pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cinderella1 wrote:just curious, is anyone else at work, bored and wasting time till quiting time like i am?

Evidently not. I'm sort of working here, but also have a couple granddaughters here and a neighbor girl playing with Bendaroos from WOOT. Yay, Woot.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
cinderella1 wrote:just curious, is anyone else at work, bored and wasting time till quiting time like i am?

More likely to find those people on weekdays (yes there are some), not as many as we used to have. For some reason woot is one of the sites blocked at many corporate overlord locations. I'm supposed to work from home today... if that helps.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Making chicken tetrazzini and discovered I have no spaghetti. I ALWAYS have spaghetti. Anyway, we'll see how it is with noodles.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Making chicken tetrazzini and discovered I have no spaghetti. I ALWAYS have spaghetti. Anyway, we'll see how it is with noodles.

I'm sure it will be alright, just different.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'm sure it will be alright, just different.

Jeez, then I got to the part about the chicken. Forgot to take it out of the freezer. Fast microwave job. Since it's in sauce, probably won't matter too much. I'm not telling anybody.

pooflady

Starting to wonder about D'name. She should be home with hubby today and with nothing much to do. Which means she should be here.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Evenin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

I'm pooped; see y'all later.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Howdy all. The weather here is prepping me for my WA trip. It has been dreary with downpours for days.

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1
pooflady wrote:Evidently not. I'm sort of working here, but also have a couple granddaughters here and a neighbor girl playing with Bendaroos from WOOT. Yay, Woot.

thanks pooflady! i have not been hanging out on woot for a while, used to be posting quite a bit. i was sooooo bored today, i appreciate the response!
i am glad to be home, finally, and having my martini///1

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

cinderella1

KtCallista wrote:More likely to find those people on weekdays (yes there are some), not as many as we used to have. For some reason woot is one of the sites blocked at many corporate overlord locations. I'm supposed to work from home today... if that helps.

Hey KtCallista! I used to be on woot all the time, and i loved you all! I went thru some crap, lost my job (got another one much better!!!) had to move, you know how it goes. anyway, glad to be back, missed yo0u all! and thanks for taking the time to reply!

You crack me up.

cinderella1

pooflady wrote:Jeez, then I got to the part about the chicken. Forgot to take it out of the freezer. Fast microwave job. Since it's in sauce, probably won't matter too much. I'm not telling anybody.

ha! it will be great anyway.

You crack me up.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I'm sure it will be alright, just different.

The weird thing is, the pasta is all the same dough. Yet different shapes taste different.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Anesthesia can dehydrate you especially if they don't give you fluids intravenously.

Thank you.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:She hasn't been here much today. Do you think she's being Nurse D'name?

I may be the worst human caretaker ever.

I'm ok with babies and animals, but not people.

If he sends me out to buy something else or ask me to climb those stairs again , I might kill him.

I bet I can hand raise some baby animal with no problem.
Old people? Kill em.
Sick adults? Nope.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

WELCOME NEW PERSON, WHO ISN'T COMPLETELY NEW!!!

Please come back often!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See!

He just called on the phone to tell me he wants me to go to the drug store AGAIN
This would be the 5th time in two days.

I told him no.

He is thinking he wants to go for the heart operation the next slow time at work.
That would have all the same pee and poo trouble.

He wants me to buy a backup poop remedy for the two I bought him already!

Even the dog didn't poo until 8 pm.

This is too much pee and poo talk, even for me!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I'm pooped; see y'all later.

At least you pooped.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Howdy all. The weather here is prepping me for my WA trip. It has been dreary with downpours for days.

We had a few cool thunder and lighting storms yesterday and last night.
Nice today.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

cinderella1

dontwantaname wrote:WELCOME NEW PERSON, WHO ISN'T COMPLETELY NEW!!!

Please come back often!

HI, I MISSed you! You are like the rock star of woot! I am so glad to be back, and all you that have been commenting about your family issues, I am praying for you.

You crack me up.

cinderella1

dontwantaname wrote:I may be the worst human caretaker ever.

I'm ok with babies and animals, but not people.

If he sends me out to buy something else or ask me to climb those stairs again , I might kill him.

I bet I can hand raise some baby animal with no problem.
Old people? Kill em.
Sick adults? Nope.

ok, gotta say, this made me laugh

You crack me up.

KtCallista

cinderella1 wrote:Hey KtCallista! I used to be on woot all the time, and i loved you all! I went thru some crap, lost my job (got another one much better!!!) had to move, you know how it goes. anyway, glad to be back, missed yo0u all! and thanks for taking the time to reply!

I always reply when I can!

I wandered off to go do touch-up painting on the new LEGO/block/trains room that we are turning the old junk room into. We put blue paint on the walls and ceiling and trimmed the windows and door in white. The room looked like shite, now it looks like shite with a fresh coat of paint

Then I decided I'd bought a lemon to make lemon cookies, and gosh darn it, I was going to make lemon cookies, so I made lemon cookies and Orc says they smell really good and I should eat one - you know for testing reasons. So now I have peanut butter chocolate chip, M&M, and lemon cookies. I want to make little cookie boxes for each person we stay with on our trip. What to make next?

cinderella1

KtCallista wrote:I always reply when I can!

I wandered off to go do touch-up painting on the new LEGO/block/trains room that we are turning the old junk room into. We put blue paint on the walls and ceiling and trimmed the windows and door in white. The room looked like shite, now it looks like shite with a fresh coat of paint

Then I decided I'd bought a lemon to make lemon cookies, and gosh darn it, I was going to make lemon cookies, so I made lemon cookies and Orc says they smell really good and I should eat one - you know for testing reasons. So now I have peanut butter chocolate chip, M&M, and lemon cookies. I want to make little cookie boxes for each person we stay with on our trip. What to make next?

hmmmmm, i'm thinking a rockstar oatmeat, raisin, cinnimun, ( i know i spelled it wrong) cranberry cookie would be great

You crack me up.

cinderella1

cinderella1 wrote:hmmmmm, i'm thinking a rockstar oatmeat, raisin, cinnimun, ( i know i spelled it wrong) cranberry cookie would be great

and by the way, great job on the paint. that takes so much effort that if you even changed the look of your room, you did good!

You crack me up.

KtCallista

cinderella1 wrote:hmmmmm, i'm thinking a rockstar oatmeat, raisin, cinnimun, ( i know i spelled it wrong) cranberry cookie would be great

I don't think I'd ruin a wonderful cookie like oatmeal by sticking raisins in it, but cranberries wouldn't be too bad, hmmm. I really need to get the grocery stores recipe for their cowboy cookies, those are addictive.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cinderella1 wrote:ok, gotta say, this made me laugh

Thank you!

This illness is nothing that should turn out serious.

Although any pessimist knows anything can turn serious.
But this should be over in a week or two.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I don't think I'd ruin a wonderful cookie like oatmeal by sticking raisins in it, but cranberries wouldn't be too bad, hmmm. I really need to get the grocery stores recipe for their cowboy cookies, those are addictive.

There is nothing wrong with raisins.

Why so many raisin hatters in the world?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
pooflady wrote:I might have to take you up on that. The guy at the library recommended Gutenburg Project, but just looked at that and it's kind of confusing. Although he did say it's a lot of old stuff. Everything no longer copyrighted.

The Gutenburg Project is awesome. Basically any book that is now public domain and recognizable they have compiled a digital copy put together by lots of volunteers (you'll find a few typos occasionally). I don't know how the project releases e-book formats, but most of them are already on amazon so just find the book you want and download.

Around the world in 80 days
The Three Musketeers
(there are hundreds)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Orcrist42 wrote:The Gutenburg Project is awesome. Basically any book that is now public domain and recognizable they have compiled a digital copy put together by lots of volunteers (you'll find a few typos occasionally). I don't know how the project releases e-book formats, but most of them are already on amazon so just find the book you want and download.

Around the world in 80 days
The Three Musketeers
(there are hundreds)

Exactly why don't you come around anymore?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Orcrist42

dontwantaname wrote:There is nothing wrong with raisins.

Raisins in cookies are just chocolate chip cookies gone wrong. It's like they are mocking you. You think it's chocolate until you eat it an realize you have been tricked, it only looks like the correct cookie.

I do love a good craisin and white chocolate combination though.

Orcrist42

dontwantaname wrote:Exactly why don't you come around anymore?

Because life is far too busy. I don't get around hardly anywhere at the moment. You can see if I am still alive by checking FB though.

KtCallista

Orcrist42 wrote:Because life is far too busy. I don't get around hardly anywhere at the moment. You can see if I am still alive by checking FB though.

Because you count on me to tell you what's happening on woot, and then just go, "Oh, Ok". Yeah we're busy, but you can come say hi to our friends

Raisins are fine, in their place. I happen to adore oatmeal cookies, but raisins just really don't help them. I don't know, I've never liked them with raisins in. Cowboy cookies are the only cookie i can think of that I like with raisins.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Orcrist42 wrote:Because life is far too busy. I don't get around hardly anywhere at the moment. You can see if I am still alive by checking FB though.

Yeah

Sure

Because FB is faster than checking here

Yep

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
cinderella1 wrote:Hey KtCallista! I used to be on woot all the time, and i loved you all! I went thru some crap, lost my job (got another one much better!!!) had to move, you know how it goes. anyway, glad to be back, missed yo0u all! and thanks for taking the time to reply!

Welcome back and post often!

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:There is nothing wrong with raisins.

I <3 rasins in my oatmeal cookies, of course I can't eat them any more.

Iceback

The baby shower thing turned out to more fun than I thought it would be. I got to hang out with a bunch of people I really had no business socializing with. Lawyers, doctors, judges, politicos, even a former C.I.A station chief ( didn't have the nerve to ask where).
They were all very nice but not the types I am most comfortable with.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:The baby shower thing turned out to more fun than I thought it would be. I got to hang out with a bunch of people I really had no business socializing with. Lawyers, doctors, judges, politicos, even a former C.I.A station chief ( didn't have the nerve to ask where).
They were all very nice but not the types I am most comfortable with.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Some more powerful people are just nice and some are totally full of themselves.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Glad you enjoyed it.
Some more powerful people are just nice and some are totally full of themselves.

I think some people are just like that, power isn't a determinant, no matter how much they may think it is.

I'm glad you had a good time Ice, I hope you had some fun conversations.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

All done

See ya tomorrow

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:All done

See ya tomorrow

Goodnight dname, good luck taking care of dman