inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:fil passed yesterday afternoon. I just found out.

Sorry to hear.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:BFD; I've been getting crap all day!!

fil passed yesterday afternoon. I just found out.

oh, afternoon, I suppose,

Sorry Az. And sorry about your day too.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Going to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Never been there for dinner. Tried their breakfasts twice and didn't much care for them.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Going to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Never been there for dinner. Tried their breakfasts twice and didn't much care for them.

I hope their dinner is good. I think I went to one for dinner once, a long time ago. Don't really remember it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Going to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Never been there for dinner. Tried their breakfasts twice and didn't much care for them.

Chicken Fried Steak would be my recommendation.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

Scored the G+ Birthday crap, YAY!!!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Scored the G+ Birthday crap, YAY!!!

They went there? I checked most of the day.

Congratulations!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

Mad. I've been having a problem where my Kindle and laptop have been disconnected. Have called my provider five times now. Told them the last few times (advice from others) that it's the router that's the problem. If I turn it off for 10 seconds, turn it back on, it's okay. Tonight they told me to take the router to the nearest store and have them check it. Doesn't seem like I should be the one to have to do this.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Mad. I've been having a problem where my Kindle and laptop have been disconnected. Have called my provider five times now. Told them the last few times (advice from others) that it's the router that's the problem. If I turn it off for 10 seconds, turn it back on, it's okay. Tonight they told me to take the router to the nearest store and have them check it. Doesn't seem like I should be the one to have to do this.

I'm sorry. They aren't going to fix it though, it's not annoying them enough, only annoying you. That reminds me I was going to download the Laura Ingalls books for Ver1.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'm sorry. They aren't going to fix it though, it's not annoying them enough, only annoying you. That reminds me I was going to download the Laura Ingalls books for Ver1.

Since it's their equipment, shouldn't they either fix it or replace it? And this is my local phone company, but a big outfit like Verizon. They seem to be fighting for every customer they can get.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Sorry AZ!

This is a couple of miles north of us.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/bestoftv/2012/07/12/ac-the-shot-shark-eats-fish-on-line.cnn

CNN slowed it way down so you can see the shark. Pretty cool.

We jogged next to a bunch of dolphins yesterday. Maybe 6 or 8 of them. They were closer in to the shore than I had ever seen them. They looked like they were just out for a morning swim. Maybe they were jogging up to the Cherry Grove pier also!

edit: Will one of you smart people make my linky clickable? Thanks!

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
joyner wrote:This is a couple of miles north of us.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/bestoftv/2012/07/12/ac-the-shot-shark-eats-fish-on-line.cnn

Clickable Linky

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Sorry AZ!

This is a couple of miles north of us.

CNN slowed it way down so you can see the shark. Pretty cool.

We jogged next to a bunch of dolphins yesterday. Maybe 6 or 8 of them. They were closer in to the shore than I had ever seen them. They looked like they were just out for a morning swim. Maybe they were jogging up to the Cherry Grove pier also!

Done!

I saw that somewhere that the curses were left in. It was funny!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Mad. I've been having a problem where my Kindle and laptop have been disconnected. Have called my provider five times now. Told them the last few times (advice from others) that it's the router that's the problem. If I turn it off for 10 seconds, turn it back on, it's okay. Tonight they told me to take the router to the nearest store and have them check it. Doesn't seem like I should be the one to have to do this.

They'll do this to save a service call. They don't charge you for the equipment but they can charge you for the service call.

FORUM MODERATOR

joyner

Thanks smart people!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Since it's their equipment, shouldn't they either fix it or replace it? And this is my local phone company, but a big outfit like Verizon. They seem to be fighting for every customer they can get.

Should, yes. Want to, no.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LOL, my son's best childhood friend asked for pictures of the crap.
KtC and I have been talking about it on facebook.

He and my son were actually taking pictures of their daily crap and sending it to each other.

Yes. They are weird.
Even weirder is all their friends ask to see them. (The pictures...not the real thing)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning klozitshoper
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdccrosby
Good Morning jqubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning SnifferSir
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning holmes dog
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning Rain
Good Morning to everyone else

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all
Gman, sorry about f-i-l.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

Good morning everybody! It is going to rain any minute. The humidity is really high.

pooflady

Good morning. Wish it would rain here.

Now what? My wireless mouse won't move on my PC. Thank heavens I have a laptop to fall back on. Changed the batteries, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Good morning. Wish it would rain here.

Now what? My wireless mouse won't move on my PC. Thank heavens I have a laptop to fall back on. Changed the batteries, but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

Is there a tiny reset button on the receiver portion of the mouse to reestablish its connection?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Is there a tiny reset button on the receiver portion of the mouse to reestablish its connection?

The only button on the bottom is "off/on" and I tried that.

pooflady

Update. The wireless mouse works on my laptop.

Tried a different mouse (not wireless) on my PC by plugging it into a USB port and that didn't work. Would I have to do anything else besides plug it in? Kind of afraid to reboot.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Update. The wireless mouse works on my laptop.

Tried a different mouse (not wireless) on my PC by plugging it into a USB port and that didn't work. Would I have to do anything else besides plug it in? Kind of afraid to reboot.

Rebooting is probably your best bet.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
AZGman wrote:Rebooting is probably your best bet.

Agreed.

(and good morning everyone)

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

Okay. Rebooted with the wired mouse and that worked. So then switched the wireless back over and it works. Somehow in the middle of the night everything froze.

Anybody know, if I take the router to get it checked, do I need to take all the cords, too, or can I just unplug the router and take it?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi folks.

Stuck waiting for son's replacement phone. Have to sign for it.

But today it is icky out, so not as bad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Afternoon Rain. Thanks for the greeting.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Okay. Rebooted with the wired mouse and that worked. So then switched the wireless back over and it works. Somehow in the middle of the night everything froze.

Anybody know, if I take the router to get it checked, do I need to take all the cords, too, or can I just unplug the router and take it?

You probably don't need the cords, especially if you are going to the ISP. You may want the power cord, they can check it for fraying and if they don't have one, then you don't have to drive back. If you use a cable for the computer, they won't need that, unless you think it has a problem, then you can have them hook it up to the cable tester.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
pooflady wrote:

I would imagine the power cord would be useful. anything else should just be normal ethernet cables, they should have those.

KtCallista

dougall wrote:I would imagine the power cord would be useful. anything else should just be normal ethernet cables, they should have those.

If she's going to her ISP and it's an ISP supplied router they should have the power cables, but you are right, those are not universal like the PC power cord. If it were my bench I'd have all the power cords used by the common routers already plugged into my bench, but that's me and I don't do repair anymore.

pooflady

dougall wrote:I would imagine the power cord would be useful. anything else should just be normal ethernet cables, they should have those.

Are we talking the cord that runs from the router to the PC? Or the one that goes into the phone jack? Or the one that goes into an outlet?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Are we talking the cord that runs from the router to the PC? Or the one that goes into the phone jack? Or the one that goes into an outlet?

What happened to your teck kids? Did they grow up and move away?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

pooflady wrote:Are we talking the cord that runs from the router to the PC? Or the one that goes into the phone jack? Or the one that goes into an outlet?

n/m - called them, just the power cord.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:n/m - called them, just the power cord.

That's the one going to the outlet. Calling was a good idea (I hate calling, I'd rather ask the forum ) I hope it errors for them. Be really specific about all the problems you've had with it.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:That's the one going to the outlet. Calling was a good idea (I hate calling, I'd rather ask the forum ) I hope it errors for them. Be really specific about all the problems you've had with it.

I was specific with all five calls. They finally said take it in to have it checked. Called to make sure I had the right place and they said they don't check them, just switch them out.

And...are you ready...I got the new one installed all by myself! Well, except to one phone call to son about where it said I had to install phone filters on all the jacks in the house. He told me that had been done. Whew! We'll see if this takes care of the problem.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I was specific with all five calls. They finally said take it in to have it checked. Called to make sure I had the right place and they said they don't check them, just switch them out.

And...are you ready...I got the new one installed all by myself! Well, except to one phone call to son about where it said I had to install phone filters on all the jacks in the house. He told me that had been done. Whew! We'll see if this takes care of the problem.

You're here; that's a good sign! Didn't realize you had DSL; always thought you had cable access to the internet.

Afternoon, folks.