jackie31337


quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337
worldwidewebfeet wrote:The problem with "portable a/c units" is that the exhaust tube generates heat requiring more runtime of the ac unit which then generates more heat.



We have a unit very similar to this. You do have to hang the exhaust host out a window, or you end up with the problem you described. We rigged up a panel to put in our window for the exhaust hose and the intake hose, but this air conditioner actually seems to come with one, which is a plus.

lumpthar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar
Anorion wrote:The filter on the unit should remove most of this. If you're still worried about it, run the water through a filter or something before you drink it. Even a couple layers of t-shirt material will get most of the stuff you should worry about out.



I disagree. I think if you've been drinking a/c water for years with no problems, you're either lucky or you've built up an impressive immune system. :/

Jessara


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
ericleer wrote:submitted, with all due respect, to Mr. Jason Tom, author of the latest update on the "strike"
______________________________________

Dear Sir.
...Any comment?
..."Every strike brings me closer to the next home run."

~ Babe Ruth


Yeah, Marlins are over Yankees 3-1.
And the same forces that are messing with the prices are at work in that game, too, because now it's 6-3 Yankees. This is almost too much fun, and I'm short on sleep.

Fluffy215


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fluffy215

Does anyone else find it odd that the advertisement under this forum is always for air conditioner of some sort? LOL

sarahkavitski


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski
SLCfan wrote:Wow... last I looked over 23 pages or something like that... now back down to 13. I wonder if any of mine went away even though they were valid posts? I miss the cat pictures.




Wall air conditioners can be a cat-astrophy!
Stick with the Haier portable AC to avoid such mishaps.

ericleer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericleer
Jessara wrote:Yeah, Marlins are over Yankees 3-1.
And the same forces that are messing with the prices are at work in that game, too, because now it's 6-3 Yankees. This is almost too much fun, and I'm short on sleep.



The Marlins having been ahead, now behind, is directly related to the fact the photo of Rutledge, and the Whale beside him.

BAGS OF CARP, as it were.

You're either on the bus, or off the bus.

~ Ken Kesey

SLCfan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages SLCfan

I just looked... my posts have all been removed. Shame on you Woot!

But my overall feelings on today's "joke"...


RNLori


quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
oldcqr wrote:Hey, how did my completely ON TOPIC post about portable ACs and the 1/2 hose conundrum get the boot?



Because the mods are all SCABS. They are probably unable to concentrate and read through all of your posts correctly because they are under attack, by that one protester.

Hoping for good news soon. All that beer in the Texas sun will surely wear him down soon. He can't be away from Xbox much longer anyway, and his favorite episode of Star Trek will be on soon. If all of the above fails, he misses his cat and has to go home to feed and snuggle it soon.

Hopefully peaceful negotiations begin soon. Semper Fidelis Woot.

woncoolone


quality posts: 458 Private Messages woncoolone

Stay cool Woot! People
It is not the end of days
Bide one's crazy time

SLCfan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages SLCfan

I say that today revives the great tradition of cat pictures flooding the comments. Nothing better to do with our comments right now anyway...

sarahkavitski


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sarahkavitski

This is what I look like right about now.

ode2k


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ode2k

Maybe we'll be able to find some clues in the next version of Google Maps for NES

http://www.youtube.com/googlemaps

rachelle33


quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33
woottoady wrote:With an operating range of 61-100F, I guess this won't chill my beer cellar, but it should work well with my Woot Wine collection


BTW, methinks the clue y'all are seeking is found in the Woot calendar (please don't crash the server)



You mean the Woot calendar I didn't get in to buy?

SLCfan


quality posts: 2 Private Messages SLCfan

In keeping with the Bundle of Carrots theme....


bradyson


quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson

Jessara


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
ericleer wrote:The Marlins having been ahead, now behind, is directly related to the fact the photo of Rutledge, and the Whale beside him.

BAGS OF CARP, as it were.



Is there a deeper meaning to your comment? Are you by chance saying that Rutledge is the Evil Empire?

Th0r


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r

thompstc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thompstc

i dont feel like reading everything...but i was up last night at 1....have there been any developments at all? or are we hunting snipes

Scheißtüten gewonnen: 3/22/12

chuckf1


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
thompstc wrote:i dont feel like reading everything...but i was up last night at 1....have there been any developments at all? or are we hunting snipes



Snipe hunting, I'm afraid. No Bunnies Ogling Carrots for us. (sigh)

mikebbass


quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Every second I am not looking at the blog I assume the blog is updating. Every second I look at the blog, the isnt updating. Its like a watched cat never/alway being gassed.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

  1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

ericleer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericleer
Jessara wrote:Is there a deeper meaning to your comment? Are you by chance saying that Rutledge is the Evil Empire?



I only could find this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ndcNFXwz9S0/SfjqPGLdKFI/AAAAAAAAClI/cO9ZmgwKXxA/s400/Deep-As-The-Ocean_Jay_4-09.jpg

You're either on the bus, or off the bus.

~ Ken Kesey

denela


quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela
s21 wrote:My avatar just changed...



I wish mine would! (or have other options available to choose from than what I do)


dernst_ca1


quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
denela wrote:I wish mine would! (or have other options available to choose from than what I do)



You can make your own.. just follow the instructions

-JMHSRV



Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
Th0r wrote:http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=4HTIP1X6

Crazy!



That is awesome. Good way to kill some time.

Th0r


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r
Th0r wrote:Woot puzzles:

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=4HTIP1X6

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=383EXUWJ

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=4H2U5LYK



I can only find 3 of them. Anyone find any others? I don't see any hints by solving them.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

RNLori wrote:Because the mods are all SCABS. They are probably unable to concentrate and read through all of your posts correctly because they are under attack, by that one protester.

Hoping for good news soon. All that beer in the Texas sun will surely wear him down soon. He can't be away from Xbox much longer anyway, and his favorite episode of Star Trek will be on soon. If all of the above fails, he misses his cat and has to go home to feed and snuggle it soon.

Hopefully peaceful negotiations begin soon. Semper Fidelis Woot.



I ain't no scab.
But I did previously post that we were rather negligent with deleting SOME posts, but we are taking precautions with deletion now that most irrelevant posts have been deleted.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

denela


quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela
dernst_ca1 wrote:You can make your own.. just follow the instructions



I actually like the odd little creatures they have...just not so much my five. Not a deal-breaker! It is what it is, apparently.


dfcnothing


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfcnothing

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nymetsfan1226 wrote:Exactly. The Woot Gods are probably sitting around, sipping brandy and doing that High Society laugh out loud sound while us little people keep hitting F5 and complaining on the board.



hackman2007


quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
ROGETRAY wrote:I ain't no scab.
But I did previously post that we were rather negligent with deleting SOME posts, but we are taking precautions with deletion now that most irrelevant posts have been deleted.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



Can you send a request to the writers for us to get another update on the strike?

Last update was several hours ago. Otherwise we are going to assume they are all dead.

Th0r


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r
ROGETRAY wrote:I ain't no scab.
But I did previously post that we were rather negligent with deleting SOME posts, but we are taking precautions with deletion now that most irrelevant posts have been deleted.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



Are you management?

andybaird


quality posts: 3 Private Messages andybaird
stangjason wrote:Will something like this work in tent while camping? If you live where it's hot and humid like I do you'll understand why I want to know this.

If there's a 15 amp 120 VAC outlet within six feet of your tent, you could use this. (Extension cords are not recommended, due to the unit's 1,800W power requirement.) That's after you seal up all the tent's vents, and then cut a hole the size of a window to mount the exhaust hose in. And assuming that you can stand the noise.

In other words, it's not practical. You're better off with some battery-powered fans and a cooler chest full of cold beverages.

TT: Added to indicate product related post.



Th0r


quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r
Th0r wrote:Woot puzzles:

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=4HTIP1X6

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=383EXUWJ

http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=4H2U5LYK



My heart is pounding. Did anyone see the comments? This must be a clue, but I don't see it.

raliegh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raliegh
Th0r wrote:My heart is pounding. Did anyone see the comments? This must be a clue, but I don't see it.



I solved them and also see nothing. =(

PengLord


quality posts: 8 Private Messages PengLord

lumpthar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar

Am I the only one that thinks the Haier looks like it came from the Aperture Science Lab?

wgundammikezero


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgundammikezero
lumpthar wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the Haier looks like it came from the Aperture Science Lab?



The Bag is a Lie

mrobey614


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrobey614
mrobey614 wrote:I got one of these for the out house last year and found not only did it cool things down but it kept the flies off of me. Plus it makes a great magazine rack and place to put my drink.



TT: Added to indicate product related post.



kat8480


quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480

So now what? Scabs taking over? Outsourced to China?, Mexico? Keep American Crap in America!