Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

If you're a baseball fan, you have no trouble identifying the cap emblems and jersey logos of Major League Baseball teams. But what about the team colors? Can you spot the subtle differences in the various shades of red and blue? Are you aware of the sometimes-esoteric third and fourth official colors of every team? I've used the "team color" info on Wikipedia, including the precise RGB codes, to put together these swatches for eight big-league teams. Can you name the teams that wear these colors?

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

StealthMonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StealthMonkey

I think I got zero right. I would _love_ to see this with NFL. I feel like I could ace that one.

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve

I only got the Mets and A's. The A's because it's obvious and the Mets because I know their two main colors are orange and blue. That's because they were the replacement team for the Giants (orange) and Dodgers (blue) when they headed west.

russ94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russ94

My guesses:

1. Rangers
2. Astros
3. Red Sox
4. Mets
5. Rays
6. A's
7. Mariners
8. Royals

Looks like I'm batting 0.625.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Got all but 1 and 8. 1 especially is humorous considering they often wear a color that isn't on the bar.

snidog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snidog

The ones I'm confident about:

4: Mets
6: A's
7: Mariners
8: Dodgers

I'm pretty sure #3 is the Angels.

Others are just guesses:

1: Cardinals
2: Astros
5: Blue Jays

motospyder

quality posts: 16 Private Messages motospyder

Isn't #6 the Packers?

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

It seems that half the MLB wears colors similar to 1 and 3. I guessed Nationals and Braves.

I only got Mets, Rays, A's, and Mariners right.

I still expect orange for the Astros. And well I have no idea why the Royals have baby blue as an official color.

wmk7479

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmk7479

6/8. I missed 1 & 3. Thought it was the Rangers and Phillies.

Fall down seven, stand up eight.

sachmet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sachmet

I could have swore #2 was Arizona - surprised to see the actual answer.

I only got the last 3.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme
elsupreme wrote:It seems that half the MLB wears colors similar to 1 and 3. I guessed Nationals and Braves.

I count 10 teams with "Red, White, Blue" in no particular order. If you start considering order, which is not clear there is any order in the Woot test you only get 4 with "Red, Blue, White".

"Red, Blue, White" colors in order:
Cardinals
Angels
Nationals
Red Sox

Other "Red, White, Blue" colors not in order:
Indians
Twins
Rangers
Braves
Phillies
Cubs

I am a little mad. I guessed Nationals for the Cardinals. And according to Wikipedia the only difference is "Cardinal Red" versus "Red".

shermbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shermbe

1 phillies
2 ????
3 braves
4 mets
5 brewers
6 A's
7 mariners
8 dodgers

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

elsupreme wrote:
I am a little mad. I guessed Nationals for the Cardinals. And according to Wikipedia the only difference is "Cardinal Red" versus "Red".

Always go with the St. Louis answer, it's most of the writers' former home.

Skeeter330

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skeeter330

Sorry, but your Mets colors are wrong. There is no black in their official colors listing. In fact, that corrupt clubhouse attendant that got fired last year is the one who snuck the "Black for Black's sake" uniform elements in. You will not see any black, be it on caps, sleeves, socks, number shading, etc. at all.

Reference: www.uni-watch.com Do a search for Mets or BFBS.

russ94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russ94

Yep. Black shouldn't be on a couple of these squares. In Tampa's square it should be white, not black. Also, black is not a color for the Mariners.

Skeeter330

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skeeter330
Skeeter330 wrote:Sorry, but your Mets colors are wrong. There is no black in their official colors listing. In fact, that corrupt clubhouse attendant that got fired last year is the one who snuck the "Black for Black's sake" uniform elements in. You will not see any black, be it on caps, sleeves, socks, number shading, etc. at all.

Reference: www.uni-watch.com Do a search for Mets or BFBS.

UPDATE: This site is the perfect reference if you guys want to do something like this again....

http://www.sportslogos.net/