akwain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akwain
akwain wrote:Lucky enough to get my 4.5 lb Bouts of Consternation today.

0 bags of Texas air
1 black duffel bag
1 plain maroon XL T shirt
1 Kid's Night Out Bingo cards
1 Krave Sweet Chipotle beef jerky
2 2-pack donut lip gloss
20 4-pack Sanyo AA batteries

Loving the jerky! First Bouts of Consternation that I could eat!

So I type in the 3 letter acronym and Woot auto populates it as "Bouts of Consternation". Did they always do that? Here I was thinking everyone was so clever with their acronyms...

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago
akwain wrote:So I type in the 3 letter acronym and Woot auto populates it as "Bouts of Consternation". Did they always do that? Here I was thinking everyone was so clever with their acronyms...

Quite disappointed with my haul this month.

1 Greyish Green XL T-Shirt (yay that will fit)
1 Purple Sunflower Bag (guess I could use that at Costco)
1 Diva Darling Facial Mitt (that makes my total 3 now with 2 now)
1 Spitball Dartboard (eh)
1 SIGG 20 Tablet Water Bottle Cleaner (okay...?)
1 Awesome Looking Chuck Norris Doll (Doesn't talk though...)
1 Dirty Old Dell Keyboard (Saw someone else get this too, seriously? And old keyboard??)

All-in-all not a great box in my opinion. If the Chuck Norris doll actually talked I would have been happier, the T-Shirt at least will be worn. No clue what I'm supposed to do with an old keyboard though/

miskreeta

quality posts: 3 Private Messages miskreeta

7.1 lb, 20.2 in. x 20 in. x 8.8 in.

1x black duffle bag
1x paper mouse pad
1x box of lip butter balm (4 pcs total)
1x flu & germ kit
1x terrific turkey thermometer
1x large orange shirt
1x ultimotion video game
0x texas air

Thanks woot!

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Where is the envelope!!

Fluffy215

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Fluffy215

Just got my 2.1 lb box of crap!!

No texas air

1 purple reusable bag with sunflower on it

1 Kids Size 8 Woot Green T-Shirt (showing what looks like boy scouts making smores at a campfire)

1 Terrific Turkey Temp Probe

1 Leather Protective Cover for Galaxy Tab

1 Kids Night Out Bingo

and the one item I have not seen yet (not that no one has gotten it yet I just haven't seen it posted yet) is a keychain Bell&Howell Digital Camera (according to Overstock.com it's an $11.99 item LOL)

Thanks woot! What I appreciate the most is seeing more variety than we have been in over a year. Awesome job!!

ksh0550

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksh0550

My first Bouts of Consternation and I got:

1x Sunflower bag
    2x Snap Straws
    1x PlayGear Pocket Skin Kit
    1x Olive Green Tshirt XL
    1x (non)Talking Chuck Norris Doll
    1x fake cordless phone that's really a calculator/alarm clock...with one dirty & dented Chinese battery (but it takes two!)
    1x Pr Kids Socks
    1x Plastic Hula Shotglass
    1x Reader's Digest Flashlight
    1x woot! 2012 Calendar marking when the rest of this year's wootoffs will be

Ok, calm down, I'm just kidding. It does detail all of Woot's milestones though.

Woot's first Bag O' Crap was August 13, 2004.

I got a lot of crap! Thanks Woot!

bjmcrawford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmcrawford

I got my giant 10.5 lb, 25x16x10 box today:

1 purple sunflower bag
2 packs of AAA batteries (which I had been meaning to buy anyway)
3 bars of citrus lime soap (my wife is thrilled, she's been thinking about getting them for a while, unbeknownst to me)
2 over-the-door hangers in blue and orange (Florida colors, yay)
1 Kids size 10 periodic table t-shirt (perfect for my goddaughter.... eventually)
1 turkey timer
and the biggies:
2 core bamboo serving trays in large and extra large. I have no idea if we'll use them or not, but since they retail at $48 and $60 I'm not exactly upset

Thanks, woot!,

sirspa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirspa

1 - T-Shirt Size 10
1 - Bar Crawl Bingo Game
1 - Terrific Turkey Temperature Timer
2 - AAA Sanyo 4-Pack Batteries
1 - Flu & Germ Protection Supplies
1 - Black Duffel Bag
1 - Extremely smelly bar of Soap.
14 - Bags of Texas Air
1 - Ultimotion Sports video game (Wii-Like)
1- 6 week old kitten (was not part of Bouts of Consternation but he jumped in the box anyway)

jsoko

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko

My 2.5 lb box contained:
1x Purple Flower Bag
1x 2 Stuffed Bears and a Cow
1x Terrific Turkey
1x 3XL Green Tee
1x Blue Trendy Budz
1x Fuze Mini Compact Speaker System w/ iPod dock

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

Mine came today, a day earlier than scheduled! My 2.8lb box included:

1 - set of pink ear buds
1 - 3x solid green t-shirt
1 - red leather kindle case
1 - cow with 2 teddy bears riding it
1 - woot! ? paper bag (awesome)
1 - terrific turkey temp probe
1 - round container with binder clips in it, each clip has a word on it and all the clips on top say "CRAP"! love it!

Thanks Colonel and the rest of the woot! staff!!

ksh0550

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksh0550
jsoko wrote:My 2.5 lb box contained:
1x Purple Flower Bag
1x 2 Stuffed Bears and a Cow
1x Terrific Turkey
1x 3XL Green Tee
1x Blue Trendy Budz
1x Fuze Mini Compact Speaker System w/ iPod dock

Hey, how do you post a picture? Thanks!

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
sirspa wrote:
1 - T-Shirt Size 10
1 - Bar Crawl Bingo Game
1 - Terrific Turkey Temperature Timer
2 - AAA Sanyo 4-Pack Batteries
1 - Flu & Germ Protection Supplies
1 - Black Duffel Bag
1 - Extremely smelly bar of Soap.
14 - Bags of Texas Air
1 - Ultimotion Sports video game (Wii-Like)
1- 6 week old kitten (was not part of Bouts of Consternation but he jumped in the box anyway)

What an adorable kitten! You need to train him early to recognize the boxes, since he will be swimming in crap as he grows, if you keep getting Bouts of Consternation!

shelldigity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelldigity

My package wasn't scheduled to arrive until Tuesday, but showed up today! We often get it a day early, but not two business days early. Awesome!

6.8 lbs
16 x 12.5 x 12.6

Contents:
6 bags of Texas air
1 purple bag with sunflower
1 plain, teal men's XL shirt
1 pop-up lawn sprinkler
1 metal watch
1 talking Chuck Norris plushie, doesn't talk
1 package of Sigg water bottle cleaning tablets
1 1 lb bag of rubber bands
1 very used Razer Copperhead mouse, works great
1 CD-ROM drive, manufactured in July 2001. Not sure if it works. We're looking into getting the drive open to see if anything's inside.

You have no idea how happy this box makes me. The CD-ROM will probably go straight to electronics recycling but I just love getting the truly random stuff. Much better than our past few -- it's kinda renewed my love for Woot. Hurray!

I only wish that Chuck Norris talked, but he's still amazing anyway.

talwyn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages talwyn
akwain wrote:So I type in the 3 letter acronym and Woot auto populates it as "Bouts of Consternation". Did they always do that? Here I was thinking everyone was so clever with their acronyms...

Actually, I've never noticed that. I make up my own acronyms, so the ones you see from me are original.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
Un0fficial wrote:Greatest Bouts of Consternation EVER!

2x S107 Heli's
1x Soap
2x Chicken Thermometeres
4x Pack of 4 Sanyo Batteries
1x Shower head thingy
1x Paper Mousepad
1x Bag
1x Baby sized shirt

thats all I can remember right now :P

So another box just came..

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

talwyn

Un0fficial wrote:So another box just came..

... Was that part of your Bike of Coolness too? Dude, that's AWESOME!

Un0fficial

talwyn wrote:... Was that part of your Bike of Coolness too? Dude, that's AWESOME!

Apparently this was apart of my Bouts of Consternation.. I definitely didn't order it :P

Intrepid Wooter
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

talwyn

Un0fficial wrote:Apparently this was apart of my Bouts of Consternation.. I definitely didn't order it :P

Wow, that's awesome. Did you get a tracking number for it, or did it just show up?

Also, I don't think you can use it, because you'll need a helmet and other such safety devices. You're just going to have to send it to me. :P

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
alanhwoot wrote:
A thought on the taciturn Chuck Norris dolls. The screaming monkeys have a tab you have to pull to activate them. Does Chuck have the same thing?

I don't think so. Haven't taken mine out of the sealed plastic bag, though....which thoughtfully has 4 perfectly-punched out airholes for Chuck, btw. (Who knows---maybe I can auction it off as a new-in-bag collector's item in 20 years???)

Anyway, I can feel the hard mechanism when I press on his belly, but see no way to open his clothes or belt area to get to it. (That didn't sound as dirty in my head!)

The attached tag says nothing about how to make him talk, nor issues any warning about containing a battery----just has general warning against 0-5yrs of age d/t "choking hazard--small parts" + for an adult to remove the plastic wrap before giving to a child. (Hmmmm....I wonder if Chuck would be offended for being referred to as having "small parts"???)

But according to the tag, he is apparently supposed to be able to say,
"If at first you don't succeed, you are not Chuck Norris."
"Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he needs."
"Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch. He decides what time it is."
"Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding."
"Chuck Norris is not afraid of death. Death is afraid of Chuck Norris."
"Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him."
"Chuck Norris' smile once brought a puppy back to life."
"There is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist."
"For Halloween, superheroes dress up as Chuck Norris."
and
"Chuck Norris can make a snowman out of rain."

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

codex wrote:Got mine!

I'm not going to open it. Saving it for donation to a silent auction. This will be a test of my resolve, seeing as how the silent auction in question is nine months from now.

NINE MONTHS??!!!

No one EVER waits for NINE MONTHS to find out what a surprise bundle is going to be. It's just not possible.

Oh, wait a minute....

Un0fficial

I guess Ragina just totally looks over comments :P

Intrepid Wooter

ReginaFilangee

bfg9000 wrote:Really Woot!? Using a wootoff to recycle old electronics!

Seems a little beneath you.

Um....no, it's EXACTLY like Woot (at least, back in the olden days of yore.)

canineatheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canineatheart

1 Sunflower shopping bag
1 Box of Sigg bottle-cleaning tablets
1 Woot paper bag
1 pop-up sprinkler
1 Chuck Norris doll
1 Made in China stainless steel watch
1 box of 750 ct. Bendaroos (wax strings for making little sculptures)

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

Yeah, I got a Chuck Norris and I don't see any way to power him up. Woot probably got them for next to nothing since they don't talk. Mine still had a retail price sticker for $16.95, so the stores probably returned them.

I might clean up the old Dell keyboard and resell it. Some people love the old heavy, clicky keyboards. I see this model is selling for around $20 on eBay.

ReginaFilangee

peaceetc wrote:You know what this means, don't you? They were lovers, your giraffe and my donkey. They lived together in domestic bliss at the Woot warehouse, dancing their hearts out to Primetime Sexytime whenever they wanted. It was heaven.

Then, one fateful day, Colonel Crap and his crew came to call. The Colonel knew nothing of the love affair, because he had never seen them together. Who would think two souls from two different species could find true love?

In an effort to fill the many bags of crap, your giraffe was sent one way, and my donkey was sent another. It happened so suddenly, they didn't even get the chance to say good bye.

I don't blame the Colonel. Indeed, no one is really to blame here. It is just the way life goes, sometimes.

So do me this favor, wanderbug2 -- show your giraffe my video. Tell him/her my donkey sends his/her love, and will remember him/her very fondly in his/her heart. Always.

Uh-ohs. Me suspects that one of them might be preggers! Be on the lookout for a girr-key or a donkaffe!!!

That was such a sadly beautiful heart-wrenching love story. *dabs tissue at corner of eye to wipe away my tears*

You might be able to get these 2 star-crossed lovers back together and post their reunion video online so we can all weep with joy together??

erodahs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erodahs

Yeah got mine today and the contents are

1 paper woot bag
1 box of sigg bottle cleaners
1 purple sunflower bag
1 (non talking) talking Chuck doll
(suppose since its Chuck Norris, he doesn't talk till he wants to)
1 xl yellow tee (no graphic)
1 china made watch
1 diva face mit

oh and 2 targus power inverters

ReginaFilangee

kreegah wrote:.....
and 1x Leather protective cover for Kindle, which pairs wonderfully with my 1x leather protective cover for a 7" Galaxy Tab from my LAST bag of crap. Sadly, neither of which pair with a kindle or Galaxy Tab, because I don't own them, so there you go.

Thanks, Woot!

I'm sorry, but this really made me LOL. I feel for you!

ReginaFilangee

Un0fficial wrote:And you never reply to them :P Been waiting for your reply for weeks :O

But I DID reply to you. ???

I know I did. I've always made it a point to reply to all my PM's, but most of those were from back in the "funner" forum days a few years ago.

Edit: Oops, I see I missed one final one, but it was May 22--not exactly "weekS" Mr. Drama King. ;-)
Check your PM box in a minute.

kundogg26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kundogg26

Mine just came - supposed to be delivered on Monday but came a day early.

5 lbs, and so far the best of the three in a row I've managed to snag. My unique items don't need a picture...

-a dozen Titleist golf balls, loose
-opened and nearly complete box of AA batteries
-four 4 packs of AAA batteries
-one bug zapper racket that has already shocked the denial out of me
-three kids size 6 shirts
-one black leather galaxy tab cover
-one turkey timer thermometer
-one purple sunflower tote bag

Thanks Woot! I will be looking for another in the near future.

Not all Martyrs see Divinity

ReginaFilangee

miskreeta wrote:

7.1 lb, 20.2 in. x 20 in. x 8.8 in.

Thanks woot!

Your obligatory cat-in-the-Woot-box is doing a really good job disguising itself as a very adorable Pom.
Your Frenchie looks like it needs a nap, though. Very sleepy-looking eyes.

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2
peaceetc wrote:You know what this means, don't you? They were lovers, your giraffe and my donkey. They lived together in domestic bliss at the Woot warehouse, dancing their hearts out to Primetime Sexytime whenever they wanted. It was heaven.

Then, one fateful day, Colonel Crap and his crew came to call. The Colonel knew nothing of the love affair, because he had never seen them together. Who would think two souls from two different species could find true love?

In an effort to fill the many bags of crap, your giraffe was sent one way, and my donkey was sent another. It happened so suddenly, they didn't even get the chance to say good bye.

I don't blame the Colonel. Indeed, no one is really to blame here. It is just the way life goes, sometimes.

So do me this favor, wanderbug2 -- show your giraffe my video. Tell him/her my donkey sends his/her love, and will remember him/her very fondly in his/her heart. Always.

Everyone should always have one last dance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZkbRQtWVQ&feature=youtu.be

Giraffe says "We'll always have Carrollton..."

ReginaFilangee

Un0fficial wrote:I guess Ragina just totally looks over comments :P

Nope.....I was still several pages back, if you'll notice. I'm having to catch up on this thread a bit at a time, reading in order from page 40 (where I'd left off) to now, in-between doing things here and there. :P
I'm almost caught up now, though! Congrats on your haul. Impressive!!!

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
ReginaFilangee wrote:I don't think so. Haven't taken mine out of the sealed plastic bag, though....which thoughtfully has 4 perfectly-punched out airholes for Chuck, btw. (Who knows---maybe I can auction it off as a new-in-bag collector's item in 20 years???)

Anyway, I can feel the hard mechanism when I press on his belly, but see no way to open his clothes or belt area to get to it. (That didn't sound as dirty in my head!)

The attached tag says nothing about how to make him talk, nor issues any warning about containing a batter----just has general warning against 0-5yrs of age d/t "choking hazard--small parts" + for an adult to remove the plastic wrap before giving to a child. (Hmmmm....I wonder if Chuck would be offended for being referred to as having "small parts"???)

But according to the tag, he is apparently supposed to be able to say,
"If at first you don't succeed, you are not Chuck Norris."
"Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he needs."
"Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch. He decides what time it is."
"Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding."
"Chuck Norris is not afraid of death. Death is afraid of Chuck Norris."
"Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him."
"Chuck Norris' smile once brought a puppy back to life."
"There is no chin behind Chuck Norris' beard. There is only another fist."
"For Halloween, superheroes dress up as Chuck Norris."
and
"Chuck Norris can make a snowman out of rain."

I think the best way of, er, going in would be, well, through his crotch as his pants are black and there is a seam right there. I think my first choice would be the back of his head where the neck is in the hair since the hair would cover up any second hand stitching. All in all though I have to say I'm surprised at how well made my doll is, makes it difficult to decide where to go in with my crummy home-ec sewing skills.

ReginaFilangee

wanderbug2 wrote:Everyone should always have one last dance...

Awwwwwww.....

Y'all are gonna make me cry again. Maybe they can have their own thread where they can keep in contact and we can read about their romance as it unfolds a little bit at a time.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
Un0fficial wrote:So another box just came..

No way!!! Nice one! I wonder if I'm getting more on the way too. They gave me fifteen useless piano manuals for something, I just know it!! >_<

On another note, heres a pic of chuck norris added to my ever-so-growing collection of stuffed toys!

http://instagr.am/p/LYnAHpiWSg/

My melody. Super Mario Mushroom. Vampire Domo. Chuck Norris. Ichigo Kurosaki. Rapunzel Domo (dressed up by sister). And OMG that's a huge Domo on my chair!!

**The above items were not included in bag of crap except for the Chuck Norris doll of awesome.**

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

ReginaFilangee

Tiamat114 wrote:I think the best way of, er, going in would be, well, through his crotch as his pants are black and there is a seam right there. I think my first choice would be the back of his head where the neck is in the hair since the hair would cover up any second hand stitching. All in all though I have to say I'm surprised at how well made my doll is, makes it difficult to decide where to go in with my crummy home-ec sewing skills.

I just don't see anywhere an opening COULD be, in any of the usual places. He seems to be all sewn up, doesn't he? I think it's probably not meant to be a "replaceable" battery. Tag says he was made in China---land of disposable, temporary toys.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
shelldigity wrote:
1 CD-ROM drive, manufactured in July 2001. Not sure if it works. We're looking into getting the drive open to see if anything's inside

You insert a unbent paper clip into the slot (theres a circle hole in the front somewhere around the middle) to manually open the CD-ROM drive.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
wanderbug2 wrote:Everyone should always have one last dance...

Thank the internet gods for their virtual reunion! You've made Donkey weep with joy. And me. Awesome.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

My bundle of cupcakes arrived yesterday and I opened it up today.

I received:
1 bag with sunflower
1 woot question mark bag
1 silver Chinese watch
1 box of sigg bottle cleaner tablets
1 blue fruit of the loom shirt (medium)
1 kershaw compound knife
1 talking Chuck Norris (he chooses not to talk)
1 Diva Darling micro fiber facial mitt
2 odd items of unknown use and origin. Suspected holders for a GPS unit, perhaps?

http://instagr.am/p/LYsH0sKjjr

I am THRILLED with this bushel of cardimum and it might just be my favorite one so far! Thanks Woot!

I'll try and get a closeup pic on here of he mysterious items. Also, my fiance's first box is arriving today and I will use all of my persuasive skills to get her to agree to do an unboxing video as well. :-)

lynnsusan01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnsusan01

This is both my first post and my first bowl of cheerios! It weighed in at 3.5 pounds and included:

1 royal blue tee shirt (L)
1 spitball dartpad (enemy)
1 pinkdiva darling headband
1 bag krave sweet chipotle beef jerky
1 bag krave lemon garlic turkey jerky
1 terrific turkeyprobe
1 vortex drink mixer with 2 batteries

Scoring my first bevy of canaries the day after the death of my mother-in-law really cheered me up. So thanks WOOT!