jdhein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhein
bglassman wrote:Fajitas! Preferably along the River Walk in San Antonio. Rita's will to just fine, but I'm always open to sugerencias.

Damn You!!!!Now I gotta fly to Farking San Antonio again.

jamessheepdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamessheepdog

Flouta or Toquito

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Not to be too anal here, but to everyone saying tamales, there is no actual tortilla involved in true tamales. It's just ground corn/cornmeal that's been stuffed with meat, wrapped in a corn husk, and steamed for a good while. They sure are freakin' tasty though!

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57

Eggs, Potato, and Chorizo.

About anything really, a good grilled salmon is delicious with some veggies and your favorite sauce.

I can't believe that fajita's were not on the first list. Beef,Chicken, Pork, Goat, Lamb, Rattlesnake, Fish, Shellfish, and anything else you can grill in some bell peppers and onions. For variety, try some summer squash and zucchini. A little bit of fajita seasoning makes it all good.

My favorite leftover in a tortilla - Brisket

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.

tere1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tere1966

Grilled mushrooms, onions and jalapenos are the best tacos!

neveda0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neveda0

I just can't decide:
Cheemicherry
Cherrychonga!

kashmirton

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kashmirton

ALL OF THE ABOVE! yummmm

eeyore98001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eeyore98001

Thanks, Woot now I'm craving Mexican food. GRRRR and when is the all of the above option?

shannon morrison

TheTexasTwister

quality posts: 11 Private Messages TheTexasTwister

Well, if I could count a pita as a type of flour tortilla then I would say a gyro with lamb meat topped with fresh onion, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce. I would also like to start that meal with some za'atar in olive oil with a pita/flour tortilla for dipping.

If not, then chicken fajita tacos (grilled with onions, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes and a pinch of crushed garlic) wrapped in freshly made corn tortillas with some nice guacamole and sour cream on the side. And I'll still have the za'atar in olive oil and a couple of flour tortillas for dipping.

(I love Greek food. It's like Mexican food, but without the heart problems.)

TheTexasTwister

calebmitchell wrote:Not to be too anal here, but to everyone saying tamales, there is no actual tortilla involved in true tamales. It's just ground corn/cornmeal that's been stuffed with meat, wrapped in a corn husk, and steamed for a good while. They sure are freakin' tasty though!

Well, if you really want to push the definition of tortilla to its breaking point, you could, possibly, say that a tamale is just filling wrapped in a really thick corn tortilla.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
TheTexasTwister wrote:Well, if I could count a pita as a type of flour tortilla then I would say a gyro with lamb meat topped with fresh onion, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce. I would also like to start that meal with some za'atar in olive oil with a pita/flour tortilla for dipping.

If not, then chicken fajita tacos (grilled with onions, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes and a pinch of crushed garlic) wrapped in freshly made corn tortillas with some nice guacamole and sour cream on the side. And I'll still have the za'atar in olive oil and a couple of flour tortillas for dipping.

(I love Greek food. It's like Mexican food, but without the heart problems.)

Gyros = YUM. I could easily live off of Greek and Mediterranean food. Just give me a falafel gyro with some pita chips and hummus on the side, a little bit of baba ganoush, and some kanafeh, and I'm in HEEEEEAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!

TheTexasTwister

calebmitchell wrote:Gyros = YUM. I could easily live off of Greek and Mediterranean food. Just give me a falafel gyro with some pita chips and hummus on the side, a little bit of baba ganoush, and some kanafeh, and I'm in HEEEEEAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!

I tried baba ganoush a while back and it is pretty tasty. I haven't tried falafel or kanafeh, but I'll have to soon. There is a very good Mediterranean restaurant near where I live so I'll have to pay visit soon and order some up.

But now you have me thinking. I wonder what chicken fajita tacos would taste like with tzatziki sauce instead of sour cream?