AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
KtCallista wrote:Same! Although I recognize enough of those words, I guess it might be safe to have my 7 year old come translate the conversation for me.

No questionable language up there!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

[quote postid="5049591" user="KtCallista"]I'm glad you're area is doing well. And you still have internet! Always a good thing. I really need to be productive. I'm googling sunscreans for Ver1, she's reacting to the brand we used last year, I guess they changed their formula and added an inactive that she's having a bad reaction to. It's not a food though, so they don't have to list things like milk and eggs.

My husband used to be sensitive to all sorts of lotions and things. He usually purchased sunscreen for babies with a designation of hypoallergenic of course. I have been out of the loop somewhat - where are you going that will afford you lots of sun? Of course just riding in a car with the sun coming through the glass can cause a nasty burn.

Latest announcement - sewer system is failing . Not sure where the treatment facility is, but hopefully it does not pay my area a visit.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
AZGman wrote:No questionable language up there!

HI, there. How are you feeling? I feel as if I were coming down with a cold - hope it is only weather-related.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
klozitshoper wrote:[quote postid="5049591" user="KtCallista"]I'm glad you're area is doing well. And you still have internet! Always a good thing. I really need to be productive. I'm googling sunscreans for Ver1, she's reacting to the brand we used last year, I guess they changed their formula and added an inactive that she's having a bad reaction to. It's not a food though, so they don't have to list things like milk and eggs.

My husband used to be sensitive to all sorts of lotions and things. He usually purchased sunscreen for babies with a designation of hypoallergenic of course. I have been out of the loop somewhat - where are you going that will afford you lots of sun? Of course just riding in a car with the sun coming through the glass can cause a nasty burn.

Latest announcement - sewer system is failing . Not sure where the treatment facility is, but hopefully it does not pay my area a visit.

eww, sewage floods are no good.

We are heading to the corn belt, where all the trees have been removed to extend fields. It's like a dust storm nightmare in the making, every year we go there are less and less trees. We are also going to spend the night in the Badlands,and that just doesn't have trees, but that's not related to megafarm agricultural practices. It's in the mid 60s here, by the weekend we will be where it's pushing 100.... oh and everyone wants to do stuff outside, of course.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:No questionable language up there!

Thanks, it didn't look bad. I know many of the naughty words, thanks to a fluent speaking co-worker and local kids who thought they could say whatever they wanted because Spanish is totally a secret language that no one else speaks. Want to insult someone's manhood, I've got all kinds of phrases you can use, want to ask directions, all out of luck!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:eww, sewage floods are no good.

We are heading to the corn belt, where all the trees have been removed to extend fields. It's like a dust storm nightmare in the making, every year we go there are less and less trees. We are also going to spend the night in the Badlands,and that just doesn't have trees, but that's not related to megafarm agricultural practices. It's in the mid 60s here, by the weekend we will be where it's pushing 100.... oh and everyone wants to do stuff outside, of course.

fun!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

PemberDucky wrote:fun!

If you say so...

Sun is evil.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:If you say so...

Sun is evil.

I used to think maybe you loved me
Now baby I'm sure
And I just can't wait 'till the day
When you knock on the door
Now every time I go for the mailbox
Gotta hold myself down
'Cause I just can't wait
'till you write me you're comin' around

(chorus)
I'm walkin' on sunshine, woh-oh
And don't it feel good?
Hey, all right now
And don't it feel good?
Hey, yeah

Now I know that it's true
And I don't wanna spend my whole life
Just a waitin' for you
And I don't want you back for the weekend
Not back for a day
I said baby I just want you back
And I want you to stay, oh yeah

(chorus)

Walkin' on sunshine
Walkin' on sunshine

I feel alive
I feel the love
I feel the love
That's really real
I feel alive
I feel the love
I feel the love
That's really real

I'm on sunshine baby oh, oh yeah
I'm on sunshine baby oh

(chorus)

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
KtCallista wrote:I'm taking my laptop, but if the last trip is any indicator, there won't be much in the way of internet...
..... Then throw the jammies back in their bag, put the used clothes in the bag the new clothes came out of and move it to the end of the row in the "stays in car" suitcase. At least it sounds like a good idea!

You might like my favorite travelling tip: pack all the oldest, rattiest underwear- and throw it away at the end of each day. You will have to buy new ones before school starts anyway. I personally put the 'used, needs washing' clothes into plastic garbage bags and put those into the suitcase until they can be laundered- it helps with the aroma issue, and you can never have too many plastic bags while travelling.

KtCallista

Jessara wrote:You might like my favorite travelling tip: pack all the oldest, rattiest underwear- and throw it away at the end of each day. You will have to buy new ones before school starts anyway. I personally put the 'used, needs washing' clothes into plastic garbage bags and put those into the suitcase until they can be laundered- it helps with the aroma issue, and you can never have too many plastic bags while travelling.

Interesting idea, unfortunately they got new underwear this spring. We only buy it when it's wearing out, and not necessarily in the fall. We are going to be doing laundry at least once on the trip, so we are packing with the plan to wear each outfit twice, less laundry when we get home. Besides we are night people and everyone else is morning people, so it gives us something to do in the evening when everyone goes to bed right after dinner. Or worse turn on the TV to some incomprehensible serial, where reality is so twisted that turning the set upside-down and pretending it's a show about bats that can't fly would make more sense .

KtCallista

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...
[ADDITIONAL VERSE]
Why am I smiling
And why do I sing?
Why does September
Seem sunny as spring?
Why do I get up
Each morning and start?
Happy and head up
With joy in my heart
Why is each new task
A trifle to do?
Because I am living
A life full of you.

ah, if only it'd be rainy, or at least overcast.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

no1 wrote:I used to think maybe you loved me
Now baby I'm sure
And I just can't wait 'till the day
When you knock on the door
Now every time I go for the mailbox
Gotta hold myself down
'Cause I just can't wait
'till you write me you're comin' around

(chorus)
And don't it feel good?
Hey, all right now
And don't it feel good?
Hey, yeah

Now I know that it's true
And I don't wanna spend my whole life
Just a waitin' for you
And I don't want you back for the weekend
Not back for a day
I said baby I just want you back
And I want you to stay, oh yeah

(chorus)

Walkin' on sunshine
Walkin' on sunshine

I feel alive
I feel the love
I feel the love
That's really real
I feel alive
I feel the love
I feel the love
That's really real

I'm on sunshine baby oh, oh yeah
I'm on sunshine baby oh

(chorus)

I WAS gonna post a YouTube video of Jack Black dancing to this song in the film "High Fidelity" but I just realized it's riddled with profanity and is MAJOR NSFW

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

Hi all! Finally home, tucked in safe for the night. Hope you all had a great day. I just had an awesome grilled ribeye for dinner!!mmmmmmmmm

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

KtCallista

cinderella1 wrote:Hi all! Finally home, tucked in safe for the night. Hope you all had a great day. I just had an awesome grilled ribeye for dinner!!mmmmmmmmm

Were you the one in the path of the storm after Klozit? I hope you stay dry too!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. Nothing exciting here. Had our first 100°+ day today (104°). Mostly I don't notice it since I'm sleeping. Did get out to return one cable DVR today (we weren't using it enough).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

It has been a crazy busy day.
Oldsters in laws stuff- doctors groceries etc.
Trying to get stuff ready for trip- washing,packing booking limo to the airport etc.
Mrs. Ice is stressed and busy looking after work stuff 'cause she is her whole department right now as well as she has an interview this week for a promotion.

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:It has been a crazy busy day.
Oldsters in laws stuff- doctors groceries etc.
Trying to get stuff ready for trip- washing,packing booking limo to the airport etc.
Mrs. Ice is stressed and busy looking after work stuff 'cause she is her whole department right now as well as she has an interview this week for a promotion.

wow, you make my week of driving 1500 miles sound like a cake walk. Good luck with all that.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:wow, you make my week of driving 1500 miles sound like a cake walk. Good luck with all that.

Not really, I'd rather be doing this than what you have to do.
I haven't forgotten about the coins for the little ones.

Good morning all.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all! Hope everyone is doing well.

Been busy lately. Family drama and crazy work stuff has kept me pretty drained.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Kid, great to see you!

edit: Klosit, hope you are still OK. That is a lot of water!

kdccrosby

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Kid, great to see you!

edit: Klosit, hope you are still OK. That is a lot of water!

Hi Joyner!

ditto klozit - lot's of rain out your way. Hope you and yours are okay!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kdccrosby wrote:Hi Joyner!

ditto klozit - lot's of rain out your way. Hope you and yours are okay!

Good morning everyone!

I'm just hanging out, really.

kdccrosby

inkycatz wrote:Good morning everyone!

Hiya Inky!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Hey wootland.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. still alive and employed, at least for today. no guarantees on tomorrow though.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Not really, I'd rather be doing this than what you have to do.
I haven't forgotten about the coins for the little ones.

Good morning all.

Ice, you are a gem! I hope you have a wonderful time in Canada and snuggle that adorable grandbaby!

So I have to load the van, the traditional we are leaving town woot-off is on, and it's pouring rain. I guess it's good I mowed in the dark last night, but I didn't weed wack. I was hoping to do that this AM.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Turken wrote:Hey wootland.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. still alive and employed, at least for today. no guarantees on tomorrow though.

One day at a time! Good to see you checking in at least.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
inkycatz wrote:One day at a time! Good to see you checking in at least.

thanks. had the "pleasure" yesterday of experiencing a full-on panic attack (for the first time ever) in response to a stress trigger at work. holy cow, was that not fun. still physically and emotionally drained from the experience, and just trying to get through today without hitting that same trigger again (the damn project report from hell that just won't die!) but have a meeting with the boss tomorrow to work on said report. just hope I don't completely lose it then.

kdccrosby

Turken wrote:thanks. had the "pleasure" yesterday of experiencing a full-on panic attack (for the first time ever) in response to a stress trigger at work. holy cow, was that not fun. still physically and emotionally drained from the experience, and just trying to get through today without hitting that same trigger again (the damn project report from hell that just won't die!) but have a meeting with the boss tomorrow to work on said report. just hope I don't completely lose it then.

Yikes Turken! I feel your pain. I've had a co-workers project dumped on me because she chose the height of the project as the ideal time to have a non-emergency surgery.

Take deep breaths and good luck!

KtCallista

Turken wrote:thanks. had the "pleasure" yesterday of experiencing a full-on panic attack (for the first time ever) in response to a stress trigger at work. holy cow, was that not fun. still physically and emotionally drained from the experience, and just trying to get through today without hitting that same trigger again (the damn project report from hell that just won't die!) but have a meeting with the boss tomorrow to work on said report. just hope I don't completely lose it then.

I feel for ya, I stepped back since while I'm technically no longer employed, my boss can't meet for our end of employment hand over meeting until July, so I'll wrap up stuff after the trip and give it to him then. Best of luck.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good luck!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hi G'man - how are ya?

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

oh heck, I gotta get stuff done!

I hope you have a great one Gman!

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:Hi G'man - how are ya?

Hiya, k'bing!! Nice to see ya once't in a while!!!

AZGman

KtCallista wrote:oh heck, I gotta get stuff done!

I hope you have a great one Gman!

I'll settle for a fairly okay one, but thanks!

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:I'll settle for a fairly okay one, but thanks!

sometimes we takes what we can gets....

been busy - but I purposely pulled my woot up this morning so that I would post. I've missed you guys!

Edit: When I read that sentence it sounds dirty....

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote: sometimes we takes what we can gets....

been busy - but I purposely pulled my woot up this morning so that I would post. I've missed you guys!

So, pulling your woot up resulted in getting your woot off?

heh; that does sound dirty . . . or at least sticky!!!

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:Ice, you are a gem! I hope you have a wonderful time in Canada and snuggle that adorable grandbaby!

So I have to load the van, the traditional we are leaving town woot-off is on, and it's pouring rain. I guess it's good I mowed in the dark last night, but I didn't weed wack. I was hoping to do that this AM.

Have a safe journey and enjoy the family time.

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote: sometimes we takes what we can gets....

Say it again...s-l-o-w-l-y

Good to to have you back Kid!