Holy CRAP, I'm 17 pages behind!!! That's what I get for not reading this thread for a few days, huh?
I was all excited to come shout and gloat, "My crap is here!!! My crap is here!!!" since I had seen delivery estimates of the 4th...but see that I'm far from the first. Mine was waiting for me when I got home a little while ago. It was partially opened (see comment below), but contained:
1. The purple sunflower bag (retails for $1)---like/will most definitely use
2. The spitball dartpad (retails for $1)---hmmmmm *thinking*
3. The pink Diva Darling microfiber facial mitt---will use, since I'm a girly-girl
4. The Chuck Norris doll---if he were holding karate nunchucks in his hands instead of guns, nephews would LOVE it---AuntieRegina might have to do some crafty weapon-transplant surgery.
5. The box of bottle-clean tablets. Will try, but would probably never buy to keep using.
6. Nice Fruit-of-the-Loom XL blank t-shirt in a very pretty CarribeanBlue/tealish color. It doesn't look like an irregular to me, so far. I like it! Now just to choose which graphic to apply as an iron-on transfer!!!
7. Two---TWO---bug-zapper rackets; one blue, one red---very patriotic for Memorial Day and 4th of July picnics. I JUST BOUGHT A PAIR (both yellow) NOT EVEN 2 WKS AGO FROM ANOTHER SITE!!!! At least I can personally testify that they DO work (are effective), and having 4 to leave scattered about in strategic locations will definitely come in handy this time of year in north Alabama.
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, there was a hilarious video on AFV 2-3 weeks ago with some shirtless dudes sitting around on a porch (I feel certain that the drinkage of beer was involved, and that these boys were from Mississippi, Arkansas, or yes, even possibly my own beloved Alabama, *sigh*.) Anyway, one of them didn't believe they would work, so he decided to try it out on himself. You should have seen him just about jump out of his skin as it zapped his NIPPLE!!! LOL
(If no one has done it yet, I'll see if I can find/post a clip of that in the next day or two.)
8. Six green bags of Texas air. All were still full and doing their duty.
9. A cashier's check for 10 million dollars!!!! <---just kidding...wishful thinking.
Sorry for no pic...I much prefer seeing pics of Bouts of Consternation contents myself, as opposed to lists like I did...but I'm too tired to lay it out/stage it, take a pic, upload the pic, and post it. Yes, I'm THAT tired, LOL.
Oh, back to the open box....
I've thought this for quite a long time, and most recently when I ordered my Motorola Xoom from Deals.woot, but I really, really wish that Woot would STOP printing the contents of my order on the shipping label for postal employees (and anyone else who looks) to see. So many people know what Woot is (my rural post office sure does, as much as I've ordered over 7 years!) and when something desirable or enticing is printed on the label, you might as well print "here ya go--come and get it if you want this" right along with it.
In my case, I think it must have been that George Clooney was feeling a bit cramped in the box after the long trip and needed more air (he didn't want to suck it out of the green bags, b/c, you know, who would want to breathe TEXAS air??? *ducks and runs for cover*)----so when he broke the tape from the inside in order to get a little more leg-room and air once he got to the Heart of Dixie, he realized he could actually escape my box entirely. *heavy sigh*
Now I have to go set a trap in case he's living in the woods behind my pond.