music2video

quality posts: 3 Private Messages music2video

After seeing what some people have gotten, it looks like some one at Woot took apart their computer and mailed pieces of it to fellow wooters.

peaceetc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages peaceetc
wanderbug2 wrote:My giraffe is dancing to the same song-looks about like your donkey,except for the yellow and spots, lol!

You know what this means, don't you? They were lovers, your giraffe and my donkey. They lived together in domestic bliss at the Woot warehouse, dancing their hearts out to Primetime Sexytime whenever they wanted. It was heaven.

Then, one fateful day, Colonel Crap and his crew came to call. The Colonel knew nothing of the love affair, because he had never seen them together. Who would think two souls from two different species could find true love?

In an effort to fill the many bags of crap, your giraffe was sent one way, and my donkey was sent another. It happened so suddenly, they didn't even get the chance to say good bye.

I don't blame the Colonel. Indeed, no one is really to blame here. It is just the way life goes, sometimes.

So do me this favor, wanderbug2 -- show your giraffe my video. Tell him/her my donkey sends his/her love, and will remember him/her very fondly in his/her heart. Always.

(x18)

lilthne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilthne

First time getting a Blinged-Out Cabbage!

This was 3.3 lbs, 12"x9.5"x9.5"

3 Texas Air
1 Large Royal Blue shirt (not pictured - already claimed by my dad)
1 Terrific Turkey Temperature Probe (not pictured - already claimed by my mom)
1 "?" brown paper bag
1 screaming caped terror
1 red leather kindle case
2 spitball dartboards

The spitball dartboards are pretty awesome. I'm thinking of taping them to my bulletin board and using real darts. Thanks woot!

P.S. Please consider including a kindle in my next Bouts of Consternation so I can put the case to good use :D

kerry51891

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerry51891

The guy with the letter said a couple of pages back that he made a mistake and it wasn't from Woot:

robey21 wrote:Guy with the letter is smacking himself bc he realizes it wasn't from Woot lol

pleiadianjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pleiadianjen
bfg9000 wrote:Finally got my email confirmation of shipping. Unfortunately, my kittens(Babies of Cats) are stuck in Baguette of Cheese prison; New Berlin WI. Ughh.

mine was in new berlin yesterday, scheduled for delivery monday, got it today (friday). i'm in round lake IL (60073) if it helps.

keyholder29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyholder29

My Bucket of Charcoal arrived by SmartPost while I was out this afternoon. The box was just 1 lb., and it was 14x10x8 with room to spare.

Contents:

• A green bag of sealed air
  • A dark green Fruit of the Loom Lofteez T-shirt, size XL
  • A recycled materials sunflower motif tote bag
  • A Chuck Norris non-talking doll
  • 3 ea. Frost King tack cloths, 18x36
  • A Diva Darling facial mitt
  • A carton of 20 SIGG bottle cleaning tablets
  • 2 ea. Hawx PC video games on DVD
  • A made-in-China watch whose minute hand moves all by itself, back and forth
  • An Acer Netscroll mouse for a computer with a PS2 mouse port
  • A dusty case fan with "DELL" embossed in the center
  • An M-Audio USB dongle (good to have in case I misplace the one supplied with the M-Audio keyboard I bought on Woot a couple years back)
  • An AGP graphics card made for H-P by ASUS with VGA, TV and DVI outputs

The graphics card looks wicked with its big fan and a slew of coils and caps and IC chips on both sides, but I have no clue as to whether it's better or worse than the one I have. Without knowing more about it, it might be a little risky to just plug it in and see if it works, wouldn't you think?

Any help identifying the model would be welcomed and appreciated.

peaceetc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages peaceetc
keyholder29 wrote:
The graphics card looks wicked with its big fan and a slew of coils and caps and IC chips on both sides, but I have no clue as to whether it's better or worse than the one I have. Without knowing more about it, it might be a little risky to just plug it in and see if it works, wouldn't you think?

Any help identifying the model would be welcomed and appreciated.

If there's a part number on the card, type it into Google and see what pops up.

(x18)

keyholder29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyholder29
peaceetc wrote:If there's a part number on the card, type it into Google and see what pops up.

Thanks.

I had earlier tried searching the HP parts site without success. Shoulda known better.

The part number matches the GeForce FX 5700 with 256MB of memory.

Will have to check it out tomorrow.

ragnarok2334

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragnarok2334
miniskunk wrote:Yep they do and Denver is very slow to send them on their merry way. Last delivery was a day late in arrival according to estimated delivery. It sat nearly 5 days in Denver over the weekend.

Yah they seem to get lost in the fedex warehouse everytime, once usps gets a hold of it I usually get it in one or two days.

xstevejx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xstevejx

Don't know what I'm getting yet, but it's 2.7lbs. of craptacularness. Won't be here until next Thu, though!

ericsuquet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ericsuquet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

YESace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YESace
alanhwoot wrote:Here's my 6lbs of crap.

1x Fruit of the Loom red XL t-shirt, plain (not pictured)
1x Purple sunflower bag
1x Spitball dartboard
1x Diva Darling microfiber facial mitt
1x Chuck Norris (non)talking plushie
1x SIGG water bottle cleaning tables (20 tablet pack)
1x Dell AT101W keyboard, very very used

The last was why the package was so heavy. This is one of the old built-like-a-tank keyboards, and appears to date from the late 1990s. Congrats to the Woot staffer who finally got a new computer to replace their Windows 95 box.

YES I got the same crap except my keyboard is a very, very used old HP (not USB)my Bouts of Consternation was 4.6 lb.plus 11 bags of Texas air.
Thanks Woot !!!

YES!

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

Holy CRAP, I'm 17 pages behind!!! That's what I get for not reading this thread for a few days, huh?

I was all excited to come shout and gloat, "My crap is here!!! My crap is here!!!" since I had seen delivery estimates of the 4th...but see that I'm far from the first. Mine was waiting for me when I got home a little while ago. It was partially opened (see comment below), but contained:

1. The purple sunflower bag (retails for $1)---like/will most definitely use
2. The spitball dartpad (retails for $1)---hmmmmm *thinking*
3. The pink Diva Darling microfiber facial mitt---will use, since I'm a girly-girl
4. The Chuck Norris doll---if he were holding karate nunchucks in his hands instead of guns, nephews would LOVE it---AuntieRegina might have to do some crafty weapon-transplant surgery.
5. The box of bottle-clean tablets. Will try, but would probably never buy to keep using.
6. Nice Fruit-of-the-Loom XL blank t-shirt in a very pretty CarribeanBlue/tealish color. It doesn't look like an irregular to me, so far. I like it! Now just to choose which graphic to apply as an iron-on transfer!!!
7. Two---TWO---bug-zapper rackets; one blue, one red---very patriotic for Memorial Day and 4th of July picnics. I JUST BOUGHT A PAIR (both yellow) NOT EVEN 2 WKS AGO FROM ANOTHER SITE!!!! At least I can personally testify that they DO work (are effective), and having 4 to leave scattered about in strategic locations will definitely come in handy this time of year in north Alabama.
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, there was a hilarious video on AFV 2-3 weeks ago with some shirtless dudes sitting around on a porch (I feel certain that the drinkage of beer was involved, and that these boys were from Mississippi, Arkansas, or yes, even possibly my own beloved Alabama, *sigh*.) Anyway, one of them didn't believe they would work, so he decided to try it out on himself. You should have seen him just about jump out of his skin as it zapped his NIPPLE!!! LOL
(If no one has done it yet, I'll see if I can find/post a clip of that in the next day or two.)
8. Six green bags of Texas air. All were still full and doing their duty.
9. A cashier's check for 10 million dollars!!!! <---just kidding...wishful thinking.

Sorry for no pic...I much prefer seeing pics of Bouts of Consternation contents myself, as opposed to lists like I did...but I'm too tired to lay it out/stage it, take a pic, upload the pic, and post it. Yes, I'm THAT tired, LOL.

Oh, back to the open box....

I've thought this for quite a long time, and most recently when I ordered my Motorola Xoom from Deals.woot, but I really, really wish that Woot would STOP printing the contents of my order on the shipping label for postal employees (and anyone else who looks) to see. So many people know what Woot is (my rural post office sure does, as much as I've ordered over 7 years!) and when something desirable or enticing is printed on the label, you might as well print "here ya go--come and get it if you want this" right along with it.

In my case, I think it must have been that George Clooney was feeling a bit cramped in the box after the long trip and needed more air (he didn't want to suck it out of the green bags, b/c, you know, who would want to breathe TEXAS air??? *ducks and runs for cover*)----so when he broke the tape from the inside in order to get a little more leg-room and air once he got to the Heart of Dixie, he realized he could actually escape my box entirely. *heavy sigh*
Now I have to go set a trap in case he's living in the woods behind my pond.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

UnexplodedCow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnexplodedCow

Kind of crazy..people getting their stuff already. I was notified today (technically yesterday, Friday) that mine finally shipped...should have it in about 5 or 6 days now. This seems to be the norm for what I receive.

rsimms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsimms

Still a better love story than Twilight.

peaceetc wrote:You know what this means, don't you? They were lovers, your giraffe and my donkey. They lived together in domestic bliss at the Woot warehouse, dancing their hearts out to Primetime Sexytime whenever they wanted. It was heaven.

Then, one fateful day, Colonel Crap and his crew came to call. The Colonel knew nothing of the love affair, because he had never seen them together. Who would think two souls from two different species could find true love?

In an effort to fill the many bags of crap, your giraffe was sent one way, and my donkey was sent another. It happened so suddenly, they didn't even get the chance to say good bye.

I don't blame the Colonel. Indeed, no one is really to blame here. It is just the way life goes, sometimes.

So do me this favor, wanderbug2 -- show your giraffe my video. Tell him/her my donkey sends his/her love, and will remember him/her very fondly in his/her heart. Always.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy
kerry51891 wrote:The guy with the letter said a couple of pages back that he made a mistake and it wasn't from Woot:

That's not the guy with the letter...the guy with the letter is "Bogie21"

btmeyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btmeyers
rsimms wrote:Still a better love story than Twilight.

So true. This is worthy of 3 quality posts. At least.

OscarZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OscarZ
peaceetc wrote:My Bunch of Change is here!

1x Dancing donkey. It is awesome. Check it out (donkey's in the video but not the photo):

http://youtu.be/-kcmxJGLiFw

Your donkey stole all my best moves!

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
rsimms wrote:Still a better love story than Twilight.

CapnJB likes this.

kerry51891

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerry51891
tonycyndy wrote:That's not the guy with the letter...the guy with the letter is "Bogie21"

Whoops, you're right! Man, getting old sucks.

wendy98765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

1 Sunflower bag
1 Chuck Norris (non) talking plushie
1 Kindle cover
1 watch made in China
1 Rust-colored FotL blank shirt with the size cut out. Looks to be too big for me and too small for hubby
1 Spitball Dartboard
1 TMI stamp http://www.knockknockstuff.com/catalog/categories/accessories/self-inking-stamps/tmi-stamp/
5 Texas airbags

cjhughes

quality posts: 24 Private Messages cjhughes

Got my Bunch of Change today! Three whole days early, even. Personally delivered to my door (in the rain, no less) by our local postie. (I've seen others complain about their P.O's handling of SmartPost, but ours seems to be really on the ball.)

The contents:

Bags of Texas air - 13x (lucky?)
Gwen's Nest Sunflower Re-usable shopping bag
Sigg Bottle Clean Tablets - box of 20
Diva Darling microfiber facial mitt
Jerzees T-shirt blue - size S (my 2nd blue Jerzees shirt in a row, this one doesn't fit, though.
Optoma pico pocket projector screen
SKC Men's mesh band quartz watch

and, the true gem of the haul:

Chuck Norris Talking plushie doll (non-talking, unfortunately), armed with machine pistols in both hands, with a mini-booklet of Chuck Norris sayings ("Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch, he decides what time it is.")

Picture (with obligatory demon kitty):

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
Woot:40(Babies on Cribs:7) Kids:0 Wine:1 Shirt:7 Sellout:4 Home:1 Moofi: 2

nmumark

quality posts: 10 Private Messages nmumark
bfg9000 wrote:Finally got my email confirmation of shipping. Unfortunately, my kittens(Babies of Cats) are stuck in Baguette of Cheese prison; New Berlin WI. Ughh.

I got lucky, my 28.7 pounder was able to bulldoze through the guards and make it out of New Berlin in a little over 6 hours.

That has to be a record.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 22 Private Messages BelyndaG
BelyndaG wrote:Mine shipped at 2.2 lbs, I think, and dimensions were 12.2 x 9 x 5, or something like that. It was scheduled to be delivered Monday so I left straight from work and drove 150 miles to help out at my Mom's. Checked FedEx and discovered that it was delivered today! Argh!!!! I have to wait a day or two to open it and HOPE my daughter has enough sense NOT to open it before I get there.

I forgot to mention that I didn't receive my notice from Woot until late last night, AFTER the Bouts of Consternation was delivered. LOL! Can't wait to get home and see what kind of crap I got! I scored two Bouts of Consternation in a row last year, but have been striking out for over a year now. Soooo excited to score again!

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

I've ordered tons of stuff over the years from Woot, but the box of crap still eludes me, whyyyyyyyyyy Woot Gods, whyyyyyy????

So after reading all these fun descriptions of boxes received by others, I have gone and stuffed an official Woot shipping box with lots of random objects laying around and sealed it shut. Later I will sneak it around near my front door. Even later today, I will casually stroll to the front door and extract a waiting Woot box and will proceed to rip it open with shrieks of joy and all the pretend-play I can muster. Welcome home my long-awaited box of crap.

Perhaps I'll even post a picture of 'what I got'.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

It could happen.

Jessara

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Jessara
bfg9000 wrote:Really Woot!? Using a wootoff to recycle old electronics!

Seems a little beneath you.

Huh, I once got a used FAKE electronic gadget. It was a prank 'calculator'; when you pushed the buttons it squirted water at you. Top THAT.

ReginaFilangee

dessndave wrote:... also notice we can message each other it looks like on this new look. Score for trying to help someone.

We've always been able to do that. The envelope has always been there. I've got right at 200 PM's in my box, LOL.

ReginaFilangee

Dman27 wrote:No email but used the old fedex trick and now it's showing me I have a 1 pound dimensionless package! Maybe it's a black hole!

Your supposition cracks me up now that we know what the t-shirt was THE VERY NEXT DAY, lol.

aabbud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aabbud

Picked up mine today:

weight:2.8lb

content:
1 3XL Dark Green Shirt
2 bags of Texas air
1 box of task clips
1 official Bouts of Consternation brown paper bag
1 Admetior Terrific Turkey
1 Cyber Acoustics Kindle Leather cover
1 Trendy Budz earphones

and ...

1 Herrington Cow Parade

Buds and cow doll will be of good use.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

I received my crap 2 days early!

1x Woot! branded cardboard chinchilla playroom in which there could be found:
4x bags of suspect Texas air
1x Diva Darling microfiber facial mitt - pink.
1x purple sunflower reusable shopping bag.
1x Chuck Norris talking plushie that apparently destroyed it's own battery.
1x frighteningly orange t-shirt, plain M
1x steel SKC ladies watch
1x box of Bottle Clean tablets
and 1x Leather protective cover for Kindle, which pairs wonderfully with my 1x leather protective cover for a 7" Galaxy Tab from my LAST bag of crap. Sadly, neither of which pair with a kindle or Galaxy Tab, because I don't own them, so there you go.

Thanks, Woot!

ReginaFilangee

talwyn wrote:.... Even now, I'm trying to concentrate on work and not f5ing the heck out of my email and that FedEx page.

I think it would be funny as hell if Woot could somehow get ahold of thousands of F5 keys (pried off old keyboards, perhaps?) and send them out in Bouts of Consternation. Too late for this one, though!

mmccombs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmccombs

Picked my 3.7 lbs bag up from the post office today.

1. The usual bags of Texas air (I didn't count them)
2. Sunflower bag
3. Talking Chuck Norris that refuses to talk
4. Sigg bottle clean tablets
5. Made in China metal watch (seems to work)
6. Diva Darling facial mitt
7. Red Jerzees t-shirt with the size cut off (seems like a small?)
8. Ecko unltd jeans (how did you guess my size, Woot?)

I'll definitely wear the jeans, so this was a worthwhile Bag for me. The rest will be given away or sent off to my mom's next garage sale.

Thanks, Woot!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
ReginaFilangee wrote:We've always been able to do that. The envelope has always been there. I've got right at 200 PM's in my box, LOL.

And you never reply to them :P Been waiting for your reply for weeks :O

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
bfg9000 wrote:Really Woot!? Using a wootoff to recycle old electronics!

Seems a little beneath you.

I got fifteen piano quick start guides this time around! I think that was by far the most crappiest things I've seen. lol. It was like getting a bad egg and I ate it.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.
POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

ReginaFilangee

colonelcrap wrote:
More than ever, Stay Calm...and Carry On. The Colonel

Thank you for the update from the front lines (I'm a little late seeing it as I've already rec'd and posted my crap, for which I thank you!)

But....Colonel, SIR!.... *stands at attention and salutes respectfully*....as a mere enlistee, I'm hesitant to question your judgement, sir....
But, Colonel, sir...wouldn't that last sentiment be more appropriately expressed as "Stay (keep) calm...and CRAP on"?....Sir.

I mean no disrespect, Colonel, and hope that you do not refer to me as a snot-nosed private. SIR!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

1 Gwen's Nest Sunflower Re-usable shopping bag (I can't get enough of these I NEED MORE WOOT MORE!!!!)
1 Sigg Bottle Clean Tablets - box of 20
1 Fruit of the Loom blank shirt, yellow, size removed (made in Honduras). Doesn't say Anvil on it but if its an anvil shirt I'm glad I stopped buying from shirt.woot, feel scratchy as hell. My bird took an immediate and immense liking to it, probably since they are both yellow.
1 SKC mesh band quartz watch (not sure if for man or lady)
Chuck Norris Talking Plushie (Doesn't talk, the saddest Bunch of Change moment ever, I'm going to have to perform surgery)
1 Herrington Cow Parade

And the item that upset Mr. Norris as he is too large to drive it though I may try to cram him in there anyway:

1 Top Speed RC Proportional Racer Silver 4x4 Truck with Red Flames Decals. Because that's how Chuck Norris rolls.

ReginaFilangee

tracidawn78 wrote:I just looked at it. It is indeed a Mooflower.

Why doesn't mine have an American flag on it? This is AMURICA.

Don't you mean A-MOO-ICA???

akwain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akwain

Lucky enough to get my 4.5 lb Bouts of Consternation today.

0 bags of Texas air
1 black duffel bag
1 plain maroon XL T shirt
1 Kid's Night Out Bingo cards
1 Krave Sweet Chipotle beef jerky
2 2-pack donut lip gloss
20 4-pack Sanyo AA batteries

Loving the jerky! First Bouts of Consternation that I could eat!

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
mmccombs wrote:Picked my 3.7 lbs bag up from the post office today.
.....8. Ecko unltd jeans (how did you guess my size, Woot?)

I'll definitely wear the jeans, so this was a worthwhile Bag for me. The rest will be given away or sent off to my mom's next garage sale.

Thanks, Woot!

Wow! I wonder what goes on in the Woot! warehouse.
And how did he explain to his wife how he lost his pants?!?