mrobey614


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrobey614

Not cool Woot!! I realize that it is supposed to be random and that it is April Fools, however the April Fools challenge has been a fun tradition that many have anticipated every year. One of the many traditions that has made Woot a huge success and unique to the many other daily deal vendors out there. These traditions have been what sets you apart and keeps your customers coming back to your company. So in my venting, I leave you with this plea. Please do not forget the traditions that have made you the company that you are today. We still want to see the awesome products at decent prices, the occasional woot offs with a Bunnies Ogling Carrots and the chance at a letter promising 1 or 2 lucky wooters something special. Ok, stepping off of soap box now. Thanks for listening!!

dfwtbear


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwtbear

How come it takes days to get the tracking number sent if it shipped on the 2nd, I got the tracking info on the 5th?? edited 4/6 1136am CDT

baritchi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baritchi

Got mine today. Improperly packaged and arrived with a broken hinge for the cold air outlet.

dfwtbear


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwtbear

I got mine today too. Very very badly packed in a box that was for some other A/C unit. I'm shocked mine was not damaged give how badly it was packaged. No bubble wrap. Very little shock absorbing material. The FedEx guy had to put more tape on it just for me to receive it. Now waiting 24 hours to see if it works. Fingers crossed.

baritchi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baritchi
baritchi wrote:Got mine today. Improperly packaged and arrived with a broken hinge for the cold air outlet.



Totally bummed. Woot tells me they have no more so since mine was improperly packaged and damaged in transport, I don't get one at all.

Oh, and Woot's telling me to call Fedex and ask for a damage call tag:

Sorry that your order arrived damaged. Please call FedEx to initiate a damage call tag. A time will be scheduled to pick up the unit and return it to us for a refund. Unfortunately, we have no replacements available. Once the call tag number has been established, please email it to us. Please call them as promptly as possible. FedEx only allows 21 days for the claim to be filed.

** Should the initial rep at FedEx tell you Woot must schedule this, please hang up and call back. You can schedule this call tag.

Riley



...I already called fedex THREE TIMES and tried. They won't do it. WtheF woot? Either Fedex has their head up their ass or you do.

Sigh. All I wanted is to get my bedroom cool so I can sleep.

baritchi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baritchi

Woot: thank you for finally making the call to Fedex and scheduling the return pickup.

threespams


quality posts: 0 Private Messages threespams

Mine is damaged also. One of the the hinges for the flip-up vent is broken as well as two of the air-directing fins.

nuketank


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

Mine arrives tomorrow. I hope it's in better condition than the trend has been.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

dfwtbear


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwtbear
dfwtbear wrote:I got mine today too. Very very badly packed in a box that was for some other A/C unit. I'm shocked mine was not damaged give how badly it was packaged. No bubble wrap. Very little shock absorbing material. The FedEx guy had to put more tape on it just for me to receive it. Now waiting 24 hours to see if it works. Fingers crossed.



Believe it or not, mine works. Seriously bad packaging by whoever woot got these from.

dfwtbear


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfwtbear
baritchi wrote:...I already called fedex THREE TIMES and tried. They won't do it. WtheF woot? Either Fedex has their head up their ass or you do.

Sigh. All I wanted is to get my bedroom cool so I can sleep.



I hope they do right by you. If you end up needing to find another one, I have another for my bedroom that I like a lot, got it from Lowes. It cools my 14x11 bedroom well. It is a Delonghi 10000 BTU unit for $299, new; Model #: PACN100EL


nuketank


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

My Aperture Science Relocatable Temperature Conditioning Apparatus has arrived.

Arrival, First Impression: "Great, mine's been reboxed too." Generic cardboard "Portable Air Conditioner" box on my front porch when I got home. Larger than I expected - my bad for not doing my homework.

Opening: "GWAH! Parts everywhere!" Almost no organization. Lifted the outside box and it rained the various hose adapters down on me.

Inspection: Broken caster and vent lid hinge, bent prong on power cord, compressor has struck the condenser coil in transit. Was afraid the sealed system had been compromised.

Start-up (Yes, I know, 24 hours, didn't run it for more than a minute): WOW noisy compressor! ... there we go. Surprisingly quiet, most the noise is from the fans, and I'm sure a proper installation will quiet down the outside fan a little. Began cooling even in the limited time I had it on.

Final verdict: Remarkably poor packaging and handling caused limited damage to an otherwise very good unit. No regrets, except finding a home for the thing when I'm not using it!

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

nuketank wrote:My Aperture Science Relocatable Temperature Conditioning Apparatus has arrived.

Arrival, First Impression: "Great, mine's been reboxed too." Generic cardboard "Portable Air Conditioner" box on my front porch when I got home. Larger than I expected - my bad for not doing my homework.

Opening: "GWAH! Parts everywhere!" Almost no organization. Lifted the outside box and it rained the various hose adapters down on me.

Inspection: Broken caster and vent lid hinge, bent prong on power cord, compressor has struck the condenser coil in transit. Was afraid the sealed system had been compromised.

Start-up (Yes, I know, 24 hours, didn't run it for more than a minute): WOW noisy compressor! ... there we go. Surprisingly quiet, most the noise is from the fans, and I'm sure a proper installation will quiet down the outside fan a little. Began cooling even in the limited time I had it on.

Final verdict: Remarkably poor packaging and handling caused limited damage to an otherwise very good unit. No regrets, except finding a home for the thing when I'm not using it!



Well, I'm glad it works! Just to be on the safe side, email in and we can give you some options since it did come damaged.

a207769s


quality posts: 0 Private Messages a207769s

Received my unit today....outer carton soaked in oil just like everything inside. Unit cracked as well. Thanks FedEx. I hope this return goes well........

nuketank


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank
DennisWKam wrote:Well, I'm glad it works! Just to be on the safe side, email in and we can give you some options since it did come damaged.



Thanks, Dennis. Email has been sent to support referencing your forum post and my order #.
Although save a spare unit for a2077 up there, he needs it worse than I do... >.>

Edit: Helps if I send it to the right address. x.x

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

Sirwootsalot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sirwootsalot

Hmmm, well mine works although it is NOT what I would call 'refurbished' - I'd call it used. Unit is all scratched up, but I guess I can live with that. What I can't live with though is the card in the box says it only has a 30 day warranty despite Woot claiming it had a 90 day warranty. What Tiny Flowers!

Anyone else only get a 30 day warranty?

a207769s


quality posts: 0 Private Messages a207769s
Sirwootsalot wrote:Hmmm, well mine works although it is NOT what I would call 'refurbished' - I'd call it used. Unit is all scratched up, but I guess I can live with that. What I can't live with though is the card in the box says it only has a 30 day warranty despite Woot claiming it had a 90 day warranty. What Tiny Flowers!

Anyone else only get a 30 day warranty?



Yes I noticed the same thing. The 90 day warranty was one of the deciding factors in making the purchase, then the warranty card says 30 days. Doesn't seem right.

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

Sirwootsalot wrote:Hmmm, well mine works although it is NOT what I would call 'refurbished' - I'd call it used. Unit is all scratched up, but I guess I can live with that. What I can't live with though is the card in the box says it only has a 30 day warranty despite Woot claiming it had a 90 day warranty. What Tiny Flowers!

Anyone else only get a 30 day warranty?



a207769s wrote:Yes I noticed the same thing. The 90 day warranty was one of the deciding factors in making the purchase, then the warranty card says 30 days. Doesn't seem right.



Sorry for the confusion! These nifty AC units actually come with a 90 day Sohnen warranty and they can be contacted here: http://sohnen.com/CustomerSupport.aspx
or 800-946-3531, Ext. 221.

Please feel free to email us if you have questions.

a207769s


quality posts: 0 Private Messages a207769s
a207769s wrote:Received my unit today....outer carton soaked in oil just like everything inside. Unit cracked as well. Thanks FedEx. I hope this return goes well........



Still waiting to hear from consumerservicerefurbish.com but if I issue a return with woot, no A/C for me I know its the chance you take with good deals like this but still frustrating when it is some lazy truck drivers fault that dropped and then back over it with the delivery truck.

UPDATE: after contacting www.consumerservicerefurbish.com using the # referenced in earlier post I was told that my only option for a replacement is to ship it to them at my cost. I can only imagine what that would cost.

Looks like I'm stuck with a refund. I don't blame woot.... just wish they could arrange a replacement.

Anyone know an affordable replacement to this unit to cool about 500 sq ft?

nuketank


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank
a207769s wrote:Received my unit today....outer carton soaked in oil just like everything inside. Unit cracked as well. Thanks FedEx. I hope this return goes well........



Ugh. That's gotta suck.
Ruptured the sealed system, that's compressor oil that got all over the place.
You power that thing up and it'll become ancient history in very short order. Judging by the condition of mine, the compressor knocked against the condenser coil, and probably the unit sidewall, so hard that either the compressor or the coil cracked and ruptured, ruining the entire thing.
Given that compressors are the single most expensive component in any refrigeration system, that thing's already ancient history.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

robdevaul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robdevaul

Mine apparently got damaged enough before delivery to where it was returned to sender.

djotham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djotham

yet another busted up version. Wheels broken, no screws, batteries and multiple pieces bent up. Engine also runs very loud. Trying not to get a refund.

nuketank


quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

Emailing Woot gave no dice, so I sent one to Customerservicerefurb. I hope I can get PARTS from them to repair this thing myself. Really, all I ask is what I need to repair the top vent and the broken caster. I'm NOT willing to ship an 80-lb air conditioner.
If they can't send parts I'll just run the unit as is.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

a207769s


quality posts: 0 Private Messages a207769s

Depending who you talk to at Sohnen they may be helpful. I am ready to pull my hair out over returning my badly damaged unit. Fedex tells me one thing then a week later denies my claim and I'm told to do something else. Then when a driver finally comes to pick it up, they go to the wrong address two days in a row.

Jiguhwa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jiguhwa

Why is there no customer service on this web site? I have been trying to deal with fedex because my package never came, but instead of dealing with it they closed the case when they lost the package! They told me to contact the website I got it from, but there is no customer service or email.. so how do I hear back from you? I feel like I got screwed out of $300 and I am NOT happy.

DennisWKam


quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

Jiguhwa wrote:Why is there no customer service on this web site? I have been trying to deal with fedex because my package never came, but instead of dealing with it they closed the case when they lost the package! They told me to contact the website I got it from, but there is no customer service or email.. so how do I hear back from you? I feel like I got screwed out of $300 and I am NOT happy.



Yeah, we don't have phone support, but you can always email us at service@woot.com, or contact us via the Write US page.

No worries though. We'll send you an email shortly. Please check your junk mail folder if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours.

Jiguhwa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jiguhwa
Jiguhwa wrote:Why is there no customer service on this web site? I have been trying to deal with fedex because my package never came, but instead of dealing with it they closed the case when they lost the package! They told me to contact the website I got it from, but there is no customer service or email.. so how do I hear back from you? I feel like I got screwed out of $300 and I am NOT happy.



Well I might not get the air conditioner that is lost, but than you to woot who immediately offered me a full refund.