WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot's Randall Cleveland recently sat down with bestselling author A.J. Jacobs ("The Year of Living Biblically") to talk about his new book, "Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection."

Not shown here: A.J. expounding on proper defecation technique! For that exchange and more, see the Woot blog this week, where we'll have A.J.'s entire conversation with Randall.

UPDATE: The complete interview is on our blog here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hmmmmm, can I expense a Treadmill Desk?

Knowing how I procrastinate though, it might be better if I got one that includes the treadmill.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

An awesome interview, Mr. Randall! I would share a worry with you but I think our worry is the same- that Woot! will not provide you with an HD-PVR so that you may do video game reviews -_-

TT, that would be cool! I'm a snack junkie and when I worked as a document scanner for a medical company, I would store food in many of our cabinets like a hungry squirrel. As a matter of fact, one of my co-workers once walked over and asked if I had any peanut butter. My reply was, "Is it weirder that you asked me that or that I actually do have some?" Anyway, my point is I liked to snack all day but also had to sit the whole time and would have loved to have had a treadmill desk. Woot! should totally get you guys some. :D

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

apoor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages apoor

I built my own treadmill desk a bit more than a year ago. (http://www.ecnmag.com/articles/2011/02/hacking-hardware-health-walking-desk) I use it every day, and typically log 5 to 10 miles a day. It cost me less than $100 and I built it in an afternoon. If you're in a corporate environmnent (like Woot!) the major office furniture manufacturers like Steelcase make treadmill desks that are suitable for the workplace.

And remember that just standing up gives you about half the benefit, so replace your desk with a standing desk and you'll be better off.

zach0731

quality posts: 81 Private Messages zach0731

Staff

Now I have something to spend my Audible credit this month on. His new book sounds interesting and maybe easier than The 4 Hour Body.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Now I have to mesh that voice with Randall Cleveland.
Not what I thought he sounded like.

Did A.J. Jacobs get his voice back for the book tour?

Does anyone want to worry about us sitting here watching the video?

Can I exchange worry about sitting with someone who need to worry about getting shin splints from working at a treadmill all day?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
zach0731 wrote:Now I have something to spend my Audible credit this month on. His new book sounds interesting and maybe easier than The 4 Hour Body.

His book is really great; he writes in a very approachable and relatable voice that I find immensely entertaining. It's more of an exploration of all the stuff that can kill us and the people willing to make a buck trying to fix it for you, not really a self-help book like 4 Hour Body.

Still, I learned a lot reading it, including some easy changes you can make to get healthier (stop sitting!).

llandar

dontwantaname wrote:Now I have to mesh that voice with Randall Cleveland.
Not what I thought he sounded like.

Me either. I hate the sound of my own voice.

abitterwoman

llandar wrote:Me either. I hate the sound of my own voice.

You don't sound bad at all..although I think some of us were hoping Woot!'s Cleveland would sound a little like this Cleveland. Or maybe it was just me.

llandar

abitterwoman wrote:You don't sound bad at all..although I think some of us were hoping Woot!'s Cleveland would sound a little like this Cleveland. Or maybe it was just me.

I like you more and more with each passing day.

abitterwoman

llandar wrote:I like you more and more with each passing day.

The feeling is mutual, my new found friend :D Which is good, seeing as how we are going to E3 together someday and it would be very uncomfortable and awkward if we hated each other.

mmbrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmbrennan

Nice red shirt, I wish he'd get beamed down to a planet.....

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

Check out the complete and (almost) unedited conversation here!

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

Before I read who was being interviewed, the small picture on the front page looked like they were talking with Mr. Bean.