nymetsfan1226

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nymetsfan1226

Thank God the woot outage is over! I was getting worried that we wouldn't be able to complain about how long it was taking to get our crap.

I've crapped 6 times!

scorpshockey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scorpshockey

Well well. Quite the makeover, woot.

mrvoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrvoodoo
atippinfan78 wrote:The only reason I "asked" for something was because that last couple of woot offs I noticed some people asking for things, and then actually getting them.
I was like, What? Srsly?! You can't do that!

But hey, if it worked for them, then why not give it a shot?

I don't expect to get anything I ask for(though I wouldn't mind ;)) And I won't be disappointed with whatever useless crap I get. I tried for years before I ever got my first cherished Bouts of Consternation and I will continue to throw $8 away every chance I get, to be privileged enough to get a box full of things that I have no use for.

aww I ♥ woot!

Same! Add in the fact my little boy's 11th birthday is on the 8th, why not try and get him something he really, really wants? I don't expect it at all, and I enjoy the anticipation as much as finding out what is in the box. Our kids look forward to it also (well, we only had one other but they were ECSTATIC over that box), but as long as the box gets here before his birthday, our boy will have the honor of opening this one on his big day.

sselluoss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sselluoss

I'm bothered by the fact that the bricks are now showed in the beginning of the woot-off which means like 5pages into the "community" tab, which is where i normally went to follow comments :| Now I'm having to click? Water Tube Faucet >:O
The other option is to find it in "stuff you bought" and follow it to the discussion... still too many clicks and pages...

telymanbws

quality posts: 4 Private Messages telymanbws
sselluoss wrote:I'm bothered by the fact that the bricks are now showed in the beginning of the woot-off which means like 5pages into the "community" tab, which is where i normally went to follow comments :| Now I'm having to click? Water Tube Faucet >:O
The other option is to find it in "stuff you bought" and follow it to the discussion... still too many clicks and pages...

Click on "Sort by Last Post" and the Bouts of Consternation will normally float to the top or at least somewhere near the top

There is a saying about those who forget history. I don't remember what it said, but it was good.
-Stephen Colbert

ilianna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilianna

Checking woot for shipping info (like an cracked-out monkey in a skinner box) should help pass all the overtime I have to work to make up for being off today.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee

There is always a little resistance to change but Im sure everyone will grow to accept the changes whether they like them or not. Im still on the fence, had a hard time finding my way back here. One thing I miss is the time stamps in the discussion. I used to be able to find my last read message by knowing the time and date but now they're all listed with just the date. Think Ill find somewhere else to post a recommendation to add that back. It cant be too big of a change right?

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett
sselluoss wrote:I'm bothered by the fact that the bricks are now showed in the beginning of the woot-off which means like 5pages into the "community" tab, which is where i normally went to follow comments :| Now I'm having to click? Water Tube Faucet >:O

Took me about 5 minutes to find it as well. clicked Stuff You Bought, then View order details, then Bunch of Change, then join the discussion, then last page.

i think a couple of those steps could be eliminated with a link to product or comments directly from "stuff you bought" page.
Also a mobile site would be nice, it is VERY slow to low on my mobile phone over wifi. =(

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
corysterrett wrote:Took me about 5 minutes to find it as well. clicked Stuff You Bought, then View order details, then Bunch of Change, then join the discussion, then last page.

i think a couple of those steps could be eliminated with a link to product or comments directly from "stuff you bought" page.
Also a mobile site would be nice, it is VERY slow to low on my mobile phone over wifi. =(

Ah thank-you I could not figure out how to go about that at all. Way too many steps I miss the direct link on the products order page.

There's parts of the new layout I like but the annoying things about it are kinda yelling much louder.

tsaot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tsaot
atippinfan78 wrote:The only reason I "asked" for something was because that last couple of woot offs I noticed some people asking for things, and then actually getting them.
I was like, What? Srsly?! You can't do that!

But hey, if it worked for them, then why not give it a shot?

I don't expect to get anything I ask for(though I wouldn't mind ;)) And I won't be disappointed with whatever useless crap I get. I tried for years before I ever got my first cherished Bouts of Consternation and I will continue to throw $8 away every chance I get, to be privileged enough to get a box full of things that I have no use for.

aww I ♥ woot!

I've stopped asking as I've seen it does nothing for me. I even wrote out a song that got marked as a quality post (I need a Roomba! I'm holding out for a Roomba til' the end of the night...). In fact, the last few have been kind of lackluster and the soon to be wife (in 19 days) didn't want me to order this one, thankfully she was okay with it when I did. I'm just hoping for something fun I can surprise her with this time.

To be honest though, I was asking for something kind of specific which kind of goes against the whole Bouts of Consternation theme. Maybe if I was a little more generic... Woot? I'm getting married on the 16th. Could you pack in something fun for the reception or honeymoon? Thanks!

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett
granilithe wrote:Ah thank-you I could not figure out how to go about that at all. Way too many steps I miss the direct link on the products order page.

There's parts of the new layout I like but the annoying things about it are kinda yelling much louder.

Yeah, I do like the look of it better, there need to be a few functionality tweaks to it, but other than that I really think they did a good job.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
tsaot wrote:I've stopped asking as I've seen it does nothing for me. I even wrote out a song that got marked as a quality post (I need a Roomba! I'm holding out for a Roomba til' the end of the night...). In fact, the last few have been kind of lackluster and the soon to be wife (in 19 days) didn't want me to order this one, thankfully she was okay with it when I did. I'm just hoping for something fun I can surprise her with this time.

To be honest though, I was asking for something kind of specific which kind of goes against the whole Bouts of Consternation theme. Maybe if I was a little more generic... Woot? I'm getting married on the 16th. Could you pack in something fun for the reception or honeymoon? Thanks!

Perhaps ColonelCrap will be kind enough to throw some of this in with the other crap. Congratulations and good luck!

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

A-HA! Found it! So, do we win a bag of crap for finally relocating the bag of crap thread? Or is this not one of those find the treasure woot things?

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
mlsapack wrote:Perhaps ColonelCrap will be kind enough to throw some of this in with the other crap. Congratulations and good luck!

That was my first thought at the revised request, too :D

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

lukersone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukersone

Did someone snag Bouts of Consternation number 3000 during the renovation?

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21
lukersone wrote:Did someone snag Bouts of Consternation number 3000 during the renovation?

Looks like Kingu did

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

I don't know if I dig it just yet, it has a lot going on for me.... but that might be rough because I'm still recovering from the heart attack woot gave me yesterday!!

These Bags of crap better be extra special for the new site!! when do we get shipping already!?

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

Prateek00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Prateek00
Dman27 wrote:I don't know if I dig it just yet, it has a lot going on for me.... but that might be rough because I'm still recovering from the heart attack woot gave me yesterday!!

These Bags of crap better be extra special for the new site!! when do we get shipping already!?

I'm guessing by Wednesday or Thursday we should see them all shipped out Friday the latest

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
threepiecewoot wrote:Do I see a "Park Southward" keychain in there?

Welcome back!

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Geez. That took entirely too long to find this thread. Other than that, the changes are tolerable (so far).

sselluoss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sselluoss
telymanbws wrote:Click on "Sort by Last Post" and the Bouts of Consternation will normally float to the top or at least somewhere near the top

Awesome. Thanks.

Still bothers me that all the Bricks are under one thread as opposed to before, when the discussion was one thread but you could see when each was sold during a woot-off...

katblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katblue
sselluoss wrote:Awesome. Thanks.

Still bothers me that all the Bricks are under one thread as opposed to before, when the discussion was one thread but you could see when each was sold during a woot-off...

I betcha this will get fixed back the way it was, but the staff is a little busy trying to placate us whiners at deals.woot.

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
May the Crap be ever in your favor.

bdh008

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bdh008

Came back from camping and found the site all changed. Liking it so far. But that means we are the first to get Crap after the redesign. We are the chosen ones! Hopefully that doesn't mean our Craps include hot pocket wrappers and lots and lots of empty energy drinks.

Coogles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Coogles
ROGETRAY wrote:Kinda stuff like this:

(except, maybe...you know...the cat might not be included.)

Well, if the cat IS included please throw in a litter box as well. Otherwise the number of craps will increase between packing and opening. (A little food and water might be a good idea too!)

aaronshall

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aaronshall

Is this back to working now?

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago
Coogles wrote:Well, if the cat IS included please throw in a litter box as well. Otherwise the number of craps will increase between packing and opening. (A little food and water might be a good idea too!)

Train the cat to use whatever bag comes with the Bunch of Change to use as a kitty litter box and you will literally get a bag. of crap lol

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass

I just want to say, good luck, we're all counting on you.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Blackboard of Cleanliness 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Blackboard of Cleanliness 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Blackboard of Cleanliness 03/22/12
    16. Blackboard of Cleanliness 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Blackboard of Cleanliness 12/06/11
    19. Blackboard of Cleanliness 11/09/11
    20. Blackboard of Cleanliness 07/12/11
    21. Blackboard of Cleanliness 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

poostorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poostorm
    telymanbws wrote:Click on "Sort by Last Post" and the Bouts of Consternation will normally float to the top or at least somewhere near the top

Thanks for posting that. I was on a clicking adventure there for a while. This way is probably even a little easier than before.

mthomtech

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mthomtech
    robey21 wrote:Looks like Kingu did

Curious about that too ... 2:01 AM sell time ... how'd that happen? Black hole Of Crap

3 x

mthomtech

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mthomtech
    mthomtech wrote:Curious about that too ... 2:01 AM sell time ... how'd that happen? Black hole Of Crap

Actually it looks like the sellout times are messed up on a lot of items. It says 1:43 PM for the monkeys, etc ... Must be a glitch with the new digs

3 x

goudaman40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goudaman40

Okay folks figured y'all would appreciate this one. I'm working on a project at work and the acronym is CCRAP. Well my boss decided sine I'm the SCRUM master then that makes me the master CCRAPper.

I figure it was fitting sine the day I was given this title was the sme day I got my Bouts of Consternation

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9
    robey21 wrote:Looks like Kingu did

How and where though?

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
    mikebbass wrote:I just want to say, good luck, we're all counting on you.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
    maggie3052 wrote:Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

Airplane

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

I was standing in a Goodwill store today, contemplating how scoring a Bunch of Change temporarily changes one's buying patterns (I wasn't going to buy a big-screen tv anyway, but now for sure I won't because I'd feel really stupid if I got one [although I know I won't]). About the time I decided I was safe buying the greatest hits of the Eurythmics, I also decided that it might make a nice change to list things that we don't want woot to send us, in addition to or instead of things we'd like.

In that spirit, please woot DON'T SEND ME:

the greatest hits of the Eurythmics OR Gordon Lightfoot

a sketchpad already covered in charcoal powder that comes with an eraser

a weird hanging candle holder (actually, you can totally send me this, even if it's identical to the one I purchased today)

any yarn at all

a charm bracelet missing many charms but having a tiny ukulele

or

a dvd set of Square Pegs

Thank you in advance. I look forward to whatever you choose to send me.

neohemp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages neohemp
    mossygreen wrote:I was standing in a Goodwill store today, contemplating how scoring a Bunch of Change temporarily changes one's buying patterns (I wasn't going to buy a big-screen tv anyway, but now for sure I won't because I'd feel really stupid if I got one [although I know I won't]). About the time I decided I was safe buying the greatest hits of the Eurythmics, I also decided that it might make a nice change to list things that we don't want woot to send us, in addition to or instead of things we'd like.

In that spirit, please woot DON'T SEND ME:

the greatest hits of the Eurythmics OR Gordon Lightfoot

a sketchpad already covered in charcoal powder that comes with an eraser

a weird hanging candle holder (actually, you can totally send me this, even if it's identical to the one I purchased today)

any yarn at all

a charm bracelet missing many charms but having a tiny ukulele

or

a dvd set of Square Pegs

Thank you in advance. I look forward to whatever you choose to send me.

I would pay Woot for all of these items to be in your Bouts of Consternation

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
    neohemp wrote:I would pay Woot for all of these items to be in your Bouts of Consternation

Hey now, that, well... that would be okay. Although I just picked up Square Pegs yesterday, so I really don't need another one. You're a little cruel, though, aren't you?

It would be a question of time, not money, anyway.

Buzman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buzman

Aiiyeee. I go on vacation Wednesday, out of town for 10 days. My Bouts of Consternation will be waiting for me when I get home.

I probably won't even get weight by then. Hope this one is worth the wait.

royalrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royalrose

Dear Colonel,

I realized last night as I was falling asleep that I neglected to thank you properly for the reinforcements that you so kindly included in my last Bouts of Consternation . The new troops have been deployed in the boychild's bedroom where they are currently lording it over the rest of the regiment, who are all much shorter. The three soldiers are a welcome addition to our family army, Sir, and shall be properly utilized.

Sincerely,
    An Oregon WootSoldier