bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
ThunderThighs wrote:Mine has been sitting in the middle of the floor for a week waiting for me to vacuum. I've promised myself I will do it tonight. We'll see how that goes.

I think you're ready for a Neato!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

kseck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kseck

Does woot have a return policy in case you don't like it? I'm not sure how far the wand extends and how far the chord is. I also didn't see a flat attachment for the tube to get under couches. Any feedback on this?

skildude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skildude

After reading Consumer Reports on Vaccums, you'd be better off spending $100 on a hoover hepvac than wasting it on this. Dyson, while a unique design, does nothing a regularly priced hepvac can't do.
With the money you save you can blow it on some other woot deal.

Granted some Wooters and people alike are dyed in the wool fans of Dyson's clever marketing campaign. I am not.

junkite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junkite

Here we go again, antoher 200 dollar vaccuum. Just how many do we need?

samlodise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samlodise

Holding out for the Animal version.

raheelgauba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raheelgauba

Aaaah - been waiting for this! Finally!!!!

imlogan5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imlogan5

Why was the 2 for Tuesday on a Monday? Or did I miss the part in the description where you get 2 Dyson vacuums? Or is today Wednesday? I really have no idea what day it is- I missed the last Woot calendar...

mcpete17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcpete17

Did you hit the red reset button on the right side of the brush (if you are holding the vac. handle)? This happened to my neighbor this past weekend. I bought her the refurb from woot last time it was on.

rsqueo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsqueo

i bought this model a couple years ago and to be honest, I've never been completely satisfied....

Pros: It really does great on dust/fine dirt and pet hair.

Cons: it doesn't pick up anything solid. this is by far the most disappointing part. i'm talking bits of leaves, beads, dry cat food pieces... it just pushes that stuff around.

Also, i find the hose to be awkward when trying to vacuum the couch, etc.

I just wish i hadn't paid as much as i did for this vacuum, b/c its really not something that does the whole job for me.

spicedrum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spicedrum
samlodise wrote:Holding out for the Animal version.

You might want to check upthread. ThunderThighs mentioned that the only difference is the attachments (which aren't included with this Woot).

Maybe you could price how much you can get the Animal attachments elsewhere and, if it's still a deal, grab this from Woot. ??

nepats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nepats

Okay. This sucked me in. Hopefully, the wifey will be happy.

stpara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpara

My biggest concern is Dyson only offering 6 month warranty for the DC24 model as is a refub model. All new Dyson upright models get a full 5 years.

Question is buying this is saving half off full price retail worth the risk vs looking elsewhere for something new and better warranty?

hiwhatsupnothing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hiwhatsupnothing

So is this worth the extra $150 over the Eureka Vacs?

Which one sucks the best?
Lasts longer?
Most reliable?
I have hardwood, carpet and tile in my house, suggestions?

I'm buying a vacuum today.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv
imlogan5 wrote:Why was the 2 for Tuesday on a Monday? Or did I miss the part in the description where you get 2 Dyson vacuums? Or is today Wednesday? I really have no idea what day it is- I missed the last Woot calendar...

You didn't miss anything Woot got their calendars backwards and thought Tuesday came before Monday this week.

mikester321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikester321

Why are there always sooo many Refurbished Dysons available for sale? Do I really want to own one of these?

MarvinDog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarvinDog

We bought a referb four years ago and it's still going strong. Our house is a mixture of hardwood, oriental carpets and berber. Does a fantastic job. I had heard the misinformation about Dysons having "too much suction," and beater bars that'll tear up berber and some other loop carpets. Not true from what I've seen, and we vacuum often.

graciesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graciesmom

I love my animal Dyson! I bought the first one when it came out and my home was not only cleaner, you could no longer smell "pet" smell. I have 3 dogs in the house, big dogs too, and this is the only vacuum gets ALL the hair and dirt! My friends do remark on the clean smell of my home with all the dogs running around (I don't bathe my dogs either)! I owe it all to Dyson! I bought the ball purple model, refurbed, just recently on woot and love it! It goes from tile to carpet without adjustment and sucks the dog hair up vs blowing it away! I can highly recommend the Dysons, even the refurbed! I don't even begrudge paying the extra $50!

graciesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graciesmom
hiwhatsupnothing wrote:So is this worth the extra $150 over the Eureka Vacs?

Which one sucks the best?
Lasts longer?
Most reliable?
I have hardwood, carpet and tile in my house, suggestions?

I'm buying a vacuum today.

I like the purple one best! But I do have pets running around.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Enough with the Dysons already,I'm in the mood for a "Famous Maker" 27" monitor please.

enos233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enos233

This sucks!

hagbarthr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbarthr

What's the difference between the DC24 All-Floors and the DC24 Animal? Dyson site says the Animal has a reversible wand for stair cleaning, but doesn't this also have a way to detach the hose for stair cleaning?

spicedrum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spicedrum
hagbarthr wrote:What's the difference between the DC24 All-Floors and the DC24 Animal? Dyson site says the Animal has a reversible wand for stair cleaning, but doesn't this also have a way to detach the hose for stair cleaning?

Per Thunderthighs' post upthread, the Animal has a turbine attachment, otherwise the All Floors and Animal models are identical.

edit: I was almost in for one (purple are all sold out, by the way) so I could quit pretending that the DC14 my mom keeps borrowing is ever going to be my vacuum again, but I realized that both rent and car insurance are due next Tuesday. Boo!

What are the odds that Woot will ever have another refurbed Dyson for sale?? What will I do if I miss out on this deal???!!!

(I'll catch one after my next payday, that's what. Thanks for being predic-- I mean consistent, woot!)

luvche21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages luvche21

Dear Woot: I don't need/can't afford a vacuum for another 5 years. Please sell me one then. Thank you.

owltree

quality posts: 1 Private Messages owltree

I bought this model Dyson when Woot sold them a few months back. It is without a doubt the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned, and I have owned vacuum cleaners since 1963. It out-performs an expensive Electrolux I used to have. Picks up pet hair and works equally well for me on carpet, tile and Pergo. Have to be careful with the Pergo....it scratches easily with any kind of vacuum cleaner.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

I have this Dyson, bought it new a couple years ago from Amazon.

I only had it clog once(yes I can clog the unclog-able vacuum) when I sucked up too many pieces of chewed cardboard at once. But fancy use of a pipe cleaner took care of it.

I have a large bird(note the chewed cardboard) that chew everything and fluff feathers are everywhere, and seed hulls. If you have a bird you know how hard it is to get fluff feathers off a carpet. This sucks them right up with no problem.

The apartment is all carpet but the baths and kitchen. I can easily run it over the tile in both to pick up messes just as easily as the carpeted areas.

My only complaint would be how often I have to empty the bin when I clean, but it's easy to remove and put back so it's not too much of a hassle.

n44nc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages n44nc
tmangini21 wrote:bought it last time around on woot for $50 more. good buy but being the cheapsake i am i wish i waited till now.

If it makes you feel any better, for $250 you got the DC 25 model. Not sure what the differences are, but you probably got more for more.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

cazsulli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cazsulli

5 day till they ship my product then 8 days in transit from Texas to Boston. FedEx then handed to us postal for delivery ?

psychomuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychomuse
matt1976 wrote:My only complaints about it are that the cord is too short and the dust bin is too small.

Or could it be... your house is too long and your dust is too big?

psychomuse

matt1976 wrote:Mine's the uber-cool, limited edition Blueprint model.

Ah yes, the priceless collector's edition vacuum cleaner! Someday this thing is gonna be worth... less.

psychomuse

dskrentz wrote:And to make it worse, Consumer Reports gives this model a 44 out of 100 -- third from the bottom in terms of upright bagless vacuum cleaners.

Well, that's still better than the 35 out of a 100 that Dyson gives Consumer Reports!

psychomuse

RckmRobot wrote:Normally, Dyson uses yellow to designate their all-purpose vacuum line, and purple to designate their "Animal" line for homes with pets.

And of course, there's the green line of vacs that operate on solar power.

psychomuse

samlodise wrote:Holding out for the Animal version.

Me too! I want mine to clean up the floor AND fetch the newspaper.

23Jess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 23Jess
granilithe wrote:I have this Dyson, bought it new a couple years ago from Amazon.

How loud/quiet is this model?

I had the DC25, once upon a time (the floor<=>wand diverter, a wee plastic rudder-type plastic hoohah, eshewed engagement during turns and would have cost $180 to replace. Hindsight:woulda been worth it.); and found it OK if not swing-shift friendly.
Reviews report ~74 decibels.
I didn't measure.
Three years' fronting of post-traumatic amygdala fu as otherwise-fine-thankyou, except for that-trauma-triggered hypersensitivity to venomous and/or barbed-type arthropods, has earned the dB meter a place of prominence on the pegboard, but personal opinion/intuition trumps lab tests, esp as levels tend to shift with usage, etc...

Whaddaya happy owners think? Is this vacuum paper-walled-apartment-friendly? Shared-narrow-driveway chic?
Or does it observe a broom closet curfew?

psychomuse

michoutdoors wrote:Now, if we could only get this thing to pick-up big chunks of cat we would be in business.

"Big chunks of cat?!!" Putting those knives from a previous Woot! to good use, I see.

johngroc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johngroc

I guess vacuum.com was already taken

catediede

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catediede
skildude wrote:After reading Consumer Reports on Vaccums, you'd be better off spending $100 on a hoover hepvac than wasting it on this.

We did the math and I've had my Dyson for 7 years now, and it still works great. This is after years and years of buying Hoovers and Dirt Devils, etc. at the store, spending $100 a year to buy a new vac. That means I've made $300 buying a Dyson.

Love my Dyson, and am planning on buying an Animal next, though I almost pulled the trigger for this refurb.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
n44nc wrote:If it makes you feel any better, for $250 you got the DC 25 model. Not sure what the differences are, but you probably got more for more.

And if it makes you feel any better still, I paid list price ($500) for DC25 about 3 years ago. It's an awesome vacuum cleaner. The difference between the DC25 and the DC24 are that the 24 has a telescopic handle for easier storage and is lighter. The DC25 is a bit bigger, a bit heavier, a little more powerful and has a bigger dirt collector. I wish I'd got the DC24, especially at this price!

Caffeineismydrug

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Caffeineismydrug

Bought 4 Dyson cuums from woot, all refurbished.. all working great. We have one on each floor now.

--Bought the DC14 w/ Mini turbine head in 2007, still use it, my favorite one.
--Bought the DC28 Animal for my dad and his long-haired golden retriever a year ago. He loves it and threw away every sub-$100 vacuum he owned.
--Bought this DC24 over a year ago. Good vac, fun to use, but small bin and short cord.
--Just received the DC-23 canister vac yesterday, love the cord recoil, but haven't had time to play with the vac much. Called and chatted with customer support yesterday to talk about storage of the accessories and wrapping of the hose, they were awesome.

My dad damaged his DC28 just outside of woot's- crappy warranty. Apparently Dyson's don't like wet drywall dust and joint compound, who would have thought! Regardless, he sent it in for $75 service, was content with the charge, and missed his Dyson every day it was gone.

EDIT: Also a little upset the accessories and HEPA filters are not interchangeable among models. I would love to use the mini-turbine from the DC14 with the canister vac DC23 :-(

EDIT2: Overall, I am happy with the Dyson products. I'm not the type to make up justifications for an "overpriced, designer" vacuum. I wouldn't have paid $400-600/ea for these models, but the woot refurbs have been good to us. If I didn't believe in Woot|Dyson, I wouldn't have bought 4.

(I'm secretly hoping Dyson/Woot sends me a free Air Blade hand dryer in my next bag-o-goodness)

<BOYCOTT>Currently on Woot Boycott until Deal-A-Day site is restored to sanity</BOYCOTT>

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
23Jess wrote:How loud/quiet is this model?

Whaddaya happy owners think? Is this vacuum paper-walled-apartment-friendly? Shared-narrow-driveway chic?
Or does it observe a broom closet curfew?

For me it seems to be standard Vacuum noise, certainly not particularly quiet. Being and apartment person I usually try to only use it during "living" hours and not late at night.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
kellythompson wrote:If you own your place, and your floors, you might want to steer clear. Dysons will void many manufacturers warranties. Too aggressive of a beater bar and too much suction will cause the bundles to explode.

Prove it.