KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:And it seems like a good time to just say g'night - irrespective of the sun's position in the sky.

Sorry, I escaped to a shower only to come out in the middle of kid drama. Now I really need to get to the fabric store and then off to my cousin's daughter's birthday party.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Yay...my pm envelopes have returned!

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Somebody was looking out for me today. It started raining just as we left the house to pick up the grandkids. Still raining a half an hour later. Gave them a choice of waiting to see if the rain would stop (I knew it would) or going to see Ice Age instead of going to the festival. They ended up choosing Ice Age. (They had been to the festival Fri and Sat night so they didn't miss much.) Thoroughly enjoyed Ice Age.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Somebody was looking out for me today. It started raining just as we left the house to pick up the grandkids. Still raining a half an hour later. Gave them a choice of waiting to see if the rain would stop (I knew it would) or going to see Ice Age instead of going to the festival. They ended up choosing Ice Age. (They had been to the festival Fri and Sat night so they didn't miss much.) Thoroughly enjoyed Ice Age.

Rain?...I want rain....or an ice age

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Somebody was looking out for me today. It started raining just as we left the house to pick up the grandkids. Still raining a half an hour later. Gave them a choice of waiting to see if the rain would stop (I knew it would) or going to see Ice Age instead of going to the festival. They ended up choosing Ice Age. (They had been to the festival Fri and Sat night so they didn't miss much.) Thoroughly enjoyed Ice Age.

Lucky.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I found what might have been a lost cat in front of the restaurant tonight.

Hubby went as far as driving home and getting the crate. But he made it clear we couldn't keep it.

We made a phone call to the largest rescue around here (maybe the largest in the country).
They had a wait list to take a cat.

Hubby is allergic to most cats. Somehow not Scratchy, but he has long fur, not short.

The cat would have to have stayed in Rusty's crate in the garage until someone could take it in.

Rusty's crate is larger than the cages in the rescue. Big enough for a litter box and stuff.

In the end we fed the cat and left it. I hope it knows where it lives and went home. It is raining now.

I've done a tiny bit of research...it looks like there would have been a wait list to give the cat to a rescue if he didn't have a chip.

Definitely not ferrel.

I am a bad person. But it is true, hubby would have been allergic. But the cat liked me.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Rain?...I want rain....or an ice age

About a half an hour. Won't do anything for the brown grass, but might help the flowers.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is going to rain here enough to shut off the sprinkler system, but not enough to water the grass.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I found what might have been a lost cat in front of the restaurant tonight.

Hubby went as far as driving home and getting the crate. But he made it clear we couldn't keep it.

We made a phone call to the largest rescue around here (maybe the largest in the country).
They had a wait list to take a cat.

Hubby is allergic to most cats. Somehow not Scratchy, but he has long fur, not short.

The cat would have to have stayed in Rusty's crate in the garage until someone could take it in.

Rusty's crate is larger than the cages in the rescue. Big enough for a litter box and stuff.

In the end we fed the cat and left it. I hope it knows where it lives and went home. It is raining now.

I've done a tiny bit of research...it looks like there would have been a wait list to give the cat to a rescue if he didn't have a chip.

Definitely not ferrel.

I am a bad person. But it is true, hubby would have been allergic. But the cat liked me.

"It looks like I am the most tolerant of animals.
If we ever go on vacation, I guess I'll figure out who to volunteer with when I get home.
There are two places, in the same town. People like volunteering at both. Everyone who volunteer says the other place is bad, go to their place."

Posted by D'name, July 21, 2010

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:"It looks like I am the most tolerant of animals.
If we ever go on vacation, I guess I'll figure out who to volunteer with when I get home.
There are two places, in the same town. People like volunteering at both. Everyone who volunteer says the other place is bad, go to their place."

Posted by D'name, July 21, 2010

Gee thanks

how to you have this stuff from years ago

This was a totally damned if I do and damned if I don't situation.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Gee thanks

how to you have this stuff from years ago

This was a totally damned if I do and damned if I don't situation.

No "damned" about it. Just go volunteer a couple days a week.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No "damned" about it. Just go volunteer a couple days a week.

I'm talking about the cat in the rain that may or may not be lost.

Besides we never did go on vacation yet.
Plus now we have a list of operations I have to wait for.

At least one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Just read where there's been a bunch of tornadoes in Poland. Ed needs to let us know he's okay.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Morning all. Another 90+ day coming up. I'm going to have to learn to enjoy fall, winter and spring more.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Morning all. Another 90+ day coming up. I'm going to have to learn to enjoy fall, winter and spring more.

I always liked fall the best. Not Hubby. He likes summer.

It is suppose to be hot. I went into the yard and it was ok.
Maybe I better get out with Rusty soon.

Ugh, the sprinkler is going off. That is wrong. Hope the water district guys don't pass by. Don't need a ticket

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Time to walk the doggie.
Going to the post office.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning y'all.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Good morning!

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Time to walk the doggie.
Going to the post office.

Ugh. Only 90 and sort of nice in the shade, but ick on walking.

Why does everyone here hate trees? Today is a good tree day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hi.

Did you get to go to the funeral or wake?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Hi.

Did you get to go to the funeral or wake?

Not sure when it is yet.

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada
pooflady wrote:Just read where there's been a bunch of tornadoes in Poland. Ed needs to let us know he's okay.

Hi, thanks for thinking about me Poof. We live a little North of central Poland, most of the tornado activity here happens in the mountains in the South. We have had some hellacious thunderstorms and high winds but no problems. We have been busy, busy, busy, things are finally slowing down a little.

My wife is done with school for the summer but as she is the principal, she needs to go to work a few hours a day.

We went a couple of weeks ago to an international choir festival in a Polish town on the Baltic Sea. There were about 25 choirs from Poland, Russia, the Ukraine, Moldavia and Korea among other places. My wife's choir won 3rd place, we were quite happy. The Moldavian choir won the top prize. I'll have to look and see where Moldavia is! The weather was terrible, cold, rain and wind but it was still nice to be on the sea, reminds me of home.

Our little Lab, Bella went to have a hysterectomy last Thursday, the next day she was running around, now she is completely normal and active. Funny, my wife took a couple of weeks to recover from hers and it was laproscopic unlike the dog! I guess dogs just don't feel what we do. Of course the dog was a little younger than my wife when she had the operation.

We have had a non-summer here, a few nice days and then rain, some cold, nice again, rinse and repeat. Send some of that hot weather here please. We are going to Tenerife in the Canary Islands in January for a week, it is never very cold there so that will be our summer holiday. Went to Grand Canaria for Christmas in '05 and it was in the 80s every day.

KT, I haven't forgot about you, now that things are a little more normal I should get your stuff soon.

AZ, sorry to hear about your ex FIL. Happy B'day Lynn. Greets to everyone.

Oh yeah, my 29 year old nephew is coming to visit in August, we will have a party for him, all PWs are invited too, 18 August at 6 p.m. Polish parties are quite good, at least ours are.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

edlada wrote:Hi, thanks for thinking about me Poof. We live a little North of central Poland, most of the tornado activity here happens in the mountains in the South. We have had some hellacious thunderstorms and high winds but no problems. We have been busy, busy, busy, things are finally slowing down a little.

My wife is done with school for the summer but as she is the principal, she needs to go to work a few hours a day.

We went a couple of weeks ago to an international choir festival in a Polish town on the Baltic Sea. There were about 25 choirs from Poland, Russia, the Ukraine, Moldavia and Korea among other places. My wife's choir won 3rd place, we were quite happy. The Moldavian choir won the top prize. I'll have to look and see where Moldavia is! The weather was terrible, cold, rain and wind but it was still nice to be on the sea, reminds me of home.

Our little Lab, Bella went to have a hysterectomy last Thursday, the next day she was running around, now she is completely normal and active. Funny, my wife took a couple of weeks to recover from hers and it was laproscopic unlike the dog! I guess dogs just don't feel what we do. Of course the dog was a little younger than my wife when she had the operation.

We have had a non-summer here, a few nice days and then rain, some cold, nice again, rinse and repeat. Send some of that hot weather here please. We are going to Tenerife in the Canary Islands in January for a week, it is never very cold there so that will be our summer holiday. Went to Grand Canaria for Christmas in '05 and it was in the 80s every day.

KT, I haven't forgot about you, now that things are a little more normal I should get your stuff soon.

AZ, sorry to hear about your ex FIL. Happy B'day Lynn. Greets to everyone.

Oh yeah, my 29 year old nephew is coming to visit in August, we will have a party for him, all PWs are invited too, 18 August at 6 p.m. Polish parties are quite good, at least ours are.

You should have been here the last two weeks. The World Choir Games were here. All kinds of choirs from all over the world. The 2014 games will be in Riga. You should make plans now. Felt sorry for them, though, temps in the hundreds some of the days.

edlada

pooflady wrote:You should have been here the last two weeks. The World Choir Games were here. All kinds of choirs from all over the world. The 2014 games will be in Riga. You should make plans now. Felt sorry for them, though, temps in the hundreds some of the days.

It would be great to go to the US with my wife's choir, do you know anybody that would like to buy 35 coach class airline tickets for us? I guess Riga is a little closer. We will be going to Spain, near Barcelona for a choir festival next May. Thank goodness for Easy Jet, cheap air fare! We were talking to the folks from Korea at the festival, they invited us to a choir festival there next year. Again, money is a little problem. Besides, Polish food is a little bland, I'm not sure what Korean food would do to their digestive systems. I spent 2 1/2 years in Korea and I do miss the pleasure/pain of the hot food. I was in Warsaw this winter and ate at a Korean restaurant, it hurt so good!

Iceback

Ed, glad everything is ok.

Just about caught up on my travel laundry and the front lawn is mowed. It's about 97 out so the back can wait. The question is, do I finish laundry or do I have a nap?

I'm thinking nap.

edlada

Iceback wrote:Ed, glad everything is ok.

Just about caught up on my travel laundry and the front lawn is mowed. It's about 97 out so the back can wait. The question is, do I finish laundry or do I have a nap?

I'm thinking nap.

Hi Ice, thanks. I recommend the nap. I spent the afternoon prying up concrete pavers, about 18" hexagons 6" thick. There was a small parking area (800 sq feet) behind my wife's school and they want to turn it into a small playground. The pavers were just set in sand but for many years. Pry, move, pry, move. I came home and took a nap. Much better, but a little sore.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Iceback wrote:I'm thinking nap.

Two votes here for nap, if you count the cat.

I'm just hanging out, really.

AZGman

inkycatz wrote:Two votes here for nap, if you count the cat.

I can haz catnap?

edlada

Bedtime for this Bonzo. G'nite all.

AZGman

edlada wrote:Bedtime for this Bonzo. G'nite all.

G'nite, ed.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:G'nite, ed.

How many time zones ahead is europe?

How many time zones does europe have?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Ed, glad everything is ok.

I'm thinking nap.

Definitely a nap. The laundry's not going anywhere.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

No worries Ed! I'm glad you are alright. We've actually been traveling so less mail wasn't so bad

Went through the "poster box" Orc and I have been hauling around since we got married. Outdoor Mulch For Gardening does that boy have a LOT of cat posters!!! I forgot how many he had. Going to try to find enough kid friendly interesting stuff to collage for the LEGO room. World map will take up most of one wall. We also have a box of video game posters somewhere, hmmmm...

Finally convinced him there was no way poster putty is going to work. Now I have to find some other non-damaging (although honestly a few pin holes would barely be noticeable even with the fresh coat of paint)... There is barely any texture to the wall so there are some concern that if I use a starch mixture removing with water will ruin the walls. Thoughts?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:How many time zones ahead is europe?

How many time zones does europe have?

This many; it's currently 10:45pm Monday (CEST)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:This many

Too small to see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Talking about food that's hot (Ed was, at least), I'm wondering about something. My periodontist insists I have to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash for 30 seconds twice a day. I haven't made it to 30 seconds yet. Husband and I are both alike, he can't do it either. Too hot. And neither of us can handle spicy food (zesty, southwest, buffalo, chipolte, tangy, chirozo, chimichurri). Was wondering if there was a correlation.