WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many games have you downloaded for your smartphone, if you have one?
  • 17.8% - None 258
  • 12.9% - 1-2 187
  • 13.4% - 3-4 195
  • 55.9% - more than five 811
1451 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

josephraa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages josephraa

I don't have a smartphone

kschouten

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kschouten

They really should have an option for the "more than 50" and "more than 100" crowd. 5? Really?

Those of us with kids live in an alternate universe, maybe.

fizzburn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fizzburn
josephraa wrote:I don't have a smartphone

ditto... and I prefer being smarter than my phone

parvin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages parvin
kschouten wrote:They really should have an option for the "more than 50" and "more than 100" crowd. 5? Really?

Oddly, they don't have an option for 5 either.

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

no smartphone, i enjoy the four days in between charging

Philippa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Philippa
spacemart wrote:no smartphone, i enjoy the four days in between charging

Same here.

imscience

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imscience

None, and I wish I could remove all the crapps that came with the phone.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I consider my iPod Touch to be Smartphone without that pesky phone or data plan.

I've only kept about 25 to 30, but I've downloaded at least 50 games. That's the best part of having one.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 45 Private Messages PocketBrain

3-4? There's like four Angry Birds titles alone! People voting on the first three buttons were dishonest!!!

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

No smart phone here either. I have a laptop for all the smart stuff. And it has REAL games on it, and I'm not talking facebook games.

skildude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skildude

nope no smart or cellphone here. No smart phone would have been a clever addition to the list

vatkd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vatkd

My phone is dumb. I don't need technology that thinks it is smarter than I am.

hayben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hayben

But the selection is endless, and the games aren't holding my interest for long. Sure I've downloaded a dozen or so games (and my phone came with three), but I've discarded all but one.

NycterisA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NycterisA

Where is the "100+" option? Seriously.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

iPhone and only 4 games (and I rarely play them), all free. In fact, I have nothing on the iPhone that costs to put on the phone. Free apps, free music (copied from my CD collection, most of which is more than 10 years old), free ring tones (made from the music), the iPhone data plan costs enough.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
epicsatyr wrote:No smart phone here either. I have a laptop for all the smart stuff. And it has REAL games on it, and I'm not talking facebook games.

Now, now. No need to measure cred. I play console, handheld, PC, and smartphone, and each has their own place.

And I own Plants Vs. Zombies for three different platform types.

wvtechguru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wvtechguru

You could help the smartphone game market by adding Crapshoot and Sling-a-Monkey. ;)

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

On my phone I can call and talk to people. I can text them, a service which I have NEVER used. I can also take pictures, which I have done only once. I don't even have downloaded games on my PC.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
epicsatyr wrote:No smart phone here either. I have a laptop for all the smart stuff. And it has REAL games on it, and I'm not talking facebook games.

You can't play REAL games on a laptop, you need a desktop.

Still single, can't imagine why.

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
motospyder wrote:On my phone I can call and talk to people. I can text them, a service which I have NEVER used. I can also take pictures, which I have done only once. I don't even have downloaded games on my PC.

Mom?

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I have a smartphone that I use for work. No time for games.

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard

I've downloaded 3-4, but never play any of them. Working on computers has kinda ruined me for computer games.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I don't have a "smartphone" so I'm curious...if it's so smart, why doesn't it figure out which games you'd like and download them itself?

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

epicsatyr

FenStar wrote:You can't play REAL games on a laptop, you need a desktop.

Forgot to add that I have a bunch of emulators on my laptop: SNES, NES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, Gameboy advance....etc

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
epicsatyr wrote:Forgot to add that I have a bunch of emulators on my laptop: SNES, NES, Genesis, Neo-Geo, Gameboy advance....etc

All of witch you could play on a smartphone...

Still single, can't imagine why.

epicsatyr

FenStar wrote:All of witch you could play on a smartphone...

LMAO with that "screen controller" thing! no thanks, I have a real hand held usb controller, and a normal sized screen. I don't have to look at a miniature version of Haohmaru, or play super baseball 2020 with my fingers in the way.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I don't own a smartphone and I don't want one.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm going to go with 'too many', as they're always the first to go when I haven't got room, and I never play them as much as I think I will when I go "oooh shiny game!"

That said I do have a couple favorites I enjoy.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rtwesterlund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtwesterlund

Oh my god, you're all either old people who make me want to be dead before I hit 40 or hipsters who make me want to be dead now.

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
rtwesterlund wrote:Oh my god, you're all either old people who make me want to be dead before I hit 40 or hipsters who make me want to be dead now.

+1

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder
rtwesterlund wrote:Oh my god, you're all either old people who make me want to be dead before I hit 40 or hipsters who make me want to be dead now.

I assume you think that playing games on your phone is living. There are other kinds of socially-sanctioned self-stimulation besides "Angry Birds."