Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

This is new, I think. Although my Bouts of Consternation was shipped Fedex Smartpost, and was turned over to the USPS on Saturday, Fedex is still tracking it. The status is 'out for delivery'. Used to be I had to login to FedEx, see the status 'Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery', then login to USPS and give them the tracking #, whereupon USPS would tell me 'out for delivery'. Did FedEx and USPS decide to play nice with each other? I'm hoping for a cow; moooove it, USPS!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
Jessara wrote:This is new, I think. Although my Bouts of Consternation was shipped Fedex Smartpost, and was turned over to the USPS on Saturday, Fedex is still tracking it. The status is 'out for delivery'. Used to be I had to login to FedEx, see the status 'Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery', then login to USPS and give them the tracking #, whereupon USPS would tell me 'out for delivery'. Did FedEx and USPS decide to play nice with each other? I'm hoping for a cow; moooove it, USPS!

Uhh... I've always tracked mine via fedex even when it was turned over to usps. o.O

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

Jessara

Un0fficial wrote:Uhh... I've always tracked mine via fedex even when it was turned over to usps. o.O

Hmm. I did just recently change my 'My FedEx' account to the new version; perhaps that did it. I've always been able to see dimensions/weight, so that's apparently the only thing that changed. I like it. Now I'm fighting the urge to hunt down the mail truck.

mrvoodoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrvoodoo

We got ours this morning. I won't take pictures since there are several bags like it, but we got:

1 3XL blue Jerzees t-shirt
1 pair blue ear phones (oldest son stole them)
1 Sanyo camera case
1 spitball dartboard
1 ladies watch
1 Mooflower (youngest son loved his cowship)
1 purple sunflower bag

...and I believe that's it. Not a bad haul at all. Thanks Woot!

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
Norimw wrote:Wow, really? I only recall I found was on the chicken jerky.

I have been feeding my dogs those exact small Dingo bones for 10 years. They were NOT recalled. The ones that were recalled were with the batch of Chicken Tenders treats. I fed mine those once years ago, and they got sick the next AM, so I never gave them another one.

The Dingo bones are not only safe, mine are munching and wagging with them right now!

Link to info about the Chicken Jerky only recall.http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/newpetfoodrecalls/brand_list.cfm?Trade_Name=DINGO&pet=Dog

teamstortz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamstortz

Just saw this on deals.woot. Finally an answer to the envelope question!
Deals.Woot Post

Woot purchases list removed due to insane length.

bteeteriu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bteeteriu

I got mine! A day early too!!!

7.8lbs 20.2"x20"x8.8"

1x Black Duffel
1x Purple Sunflower Bag
1x Orange Tee (sz L)
1x Clean Marina koozie
1x Cafe Bingo
1x Paper Mousepad
1x Flu and Germ Protection Supplies
4x "One" Shea My Lips lip balm
2x Terrific Turkey
1x Ultimotion motion controlled video game

I'm extremely happy. I wish I could post a picture. The koozie just goes so well with my collection. I am a firm believer that every home should have a "koozie drawer" and it is almost as if the good folks at Woot! knew that. Also, I thought all the ULTIMOTION game systems must have been given away a long time ago but I'm so happy they weren't!

Best. Crap. Ever.

talwyn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages talwyn
ragnarok2334 wrote:Thats cool, a hobby-grade helicopter. 179.99 at tower hobbies. Great score, i'm jealous

I didn't bother to look up price, but... Wowzers! I know what I'm doing this upcoming weekend!

theQueenZ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theQueenZ
RNLori wrote:I have been feeding my dogs those exact small Dingo bones for 10 years. They were NOT recalled. The ones that were recalled were with the batch of Chicken Tenders treats. I fed mine those once years ago, and they got sick the next AM, so I never gave them another one.

The Dingo bones are not only safe, mine are munching and wagging with them right now!

Link to info about the Chicken Jerky only recall.http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/newpetfoodrecalls/brand_list.cfm?Trade_Name=DINGO&pet=Dog

So sorry for the misplaced alarm. All I dug out of my tiny brain was that Dingo bones had been recalled. I have doggies of my own and am careful about what they eat.

Snack on Doggies.

My Bouts of Consternation was suppose to be delivered today but hasn't made in to the post office yet :/

brumbie13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brumbie13

Here's what I got

One Purple Sunflower Bag
One Galaxy Tab Leather Case
Two Electronic Bugzappers
Two Packs of batteries
One Turkey Temperature Gauge
Two Size 6 Kids Portal Shirts
One Cupcake-shaped Chapstick

Overall, it was much more random and exciting that my first Banjo of Critterdom was.

Prateek00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Prateek00

I get mine today which is 2 days early pretty exited but have to wait till 6pm est when I get home mines 10.2lbs

zanntac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanntac

Woot is my hero! I have twin 3 1/2 year olds and they have a Thomas obsession. Just last night their batteries died in BOTH of their favorite trains. Bouts of Consternation arrives today, and viola 8 AAA batteries!!!! Not only are their trains now running, but I have 2 AAA's to spare! I never thought I'd be so excited to see batteries!! In our household, batteries are like gold! Thanks Woot!

Along with the batteries I received:
Terrific Turkey Timer
Paper Mousepad
1 blue t-shirt
Microsoft Notebook Cooling Base
EVOO soap
Over the door hanger (also now in the twins room!)
Dream Spa shower head
Duffel bag

Every piece of this will be used! Awesome Bunch of Change!

Jessara

A very tidy bunch of Crap today, WELL worth the wait.
1 Terrific Turkey Thermometer
1 Kids' Night Out BINGO (12 cards to play at restaurants)
1 Purple Sunflower Bag
1 Kids Size 8 Woot navy T-Shirt (dog in spacesuit, fetching tennis ball)
1 Leather Protective Cover for Galaxy Tab
1 Keychain Bell & Howell Digital Camera

Somebody always does a turkey at our neighborhood Father's Day cookout; I can contribute this instead of making baked beans. The kid stuff is already spoken for, and I will play with the camera & bag. The Vietnam Vets are doing a pickup Wednesday, so they get the lovely Galaxy cover. There! We're ready for next time. Guinness the kitten is guarding the box just in case. Thanks, Woot! I'd forgotten how much fun these could be.

sgcduffman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sgcduffman

[quote postid="5029387" user="crickee"][quote postid="5029384" user="robey21"]There are 3 possible solutions to the disappearance of bogie21 and the mysterious "fedex letter from 'woot'"

You forgot one...

The envelope contained a very angry Chuck Norris doll.

I think it had a winning loto ticket in it, so he's still out partying!

Or what if it contained a mini Black Hole that sucked him into my Box and I'll get him on friday with my box... I hope he has air!

themoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themoe
Jessara wrote:

1 Kids Size 8 Woot black T-Shirt (dog in spacesuit, fetching tennis ball)

BOBA FETCH!!!!

ragnarok2334

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragnarok2334
talwyn wrote:I didn't bother to look up price, but... Wowzers! I know what I'm doing this upcoming weekend!

Yeah their fun as hel to fly just dont get to discouraged if you break it a few times before you learn how to control it. All of the parts on it are replaceable and you can even upgrade if you want to. I think it cost me a hundred bucks in spare parts before I learned how to fly one but once I did it was worth it. I beleive your model is capable of barrel rolls and flips if i remember right. congratulations and good luck

volligerste

quality posts: 0 Private Messages volligerste
teamstortz wrote:Just saw this on deals.woot. Finally an answer to the envelope question!
Deals.Woot Post

Very cool. Thanks for finding / forwarding this post. Answers a lot of people's questions, I think.

Now, back to wondering who receive the actual Golden Ticket...

~

lukersone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukersone
teamstortz wrote:Just saw this on deals.woot. Finally an answer to the envelope question!
Deals.Woot Post

Excellent sleuthing, teamstortz. At last.

dvsmith

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dvsmith
lukersone wrote:Dispatch, Bogie21 -squelch- bogie21 come in... Bogie21 what is your position, over. Bogie21 do you copy? -squelch- bogie21 we have a 1060 here, are you online, do you copy squelchsquelch

Deals.Woot Post

Don't trust anything that Bogie21 says… he may not even know he's lying…

The last time someone living in a state bordering Canada received a letter from Woot!, they too, fell unnervingly silent.

Though officially denied by Washington and Ottowa, reports indicate that FreeskierInVT's Bouncing Organic Cummerbund came under attack by Canadian paramilitary forces, just as the whole Eastern seaboard was paralyzed by a "freak" snowstorm, produced by then-Minister of Environment, Jim "Destro" Prentince's Weather Dominator (conceptual depiction, below)

It is, however, unlikely that Idahoans will have to contend with "freak" weather, this summer, though, as Prentice tendered his resignation in 2010, following a dramatic falling-out with Canadian Supreme Commander, Stephen Harper (seen below in an undated photo with then-Minister of State for the Status of Women, Helena Guergis).

However, according to an unnamed National Security Council official, Canada's strategy, this time may not be so overt.

Rumors of bizarre 'mind control' experiments still dog Conservative Minister of Health, Leona "Mindbender" Aglukkaq, who was recently dispatched to southern British Columbia, to oversee what Canadian officials claim are 'typical Health Canada live-fire exercises' along the border with Idaho.

While not specifically citing concerns regarding Canadian mind-control technology, this morning, the U.S. Department of Health and Human services publicly urged Americans with friends and family living in Idaho to report any unusual conversations or behavior that they might consider out-of-the-ordinary.

Already, the NIMH has received are thousands of unconfirmed reports of unusual behavior: Idahoans donning nausea-inducting sportcoats; amateur Tim Hortons sightings have been reported in Lewiston, Fairfield and Soda Springs and the Home Depot in Coeur d'Alene is reportedly replacing all Phillips-head screws and bolts with Robertson-head hardware. Most disturbing, however, are indications that Governor Butch Otter is preparing to announce emergency legislation requiring that all potato-based dishes, served in Idaho restaurants, be slathered in brown gravy and cheese curds, effective immediately.

Dark days, indeed. Godspeed Bogie21. Godspeed.

My wife swears I'm keeping Woot! in business all by myself. I think she may be onto something.

janry

quality posts: 6 Private Messages janry

Bouts of Consternation arrived last Thursday:

Puke orange small t-shirt

Chuck Norris furry doll

"TMI" self inking stamp

Kindle lether case

Spitball target

Ladies watch - el cheapo but it looks decent and it works

Resusable shopping bag

Definately worth $8.00.

Jessara

themoe wrote:BOBA FETCH!!!!

Yup, that's it. Thanks very much.

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial
Un0fficial wrote:So another box just came..

Anyone want a huffy bike that lives in the DFW Area lol?

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

Bogie21

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Bogie21

Sorry for the delays in posting my envelope everyone! Had a crazy busy weekend with no chance to get a post up until this morning. It has already been posted, but I will post it again. here is the envelope:

http://deals.woot.com/questions/details/3929a012-c6ce-4ee6-975d-4ab36d1747a6/a-community-that-does-it-right-thanks-atwoot#65445669-95d4-453d-8684-e877a67ceb61

o0ginger0o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages o0ginger0o

Mine just showed up.

3.2 lbs, 14in x 10.2in x 8.6in

Contains:

*5 bags of Texas air
*XL plain maroon t-shirt
*2 white mini USB data cables
*8 LG travel USB chargers or cables
*Talking Chuck Norris doll, who has taken a vow of silence
*20 bottle clean tablets
*sunflower bag
*PC game-Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
*SKC Designer Classic 3 Hand Quartz Mesh Band Watch With Buckle, previously on deals.woot for $0 + $5.99 s&h

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM

OKAY FELLOW WOOTERS, I need HELP please, or at least some empathy !

I got my Bouts of Consternation my third one since 2008. I was so excited. So far I've only gotten NEW ITEMS in my B'sOC, and only ONE really cool thing.

THIS TIME I got a few new crappy things and a VERY OLD USED keyboard and mouse. It was REALLY REALLY GROSS, I didn't even want to touch it and was annoyed it was in my house and that I had to dispose of it.

In this day and age, with all the bed bugs, bacteria, viruses, germs and worms . . . I thought it was absolutely disgusting that WOOT actually shipped TRASH to me.

Crap is crap, and that's fine, since it's actually called a BOCRAP, but TRASH ? DIRTY, filthy trash ? I REALLY have a problem with that and I wrote to them and told them so.

I would love to hear what y'all think. I always thought the B'sOC were so cool, but now I will NEVER try to "score" one ever again.

Please send your thoughts, thanks.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

micht1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micht1986
RaisinROM wrote:OKAY FELLOW WOOTERS, I need HELP please, or at least some empathy !

I got my Bouts of Consternation my third one since 2008. I was so excited. So far I've only gotten NEW ITEMS in my B'sOC, and only ONE really cool thing.

THIS TIME I got a few new crappy things and a VERY OLD USED keyboard and mouse. It was REALLY REALLY GROSS, I didn't even want to touch it and was annoyed it was in my house and that I had to dispose of it.

In this day and age, with all the bed bugs, bacteria, viruses, germs and worms . . . I thought it was absolutely disgusting that WOOT actually shipped TRASH to me.

Crap is crap, and that's fine, since it's actually called a BOCRAP, but TRASH ? DIRTY, filthy trash ? I REALLY have a problem with that and I wrote to them and told them so.

I would love to hear what y'all think. I always thought the B'sOC were so cool, but now I will NEVER try to "score" one ever again.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

It's exactly what's advertised. I wouldn't so worried about it being unsafe, it's not like they pulled it out of a dumpster and mailed it to you. There isn't anything in the product page that guarantees new products and from other posters this sounds like it's been done before. Try to find the humor in it. I laughed when I saw the picture. Heck, it's the point of the Bouts of Consternation.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
theQueenZ wrote:So sorry for the misplaced alarm. All I dug out of my tiny brain was that Dingo bones had been recalled. I have doggies of my own and am careful about what they eat.

Snack on Doggies.

My Bouts of Consternation was suppose to be delivered today but hasn't made in to the post office yet :/

Your concern for the dingo snacks was not misplaced. A few yrs ago, many dogs died as a result of dog foods using ingredients from China which had contained bits of melamine. Since the dingo brand of dog treats was made in China (at that time; no idea about current manufacturing origin), dog owners were advised not to take the chance. Not an official recall, but know LOTS of veterinarians who said to avoid them. Your memory wasn't making stuff up, LOL!

May the Crap be with you all!!!

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21
RaisinROM wrote:OKAY FELLOW WOOTERS, I need HELP please, or at least some empathy !

You know you'll be in the running for one the very next time

I would think it's funny. Take pictures of it. Perhaps wootministrators will see the photo and feel sympathy and send you a screaming monkey or something!

FGraf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FGraf

My Box of Woot, Money saving Creature Comforts arrived today.

My Load consisted of
1,Gwen's Nest Purple tote w/Sunflower pattern Bag.
1, Terrific Turkey, timer
1, Bar Crawl Bingo game
1, pk. 4 AAA battery
1, Galaxy 7" Leather tablet cover
1, 3pk One, Simply Citrus soap
& the best for last
1, FootFlush

Time is kind to all of us at one point repeatedly along our paths in Life. Thanks Woot, for the smiles you send in the form of a Box o f Crap.

P.s. With the instillation of the FootFlush. I replaced the water inlet value (it leaked), filed the rear edge of the flapper (it was sticking), & lowered the fill line in the tank. That instal should save me Big $ on my next H2O bill!

FGraf

I don't think my 9 yr. old will forget to flush for the next few weeks , good times!

figio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages figio
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:No, you need 2 (two).

I took mine apart and tried AG something of the same size and got no joy.

Will get the right ones tomorrow and hit reload.

One more thing to add to the instructions on getting Chuck to speak again. There is little tab on the battery holders pointing inward. Make sure that they are bent in sufficiently so the the batteries fit snugly, and that the 'flat' part of the battery (the part with the writing on it) is facing up. To make sure it works before putting the electronics back in the housing, you can try touching the switch pattern on the PC board momentarily with something metal (like a scredriver tip) to activate the sound. Good luck!

Sorry, posted this with the wife's account logged in. Should have posted from mlsapack.

o0ginger0o

quality posts: 0 Private Messages o0ginger0o

Have you looked into how much this might sell for if you cleaned it up? I'm seeing them on Ebay for as little as $23, but as much as $175. Granted, they obviously aren't sold or they wouldn't still be there, so they may not accurately reflect the value. But, I'd at least look into it. I seriously doubt cleaning it up will pass the black plague to you.

Fritzfesst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fritzfesst

Arrived today:

Brown Rust t-shirt
Chuck Norris doll
"TMI" self inking stamp
Kindle leather case (actually needed, so a score)
Spitball target
IIII watch
Sunflower shopping bag

3rd Brick O Carbs. Typical Crappy Haul

FGraf

[quote postid="5030467" user="RaisinROM"]

ah man!
u did'nt get a ChuckNorris doll either?
No but really, other than
E'coul-I'
What else did u catch?

RaisinROM

o0ginger0o wrote:Have you looked into how much this might sell for if you cleaned it up? I'm seeing them on Ebay for as little as $23, but as much as $175. Granted, they obviously aren't sold or they wouldn't still be there, so they may not accurately reflect the value. But, I'd at least look into it. I seriously doubt cleaning it up will pass the black plague to you.

Thank you for the idea, but it is already in the trash. It was a cheap, old keyboard and mouse to start with, and frankly I don't want to touch it again (I used a glove to throw it away). It isn't worth the paper towels and Clorox Clean-Up to even try to clean the thing, it is BEYOND disgusting.

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

codex

quality posts: 9 Private Messages codex
flamesedge wrote:Also as I was inspecting my loot I noticed something funny on the watch.

One of these numerals isn't quite right...

Actually it's not that uncommon for 4 to be represented as IIII on clock faces. I'm not sure of the historical origins, but I think it has something to do with nearly upside-down Roman numerals being confusing.

My work here is done. Pedant-man, AWAAYYY!!!

RaisinROM

FGraf wrote:[quote postid="5030467" user="RaisinROM"]

ah man!
u did'nt get a ChuckNorris doll either?
No but really, other than
E'coul-I'
What else did u catch?

yes, got Chuck Norris, he had crabs and was mute ;-)

the keyboard had e. coli and the mouse tried to poop on me

RaisinROM

robey21 wrote:You know you'll be in the running for one the very next time

I would think it's funny. Take pictures of it. Perhaps wootministrators will see the photo and feel sympathy and send you a screaming monkey or something!

It MAY have been funny if I weren't such a GERMOPHOBE ;-) Taking a photo of it would require that I fish it out of the trash again and waste another disposable glove :-)

I'm swimming in monkeys btw, but thanks for the idea.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
RaisinROM wrote:yes, got Chuck Norris, he had crabs and was mute ;-)

the keyboard had e. coli and the mouse tried to poop on me

It's a really good thing that you got rid of that mouse!:
http://www.CDC.gov/rodents/diseases/direct.HTML

May the Crap be with you all!!!

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

My Big Old Coprolite came in today...

1 - Leather case for Galaxy Tab 7" (that doesn't quite fit a Kindle Fire :-/ )
1 - L navy t-shirt - blank
1 - Foot flush
1 - Purple sunflower bag
1 - "Honey Sweet" bar of soap
1 - Terrific Turkey
1 - Bar Crawl Bingo
4 - AAA batteries

The soap is very odoriferous. It and the bag and the turkey timer will get gifted to some poor soul.
I can't wait to try out the foot flush, although I may save it and install in someone elses house with out telling them... ;-)

Edit... Weight was 5.2 lbs