zlassiter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zlassiter
Prime Suspect wrote:These are actually knock-offs of the original DreamSacks, which are 100% silk, and really nice. Especially good when staying at hotels. You Let's go fly a kite, where it's clear and bright... to see what those sheets look like under UV light. The DreamSacks, being silk, are smooth and stay cool. These appear to be a cheap poly-blend of who-knows-what. Buyer beware.

Dreamsacks on Amazon (and this one is not a rickroll, but im still laughing at the 36 of you so far that were subjected to that).

greggarcia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greggarcia

BUT WAIT!!! ... There's more!

Purchase now, and we'll include a second Dreamy at no extra charge!

Call now! Operators are standing by!

JinnRikki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JinnRikki

I've been coming to woot for several years now and I must say lately I'm beginning to wonder why. One night soon I'll just not care what woot has to offer and that will become a habit too.

jonnij

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jonnij

Perfect for using in Sleeping bags!!! Much easier to toss in the laundry. I'll toss them in the camper

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

This would drive me NUTS. I *like* having my feet hanging out a lot of the time. I kick off socks and blankets in my sleep. That being said, I'm probably weird in that regard.

All the same, they do seem like they'd be handy for traveling, and that's a nice price.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

ChefJoAnnaM

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ChefJoAnnaM
DrChops wrote:And let's just call this what it is: A crappy sleeping bag.
It's sheet folded in half and sewn together lol..

how DARE you. there's a pillow-pocket, too!

i was thinking about MAKING something like this, but you can't even get the fabric for $5, much less TWO of them, fully finished.

I also went in for one(pair). Should'a probably got two(pair).

¡ʎɹƃunɥ ʎɹǝʌ 'ʎɹǝʌ ǝɹɐ noʎ :ǝƃɐssǝɯ lɐuıɯılqns

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
madaradio wrote:a throwback to 2 for Tuesdays!

...except it's thursday and no one wants an overgrown laundry bag.

Wrong. I'm in for 3 (x2) so I guess I want an overgrown laundry bag. I can gamble with $20. I like the idea of using it for a hotel as the sheets make me nervous due to all the hype about bed bugs.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

XiaoXi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XiaoXi
novastarj wrote:Note this is a 2-pack Woot is selling... so if you buy 1, it's only $5 each, and if you splurge for 3, it works out to under $4 each.

Here are some reviews on Amazon from a separate listing.

Also note that the "Original" on sale here is just sheets. The one at the site looks like a newer version with a blanket...

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect
joshobra wrote:Three Things:

1) I lol @ fleece color
2) Will it fit a big guy?
3) So basically it's a sleeping bag?

It is only a "sleeping bag" in the sense that it is bag-like, and you are intended to sleep in it. But it's *not* what people usually think of as a "sleeping bag". There is no padding whatsoever. It's a fold-up, personal travel bed sheet.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

another quality spizzack product!

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

julieannspain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages julieannspain

Today's Woot...for when your girl has banished you to the sofa and the real blankets are in the bedroom. Bust out your Dreamie, conveniently stashed behind the couch!

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

Do these come in "BIG AND TALL"?

lisakay65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisakay65

I'm in for one for should I say two. In some hotels the bedding is too heavy and this might work well for a light cover.

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

So the specs say its 44 inches wide.....is that the width of the entire cocoon (meaning anyone larger need not buy since it won't wrap around comfortably) or is each side (top and bottom layer) 44 inches wide, meaning it would wrap around someone under 88 inches in circumfrence?

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

aren582

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aren582
tkebidder wrote:Can I be the first to ask if this is mac compatible?

Not Mac compatible. Will make your Mac over heat and catch on fire

daefaroth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages daefaroth

I have to say, those pictures of white bags and white sheets on a white background were very helpful...

souperman7421

quality posts: 1 Private Messages souperman7421

Mac, Minnie, Ace, and Howie can all fit in this, so yes, I believe it would be compatible with Mac.

holdingontowater

quality posts: 2 Private Messages holdingontowater

I've got the greatest idea ever!

Really? what is it?

A blanket with sleeves that you can wear!

ummm... that's called a snuggie it's been around for a few years.

hmmmm.... ok so we'll cut off the top and sew up the bottom.

-badda bing

aren582

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aren582
jezebelseven wrote:This would drive me NUTS. I *like* having my feet hanging out a lot of the time. I kick off socks and blankets in my sleep. That being said, I'm probably weird in that regard.

All the same, they do seem like they'd be handy for traveling, and that's a nice price.

Just cut the bottom of then LOL

aklyatne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aklyatne

I don't know about the quality of this product...

...but stop complaining about the fact that it's a bedsheet folded over and sewn together.

These are great for camping, or even just living on the cheap. With two of these and a good sleeping bag, you could basically live in the sleeping bag. You don't have to clean the expensive, fragile sleeping bag - just the cheap sheet/liner thing. Wash one when you use the other, and you'll always be sleeping in a clean one. And they're, as mentioned, good for hotels, guests, etc., etc., etc.

MichXelle

aren582 wrote:Not Mac compatible. Will make your Mac over heat and catch on fire

lol!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

Thanks to those who posted the commercials. Here's my highlight reel:

“not a sheet”… “better than any blanket”… “total body comfort”… “a comfy cocoon”… I’m just somehow not tying all of these together.

How is “not a sheet” that sure looks like a folded over sheet “better than any blanket”?

“Great for college students!” …this makes is easier for them to not have to make their bed!

“Just look at the time you’ll save making beds!”

At least we don’t have to pay separate shipping and processing like you would if you would have ordered it from the commercial.

It turns your sleeping bag into a “silky smooth bed”
Oh man, and you’ll be “as snug as a bug in a rug”!

It even fits in your purse… because you never know when you’ll need your Dreamie!

It almost makes me think this was inspired from the Snuggie. Maybe that's it! A Dreamie inside of a Snuggie! I can now sleep anywhere!

Juion

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Juion

Hrmm, this is actually tempting, because my college bed is incredibly uncomfortable needs more padding, but now I'm looking at the Dreamsack that was linked a few posts ago. That sounds really useful to have and nice.. I'm a sucker for quality.

MichXelle

aklyatne wrote:I don't know about the quality of this product...

...but stop complaining about the fact that it's a bedsheet folded over and sewn together.

These are great for camping, or even just living on the cheap. With two of these and a good sleeping bag, you could basically live in the sleeping bag. You don't have to clean the expensive, fragile sleeping bag - just the cheap sheet/liner thing. Wash one when you use the other, and you'll always be sleeping in a clean one. And they're, as mentioned, good for hotels, guests, etc., etc., etc.

I agree with ya!

I've bought "as seen on TV" for 75 to 90% off in my local CVS and have done well. It doesn't mean it's something stupid as some implied.

MichXelle

Juion wrote:Hrmm, this is actually tempting, because my college bed is incredibly uncomfortable needs more padding, but now I'm looking at the Dreamsack that was linked a few posts ago. That sounds really useful to have and nice.. I'm a sucker for quality.

Aren't we all? Sometimes we get something decent for price too. If not, I'll use them as drop cloths over furniture or floors when painting. I'll find a use for them. ;)

John1000

quality posts: 19 Private Messages John1000

Someone on Amazon thought that they received a used one – yuck. Material seems really cheap and probably uncomfortable. But if you party too much at a friend’s house and need something to throw on the couch to crash, this thing may be just the ticket. And if you hurl, you just wrap everything back up in the little pouch, pull the drawstring, and you're good to go. And I bet the material is almost waterproof, too.

If they only had these in the 70’s - SnugAsABug

cobaltgrl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cobaltgrl

My mother used to make something like this for us when I was a kid - she just took an old flannel sheet and folded it the long way and sewed it together across the bottom and 3/4's of the way up the side.

We used to love to use these when watching cartoons in the early morning.

Flannel is the best for this.

62mackinnon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 62mackinnon

I have a silk one, and used it in hostels, 3rd world hotels and inside my sleeping bag. I also have used it as an emergency sarong, and on an airplane for a little extra blanket. I am not sure a cotton one would be as useful, on a warmth to bulk ratio, but I love my silk one.

Great gift for college students about to graduate and go on a Euro-tour.

I might get my husband one, since he doesn't know what to do with himself when we're on vacay and I'm in mine, safe from bedbug bites!

Calcifer

Crazykid

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Crazykid
tkebidder wrote:Can I be the first to ask if this is mac compatible?

Yes, it is and also comes with Apple Virus!

leithmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leithmaria

1. I wish there was one for couples
2. I wish it wasn't "sateen." Does anyone else find it irritating on their skin?

Now I want a dreamsack!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Juion wrote:Hrmm, this is actually tempting, because my college bed is incredibly uncomfortable needs more padding, but now I'm looking at the Dreamsack that was linked a few posts ago. That sounds really useful to have and nice.. I'm a sucker for quality.

This won't add any padding. We buy a foam mattress topper for my son's bed and put it under a padded mattress pad. That helps ton. You can pick up foam toppers pretty cheap at Walmart. If you have a Twin XL bed, it will be a bit short but you can just leave the area under your pillow without it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Is there any need for this crap, except maybe to go into a Barrel of Crops?

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
derrrface wrote:hmm. hmmm. hmm. hmmm.

Ha! That lady actually seemed pretty cool once she got into it, but MAN, she had a very odd approach to the hospitality business before Tabatha snapped her out of it. Hmmmmm. ;)

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
ThunderThighs wrote:This won't add any padding. We buy a foam mattress topper for my son's bed and put it under a padded mattress pad. That helps ton. You can pick up foam toppers pretty cheap at Walmart. If you have a Twin XL bed, it will be a bit short but you can just leave the area under your pillow without it.

Wow! A mattress topper? For a kid? When I was a kid, my parents put lots of tacks, nuts, and bolts between the sheet and the mattress on my bed and told me it was to make up for the fact that I had been deprived of the opportunity to grow up during The Depression like they did ;)

musicmaniac32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages musicmaniac32

The only reason I hesitated to buy this is the overwhelming feeling that I'm a fool to buy something I could very easily make. I barely know how to thread my little $15 sewing machine, but I know I could use it long enough to sew the sides of a folded sheet.

*sigh* But I'm so lazy. Guess I'm in for one since I only have a month until a trip overseas. It'd take me a month just to get the motivation to pick out some cloth or a sheet at the store and a month more to lay it out to sew.

I hate myself.

ma2alex

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ma2alex
bluejester wrote:So, your feet are cold when you throw a blanket on them, and the solution is this thing?

I have a brilliant idea, I'm working on. It's something I would like to call "the sock."

Essentially, it's the same concept as the Dreamie. However, with my invention, you can carry it with you even more easily. You can hide the "sock," within another invention of mine, called "the shoe."

The only drawback so far is that it has this tendency to always have one of the socks (they're sold in pairs) disappears in dryers. Haven't figured that one out yet, but the guys in research tell me they're close to a breakthrough.

~Seriously, made me laugh out loud! Almost my woke my sleeping dh... too bad I don't have a Dreamie to take to the couch with me when I get booted for laughing! I'm in for 3! Thanks for the laughs ;~)

panthiest

quality posts: 17 Private Messages panthiest

I've got a coupon I'm lookin to spend on something cheap, but does this have any advantage at all over just throwing a sheet in my backpack before I go traveling?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

musicmaniac32 wrote:The only reason I hesitated to buy this is the overwhelming feeling that I'm a fool to buy something I could very easily make. I barely know how to thread my little $15 sewing machine, but I know I could use it long enough to sew the sides of a folded sheet.

*sigh* But I'm so lazy. Guess I'm in for one since I only have a month until a trip overseas. It'd take me a month just to get the motivation to pick out some cloth or a sheet at the store and a month more to lay it out to sew.

I hate myself.

I'm with you there. I sold my sewing machine years ago because I never used it. I could barely sew a straight line without something getting knotted up. It was so frustrating and aggravating that it wasn't worth it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

patreezia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patreezia

The concept is good, but the material is bad. Who wants to sleep surrounded with a slimy, polyester coccoon? Can you say "sweaty"? Wish these were cotton, or at least half cotton.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
jezebelseven wrote:This would drive me NUTS. I *like* having my feet hanging out a lot of the time. I kick off socks and blankets in my sleep. That being said, I'm probably weird in that regard.

Nope, you're not all that weird. I am the same way. I was thinking about buying this and using a seam ripper on the bottom seam.