ThunderThighs

quality posts: 538 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dorminyk wrote:What a strange place to ask for prayer's, but I we (wife and I) need them, and need them badly...

Our story starts 5 years ago when we decided to start a family... My wife got pregnant rather quickly but the pregnancy termed 7 weeks in... repeat this 6 more times over the course of 5 years she is finally pregnant and is currently in week 23... We found out at week 20 that she has no amniotic fluid in her womb. As most people know, weeks 22-24 is when the lungs develop, mostly because of this fluid...

We were told that 4 outcomes were possible: 1) Miscarriage before carrying to term, 2) Carrying to term but baby being still born, 3) Carrying to term but baby dies shortly after birth and 4) carrying to term and by a miracle, baby survives with little to no issues...

There have been only 4 or 5 known cases of the 4th outcome...

If people could pray for a miracle for our first child, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

◄••• Click

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
Dorminyk wrote:What a strange place to ask for prayer's, but I we (wife and I) need them, and need them badly...

Our story starts 5 years ago when we decided to start a family... My wife got pregnant rather quickly but the pregnancy termed 7 weeks in... repeat this 6 more times over the course of 5 years she is finally pregnant and is currently in week 23... We found out at week 20 that she has no amniotic fluid in her womb. As most people know, weeks 22-24 is when the lungs develop, mostly because of this fluid...

We were told that 4 outcomes were possible: 1) Miscarriage before carrying to term, 2) Carrying to term but baby being still born, 3) Carrying to term but baby dies shortly after birth and 4) carrying to term and by a miracle, baby survives with little to no issues...

There have been only 4 or 5 known cases of the 4th outcome...

If people could pray for a miracle for our first child, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Praying

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

It does seem like a strange place until you need the fantastic support, loving thoughts, and genuine caring. It is here, believe me. I will pray for your baby to born healthy - thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Baby Korbin begins his 4th round of chemotherapy today. I think he has done exceptionally well so far. Praying for it to continue.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

My best friend's Mom lost her fight with cancer today (at age 53). Can you all please pray for her family, and all of us she called her kids (there are many more of us than her biological family, she really was Mom to everyone). The biological family is going through a really hard time and is looking to declare bankruptcy soon. I'm sure they would appreciate prayers for where they should be in the future as well.

Thank you.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Prayers continuing for all.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

Praying for all the loved ones in this thread.

@crowsnest531

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Just got this email from my sister in law. He is 42

Hi Everyone,
Mike's brother, Stevie, has just been diagnosed with end-stage liver cancer. He began battling spindle cell sarcoma about five years ago with it affecting his thigh then lung then brain. It is a connective tissue disease which can metastasize to the organs. He just celebrated his 20 year retirement from the Navy & was set to begin the next chapter in his life as a realtor. The news is devastating to all of us. If that is not enough, his wife, Lisa was diagnosed & treated for breast cancer this year & just had her gall bladder removed a couple of weeks ago after an acute attack. We were blessed enough to have attended Stevie's retirement ceremony which was by far the most moving experience of my life. We are so proud of him but now deeply saddened. We need a miracle so I ask of all of you to pray for him. Please join Team Stevie...Fight...Pray...Believe. This has become our mantra as brought to us by Jeanne. It is proving to be quite powerful & inspiring for us. Stevie & Lisa are here with us staying at Julie & Bruce's while we maneuver our way through appts. He had a visit with a holistic practitioner yesterday, is going there again today & we're off to Sloan tomorrow.
Hope to talk soon & keep those prayers going...FIGHT...PRAY...BELIEVE.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Just got this email from my sister in law. He is 42

Hi Everyone,
Mike's brother, Stevie, has just been diagnosed with end-stage liver cancer. He began battling spindle cell sarcoma about five years ago with it affecting his thigh then lung then brain. It is a connective tissue disease which can metastasize to the organs. He just celebrated his 20 year retirement from the Navy & was set to begin the next chapter in his life as a realtor. The news is devastating to all of us. If that is not enough, his wife, Lisa was diagnosed & treated for breast cancer this year & just had her gall bladder removed a couple of weeks ago after an acute attack. We were blessed enough to have attended Stevie's retirement ceremony which was by far the most moving experience of my life. We are so proud of him but now deeply saddened. We need a miracle so I ask of all of you to pray for him. Please join Team Stevie...Fight...Pray...Believe. This has become our mantra as brought to us by Jeanne. It is proving to be quite powerful & inspiring for us. Stevie & Lisa are here with us staying at Julie & Bruce's while we maneuver our way through appts. He had a visit with a holistic practitioner yesterday, is going there again today & we're off to Sloan tomorrow.

How awful. Praying.

KtCallista

While praying for klozit and dname, you can all add this praise! Baby Gabriel is now 5lbs 6oz getting breast milk straight from the source occasionally AND he has outgrown preemie clothing and is ready for newborn sizing. Furthermore his due date is still coming up this next month. So all in all he's doing really well. He still needs prayer to keep growing, and keep developing, but as an update point life is good!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:While praying for klozit and dname, you can all add this praise! Baby Gabriel is now 5lbs 6oz getting breast milk straight from the source occasionally AND he has outgrown preemie clothing and is ready for newborn sizing. Furthermore his due date is still coming up this next month. So all in all he's doing really well. He still needs prayer to keep growing, and keep developing, but as an update point life is good!

That's terrific. Glad for some good news here.

GodfatherND

Hi Everyone,

Praying for Team Stevie

joyner

Hi Everyone,

Praying for them. Wow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Thank you

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

GodfatherND

I'm asking for prayers for a friend, Eileen. She had uterine cancer earlier this year, and chemo took care of that. She found out today, that she has breast cancer. I'm not really sure how she's holding up mentally, but if you could, please say a prayer for her.

pooflady

GodfatherND wrote:I'm asking for prayers for a friend, Eileen. She had uterine cancer earlier this year, and chemo took care of that. She found out today, that she has breast cancer. I'm not really sure how she's holding up mentally, but if you could, please say a prayer for her.

Absolutely.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

I am so glad to see this thread! I am praying for all the requests listed. It is good to hear positive news about baby Gabriel.

Please add my dad to your prayers (and me too) Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer about six months ago and given two months. He is getting angry that he has not died yet. He is also totally blind (46 years) and 80%+ deaf (6 years) an insulin dependent diabetic (2 years) and has vascular dementia (2+ years) I am his sole caretaker. I need wisdom on how to deal with him. We got hospice soon after he was diagnosed, for me, he hasn't wanted them at all. He said yesterday that he was going to quit having them come. He thinks they are getting paid for doing nothing.

We also went to see an oncologist yesterday for the first time. Dad wanted to know the cancer location as his bones have been hurting. The doctor said there was no use doing the test if dad wasn't going to be treated. Three of his siblings died from the same thing and the ones who had any type of treatment, even pallative, were much worse. He is getting angry and depressed. Please pray that he will go soon and that he will find peace until he goes. I will miss him, its just hard to see him like this. Thanks so much Woot friends!

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:I am so glad to see this thread! I am praying for all the requests listed. It is good to hear positive news about baby Gabriel.

Please add my dad to your prayers (and me too) Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer about six months ago and given two months. He is getting angry that he has not died yet. He is also totally blind (46 years) and 80%+ deaf (6 years) an insulin dependent diabetic (2 years) and has vascular dementia (2+ years) I am his sole caretaker. I need wisdom on how to deal with him. We got hospice soon after he was diagnosed, for me, he hasn't wanted them at all. He said yesterday that he was going to quit having them come. He thinks they are getting paid for doing nothing.

We also went to see an oncologist yesterday for the first time. Dad wanted to know the cancer location as his bones have been hurting. The doctor said there was no use doing the test if dad wasn't going to be treated. Three of his siblings died from the same thing and the ones who had any type of treatment, even pallative, were much worse. He is getting angry and depressed. Please pray that he will go soon and that he will find peace until he goes. I will miss him, its just hard to see him like this. Thanks so much Woot friends!

What a horrible situation for you both. In my prayers.

joyner

pooflady wrote:What a horrible situation for you both. In my prayers.

Praying for you both. My Dad died of cancer in 1996. As strange as it may sound, we were very relieved when he died. To know he was out of pain was a relief.

joyner

GodfatherND wrote:I'm asking for prayers for a friend, Eileen. She had uterine cancer earlier this year, and chemo took care of that. She found out today, that she has breast cancer. I'm not really sure how she's holding up mentally, but if you could, please say a prayer for her.

So sorry. Praying for her.

klozitshoper

Hi Everyone,

Dname - I have not come to this thread in a long time and am so sorry. I shall be praying for all here to receive God's blessings and for an good outcome for whatever the problem is. My son in law had Fibrolamellar carcinoma (liver met lung) and was diagnosed five years ago. He was given not more than a year and probably six months. He lived until a couple of weeks ago. It is a fight, struggle, and takes a lot of support in the way of prayers and encouragement (I am convinced beyond a doubt that the prayers of my fellow wooters here as well as those folks in other places where his name was on prayer lists helped him through the near death experiences a few times). It is a rough journey, and I certainly will be praying for him and for his wife that she will be well and remain cancer-free.

klozitshoper

joyner wrote:So sorry. Praying for her.

I will be praying.

klozitshoper

jawsuser wrote:I am so glad to see this thread! I am praying for all the requests listed. It is good to hear positive news about baby Gabriel.

I will be praying for him, and just putting in a plug for Hospice. They can help him if he will listen. My daughter and son-in-law would not consider it until the oncologist came right out and said he was going to order their care - that there was not one thing more he could do. They always had a tiny glimmer of hope. They were both glad to have the help during the month-long death process.

klozitshoper

Praying for Eileen.

jawsuser

klozitshoper wrote:Dname - I have not come to this thread in a long time and am so sorry. I shall be praying for all here to receive God's blessings and for an good outcome for whatever the problem is. My son in law had Fibrolamellar carcinoma (liver met lung) and was diagnosed five years ago. He was given not more than a year and probably six months. He lived until a couple of weeks ago. It is a fight, struggle, and takes a lot of support in the way of prayers and encouragement (I am convinced beyond a doubt that the prayers of my fellow wooters here as well as those folks in other places where his name was on prayer lists helped him through the near death experiences a few times). It is a rough journey, and I certainly will be praying for him and for his wife that she will be well and remain cancer-free.

Sorry to hear about your son's death. That is so hard! Praying for the entire family.

jawsuser

klozitshoper wrote:I will be praying for him, and just putting in a plug for Hospice. They can help him if he will listen. My daughter and son-in-law would not consider it until the oncologist came right out and said he was going to order their care - that there was not one thing more he could do. They always had a tiny glimmer of hope. They were both glad to have the help during the month-long death process.

I am sold on hospice. A number of family members have needed them and they were great! Dad is just concerned about the national deficit and doesn't want to add to it.
Hospice is already helping me just to know there are people I can call. I would appreciate prayers that he would reconsider.

GodfatherND

My prayers go out for all involved.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:I am sold on hospice. A number of family members have needed them and they were great! Dad is just concerned about the national deficit and doesn't want to add to it.
Hospice is already helping me just to know there are people I can call. I would appreciate prayers that he would reconsider.

I've been praying for you and your dad, since you started posting in PWA. I will pray for your specific requests now too. Having a "mom" (best friend's mother who got me through high school), go through this over the last year (she died in July), I can completely understand what you are going through. I hope you can convince your father to accept the Hospice help. Being a caretaker is tiring work and you need all the physical support you can get!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:I've been praying for you and your dad, since you started posting in PWA. I will pray for your specific requests now too. Having a "mom" (best friend's mother who got me through high school), go through this over the last year (she died in July), I can completely understand what you are going through. I hope you can convince your father to accept the Hospice help. Being a caretaker is tiring work and you need all the physical support you can get!

Thanks. I just read about your other 'mom' on the last post list. Was sad to read about her. Thanks for the prayers. They make all the difference!

jawsuser

Please pray for my dad. We went to the oncologist Friday. Dr. started talking radiation almost as soon as he got in the door.

Dad had three siblings die from same cancer. The one who had no treatment had a good end of life, but the one who sought treatment and the one who had palativ treatment were both very sick and miserable before they died.

The main reason dad went was to see where the cancer is now. Dr. said there was no use having test if dad wasn't going to have treatment.

Dad has decided he does not need hospice. When I mentioned I did not want to face his cancer alone he was thinking of something so he would be the only one facing the cancer.

In the past when he has talked this way he has been talking of killing himself. He is not telling me what he meant by that comment. I have called to report his words before and he has spent two times in a hospital involuntarily for observation and medical intervention. So if he is thinking of killing himself I doubt he will tell me.

He has decided to go visit his sister. I have suggested this a couple times before and he had said no he didn't want to stay. I am concerned what he is planning while he is visiting her. I will give her and my uncle a heads up, but would really appreciate prayer. Dad has been acting a little odder than normal. He really just wants to die and go home to heaven.

UPDATE: dad had a good visit with his sister. Evidently he went to give me a break. He hasn't mentioned any more about facing the cancer by himself; he has probably forgot. There are times when dementia is a blessing! He cancelled hospice for now. He agreed that if he got worse I could call them back in. Thanks so much for your prayers! They help so very much.

KtCallista

Please pray for Baby Felicity and her big Brother Brighton. Felicity is going in for her first surgery tomorrow. She is just over 4 months and has been on a nose style feeding tube for the last 2 months. Her surgery was planned and her mother was ready to take her in to get this done to help her.

However tonight Brighton's GJ tube that he had put in a little over a year ago and adjusted a few times, came completely out fully inflated. He will be needing emergency surgery tomorrow. This is a lot more stress than this poor amazing woman and good friend of mine (and the rest of her beautiful family) was expecting. These are not light surgeries. Please pray everything goes text book and both babies heal and start gaining weight and developing quickly after.

They both are victims of Mitochondrial disorder (not positive on Felicity, as it is still just suspected at this time.) Thank you all for your continued prayers. Big brother Jackson is doing well at this time and is almost two years over his projected final birthday, what a blessing that boy is!

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Please pray for Baby Felicity and her big Brother Brighton. Felicity is going in for her first surgery tomorrow. She is just over 4 months and has been on a nose style feeding tube for the last 2 months. Her surgery was planned and her mother was ready to take her in to get this done to help her.

However tonight Brighton's GJ tube that he had put in a little over a year ago and adjusted a few times, came completely out fully inflated. He will be needing emergency surgery tomorrow. This is a lot more stress than this poor amazing woman and good friend of mine (and the rest of her beautiful family) was expecting. These are not light surgeries. Please pray everything goes text book and both babies heal and start gaining weight and developing quickly after.

They both are victims of Mitochondrial disorder (not positive on Felicity, as it is still just suspected at this time.) Thank you all for your continued prayers. Big brother Jackson is doing well at this time and is almost two years over his projected final birthday, what a blessing that boy is!

Praying for Felicity and Brighton on their surgeries tomorrow. Also praising God for Jackson's life. Praying also for the mom and the rest of the family, that God will give them strength and peace through this difficult time.

jawsuser

KtCallista

Baby Gabriel (the preemie) is getting a tummy tube today and getting ready to go home for the very first time! He has no ongoing medical issues at this time. He is not getting sufficient food orally, so the tummy tube (G-tube) is just an insurance measure to facilitate him going home and getting enough to eat. He is chunky and very cute!

Baby Felicity and Brighton are home again.

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.

jawsuser

KtCallista wrote:Baby Gabriel (the preemie) is getting a tummy tube today and getting ready to go home for the very first time! He has no ongoing medical issues at this time. He is not getting sufficient food orally, so the tummy tube (G-tube) is just an insurance measure to facilitate him going home and getting enough to eat. He is chunky and very cute!

Baby Felicity and Brighton are home again.

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers.

Thanks for the updates.

GodfatherND

Eileen had a second surgery for breast cancer yesterday. I was surprised to learn that nearly 20% of women who have a lumpectomy require a second surgery.

Eileen will begin 6 weeks of chemo/radiation soon. I'm asking for prayers for Eileen.

pooflady

GodfatherND wrote:Eileen had a second surgery for breast cancer yesterday. I was surprised to learn that nearly 20% of women who have a lumpectomy require a second surgery.

Eileen will begin 6 weeks of chemo/radiation soon. I'm asking for prayers for Eileen.

She's obviously a fighter. Will do.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

GodfatherND wrote:Eileen had a second surgery for breast cancer yesterday. I was surprised to learn that nearly 20% of women who have a lumpectomy require a second surgery.

Will do.
My father in law has survived a few major cancers so far. It can be done.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

Praying for her.
My aunt had breast cancer, bone cancer and skin cancer. She is still doing great and her breast cancer was probably over 30 years ago now.

GodfatherND

Need a prayer for my youngest sister. They found cysts on her ovaries, and now they're recommending a hysterectomy.