aliciamd70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciamd70
RaisinROM wrote:OKAY FELLOW WOOTERS, I need HELP please, or at least some empathy !

I got my Bouts of Consternation my third one since 2008. I was so excited. So far I've only gotten NEW ITEMS in my B'sOC, and only ONE really cool thing.

THIS TIME I got a few new crappy things and a VERY OLD USED keyboard and mouse. It was REALLY REALLY GROSS, I didn't even want to touch it and was annoyed it was in my house and that I had to dispose of it.

In this day and age, with all the bed bugs, bacteria, viruses, germs and worms . . . I thought it was absolutely disgusting that WOOT actually shipped TRASH to me.

Crap is crap, and that's fine, since it's actually called a BOCRAP, but TRASH ? DIRTY, filthy trash ? I REALLY have a problem with that and I wrote to them and told them so.

I would love to hear what y'all think. I always thought the B'sOC were so cool, but now I will NEVER try to "score" one ever again.

Please send your thoughts, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

mikebbass

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mikebbass

I have learned two important lessons in this Bouts of Consternation

1. Either Woot doesn't play favorites or they don't love me anymore because if anyone needed (yes needed not wanted) the Chuck Norris doll its me (I'm just play'in Woot I know you love me)

and more importantly

2. There are plenty of awesome Woot community members out there. I had merely stated in a post that I really hoped I would get the Chuck Norris doll, and Sville she me a PM offering me hers no strings attached.

I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Sville, you might want to keep an eye on your mailbox....

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
= 27
  • Bags Of Crap

1. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    2. Basket of Cranberries 7/11/2014
    3. (Hand)Basket of Cranberries 3/23/2014
    4. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    5. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    6. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    7. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    8. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    9. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    10. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    11. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    12. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    13. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    15. Basket of Cranberries 03/22/12
    16. Basket of Cranberries 01/19/12
    17. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    18. Basket of Cranberries 12/06/11
    19. Basket of Cranberries 11/09/11
    20. Basket of Cranberries 07/12/11
    21. Basket of Cranberries 06/15/11
    22. Random Crap 09/22/10
    23. Random Crap 08/20/10
    24. Random Crap 04/14/10
    25. Random Crap 01/28/10
    26. Random Crap 09/24/08
    27. Random Crap 04/01/08

ZureaL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZureaL

I have received a Bouts of Consternation of most unusual size.

it's 52"x10.5"x10"

The unboxing will begin now

jennyland

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jennyland
    mikebbass wrote:I have learned two important lessons in this Bouts of Consternation

1. Either Woot doesn't play favorites or they don't love me anymore because if anyone needed (yes needed not wanted) the Chuck Norris doll its me (I'm just play'in Woot I know you love me)

and more importantly

2. There are plenty of awesome Woot community members out there. I had merely stated in a post that I really hoped I would get the Chuck Norris doll, and Sville she me a PM offering me hers no strings attached.

I just wanted to publicly say thank you to Sville, you might want to keep an eye on your mailbox....

I had wished for a ? bag and a cow. I would have been tickled to get the Chuck Norris doll, just on principle. Or some headphones, those were really popular this go'round. But I'm still pleased with my haul

148 and counting: 64 Woots (inc. 8 Bundles of Clones), 25 Wines, 15 Shirts, 7 Sellouts, 32 Kids, 5 Homes
    May the Crap be ever in your favor.

terriann3086

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terriann3086

My 20.5 pounder just got here! It contained:
    5- michelleB Forged Aluminum Nonstick Cookware pots/pans
    1- Leather case
    1- XL blank yellow shirt
    1- black duffle

Thanks woot! Definitely wasn't expecting this.

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
    terriann3086 wrote:My 20.5 pounder just got here! It contained:
    5- michelleB Forged Aluminum Nonstick Cookware pots/pans
    1- Leather case
    1- XL blank yellow shirt
    1- black duffle

Thanks woot! Definitely wasn't expected this.

WOW. Truly great crap, and gorgeous photo, too. Congratulations!

ZureaL

In my Bouts of Consternation of unusual size I have found the following:

Over 30 x Texas air
    1 x 3pc animal print non-stick chefs knives (the letter there is the instructions for the knives)
    1 x Terrific Turkey
    1 x Cafe Bingo
    1 x One body soap - Peace
    1 x purple sunflower bag
    2 x kids t-shirts, size 8 with pictures of fruit on them. (My youngest is wearing the one that says "eat more meat" right now)
    1x ISO7X isometric exercise bar

Quite the impressive haul I'd say for my first RBOC! Thanks Woot!

bigdogxv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogxv

My 7.1lb Bout of Consternation has officially been updated to "Out For Delivery". I'm nervous, yet excited to get home and update with pics. Hopefully it trumps my last Bouts of Consternation that included 4 desk calenders and a broken thing kids could use to map the constellations.

ssiemonsma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ssiemonsma
    ZureaL wrote:In my Bouts of Consternation of unusual size I have found the following:

Over 30 x Texas air
    1 x 3pc animal print non-stick chefs knives (the letter there is the instructions for the knives)
    1 x Terrific Turkey
    1 x Cafe Bingo
    1 x purple sunflower bag
    2 x kids t-shirts, size 8 with pictures of fruit on them. (My youngest is wearing the one that says "eat more meat" right now)

Darn, I was hoping for something ginormous. Great crap, nonetheless!

Rockhammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rockhammer
    ssiemonsma wrote:Darn, I was hoping for something ginormous. Great crap, nontheless!

Yeah, that 52" box seems like a tease.

ZureaL

Rockhammer wrote:Yeah, that 52" box seems like a tease.

Tell me about it!

jeremers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremers

Just unboxed my 3.9lb box and it contained:

1 - Black Duffel Bag
    1 - Breo Skin Red Watch
    2 - Bug Zapper Racquets
    1 - Size 12 Kids "Luke" Shirt
    1 - Hanes Heavyweight XL Dark Green Plain Shirt
    1 - PowerLine 200W Power Inverter 0900-90 (appears to be Canadian and recalled due to a possible fire hazard)

Thanks Woot! and Colonel Crap for another fine box.

rossa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rossa

Woot, if you're going to ship broken glass to people, please put some sort of warning on the box. I'm cool with receiving crap items, but the very, very tiny pieces of broken glass are now all over my couch and floor because they were coming out of the cracks in the box without me even noticing. I'm sorry, but this just isn't cool. The old, dirty computer parts are one thing, but broken glass is entirely different. =/

sarahouston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahouston
    mikebbass wrote:I have learned two important lessons in this Bouts of Consternation

and more importantly

That is awesome! I wanted a Chuck Norris or a cow, but got none. Another member offered to trade their Chuck for something I had. However, hubby had already claimed that item. There's something about the Bunch of Change that brings us all together to our own weird society.

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

My Bouts of Consternation arrived last Saturday, but along with the contents, woot! must have also sent along morning sickness, since some pretty nasty nausea set in not long after opening the box and has been relentless ever since. Blech.

Anyway, so sorry for the delay in reporting, but here is my haul:

woot! ? paper bag
    purple sunflower tote bag
    Sigg 20ct bottle clean water tablets
    Diva Darlings white facial mitt
    Men's XL hunter green t-shirt
    Stainless steel watch that my 8yo can't wait to wear
    CHUCK NORRIS!! (silent, but deadly... when I went to take the photo, he was missing. Somehow, he ended up in one of the bedrooms, hiding in a laundry basket, just waiting to jump out and roundhouse kick someone. I just know it.)

And

Two Kershaw knives, one of which popped open as soon as my husband took it out of the box and almost cut him! (Probably a trap set by the Chuckster.)

Hubby threw the TX air into the, er, air, and sliced it up pretty nicely with one of the knives in a couple seconds. The kids weren't impressed since it was just air, after all. Heh.

Thanks so much, woot! We love it!

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff
    rossa wrote:Woot, if you're going to ship broken glass to people, please put some sort of warning on the box. I'm cool with receiving crap items, but the very, very tiny pieces of broken glass are now all over my couch and floor because they were coming out of the cracks in the box without me even noticing. I'm sorry, but this just isn't cool. The old, dirty computer parts are one thing, but broken glass is entirely different. =/

Guessing that had more to do with the shipping company and how they handled the package.

rossa

Streiff wrote:Guessing that had more to do with the shipping company and how they handled the package.

Could be, but it was packaged quite poorly. The glass is just in plastic bags, in a box. I can't imagine Woot thought this was a good way to ship glass.

Derkel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Derkel

My Blades of Craziness was expected in the mail today according to Fedex's estimated arrival date. But no, the shipping status has been stuck on: Jun 5, 2012 2:22 PM
    Departed FedEx location
    FEDEX SMARTPOST DENVER, CO

Really hope it hasn't gotten lost within Fedex's labor camps.. I mean shipping facilities.

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346

Big Ol' Chair arrived today. Literally. Shipping info said one pound. It. Was. Not.

It was a 3ftx3ft box weighing about 18lbs, I'm guessing. Didn't have any trouble getting it up the stairs.

After I stopped laughing, I opened it up to find:

1 standard black duffel
    2 4-packs of AA batteries. Set for life on those now.
    1 blank XL yellow tshirt

and

1 Red Star Traders "Luis" Zero Gravity Design Orbital Lounger - a $150 value!

I don't know who Luis is but he makes a really cool looking chair.

Anyway, I'm not going to assemble it tonight, but when I do, I'm sure it will look JUST like this:

How did you know, Woot? That I have a deck? And that I have no deck furniture? And that if I ever bought deck furniture I'd only need one chair?

Damn Google Earth!

Thanks Woot! Should be plenty of room for me & Henry.

P.S. Apologies if I'm all excited about something other people have gotten. I've been avoiding the thread & will catch up now!

Edit: I see also this chair is great for people with bad backs. Woot, you're scaring me.

Wait... what?

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
    brandie346 wrote:Big Ol' Chair arrived today. Literally. Shipping info said one pound. It. Was. Not.

It was a 3ftx3ft box weighing about 18lbs, I'm guessing. Didn't have any trouble getting it up the stairs.

After I stopped laughing, I opened it up to find:

1 standard black duffel
    2 4-packs of AA batteries. Set for life on those now.
    1 blank XL yellow tshirt

and

1 Red Star Traders "Luis" Zero Gravity Design Orbital Lounger - a $150 value!

I don't know who Luis is but he makes a really cool looking chair.

Anyway, I'm not going to assemble it tonight, but when I do, I'm sure it will look JUST like this:

How did you know, Woot? That I have no deck furniture? And that if I ever bought deck furniture I'd only need one chair?

Damn Google Earth!

Thanks Woot! Should be plenty of room for me & Henry.

P.S. Apologies if I'm all excited about something other people have gotten. I've been avoiding the thread & will catch up now!

O.M.G. You.are.so.lucky!!! I absolutely LOVE those chairs. Spent a good bit of yesterday in mine, lounging under a shade tree near my pond with a book. Cherish it. I think they look sort of goofy, but the comfort more than makes up for it. (Nice pool, too----how did they ever fit THAT in the box?)

Yours is the first I've seen reported, and I've done a pretty good job of keeping up once I got caught back up on the thread. Might have missed a stray post here or there, but I think I would've noticed another pic of that chair. (LOL @ "Big Ol' Chair, literally" btw.)

Ummmmm....since you didn't get one of the coveted silent-but-deadly Chuck Norris dolls, I could probably be talked into trading mine for that chair. Seems about even-steven to me. ;-) And your chair will be all lonely out there by itself---here, with me, it would have a friend....a pal....a buddy.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

brandie346

ReginaFilangee wrote:O.M.G. You.are.so.lucky!!! I absolutely LOVE those chairs. Spent a good bit of yesterday in mine, lounging under a shade tree near my pond with a book. Cherish it. I think they look sort of goofy, but the comfort more than makes up for it.

Yours is the first I've seen reported, and I've done a pretty good job of keeping up once I got caught back up on the thread. Might have missed a stray post here or there, but I think I would've noticed another pic of that chair. (LOL @ "Big Ol' Chair, literally, btw.)

Ummmmm....since you didn't get one of the coveted silent-but-deadly Chuck Norris dolls, I could probably be talked into trading mine for that chair. Seems about even-steven to me. ;-)

Hmmm, tough call, but I think I'll stick with my chair. Might change my mind after I try to assemble it, though!

Also: going through the thread...

1. Wooters have to most beautiful kitties
    2. The MooFlower is HYSTERICAL!

Wait... what?

earlyre

quality posts: 2 Private Messages earlyre

well my first bag of cats showed up today, and it contained the following(no time for pics @the moment.
    1x black duffel bag
    2x 4 pk sanyo AAA batteries (alkaline even!)
    1x dark green XL Hanes T-Shirt
    1x 12 pk of "kids night out" bingo cards
    1x Bell&Howell tiny (keyfob sized) Digital Camera
    0x bags of TX air....

ReginaFilangee

brandie346 wrote:Hmmm, tough call, but I think I'll stick with my chair. Might change my mind after I try to assemble it, though!

But...but....but.....

You see, that's just one more reason why it should come live with me. The assembly is somewhat tricky, with limited help from the sketches included, and *I've* already figured it out.

Or...

If you can't get it put together in a safe manner, you could ship it to me, I'll assemble it for you, and ship it right back....I promise.
    (*hiding crossed fingers behind my back*)

notanaardvark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark

Estimated delivery got pushed back to 6/8. Tracking says it arrived at local post office today and to allow 1-2 additional days for delivery. (Western WA)

It appears my first is one of the last, but it looks like for some, the waiting paid off.
    Tom Petty said it best "The Waiting is the Hardest Part". Hard to type with my fingers crossed.

brandie346

ReginaFilangee wrote:But...but....but.....

You see, that's just one more reason why it should come live with me. The assembly is somewhat tricky, with limited help from the sketches included, and *I've* already figured it out.

Or...

If you can't get it put together in a safe manner, you could ship it to me, I'll assemble it for you, and ship it right back....I promise.
    (*hiding crossed fingers behind my back*)

I think you need to just CHAIRish the one you have. :P

Wait... what?

ajf2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajf2k

My 35.5 pound Bucket of Chum contained:

1 - Air Mattress (don't know what size - I haven't inflated it yet)
    2 - 4 packs of Sanyo AAA Batteries
    1 - 3 Pack of natural soap
    1 - Turkey timer
    1 - Black Duffel Bag
    1 - Child size t-shirt with a koala on it
    1 - Right Response Flu & Germ Protection Supplies
    1 - Nitro Strike Personal Fire Extinguising System (mini foamer)

and...

9 Sparq Rum stones!!! (I don't drink whiskey). They're in the freezer now and I'll test them later tonight.

brandie346

[quote postid="5032003" user="brentm3"]

Brent, I like how you made that little photo montage. Very nice!

Wait... what?

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
    rossa wrote:Woot, if you're going to ship broken glass to people, please put some sort of warning on the box. I'm cool with receiving crap items, but the very, very tiny pieces of broken glass are now all over my couch and floor because they were coming out of the cracks in the box without me even noticing. I'm sorry, but this just isn't cool. The old, dirty computer parts are one thing, but broken glass is entirely different. =/

Yikes! Broken glass should not have been sneaking into the Bouts of Consternation I'm sending you a PM regarding this issue.

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!
    rossa wrote:Could be, but it was packaged quite poorly. The glass is just in plastic bags, in a box. I can't imagine Woot thought this was a good way to ship glass.

Was it Bag O' Glass from Mainway?
    What a great gift!!

ReginaFilangee

kkshields wrote:Yikes! Broken glass should not have been sneaking into the Bouts of Consternation I'm sending you a PM regarding this issue.

Are you saying that they weren't teen-tiny diamonds that she sucked up into her vacuum???

rossa

ReginaFilangee wrote:Are you saying that they weren't teen-tiny diamonds that she sucked up into her vacuum???

Haha. Do I dig the glass out of the trash to verify they aren't teeny-tiny diamonds? Hmm...

kkshields, thank you for PM'ing me. I appreciate it. I absolutely love Woot, this was just a dangerous package to receive without warning. If you want to send me a dangerous package, the old snakes in a can prank should scare the crap out of me enough to be dangerous.

ReginaFilangee

rossa wrote:Haha. Do I dig the glass out of the trash to verify they aren't teeny-tiny diamonds? Hmm...

kkshields, thank you for PM'ing me. I appreciate it. I absolutely love Woot, this was just a dangerous package to receive without warning. If you want to send me a dangerous package, the old snakes in a can prank should scare the crap out of me enough to be dangerous.

Oooooooo....don't be giving them any ideas! LOL

ReginaFilangee

For those who wanted a helicopter and didn't get one:

http://kids.woot.com/offers/night-hunter-extreme-r-c-copter#read-more

This one might not be as fancy, but honestly....you should really practice on a less-pricey one anyway. You KNOW you're going to crash the first few times out.

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff
    ReginaFilangee wrote:For those who wanted a helicopter and didn't get one:

http://kids.woot.com/offers/night-hunter-extreme-r-c-copter#read-more

This one might not be as fancy, but honestly....you should really practice on a less-pricey one anyway. You KNOW you're going to crash the first few times out.

Got that one last time it was up. It's a LOT of fun and works well. The controls are sensitive though, so it takes a little practice.

dhooton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhooton
    mlsapack wrote:One Bee-Ohh-See Galaxy Tab case on it's way to you, dhooton. Please enjoy it (and the few extra trinkets of junk) with my compliments!

Thank you mlsapack! You are awesome and now officially my favorite person on woot!

bigdogxv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogxv

0x bags of TX air
    1x black duffel bag
    1x canary yellow XL Hanes T-Shirt (My Size!)
    1x - Child size t-shirt (Boba Fetch)
    2 x Bug Zapper Rackets
    and...

The Perfect Push-Up - As Seen on T.V.
    Developed by a US Navy SEAL and as seen on TV, the Original Perfect Pushup uses the latest in biomechanics and engineering to achieve better results from pushup workouts.
    The box says that the DVD that is included is a $9 value, so I am already in the green!

My 1st Box of Calcium was a little underwhelming (thus, crap)...this Bandit of Creativity was full of goodies, wonder, and amazement. Thanks again Woot, you're the best!

side note - imgur is down at the moment (looks like my reddit afternoon if not happening). I will post pictures when it is back up.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 44 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Opened my 3 pounder yesterday to find an EXACT replica of the contents of my last one.. I was stunned

Turkey timer
    Blank Shirt (previously worn)
    Bag with Hygrangea flower
    Spitball target practice

The exactness is mind boggling - I tell you

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

michaelford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelford

Update on my still unshipped carp: I contacted customer service and they said there was an error and my Bouts of Consternation was never shipped. They said they would reship an order and update me with the tracking when it was available. I just checked my order page, and they seem to have reactivated an old shirt.woot order from 2009, instead of the Bouts of Consternation order. The old 2009 order now says "shipment pending" again. Is the Colonel messing with my head?

afpeterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afpeterson

I am jealous!! Do tell what was in it??

ZureaL wrote:I have received a Bouts of Consternation of most unusual size.

it's 52"x10.5"x10"

The unboxing will begin now

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo
    afpeterson wrote:I am jealous!! Do tell what was in it??

ZureaL wrote:In my Bouts of Consternation of unusual size I have found the following:

Over 30 x Texas air
    1 x Terrific Turkey
    1 x Cafe Bingo
    1 x purple sunflower bag