cepheid666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cepheid666
Un0fficial wrote:So another box just came..

Wow, very nice! I wonder how many Blights of Constipation I'll have to buy to get a bike for my 19-month-old. Of course, he did just get a giant bag of Megabloks from the last Blinged Out Cadillac... can't complain. (Then again, I could use a commuter bike... does Woot even sell those? Never seen one but I'd buy it if they did! Don't think I could really bike to work on a Huffy...)

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
ReginaFilangee wrote:I just don't see anywhere an opening COULD be, in any of the usual places. He seems to be all sewn up, doesn't he? I think it's probably not meant to be a "replaceable" battery. Tag says he was made in China---land of disposable, temporary toys.

Well, whether it was meant to or not, I managed to dig up a seam ripper and went in, but sadly I found the easiest place to get in was the back of Chuck's shirt. I had to remove a ton of stuffing to get at the sound box, only to discover it was sewn into his crotch its own package to keep it in place, which too got the seam ripper. The inside had a very basic little white round sound box which I used the seam ripper to pry open, and apparently it uses 2 LR41 batteries in there to make it work. It was very obviously not intended to be replaced if the first few lines of defense weren't enough, as the batteres themselves were secured in there in such a way that I had to bend back a piece of metal just to be able to slide them out by poking them out of their holders from the other end.

The question is now, if I replace those batteries will Chuck Norris ride again?

jjj48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjj48

My box came today.

1 chuck Norris doll
1 stockholm cow parade stuffed animal
1 spitball dartpad
1 box of 20 sigg bottle clean tablets
1 green blanket with sleeve
1 Xl maroon fruit of loom shirt
1 purple sunflower reusable bag

Thanks woot.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
Tiamat114 wrote:Well, whether it was meant to or not, I managed to dig up a seam ripper and went in, but sadly I found the easiest place to get in was the back of Chuck's shirt. I had to remove a ton of stuffing to get at the sound box, only to discover it was sewn into his crotch its own package to keep it in place, which too got the seam ripper. The inside had a very basic little white round sound box which I used the seam ripper to pry open, and apparently it uses 2 LR41 batteries in there to make it work. It was very obviously not intended to be replaced if the first few lines of defense weren't enough, as the batteres themselves were secured in there in such a way that I had to bend back a piece of metal just to be able to slide them out by poking them out of their holders from the other end.

Chuck's gonna kick.yer.ass for carving into his crotch. Question is, if you DO get him to talk again....will it be a higher-pitched voice now that he's been castrated?
Keep us posted. Inquiring minds want to know.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman
joshobra wrote:No way!!! Nice one! I wonder if I'm getting more on the way too. They gave me fifteen useless piano manuals for something, I just know it!! >_<

On another note, heres a pic of chuck norris added to my ever-so-growing collection of stuffed toys!

http://instagr.am/p/LYnAHpiWSg/

My melody. Super Mario Mushroom. Vampire Domo. Chuck Norris. Ichigo Kurosaki. Rapunzel Domo (dressed up by sister). And OMG that's a huge Domo on my chair!!

**The above items were not included in bag of crap except for the Chuck Norris doll of awesome.**

Very nice collection. I have a giant domo too but it's pink. I also have a mini domo and a bunch of gamer related stuff..like a big $40 master chief figure.

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
Tiamat114 wrote:Well, whether it was meant to or not, I managed to dig up a seam ripper and went in, but sadly I found the easiest place to get in was the back of Chuck's shirt. I had to remove a ton of stuffing to get at the sound box, only to discover it was sewn into his crotch its own package to keep it in place, which too got the seam ripper. The inside had a very basic little white round sound box which I used the seam ripper to pry open, and apparently it uses 2 LR41 batteries in there to make it work. It was very obviously not intended to be replaced if the first few lines of defense weren't enough, as the batteres themselves were secured in there in such a way that I had to bend back a piece of metal just to be able to slide them out by poking them out of their holders from the other end.

If replacing the batteries works, you could make ANYTHING sound like Chuck Norris (just a thought)!

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
mossygreen wrote:If replacing the batteries works, you could make ANYTHING sound like Chuck Norris (just a thought)!

You sir, are a genius. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

flamesedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamesedge

I'm pretty happy with my haul.

1x purple flower bag
1x watch
1x M blue shirt (finally got the right size from a carp)
1x Chuck Norris
1x Diva Darlings headband
1x Sigg water bottle tablets

and finally:
1x Fresh n Pure Bottled Water Maker

That combined with the water bottle cleaners made me very happy, because I drink a lot of water from my two bottles (one of which was from a previous crap).

Also as I was inspecting my loot I noticed something funny on the watch.

One of these numerals isn't quite right...

rsimms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsimms

It's weird, but common.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals#.22IIII.22_on_clocks

flamesedge wrote:I'm pretty happy with my haul.

1x purple flower bag
1x watch
1x Chuck Norris

and finally:

That combined with the water bottle cleaners made me very happy, because I drink a lot of water from my two bottles (one of which was from a previous crap).

ajf2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajf2k

I have a 35.4 pound (25.7" x 16.7" x 10.8") Bucket of Chum arriving Tuesday!

bill7718

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bill7718

My Bouts of Consternation was scheduled for delivery today but I thought it would be Monday since our front office is closed on Saturdays and tracking info showed it still in transit from Houston.

I had to go into the office today and stopped at a store a few blocks away. The postman was inside scratching lotto tickets and I almost asked him if he had my Bouts of Consternation

I get to the office and about 5 minutes later the postman shows up and says, "I saw you at the store and thought you probably wanted your Bunch of Change."

How cool is that? He gets my vote for postman of the year.

Meanwhile, the Bouts of Consternation is sitting in my office waiting for Monday so the rest of the office staff can share my joy or disappointment of its contents. Will report back on Monday.

digidorm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages digidorm

I got four of these:

If you're wondering what they are (like I was)... I took it completely apart and after half-hour of Googling, I'm pretty sure it's a replacement vehicle cradle for a Garmin 800-series GPS.

This Amazon Link seems to be the product, except with an extra port, making me wonder if the Woot-provided cradles are an old revision.

I've been here longer than WootBot.

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
digidorm wrote:I got four of these:

If you're wondering what they are (like I was)... I took it completely apart and after half-hour of Googling, I'm pretty sure it's a replacement vehicle cradle for a Garmin 800-series GPS.

This Amazon Link seems to be the product, except with an extra port, making me wonder if the Woot-provided cradles are an old revision.

THANK YOU! I have two and was wondering what they were. Much appreciated!

ReginaFilangee

flamesedge wrote:

Hahahahahaha.....I had to look at it twice before I caught it.

Catawaba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Catawaba
crickee wrote:The dead battery isnt keeping Chuck Norris from talking. Chuck Norris is keeping the battery from being charged.

+1

What was I thinking?

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

1.9 pounder showed up, 3 days early! Here is the haul, similar to many, but great fun nonetheless!

1x Red T-shirt, small
1x Diva Facial Mitt
1x Watch with Mesh Band (yes, Roman numeral IIII!)
1x Kindle Cover (wife was jealous of those getting one in the last Crap - Thanks Colonel it will be put to good use!)
1x Chuck Norris Doll, not talking (will go on the Woot Shelf of Fame)
1x Bottle Cleaning Tablets (to go with the Sigg bottle we got several Bouts of Consternation ago)
1x Purple Bag with Flower
6x Bags of Texas Air

Nice assortment for a box on the light side, and a few things that we can actually use! Thank you Woot Gods and ColonelCrap!

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo

Just opened my box...
(shipped 05/31, received 06/02)

1x - Large Yellow? Jerzees T-shirt
1x - Small black duffel
1x - broken inflatable twin bed
0x - bags =[
0x - Texas air

afurball

quality posts: 16 Private Messages afurball

Received mine today - thanks for the great crap!

- Two 2-Packs of FireWire grilling skewers
- Sunflower bag - purple
- Navy T-Shirt
- Perfect Turkey quasi-unitasking cooking thermometer
- Smell-o-riffic (in a good way) extra virgin olive oil soap
- Flu & Germ Protection Supplies, including...
* 4 ear loop face masks
* 1 pr vinyl exam gloves
* hand sanitizer
* "Preventing the Spread of Germs" Information Guide

If that thermometer is accurate it will make a fine dedicated accessory for smoking turkey.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
teevoo wrote:Just opened my box...

1x - Small black duffel
0x - bags =[
0x - Texas air

You were shorted. Email Woot and tell them what you did and didn't receive. I bet they'll make it right.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

QUARTERMASTER BUDDY JACKSON GUARDING THE RATIONS TILL OPENING TIME AROUND 20:30 HOURS OR SO ON MY CHANNEL BELOW.

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92
teevoo wrote:Just opened my box...

1x - Small black duffel
0x - bags =[
0x - Texas air

If you only received two items and the duffel (counts as a bag) you can email service@woot.com and they can send you another item.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000

Still stuck in New Berlin, the Crap blackhole of the universe.

Pay attention around 25 seconds into it:
All Your Crap Are Belong To Us

If it takes much longer, someone will have to convert this one:
All your Base

rossa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rossa

Got my Bouts of Consternation two days earlier than expected.

1 black duffel bag
1 XL plain brown t-shirt
1 side sleeper pro (reminds me of the hugging pillow: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Dream-Man-Arm-Pillow/5894513/product.html)
0 Texas Air

Was so hopeful of a Chuck Norris doll, but I suppose I can comfort myself in my creepy pillow.

sarahouston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahouston
rossa wrote:Got my Bouts of Consternation two days earlier than expected.

1 black duffel bag
1 XL plain brown t-shirt
1 side sleeper pro (reminds me of the hugging pillow: http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Dream-Man-Arm-Pillow/5894513/product.html)
0 Texas Air

Was so hopeful of a Chuck Norris doll, but I suppose I can comfort myself in my creepy pillow.

That is too funny! I haven't gotten my Bunch of Change yet, but I really want a Chuck Norris and a cow!

Catawaba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Catawaba
flamesedge wrote:I'm pretty happy with my haul.

1x purple flower bag
1x watch
1x Chuck Norris

and finally:

The 4 is goofy

What was I thinking?

ReginaFilangee

rossa wrote:Got my Bouts of Consternation two days earlier than expected.

1 black duffel bag
1 XL plain brown t-shirt
0 Texas Air

You were shorted also: that's one bag and only 2 craps. You're supposed to get at least 3 plus the bag. Email Woot with a list of what you got, and they'll send you a another piece of crap.

Btw, I've bought 3 pair of those side-sleeoer pillows. I LOVE THEM!!!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

Chuck Norris speaks! Enjoy! I opened him up, replaced the batteries and soldered the speaker connection.

jjj48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjj48
Catawaba wrote:The 4 is goofy

I've seen some expensive watches are marked llll instead of IV on purpose.

ReginaFilangee

WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:
QUARTERMASTER BUDDY JACKSON GUARDING THE RATIONS TILL OPENING TIME AROUND 20:30 HOURS OR SO ON MY CHANNEL BELOW.

LOL! I feel certain that the Colonel would approve!

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx
ReginaFilangee wrote:LOL! I feel certain that the Colonel would approve!

I agree!! I certainly hope The Col would approve at least!!! I think that pic deserves a Quiet Protest. Trained Attack Cat Guarding The Bouts of Consternation !!!!
~~Jinx

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:

"Trained attack cat"

oh god that's priceless!

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
mlsapack wrote:Chuck Norris speaks! Enjoy! I opened him up, replaced the batteries and soldered the speaker connection.

That is terrific!!
And where is the guide how this is accomplished?

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 6 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot
ReginaFilangee wrote:You were shorted also: that's one bag and only 2 craps. You're supposed to get at least 3 plus the bag. Email Woot with a list of what you got, and they'll send you a another piece of crap.

I didn't get any bags or any craps. Does that mean I was shorted as well?

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

what happened to bogie21

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

First timer here - this is my haul...

1 Hell is other people notebook
1 Leather Kindle cover
1 Trendy Budz
1 3x Green Tshirt
1 Stainless steel China watch
and (drumroll please...)

A Herrington Teddy Bears 2006 Cow Parade Super Cow!

My bag was the Woot paper bag, which bummed me out slightly as I was REALLY hoping to get one of those sunflower bags it seems everyone else is getting - sunflowers are my favorite!

Anyone wanna trade their sunflower bag for a leather kindle case or cheap watch?

mossygreen

DaveInSoCal wrote:You sir, are a genius. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I am a female-type person, but I will gladly accept your honorific in the spirit intended.

If I ever start up a newsletter, you are definitely on the mailing list. I just have to find a mimeograph machine and one of those really long staplers... maybe in the next bag....

mossygreen

jmgenens wrote:First timer here - this is my haul...

1 Hell is other people notebook
1 Leather Kindle cover
1 Trendy Budz
1 3x Green Tshirt
1 Stainless steel China watch
and (drumroll please...)

A Herrington Teddy Bears 2006 Cow Parade Super Cow!

My bag was the Woot paper bag, which bummed me out slightly as I was REALLY hoping to get one of those sunflower bags it seems everyone else is getting - sunflowers are my favorite!

Anyone wanna trade their sunflower bag for a leather kindle case or cheap watch?

I would trade the sunflower bag for the woot bag. But I understand if that price is too high.

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

1x purple flower bag
1x silver watch
1x XL green shirt
1x Chuck Norris non talking doll(but its so awesome anyway)
1x Diva Darlings facial mitt
1x 4pack iGo green rechargeable AA batteries
1x Kershaw Burst folding knife
1x Sog Powerlock EOD multitool

Pretty great bag this time around. Thanks Woot!

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
mlsapack wrote:Chuck Norris speaks! Enjoy! I opened him up, replaced the batteries and soldered the speaker connection.

You are a genius! It was great of Chuck Norris to allow you to repair him. It was by his will, naturally.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

turbomog007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turbomog007

My Balloon of Creme (23.7 in. x 12.6 in. x 12.2 in. 8.4lbs) came in the mail today

I got:
flu protection kit
purple sunflower bag
2 packs of AAA batteries
box of "Peace scented" soap (3 bars)
box of shea butter lip balm (4 packs)
over the door hanger
Tux shirt (kids size 8)
turkey timer
paper mousepad
Tetris Link board game