robby316

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robby316

Hit refresh seconds ago and got nothing, did it one more time out of habit and got a placeholder. 4.2 lbs, 14 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in.

uglytalents

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uglytalents

3.7 lbs and 14.2 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in. for me and due on 6/2

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
o0ginger0o wrote:No shipping info yet for 380264xx. How late is there a possibility of it shipping tonight?

I just checked by reference # at FedEx, and my order 380637xx says 'shipment info sent to FedEx' but no delivery date yet. Back to F5. Good thing I bought a new computer during WootOff- which arrived today.

robby316

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robby316
robby316 wrote:Hit refresh seconds ago and got nothing, did it one more time out of habit and got a placeholder. 4.2 lbs, 14 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in.

note: Order 380264xx , estimated delivery 06/02/2012, which I assume will change.

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Tracking is in, yay! - Still 1lb

jadeboy7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadeboy7

Mine is actually different, so maybe not a placeholder? It's a solid 5 lbs, but a little smaller size-wise at 12 in. x 9.7 in. x 9.6 in. Estimated delivery of 06/05.

Fluffy215

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fluffy215

I just got my 1 pound placeholder for 380637xx

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
robby316 wrote:Hit refresh seconds ago and got nothing, did it one more time out of habit and got a placeholder. 4.2 lbs, 14 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in.

Ha! Me too. Only 1lb placeholder. Need to figure out how to check dimensions...

o0ginger0o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages o0ginger0o

I have tracking info for 380264xx.

Weight: 3.2 pounds

Dimensions: 14 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in.

Estimated Delivery: June 6th

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

no tracking for me yet :/ ...

But the number one complaint about the beta is that Thunder Thighs full name doesn't fit... like how could one not think this through!

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

nangtadam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nangtadam

1.9Lbs
12 in. x 9.6 in. x 9.5 in

bdecker202

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bdecker202

2.7 lbs

12 x 9.6 x 9.5

Due to arrive June 4.

I think I got it in the 3rd batch? It was the one offered at 3:30AM CST

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett
corysterrett wrote:
Also I got mine in the last batch, order number: 380636xx
For those of you with tracking info, what are your order numbers?

Just got 1lb place holder, 5/29 anticipated ship date. dimensions N/A x N/A x N/A!!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

1.9 pounder here as well, with dims of 12in x 9.6in x 9.5in due June 5th. Good things sometimes do come in small packages!

skbruck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skbruck

14.2 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in. 4 lbs

Keith Brucker

nymetsfan1226

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nymetsfan1226

4.8 lbs

16 x 12.5 x 10.6

I've crapped 6 times!

bdh008

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdh008

No cameras at Woot? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

lordbowen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages lordbowen

Went out for Chinese last Saturday (May 26) and the fortune in my cookie said, "Next week at this time, something good is coming your way!" Now FedEx is telling me my Bouts of Consternation should arrive Saturday, June 2. Is that cosmic alignment or what!

flamesedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamesedge

6lbs 15.7 in. x 12.5 in. x 10.6 in.
I like those numbers.

cepheid666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cepheid666

So, I forgot to mention this in the last Bouts of Consternation thread, but:

I posted this in the last thread, and I'm guessing someone from Woot must have read it, because my 14+-lb Bouts of Consternation arrived and was filled with this:

Needless to say, the kid was all over it in seconds (as you can see), and the Megabloks have now become one of the favored playthings.

So, a BIG thanks to (presumed) Wootployee Howard or Susanna, who saw fit to "donate" their old Megabloks to a Woot Bouts of Consternation instead of to a thrift store! (The name/address sticker conveniently stuck to one of the Megabloks pieces is what allows me to write such a personal note of thanks. )

This round's Bouts of Consternation is much lighter (only 2.9 lbs) so I'm assuming it's pretty standard, but I was amazed at the last one and, again, thanks to the Wootployee who sent it!

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
cepheid666 wrote:So, I forgot to mention this in the last Bouts of Consternation thread, but:

I posted this in the last thread, and I'm guessing someone from Woot must have read it, because my 14+-lb Bouts of Consternation arrived and was filled with this:

Needless to say, the kid was all over it in seconds (as you can see), and the Megabloks have now become one of the favored playthings.

So, a BIG thanks to (presumed) Wootployee Howard or Susanna, who saw fit to "donate" their old Megabloks to a Woot Bouts of Consternation instead of to a thrift store! (The name/address sticker conveniently stuck to one of the Megabloks pieces is what allows me to write such a personal note of thanks. )

This round's Bouts of Consternation is much lighter (only 2.9 lbs) so I'm assuming it's pretty standard, but I was amazed at the last one and, again, thanks to the Wootployee who sent it!

And this is why we love Woot. That's just awesome.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago

okay, since I saw someone found theirs I thought I'd check again and low and behold there it is.

15.7x12.2x10.6 and 4.3 pounds. Another not very heavy package unfortunately so no television for me lol

fatdragon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fatdragon

Got a shipment notification for my 3.1 lb. Bungalow of Czechs moments ago, confirmed arrival at FedEx Smartpost Dallas. Not seeing any dimensions.

I'm in a bit of a bind, experienced Crappers. I won't be around to collect it for a month and a half. Do I 1) ask my sister to open it for me and report back, B) Ask my sister to check for the infamous letter, or 4) let it gather dust until I arrive to collect it personally?

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000
dracodrago wrote:okay, since I saw someone found theirs I thought I'd check again and low and behold there it is.

15.7x12.2x10.6 and 4.3 pounds. Another not very heavy package unfortunately so no television for me lol

Hmm. Anyone else notice the coincidental arrival of TT and all the Fedex notices?

We are on to you TT.

mrvoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrvoodoo
cepheid666 wrote:So, I forgot to mention this in the last Bouts of Consternation thread, but:

That's awesome! What a cutie you have too.

talwyn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages talwyn

I'm still waiting (im)patiently for my shipment notice... The longer I wait, the more awesome the Blade Of Chihuahuas is, right?

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael

Got shipping notice of a 3 pounder

I'd sing my song again, but no one seemed to like it =P

Still... HORRAY!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

mrvoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrvoodoo
talwyn wrote:I'm still waiting (im)patiently for my shipment notice... The longer I wait, the more awesome the Blade Of Chihuahuas is, right?

Still waiting here too. Excited to see them shipping out.

Catawaba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Catawaba

Shipping notice received for 3.4 pounds of ?????

15.7 in. x 12.2 in. x 10.6 in

What was I thinking?

Catawaba

What is the website to log the dimensions, etc?

What was I thinking?

smiliesrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smiliesrock
Catawaba wrote:What is the website to log the dimensions, etc?

Yeah, my FedEx shows 1lb... No dyson then lol. How do I know the dimensions? What's the placeholder thing about? It could weigh more than 1lb? My order number is 380521xx... This is my first bundle of carbohydrates... Help!!!

mgsenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgsenny

So I got 3.1 lbs for mine, but no dimensions. Any reason as to why there wouldn't be dimensions?

jireynolds33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jireynolds33

Just received confirmation from the tracking bot. 14 in. x 10.2 in. x 8.6 in. and 2.7lbs. Fingers crossed.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Hello fellow wooters!

Glad to report, that I have a shipping e-mail and a placeholder for 2.7 lbs of the praised haul (so far initiated state)!

Wife's haul shows a placeholder 1 lbs (unless it is in fact a one-pounder).

And so, as the shipping is on, it's time to post... you'd never guess what... But here it comes anyway!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FedEx SmartPost primer for newcomers, and a reminder for the rest of Wooters (v. 1.6.1)

1. Before the tracking information shows up: Sometimes Woot is not e-mailing the tracking numbers until a few days after the packages are shipped. You can try and get the number by reference, by going to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us and entering these three things: Your Woot order number goes to reference numbers box, select United States in destination country drop down, and Your Zip Code in a respective box. It's important to get all three pieces. Keep refreshing it, and if you're lucky, the tracking number will pop-up before the official e-mail comes. It doesn't ALWAYS work, but there's a good chance. Note, that if you've made multiple orders from Woot, you can enter several order numbers into the reference box, one per line.

1.1 A small tracking by reference tip: At first when you enter the tracking information your tracking page will be loaded by POST request. That means all data you entered is sent to server through internal fields. Each time you refresh you'd have to agree to repeat the POST operation, and you can't bookmark or transfer the link to another computer/smartphone/etc. However - if you press a purple RESUBMIT button below your results, it will change the request to GET, so that all information you entered will show up in a URL and you can now F5 it as many times as you want without further steps, make bookmarks or e-mail the link to self (or others).

1.2 If your weight shows as 1lb, it is most likely a placeholder, which will be replaced by more accurate weight once the package actually starts moving (or reaches a sorting station - see below). The dimensions will probably show as NA/NA/NA on those placeholder packages. Some people have reported packages showing as 1lb all the way until delivery, but turned out to be anything but, though there's always a slight chance that your package actually is a 1 pounder. So you never know.

1.3 To make it even more frustrating - the actual fact that you can track by reference, but if it shows as a 1lb with status Shipment information sent to FedEx does not yet mean the package actually shipped or even exists. All it means - a label which will eventually be attached to your package has been printed. It may be a few days before your beloved box will actually hit the road. Patience is the key here!

1.4 So how do we know for sure that BоC's are out? Keep looking through this thread, and you may spot a post by colonelcrap or occasionally by another Woot staff member (identified as such by a small icon next to their name), stating that all packages are shipped. Sometimes it will take FedEx a while before they show up or update, but once it's said here on the forum, you can be sure that they are out! Also keep an eye open for updates by colonelcrap and other staff members posts announcing the crаp status changes, possible shipping delays or otherwise!

1.5 Some wooters report being able to track, but not me! Am I screwed? No, you are not. The tracking numbers don't get into the system all at once. The track by reference starts working when FedEx receives your package info from Woot. They send them in batches, and if someone has a reference hit, does not mean everyone gets it at the same time. Sometimes it's days between batches are sent, and sometimes electronic info on some or all packages is not sent at all, which means not trackable by reference until it arrives (even if trackable by actual tracking number received from Woot). The actual tracking information (if you have tracking e-mail sent to you or it shows up on your order page) gets updated as the package is actually scanned at FedEx location. Provided that Woot ships them by truckload, it may not be instant at all, nor they will appear all at once. Sometimes it's not 'til the next day when you see it live, even if there are others that got scanned early in the game. Remember, if colonelcrap said that all packages are out - they are. It may take some time for them to go live, a day or two between first reported trackable package until the last one shows up in a system is not unusual...

2. To get the dimensions you need to create My FedEx account (no charge, and you don't have to give them cc number if you don't want to): http://my.fedex.com/ and make sure to switch to new or advanced version. Enter your tracking number, and the dimensions will pop...

2.1 Another way to get dimensions: If you have problems with My FedEx site, or just to make things easier - you can also download a very convenient FedEx Desktop application. It uses the same log-in credentials as your My FedEx account (you'd still need to have one), and tracks the same packages right from your desktop, without the browser.

3. Don't get too excited. For the first few days most people will probably have some sort of cubed dimensions. This is because in the beginning the dimensions are not real. They are guesstimated by FedEx based on weight (which may or may not be accurate). Here's the famous formula for you to check:

SIDE = ( 330 * WEIGHT ) ^ (1/3)
(side in inches, weight in lbs)

If it matches your dimensions to a few tenths of an inch - you know they are not real. That's for smaller packages. Those over 15lbs would always have the "dimensions" of a 15lbs package (or was it 16)... Again not real...

4. Once your package passed a sorting station - the updated weight and real dimensions may show up. Usually that's the first or second stop it makes after Dallas. In my case (North-East) in either Martinsburg, WV or at Kansas City, KS (I am yet to understand the logic SmartPost uses in sending the packages one route or the other), for many others it's New Berlin, WI or another major SmartPost hub. In some cases actual weighting/measuring may not take place even at the SECOND hub... or ever...

5. USPS Handoff: Once the package is reported to have passed a city near you - start tracking it on http://www.usps.com/, because that's who's delivering it to your door, and once the package is handed over by FedEx, they will have more up to date information. Do make sure that you track by actual tracking number (it will show up if you got a hit with reference tracking), because USPS does not track by reference. A thing to note - when handed over to USPS, FedEx always says a standard "allow 2-3 for business days for delivery". This is a standard message, and if your USPS facility is efficient enough, you may get it delivered as soon as the day of handoff (if it happened early enough).

5.1. USPS is not delivering for a few days after supposed handoff. Compliments go to the budget cuts and staff shortage at your local post office, as per a post by snaped, who claims to know the situation first hand: the pallets of SmartPost packages are handled at the lowest priority, after all other mail has been processed. So if your post office is a bit short on staff or overwhelmed with other mail (holiday seasons especially) it may well sit unsorted for a few days, after which their status is raised to priority and they finally get sorted and delivered. In my personal experience, I've seen them delivered the same day or as much as a full week late (that happened with non-woot package I was expecting around Christmas).

Good luck to all waiting for their hauls, and let the Woot Gods bless you with some amazing crаps!

Catawaba

Catawaba wrote:What is the website to log the dimensions, etc?

http://wootsack.bfusion.net/index.php

What was I thinking?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bfg9000 wrote:Hmm. Anyone else notice the coincidental arrival of TT and all the Fedex notices?

We are on to you TT.

What, you think I work for FedEx?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

orchurch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orchurch

Just got my tracking number,
2.6 lbs.
14" x 10.2" x 8.6" with a delivery date of 6/04/12
Mine is from the 1st batch.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Jertyrael
ThunderThighs wrote:What, you think I work for FedEx?

Maybe not, but you could be in cahoots!

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

mgsenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgsenny

First batch. 3.1 pounds and its 14x10.2x8.6 lets hope its a good one!!!!

gargreguan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gargreguan

3.7 lbs.
12 in. x 9.6 in. x 9.2 in.