WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's all over, you guys. March Angriness has finally come to an end. It was a great run! Thanks to everyone for voting and being a part of this and blah, blah, blah! You probably just want to know who won! Fine. We'll cut to the chase: with 61% of the vote (649 points), the first ever March Angriness Champion is...

Politics, Seed #3: "That doesn't fit with how I look at things, so it's probably just made up."

It doesn't matter whether you're liberal or conservative or somewhere in between: nothing is more annoying than someone who ignores facts just to keep his or her opinions intact. Deceiving internet pricing structures put up a good fight (416 points), but in the end, they were no match. Because while they may take a little more money out of your checking account each month, they can't really mess things up as much as a slew of people voting on something they don't care to fully understand.

So, good work, Wooters! You had a right to be angry, and you were angry at the right thing!

Did you enjoy March Angriness? Did you want another seed to win it all? Maybe you've got a great snub - something truly annoying that never even made it into the tournament. Well then, share away in the comments! It'll really help us make a case for why we should do more stuff like this.

Or if you're the click-first-share-feelings-never type, then get geared up for next year! We'll be doing things a little differently - maybe March Sadness? March Gladness? March Radness? March Padness (Seed #1 Pad Thai vs. Seed #16 Lilly Pads - how awesome would that be?!)? We're really not sure yet, but just know that it will be awesome!

(PS - don't forget to check back on your March Madness Bracket and watch the real championship game between KU and UK tonight!)

Photo by flickr user, Alaskan Dude used under a Creative Commons License.

joshaw

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw

Pad Thai vs. iPad 17 for the title in 2013!

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

I didn't think that one deserved to win - hence, you must be LYING!

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme
Jason Toon wrote:I didn't think that one deserved to win - hence, you must be LYING!

I see what you did there

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

rapstas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rapstas

Perhaps I just missed out on where it was being presented, but it could have been more enjoyable and engaging to see / find out how badly each of the seeds got beaten.

I.e., a close call on x and y could create a fervor of forum activity but the scoring was a hidden mystery (afaik). Perhaps the mystery was part of a master plan but making the results public could make it slightly more interactive.

I think you get the idea. You guys did a great job with setting up the tournament; I had a blast.

dseanadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dseanadams
rapstas wrote:Perhaps I just missed out on where it was being presented, but it could have been more enjoyable and engaging to see / find out how badly each of the seeds got beaten.

I.e., a close call on x and y could create a fervor of forum activity but the scoring was a hidden mystery (afaik). Perhaps the mystery was part of a master plan but making the results public could make it slightly more interactive.

I think you get the idea. You guys did a great job with setting up the tournament; I had a blast.

We posted PDFs of the results after each round (in case you were curious about any specific previous match-up), but I think you're right: we could have made them more visible. Maybe if they had been at the top of each post going into the next round.

Thanks for playing! Glad you had fun!

rapstas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rapstas
dseanadams wrote:We posted PDFs of the results after each round (in case you were curious about any specific previous match-up), but I think you're right: we could have made them more visible. Maybe if they had been at the top of each post going into the next round.

Thanks for playing! Glad you had fun!

Touche'! Thanks for mentioning that and it didn't take too long for me to find one:
The elite 8
Fancy that it even called itself 'clunky'. I was expecting something along the lines of the 'trivial eye' answers (very plain text) but found some pretty slick, albeit cross-page, graphic graphs. Thanks,

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

I'd go with March Fadness: The Top 64 Fads from the past 50 years.

Pet Rocks
Jazzercise
Pogs
Tomogotchi
Cabbage Patch Kids
Beanie Babies
Garbage Pail Kids
Pokemon
Hula Hoops
Linsanity

And so on.

Holysin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Holysin

Awwww, I was expecting a late write in victory of the wooters who camped the site on 4/1 hoping for a Barrel of Crops.

hayesjc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hayesjc

Hmmm...guess I'll go pay my exorbitant internet provider bill and slide back into the unrelenting costs of home web service...

You say the winning answer was Seed #3, but I clearly know that could not have won (how many accounts did I vote with??), so I think you just made it up.

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

The greatest discussion of ANGRY was in the Sesame Street song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5o1PTmtM3Q

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

Hey!!!
Why didn't you guys post the complete bracket? We can't see the whole playoff without clicking through a dozen posts.
MAN that makes me ANGRY!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

This actually was pretty fun. I kept up for the most put, but when I realized that I must have missed out on the results, I checked in.

I was pretty confident that pricing structures were no match for the thick-headed. Although truly, I expected internet trolls to be in the final four.

Ah well, nice job all around to the contender, I think...well, not really. In fact, just thinking about the various challangers ticks me off a little.