inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Jessara wrote:Hmmm...have you looked at using liquid laundry starch as a temporary decoupage adhesive? It will hold ANYTHING, and best of all when you take it off- just wipe the surface with a damp sponge. In my rental days I used to put printed bedsheets up instead of wallpaper, so I could avoid any damage.

That's a really neat idea.

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
inkycatz wrote:That's a really neat idea.

You can also mix laundry starch with water, if you don't have the already liquid variety. Google cloth wall hangings or some such, it's pretty common once you know about it. I wanted to get some pretty fabric and 'wallpaper' the bedroom, but pretty fabric in that quantity is quite expensive. If you want temporary characters for a kids room where their favorites change every year, it's a great way to go.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Played golf on Sunday; seriously strained my back. Please excuse any near-term grumpiness.

I hurt pretty good.

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:Played golf on Sunday; seriously strained my back. Please excuse any near-term grumpiness.

I hurt pretty good.

Feel better soon!

AZGman

inkycatz wrote:Feel better soon!

Thanks!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Played golf on Sunday; seriously strained my back. Please excuse any near-term grumpiness.

I hurt pretty good.

Sorry to hear that. Can you work?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Sorry to hear that. Can you work?

Worked today, but it's difficult find a seated position that's comfortable for more than 15-20 minutes - a lot of getting up and tentative stretching.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Worked today, but it's difficult find a seated position that's comfortable for more than 15-20 minutes - a lot of getting up and tentative stretching.

Taking Aleve? Naproxyn or naprosyn?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Taking Aleve? Naproxyn or naprosyn?

Some Aleve; gotta be careful though because of the other meds I'm taking - particularly my blood-thinner.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Some Aleve; gotta be careful though because of the other meds I'm taking - particularly my blood-thinner.

Yep. When my back went out, my doc said ibuprofen. When I asked why not the other stuff, he just said it's safer.

pooflady

Card club tonight. Later.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Card club tonight. Later.

enjoy!

KtCallista

I hurt pretty good.

Ouch, sorry to hear this. I hope things get sorted out very soon.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Sorry AZ! Back pain is hard to deal with. Hope it gets better soon.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I hurt pretty good.

Ouch, hope it feels better soon.

Your allowable grump factor has been increased.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Ouch, hope it feels better soon.

Your allowable grump factor has been increased.

So is the mod button for that a sliding bar or is it a plus button you just push a few times?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:So is the mod button for that a sliding bar or is it a plus button you just push a few times?

sliding

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

I hurt pretty good.

Hit the
little ball

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I hurt pretty good.

Props for getting out and exercising. Perhaps moderation... Heh.

Good luck. Does laying on a hard floor help? Almost always helps me.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:sliding

not too taxing then ;)

yum Orc brought home chinese take-out from the really good place that we don't usually go to because it's a whole 10 miles away. Now that he works 8 miles away it's not so bad for him to stop on his way home.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Griping to follow:

Reading the following grip is not required and I don't want to hear gripes about my griping.

Off to the doctor tomorrow, so he can tell me to stay off my knee.

Hubbies new med already stopped working. So odds of his hernia operation happening are now 50/50.

If it doesn't happen, that will be what he spends Aug doing. Going for the same two operations he was suppose to have this month. July is "busy" at work.

So, no vacation this year.

Plus he is looking into selling our Pink Floyd tickets. (busy at work, may not feel good....)That was the only thing we had planned so far this summer.
I wonder if he will change his mind when I remind him that is the day of his brothers party.

Frigging Yankee Stadium. No good way to get there. Especially concerts that have even more people than a game, because they sit on the field too.
parking is only in garages. They are expensive and you have to wait to get the car back, plus traffic....
Train...have to drive to manhattan to get it and then it is packed coming home

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Griping to follow:

Reading the following grip is not required and I don't want to hear gripes about my griping.

Off to the doctor tomorrow, so he can tell me to stay off my knee.

Hubbies new med already stopped working. So odds of his hernia operation happening are now 50/50.

If it doesn't happen, that will be what he spends Aug doing. Going for the same two operations he was suppose to have this month. July is "busy" at work.

So, no vacation this year.

Plus he is looking into selling our Pink Floyd tickets. (busy at work, may not feel good....)That was the only thing we had planned so far this summer.
I wonder if he will change his mind when I remind him that is the day of his brothers party.

Frigging Yankee Stadium. No good way to get there. Especially concerts that have even more people than a game, because they sit on the field too.
parking is only in garages. They are expensive and you have to wait to get the car back, plus traffic....
Train...have to drive to manhattan to get it and then it is packed coming home

So do you want to go to the concert, or don't you? Or are you just complaining about parking because there has yet to be invented a system for getting people from their homes to one point and back again that isn't in some way infuriating?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:So do you want to go to the concert, or don't you? Or are you just complaining about parking because there has yet to be invented a system for getting people from their homes to one point and back again that isn't in some way infuriating?

I bought the tickets!
Unless the doctor says I should n't walk, I want to go.
Car or subway, there will be a lot of walking.

Why couldn't they play Madison Square Garden? That is easy.

//end of gripe //

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I bought the tickets!
Unless the doctor says I should n't walk, I want to go.
Car or subway, there will be a lot of walking.

Why couldn't they play Madison Square Garden? That is easy.

//end of gripe //

If hubby doesn't want to go, can't you take someone else? Son? Relative? Rusty? Not likely you'd get mugged because they'll all be old farts there.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:If hubby doesn't want to go, can't you take someone else? Son? Relative? Rusty?

Son wants to go with girlfriend. He has tickets too, but wants ours because now he has a job and doesn't want to go on friday. Girlfriend has school in CT and can't come friday.

I'm also mad at the dog park people...well one person.

I found a place that lets you bring dogs.
It didn't sound right. It is a bird preserve. But the people at the gate said it was ok.
On leash, of course.

I posted that on the dog park facebook page.

Someone from the dog park actually knew the director of the preserve and asked him.
Of course dogs aren't allowed. It is a bird preserve and it is owned by Nassau county, the most dog unfriendly place on the earth.
Now the people at the gate know that.
Heck it is only open 10 hours a week.
Well every day for a few weeks in the summer. But now that is over too.

I should just drive down and visit Gman.
We can be crabby together.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Someone needs to tell Sally Field that when you are in your 60's, you shouldn't be showing any cleavage.
Nothing shocking, but it is oddly old looking.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//end of grump rant

again

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I hurt pretty good.

I hope it feels better soon.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Today is the beginning of the once a year yard sale at the church across the street from us. Hubby is excited. They have been setting up all week. It doesn't open until 8 but people start showing up at 7. We will be in the 7 o'clock crowd.

AZ hope today is better. I went to a chiropractor when I hurt my back. After she got me all back in place she did some magic massage thing. It helped a lot.

inkycatz

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Today is the beginning of the once a year yard sale at the church across the street from us. Hubby is excited. They have been setting up all week. It doesn't open until 8 but people start showing up at 7. We will be in the 7 o'clock crowd.

AZ hope today is better. I went to a chiropractor when I hurt my back. After she got me all back in place she did some magic massage thing. It helped a lot.

The yard sale sounds like fun. In my neighborhood, once a year we have a huge yard sale in which you can find pretty much everyone who needs to sell something selling something, as well as a community location (for apartment folks that need space to sell but have no lawn, as it were). Also on that day there tend to be rummage sales at the local churches. It's a big deal around here.

I didn't go this year because I'm trying to pare down on "extra" things.

Never been to a chiropractor, but I hear good things about them.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Sorry for the back sprain or soreness AG, Sorry to you too DName for the knee. My right knee has a bad arthritic (I hope - self diagnosis here) pain. I am going out to Seattle in a week for a month - you two can come to Florida, use my pool, sun yourselves on the lanai, walk the beach if body permits, visit dog park down the road and do all of the old fogey stuff. You will be SO GLAD to be back on normal age turf, I bet. Good for me, I belong here. Will not be able to do much walking out where daughter lives because there are hills every single place you would want to go.

inkycatz

klozitshoper wrote: Will not be able to do much walking out where daughter lives because there are hills every single place you would want to go.

Fortunately, busses! July is a perfect time to visit - what sort of plans do you have?

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
inkycatz wrote:Fortunately, busses! July is a perfect time to visit - what sort of plans do you have?

PM for you

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Sorry for the back sprain or soreness AG, Sorry to you too DName for the knee. My right knee has a bad arthritic (I hope - self diagnosis here) pain. I am going out to Seattle in a week for a month - you two can come to Florida, use my pool, sun yourselves on the lanai, walk the beach if body permits, visit dog park down the road and do all of the old fogey stuff. You will be SO GLAD to be back on normal age turf, I bet. Good for me, I belong here. Will not be able to do much walking out where daughter lives because there are hills every single place you would want to go.

Aww just going to miss you, we are going out in August. I'm a little worried about the heat actually.

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Sorry for the back sprain or soreness AG, Sorry to you too DName for the knee. My right knee has a bad arthritic (I hope - self diagnosis here) pain. I am going out to Seattle in a week for a month - you two can come to Florida, use my pool, sun yourselves on the lanai, walk the beach if body permits, visit dog park down the road and do all of the old fogey stuff. You will be SO GLAD to be back on normal age turf, I bet. Good for me, I belong here. Will not be able to do much walking out where daughter lives because there are hills every single place you would want to go.

You're taking us with you, aren't you? You'll be helping with s-i-l?

inkycatz

pooflady wrote:You're taking us with you, aren't you? You'll be helping with s-i-l?

Everyone come visit!

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:Everyone come visit!

Inky, we need to book a hotel still and we are bringing an extra kid, but don't want to break the bank on this. Would it be best to ask deals or local for their recommendations? A local (here) friend suggested staying down where we were last year, by Seattle Center and taking the Monorail in for the con. Is that a bad idea? He also suggested busing in from the airport to get a less expensive hotel option.