Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Seriously this has to be one of the best Bouts of Consternation#39;s I've seen given out in about a year or two... Hope they're like this from here on out

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

Paverbart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paverbart
Prateek00 wrote:how many pounds was your box?

20"x20"x8", 6.8 pounds

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

Bogie21 please respond

alphasumit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphasumit

Did anyone get a letter this time??

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
Dman27 wrote:what happened to bogie21

Yeah....that's what I wanna know. I just now realized we hadn't gotten another update and came back to check; saw your post asking the same thing.

Bogie21, where are you???

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

jmgenens wrote:First timer here - this is my haul...

1 Hell is other people notebook
1 Leather Kindle cover
1 Trendy Budz
1 3x Green Tshirt
1 Stainless steel China watch
and (drumroll please...)

A Herrington Teddy Bears 2006 Cow Parade Super Cow!

My bag was the Woot paper bag, which bummed me out slightly as I was REALLY hoping to get one of those sunflower bags it seems everyone else is getting - sunflowers are my favorite!

Anyone wanna trade their sunflower bag for a leather kindle case or cheap watch?

Ooooooooh, I would have so much preferred to get the Woot question mark paper bag instead of the sunflower bag I did get!

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens
mossygreen wrote:I would trade the sunflower bag for the woot bag. But I understand if that price is too high.

See, I'd actually use the sunflower bag, whereas the Woot paper bag while cool, will only be gathering dust or taking up space in a box somewhere... or ultimately end up in a horrible paper recycling accident where it's mistaken for it's lesser cousins and shipped off to the great beyond. I'm up for a swap if you are - if nothing else to secure this cute little bag's destiny!

Sorry ReginaFilangee - gotta go with first dibs .

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

I don't have Facebook, and if I did I would not have any friends.
Someone once told me that people post pictures of themselves lying prone on different things.
They called it "planking".
So I give to you Jackson the cat planking on the Boxes of Contentment.

We got:
2.5 Pounds
1 Rust Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt
1 Purple Sunflower Bag
1 TMI Rubber Stamp
1 Spitball Dartboard (Excuses)
1 Chuck Norris Doll
1 Metal Watch (Roman Numerals)
1 Black Leather Kindle Case

3.2 Pounds
1 Brown Jerzees XL T-Shirt
1 Purple Sunflower Bag
1 Diva Darling Facial Mitt
1 SIGG 20 Tablet Water Bottle Cleaner
1 Spitball Dartboard (Procrastination)
1 Chuck Norris Doll
2 Garmin 800-series GPS Vehicle Cradle
1 3' Coax Cable
1 3' A/V Cable
1 1 lb bag of rubber bands

Thanks Woot! and Colonel.

ReginaFilangee

jmgenens wrote:See, I'd actually use the sunflower bag, whereas the Woot paper bag while cool, will only be gathering dust or taking up space in a box somewhere... or ultimately end up in a horrible paper recycling accident where it's mistaken for it's lesser cousins and shipped off to the great beyond. I'm up for a swap if you are - if nothing else to secure this cute little bag's destiny!

No prob....that's why I didn't ask. I'm sure that mossygreen will give that little bag a good home.
(Plus, I didn't really want to have to pay to mail one bag just to get the other one, LOL......but I do understand how you'd want the sunflower bag since you really like the flowers. Just be aware: it's not canvas or anything very sturdy. It's made out of the same stuff like those recycling shopping totes you can get at the grocery store for a dollar. The people who got the really "good" bags this time are those who got the duffels, imo.)

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:
QUARTERMASTER BUDDY JACKSON GUARDING THE RATIONS TILL OPENING TIME AROUND 20:30 HOURS OR SO ON MY CHANNEL BELOW.

EPIC WIN! I loved the sign and everything!

mlsapack wrote:Chuck Norris speaks! Enjoy! I opened him up, replaced the batteries and soldered the speaker connection.

D: Was it hard to do? I want to replace mines too!

Is it just me, or he sounds a lot like Dark Vader. XD

abitterwoman wrote:Very nice collection. I have a giant domo too but it's pink. I also have a mini domo and a bunch of gamer related stuff..like a big $40 master chief figure.

Thank you! Nice! I have a Super Mario figure about a foot tall and a bunch of anime related figures as well. I'd want to get myself a master chief figure too! How big is it and how does it look like? I'm gonna look through eBay now, haha.

I seriously want my room to look like Danny Choo's room or at least have a Storm Trooper and a Master Chief helmet on my shelf. My life would be half complete. Haha.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:I don't have Facebook, and if I did I would not have any friends.

I'd be your friend, Wootsuppp.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

ReginaFilangee

WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:
So I give to you Jackson the cat planking on the Boxes of Contentment.

Jackson is one very wooterific cat!!!!

BentProp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BentProp

My 2.2 pounder came in today! Nothing spectacular but not the worst one I've recieved.

3xl Plain Green T-shirt
A set of Pink Earbuds
A Turkey Thermometer
Set of Binder Clips (with crap,caca,etc printed on them)
Red Leather Kindle Cover
Black Caped Woot Monkey
A Paper Woot Bag

mossygreen

quality posts: 73 Private Messages mossygreen
jmgenens wrote:See, I'd actually use the sunflower bag, whereas the Woot paper bag while cool, will only be gathering dust or taking up space in a box somewhere... or ultimately end up in a horrible paper recycling accident where it's mistaken for it's lesser cousins and shipped off to the great beyond. I'm up for a swap if you are - if nothing else to secure this cute little bag's destiny!

I am up for this trade! But be warned: 1. It will be gathering dust or in a box somewhere, that is how I treasure things. 2. ReginaFilangee is correct that the sunflower bag is made out of that fake material from water bottles or something, and it's also a little wrinkled.

dracodrago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dracodrago
jmgenens wrote:First timer here - this is my haul...

1 Hell is other people notebook
1 Leather Kindle cover
1 Trendy Budz
1 3x Green Tshirt
1 Stainless steel China watch
and (drumroll please...)

A Herrington Teddy Bears 2006 Cow Parade Super Cow!

My bag was the Woot paper bag, which bummed me out slightly as I was REALLY hoping to get one of those sunflower bags it seems everyone else is getting - sunflowers are my favorite!

Anyone wanna trade their sunflower bag for a leather kindle case or cheap watch?

Does the kindle case fit the kindle fire? lol I could trade my purple sunflower bag if you want a second one and if it fits the kindle fire

lmensor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lmensor
BentProp wrote:My 2.2 pounder came in today! Nothing spectacular but not the worst one I've recieved.

3xl Plain Green T-shirt
A set of Pink Earbuds
A Turkey Thermometer
Red Leather Kindle Cover
Black Caped Woot Monkey
A Paper Woot Bag

Mine had everything yours had except for the monkey, I got a cow instead!

jon98gn

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jon98gn

Reporting my 3.2 lb..

1 XL Red Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt - Donation to a cousin
1 Purple Sunflower Bag - Can always use more.
1 6-Pack of Eggies (boil egg whites?) My wife prefers egg whites only so this may work, although she prefers me to scramble rather than boil.
1 Loose Pack of standard envelopes with birthday balloons (8 or so) Umm... not sure
1 PSP skins Junk.
1 metal water bottle
2 Snap Straws
1 Woot 2012 Calendar

All in all some great crap. I'll definately put the water bottle to use so just getting that was worth it.

Thanks Woot!

\

ClarkVent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ClarkVent

Mine arrived today.

2 x Bottle Openers, 2 pack (@ $1.49 = $2.99)
1 x Terrific Turkey Thermometer ($4.50)
2 x Flu & Germ Protection Supplies ($3.98)
1 x Spitball Dartpad ($8.00)
1 x 3-in-1 Cork Screw ($1.99)
1 x Extra Virgin Olive Soap ($5,00)
1 x Unidentifiable Acer Thingy (small, looks like an antenna)
1 x Unidentifiable RCA cable
1 x Sunflower bag

I don't think I'm going to try for another BofC again. Not that I didn't get my $8 worth because I did (although barely), but it's all stuff that goes straight to the trash can. Yes, I know, I bought crap so crap is what I'm going to get. But it used to be fun crap and of the last three BofCs I got, I ended up throwing everything away because I couldn't even give it away (nobody wanted it)...

That together with the fact that the last 5 (new, not refurbished) items or so I bought from Woot were defective (Sanyo Xacti HD Camcorder, VuPoint Film & Slide Converter, Rechargeable light, Power Drill, Laser Pointers - all defective), I think this might have been my last visit to Woot.

alexxxz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alexxxz

Got my box today!

1x Purple Sunflower Bag
1x Chuck Norris Doll
1x XL Green shirt
1x Skins for PSP case
1x Expansion Remote for LightMinder system

and then the truly random..

1x Power cord for tv or desktop or something?
1x Proscan Remote control for a tv or blu ray player
and 16x Installer DVDs for M-Audio Session version: 1.6.3!

Maybe the Cord and Remote go to a new TV that is on it's way???

I can only hope!!

otterbeez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages otterbeez
ClarkVent wrote:Mine arrived today.

1 x Sunflower bag

I don't think I'm going to try for another BofC again. Not that I didn't get my $8 worth because I did (although barely), but it's all stuff that goes straight to the trash can. Yes, I know, I bought crap so crap is what I'm going to get. But it used to be fun crap and of the last three BofCs I got, I ended up throwing everything away because I couldn't even give it away (nobody wanted it)...

That together with the fact that the last 5 (new, not refurbished) items or so I bought from Woot were defective (Sanyo Xacti HD Camcorder, VuPoint Film & Slide Converter, Rechargeable light, Power Drill, Laser Pointers - all defective), I think this might have been my last visit to Woot.

I found your post to be a little surprising.
Among other things you got germ fighting supplies, soap, and even a timer to guard against the perils of eating undercooked poultry. You should feel pretty special. Woot cares about you! Personally! And wishes to preserve your life!
Really though, I figure a big part of the fun of getting a Bunch of Change is finding creative things to do with the inevitable crap. It’s an opportunity to exercise ingenuity. If nothing else have a yard sale and set up a free table. I got rid of a box of random cables that way and I guess I made someone happy.
But of course, sit out if you like…more crappiness for me.

ClarkVent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ClarkVent
otterbeez wrote:I found your post to be a little surprising.
Among other things you got germ fighting supplies, soap, and even a timer to guard against the perils of eating undercooked poultry. You should feel pretty special. Woot cares about you!

Personally, I think they are mocking my personal hygiene since it's pretty much the same what I got in my last 2 BofCs.

In all seriousness, the thing is that in yonder years a BofC always contained stuff that was either odd, semi-broken, expensive or a combination thereof. In any case, it was always worth way more than the $8 you spent. There's a reason why the BofC is (was) so incredibly popular. Because you always felt incredibly lucky you were able to score cool things for a ridiculously low price. Nowadays, most people barely get their money worth and it looks like instead of filling the boxes with left-overs from their wharehouse, they made a trip to the dollar store.

The BofC is like senior sex. It's still fun - just not as much fun as it used to be.

Brandnew11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandnew11
BentProp wrote:My 2.2 pounder came in today! Nothing spectacular but not the worst one I've recieved.

3xl Plain Green T-shirt
A set of Pink Earbuds
A Turkey Thermometer
Red Leather Kindle Cover
Black Caped Woot Monkey
A Paper Woot Bag

Same exact thing but different color shirt (yellow) and earbuds (purple).

Most of these things are going to my mom lol.

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
ClarkVent wrote:Mine arrived today.

1 x Sunflower bag

Goodwill or Salvation Army. I keep a box in my closet that I slowly load with stuff to donate, then once its full off it goes. Between mine and my mother Bouts of Consternation we topped off the box and it'll be making it's way to the goodwill dropoff soon.

Bouts of Consternation is more for the excitement and joy of receiving and opening it, and less of the actually what you get, at least for me.

argent32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages argent32

For those of you with 'silent' Chuck Norris stuffed action hero's

Remember...no one can make Chuck Norris talk, when he has something to say he'll tell you with a roundhouse kick to the ear.

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92

I'm really happy for those of you who have their brick of carbonite already. Mine says 1 lb, 6.93x6.93x6.93 and has said "Departed from Dallas, TX" since June 1st. Any chance it could update today? I imagine it's in Atlanta by now (the second stop before it reaches my area).

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4

For those who got a woot! bag with the question mark, message me if you want to sell it. I'll buy it from you for a fair price.

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21
teevoo wrote:Just opened my box...
(shipped 05/31, received 06/02)

1x - Large Yellow? Jerzees T-shirt
1x - Small black duffel
1x - broken inflatable twin bed
0x - bags =[
0x - Texas air

I'm pretty sure a duffel bag counts as a big lol. But looks like you only got 2 craps.

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
sarahouston wrote:That is too funny! I haven't gotten my Bunch of Change yet, but I really want a Chuck Norris and a cow!

Those side pillows are fantastic for watching tv while laying on the sofa.

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21
Dman27 wrote:what happened to bogie21

There are 3 possible solutions to the disappearance of bogie21 and the mysterious "fedex letter from 'woot'"

1) Upon extreme excitement of actually getting an order in for a Bunch of Change, he mixes up tracking numbers with another incoming item from fedex, and assumes it to be from woot. Upon opening it and seeing a home loan modification denial by his or her bank (very common these days), they feel extreme embarrassment and feel that they cannot return to the Bunch of Change thread after giving everyone a rush.
2) The letter was indeed a letter from woot, which read that if he reveals the contents of the letter to the thread before X date, the letter will self destruct and he will not receive his woot-super-item. Therefore, the anticipation causes the thread to surpass the almighty 100 page count.
3) He tried to scan the letter and it did indeed self destruct.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

Got home late last night and found my Bouts of Consternation right where my daughter had saved it for me, unopened, as requested. Waited past midnight for her to get home from her date so we could open it together. Finally gave up and went to bed. This morning she's sleeping late and I can't wait any longer. Here's the haul:

2 full bags of Texas Air

1 small black duffle bag that will get used today as we head down for a day on the boat

1 kids Woot Shirt, size 8 - I don't recall this design, but the shirt is dark gray and the picture looks like it's based on Mexico's Day of the Dead. I have a nephew who should love this one.

1 black leather protective case for a Galaxy Tab (now I need the Galaxy Tab, please!)

1 of the Terrific Turkey Timers that so many of you got

1 Kids Night Out Bingo game (will gift this to a friend at work with 5 year old twins, I think)

And one thing I haven't seen posted yet, a Bell & Howell mini-digital camera with case, battery, users guide, etc. Don't know how well it will work, but it's about 1.5 inches wide x 1 inch tall x 0.5 inches deep and a battery was included so it could be fun.

Nice haul! And my new rescue kitty is already enjoying the box (of course)!

Thanks Woot!

crickee

[quote postid="5029384" user="robey21"]There are 3 possible solutions to the disappearance of bogie21 and the mysterious "fedex letter from 'woot'"
[quote]

You forgot one...

The envelope contained a very angry Chuck Norris doll.

ndh206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndh206

Looks like I'm in for a 21.2 lb package tomorrow, anyone receive something with a similar weight?

crickee

BelyndaG wrote:

And one thing I haven't seen posted yet, a Bell & Howell mini-digital camera with case, battery, users guide, etc. Don't know how well it will work, but it's about 1.5 inches wide x 1 inch tall x 0.5 inches deep and a battery was included so it could be fun.

Someone else got one earlier in the thread (as did I but I havent posted my load yet as Im trying to keep up on all these posts!). These were given out in quite a few of the bags from the last BOC. If you want to put in some effort to find the discussion board from that BOC then you can see some sample photos others took with it.

Spoiler alert: The quality is slightly grainy and it makes most of your pictures have a sepia type feel. Hey if it works for Instagram right? Its still cute and fits in your pocket for those moments where you dont want to risk taking a camera but just might want to save a moment.

jsoko

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jsoko
ksh0550 wrote:Hey, how do you post a picture? Thanks!

Check out the
formatting guide

crickee

My 3.6lbs haul arrived early! Here is what the bulldogs and I were blessed with:

1. Dr Adorable love potion kids woot shirt size 6 (No clue what im going to do with this)$15.00
  2. Books- No electricity required kids woot shirt size 6(Whatever i figure out to do with the first one, ill probably do with this one too)$15.00
  3. Bell+Howell mini digital camera w/flash(This will be great when I go tubing, always want photos but am scared to take my real camera)$15.00
  4. 4 pack Sanyo batteries (Can never have enough of these)$3.99
  5. Another 4 pack Sanyo batteries (Woot saving me a trip to the store for batteries-priceless!)$3.99
  6. 7in Galaxy Tablet case (Ive got a Kindle Fire so this wont work for me but Im sure I can gift this to someone. Its nice)$29.99
  7. Terrific Turkey Timer(This is one of those items I couldnt justify paying for but am dying to try!)$7.94
  8. Chocolate Strawberry Donut lipgloss makeup 2pc set (I never knew lipgloss was so expensive) $10.10
  9. Gwen's Nest Purple with Sunflowers tote bag. The only places I found this bag online was woot related from prior BOC's so Im estimating this at the cost I could buy a bag like this at my local grocery store. (I like it. It has sunflowers on all sides, it's cute. I'll use it when I remember to take it grocery shopping)$1.99

*edit* Oh! Mutating Goodness I almost forgot two of the funnest items in my load! I saw others get these in the past and am super excited to get two of my own!
  10. Outdoor Origins Bug Zapper Racquet $5.99 (Texas flies, Look out!)
  11. Another Outdoor Origins bug Zapper Racquet $5.99 (I'm dual wielding these suckers!)

A great haul indeed. Thanks for everything Woot! And thanks wootizens for keeping me entertained while we waited.

Im not leaving yet as I love to be a part of everyone's excitement but I figured this was a good time to give my thanks!

jhrdy724

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhrdy724

12x9x9 4.6lbs Bouts of Consternation delivered to my office yesterday. If you gotta go to the office on a Sunday, atleast its a good reason!

Contained:
1x purple sunflower shopping bag
1x Paper Mousepad
1x Flu & Germ Kit
1x S Canary with flute guy inside t-shirt
1x Fun Foot Flush
1x AAA battery 4-pack
1x Galaxy Tab cover
1x Turkey Probe

Bogie21 must have been recruited for a top secret woot mission...

shelldigity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shelldigity
joshobra wrote:You insert a unbent paper clip into the slot (theres a circle hole in the front somewhere around the middle) to manually open the CD-ROM drive.

My husband took on the task yesterday as I was posting. He looked up the paper clip thing, but after scouring the whole house, we realized we didn't have one. He tried a safety pin but that didn't work (probably wasn't long enough). We had no use for the drive and it didn't sound like it was in good shape anyway (it rattled with loose parts upon shaking) so we just decided to take it apart. Sadly, nothing was inside, but the rattling parts were related to the mechanism that opens and closes the drive. It wouldn't have been able to fully open.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

It seems these craps are very similar to the last craps... i like different craps.

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Please remember that you're only gauranteed at least 3 craps. The "Duffle" bags you get is considered a bag, not a crap. If you only get a duffle or a tote and 2 craps, email their customer service.

But the main thing I wanted to make this post about is that the duffles and totes are considered the bag. You will ALWAYS get some sort of bag. I have so many duffles and totes now its angry mob =/

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

mikebbass

quality posts: 21 Private Messages mikebbass

I'm back, did I miss anything

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Basket of Cranberries 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Basket of Cranberries 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12