dlazz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dlazz

my 20.8lber showed up today. I laughed out loud when I saw it sitting at my door.

1. Graco Carseat
2. Diapers
3. black duffel bag
4. XL Brown t-shirt

ericsuquet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericsuquet

My Bouts of Consternation is stuck in postal purgatory. After almost 45 minutes at the post office, wherein they sent someone "upstairs" and then more ominously "downstairs," no one has any clue where it is. Sad.

punkykat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages punkykat

My husband and I received ours.

Mine 2.8lb:

• 1 LG Blank Shirt
  • 1 Spitball Dart Board: Enemy
  • 1 Extra Virgin Olive Oil Soap
  • 1 Flu and Germ Protection Kit
  • 1 Terrific Turkey Battery-Powered Turkey Thermometer
  • 1 Krave Basil Citrus Turkey Jerkey (JERKEY!)
  • 1 Krave Chili Lime Beef Jerky (MORE JERKEY!)
  • 1 CamelBak Groove Filter Water Bottle & 1 Filter (liiike)
  • 1 Purple Flower Gwen's Nest Bag

Best crappy bag we've had so far :3 Can't beat jerkey!

His 3.7lb:

• 1 3XL Hanes Beefy Ts Shirt
  • 1 Cowparade Plush Cow w/ 2 American Adventure Teddy Bears (Slightly saddened by this as I got the exact same cow last baggie de crapola and was hoping for a cuter one :p)
  • 1 Set of Wii Remote Skins
  • 1 Pair of Trendy Budz In-Ear Headphones - Purple
  • 1 Fuze Mini-Compact Speaker System
  • 1 Terrific Turkey Battery-Powered Turkey Thermometer
  • 1 "?" Paper Bag!

Overall we are pretty happy with this round! Much more so than past bags. Thanks a ton WOOT!

P.S. A few lost bees recently invaded our house which we hunted with our new bug zapper rackets (Prev bcrapination) and we got a lot of laughs out of our dogs wearing the KidWoot! shirts (ditto). Half the fun of a craptastic bagola is finding uses for everything!

puremixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puremixx
ericsuquet wrote:My Bouts of Consternation is stuck in postal purgatory. After almost 45 minutes at the post office, wherein they sent someone "upstairs" and then more ominously "downstairs," no one has any clue where it is. Sad.

My tracking says it was delivered on the 1st and I have no idea where it is. Also add the fact that I was home all day and have never had a package go missing(and I order tons of stuff online). My first Bouts of Consternation ends up missing, sigh.

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot
WOOTSUPPP!! wrote:Wow! I wonder what goes on in the Woot! warehouse.
And how did he explain to his wife how he lost his pants?!?

He lost his pants like everyone else, one leg at a time.

notanaardvark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages notanaardvark

Just wondering - has anyone ever seen Chuck Norris and Thor in the same room?

lordbowen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages lordbowen
puremixx wrote:My tracking says it was delivered on the 1st and I have no idea where it is. Also add the fact that I was home all day and have never had a package go missing(and I order tons of stuff online). My first Bouts of Consternation ends up missing, sigh.

This may be a long shot, but try looking around the front of your residence (if you haven't already). I've had delivery people get quite creative when trying to leave a package in a "safe" place. Hope it turns up!

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
lordbowen wrote:This may be a long shot, but try looking around the front of your residence (if you haven't already). I've had delivery people get quite creative when trying to leave a package in a "safe" place. Hope it turns up!

Actually, it should be a simple matter of the P.O. looking up which carrier entered it into their systm as "delivered" and then just ASKING that specific person where he/she left it. If they can't, he should open an investigation for postal theft by an employee.

May the Crap be with you all!!!

joe99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joe99
terriann3086 wrote:My 20.5 pounder just got here! It contained:
5- michelleB Forged Aluminum Nonstick Cookware pots/pans
1- Leather case
1- XL blank yellow shirt
1- black duffle

Thanks woot! Definitely wasn't expecting this.

As a man I even have to say that's pretty cool stuff!

Joe
Findeavor.com
Sell what you're good at

ericsuquet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericsuquet
ericsuquet wrote:My Bouts of Consternation is stuck in postal purgatory. After almost 45 minutes at the post office, wherein they sent someone "upstairs" and then more ominously "downstairs," no one has any clue where it is. Sad.

Bouts of Consternation was delivered this morning with an apology and something about a "new driver on the route."

ultimotion swing zone
terrific turkey
flu protection kit
bright orange shirt
bar crawl bingo
a five pack of shea butter lip balm
purple sunflower bag

Thanks woot!

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack
ericsuquet wrote:Bouts of Consternation was delivered this morning with an apology and something about a "new driver on the route."

Funny, that's the same explanation we got when our last Bouts of Consternation failed to be delivered. Must be some high turnover these days at USPS!

NintendoGal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NintendoGal

Did I get short-changed on my bag?

robey21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robey21

So who else is curious about the next woot-off with the website changes?

3eyore

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 3eyore
NintendoGal wrote:Did I get short-changed on my bag?

YES, YOU DID. You're supposed to have at least three craps plus one bag of some sort.

3eyore

pz@woot wrote:Slim pickings, first minimal Bouts of Consternation

-- XL Brown T-Shirt, no design, but Extra Soft!
-- Special side sleeping pillow
-- Black duffel bag.

I just noticed they updated the Crap Commandments.

(Actually am I one item short because one of the 3 things in the box is a duffel bag?)

Hmmm...

You are indeed short one crap. Three craps plus one bag are what thou shalt receive.

3eyore

Now, as for me, here's my small haul:

1-purple sunflower post-consumer shopping bag (goes in car)
1-Terrific Turkey turkey thermometer/"I'm done!" alarm (not sure what to do with this yet)
1-Kids Night Out Bingo game (will be used to manage granddaughter)
1-Woot shirt w/Boba Fett as a dog on it (size S)(goes to granddaughter)
1-Bell & Howell (yeah, right) dime store digital camera (also goes to granddaughter)

And....

1-Cyber Acoustics leather (yes, real hide) flip case for the 7" Galazy Tab BUT FITS MY WIFE'S KINDLE JUST FINE

End result: I am now sort of a God in my home thanks to this haul. Thanks, Colonel!!

robey21

NintendoGal wrote:Did I get short-changed on my bag?

Unless something small is hiding in the midst, you are indeed 1 short.

robey21

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5036381&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=0

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
robey21 wrote:So who else is curious about the next woot-off with the website changes?

'Apprehensive' is closer.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

Well I think a fellow neighbor that must have had my crap sitting in their house for almost a week decided to drop it off this weekend... I got

1x Purple sunflower bag
1x Terrific Turkey (I have to many!)
3x Bars of natural honey smelling soap
1x 12 pack of recycled Golf Balls!
1x Paper mouse pad
1x Kids size 10 Da Vinci Shell shirt
1x CD Leather cover for Galaxy Tab
1x 4 pack of AAA sanyo batteris

66x AA FUJI batteries (seem extra crappy)

and...

1x I-FlyHeli Gyro Helicopter

I really don't have much use in this bag... open for any trades

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry

I received a relatively small but full box with some heft to it. Inside was:

1. A purple shopping bag with a large yellow sunflower design ($1).
2. A new Bar Crawl Bingo game ($15 Amazon, $1 woot).
3. A new Terrific Turkey “Turkey is done!” alarm. ($8 Amazon, $1 woot?)
4. A kids size 10 light blue “Hats that are Hatty” shirt ($12).
5. 2 packs of 4 Sanyo AAA Alkaline Batteries ($4 ea.)
6. A new CyberAcoustic Leather Protective Cover for the Galaxy Tab ($30 Amazon)
7. A ZyXel 802.11g Wireless USB Adapter with connector, install disc, and instructions. ($6 woot, $25 Amazon)
8. A Kiva Convertible Wine Tote bag, black with a fancy white design. ($6 Amaz, $1 woot)
9. A Toshiba DVD R/RW Drive Model TS-H552 ready to install in a desktop (if it works). It says “lightScribe” on the door so it must be for a HP computer. Appears to be fully intact, with a barcode sticker that says “September 2005”. This is a throwback to the old woot I remember, filled with odd refurb’d electronic parts.

Pretty good haul, a solid "B". Thanks woot!

My Cellar in CT

NintendoGal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages NintendoGal
robey21 wrote:Unless something small is hiding in the midst, you are indeed 1 short.

Yeah, nothing is hiding. I don't know that I want to mention it to the Woot gods because before I thought I was shorted when I wasn't as they told me. :/

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass
robey21 wrote:So who else is curious about the next woot-off with the website changes?

I am a little concerned about having to re-login when the Bag shows up.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

usty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usty

Got my second Bouts of Consternation ever late last week. Small 2.8 LB box, but some useful stuff inside.

1x Purple Sunflower Bag
1x Spitball Dartboard
1x Kindle 3rd Gen folio cover
1x Womens watch with mesh band
1x Chuck Norris (non) Talking Doll
1x Small Turquoise Shirt

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

Bouts of Consternation arrived last week (totally forgot it was coming, so it was a pleasant surprise).

Bag O' Crap

1 x Cheap, Collapsible, Black Duffel Bag (will make a great reusable gift bag to use with Father's Day present)

1 x Racquet-style Bug Zapper (received the DAY after I placed an order on a set of 2 from Ben's Outlet, no less)

1 x 4pc. Lock & Lock Food-To-Go Set (one container had a cracked bottom, but luckily it wasn't the large one with the handle)

2 x (4pk) Sanyo AA Batteries

1 x XL Brown Jerzee tee (passed on to someone who might actually get some wear out of it)

Edit: I added a photo, but it wasn't showing up for some reason, so I went back and added a link instead. Hopefully THAT works.

thealb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thealb

I had to share. I've gotten a few Bouts of Consternation#39;s before. But, this one made me giggle. I'm not sure if the XBox works yet. Need to find a hard drive. It does turn on though. No ring of death so far.
Also, I wonder if those bug zappers will work as "Kid Attitude Adjustment Devices."

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8
thealb wrote:

Also, I wonder if those bug zappers will work as "Kid Attitude Adjustment Devices."

I must say, that thought also crept into my mind. LOL

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

Not a bad a haul.

2 Soda Snap Straw
1 Pet Blanket (Got one in my last Bouts of Consternation Now both my dogs have one. Although it’s more like a cape for them then a Blanket)
1 Flower bag
1 Logitech skin pack for an unknown device
1 re-potting plant mix
1 Woot Calendar
1 XL Brown shirt
1 Little black book - No phone numbers ;-(
1 Homemade raccoon – Looks like someone’s kid at Woot made it. I shall treasure it as if my own son made it.
and the very best!, Coolest thing Every! One Chuck Norris Action Doll! I’d say Voodoo doll but we all know if I tried to use it. Chuck Norris would send the Voodoo right back my way a million times stronger.

The Loot

The Chuck Norris Action doll

Homemade Raccoon

2 outstanding Bags in the last 2 tries, Thanks for the total random crap!...

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759

Dude, I hope you got a Quiet Protest for this. I had Chuck's voice box out but was a little flummoxed trying to find the batteries. Now I'm off to find some

BTW, I did not detach the little sack. I just opened up the seams and popped the voice box out. I figure I'll pop it back in where it belongs when it's ready.

I'm so excited!

mlsapack wrote:Here are the steps to restore speech to your Chuck Norris doll;
1. Find a seam ripper (if you are a man, your Mom/girlfriend/wofe probably has one in their sewing stuff). Spread the back of the doll apart with your fingers and work the seam ripper into one of the stitches about half way down his back. Rip out the stitches one by one until you get down to his pants.
2. You should be able to reach in and pop out a little sack contining the sound module. Find the seam where the sack is sewed up and rip out those stitches with the seam ripper.
3. Pop the sound module out of the sack. The sound module has a non-glued cover. Using a knife or a thin implement, work it along the seam between the top and bottom until it comes loose. Carefully poke a toothpick through the cover with the switch button to eject the PC board with the batteries on it. Be careful not to lose the little rubber switch when the PC board comes out. (see the small rubber thing below the PC board in the picture).
4. Bend the metal tab holding in the batteries out of the way (it will probably just break off). Puch the batteries out of the holders with a toothpick.
5. Put new batteries in (AG3 or LR41). 6. Put the PC board into the bottom of the sound module (the bottom has the speaker in it). Be careful of the speaker wires. They break easily (I had to resolder mine to the speaker and the PC board).
6. Place the rubber switch piece on the zig-zag pattern on the PC board.
7. Align the small hole in the cover with the rubber switch piece and replace it on the bottom of the module. Make sure the tip on the little rubber piece fits into the hole in the cover. Push the cover in until it is fully seated.
8. Test the module to make sure it works, replace it in the sack and close Chuck back up.
9. Chuck Speaks! See the video back on page 59.

fireballzzz007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fireballzzz007

Got my Bouts of Consternation today.

Here is what I got:
1 standard black duffel
2 4-packs of AA batteries.
1 blank XL dark green tshirt

and

1 Red Star Traders "Luis" Zero Gravity Design Orbital Lounger!

I saw another person on here got this as well...coolio! I would post a pic but I have no idea how to do this.

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346
fireballzzz007 wrote:Got my Bouts of Consternation today.

Here is what I got:
1 standard black duffel
2 4-packs of AA batteries.
1 blank XL dark green tshirt

and

1 Red Star Traders "Luis" Zero Gravity Design Orbital Lounger!

I saw another person on here got this as well...coolio! I would post a pic but I have no idea how to do this.

Woot! Congrats, my chair buddy! ;)

Wait... what?

brandie346

quality posts: 4 Private Messages brandie346
merryberry wrote:I received a relatively small but full box with some heft to it. Inside was:

9. A Toshiba DVD R/RW Drive Model TS-H552 ready to install in a desktop (if it works). It says “lightScribe” on the door so it must be for a HP computer. Appears to be fully intact, with a barcode sticker that says “September 2005”. This is a throwback to the old woot I remember, filled with odd refurb’d electronic parts.

Pretty good haul, a solid "B". Thanks woot!

Merryberry, if you can get the Lightscribe drive to work, they're really pretty cool. It will laser-etch designs on the top of (specially-made, more expensive) CDs and DVDs.

I have one and it works great. They take FOR-EV-ER but I think they look really good, and it's kind of fun. You can find free templates on the interwebs.

Wait... what?

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

I goofed and mine shipped to my other address, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to report specifics; in the meantime, my mom was there and opened it, and from what I remember:

Flu/germ stuff
Bug zapper swatter things
T-shirt (I think the Darth Vader breakfast one)
Earl Gray Flowering Tea
Insulated Cooking Pot

dmw804

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmw804

It looks like Chuck could use a little manscaping.

justmegte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmegte

That's what I got also!

usty wrote:Got my second Bouts of Consternation ever late last week. Small 2.8 LB box, but some useful stuff inside.

1x Purple Sunflower Bag
1x Spitball Dartboard
1x Kindle 3rd Gen folio cover
1x Womens watch with mesh band
1x Chuck Norris (non) Talking Doll
1x Small Turquoise Shirt

tehloner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehloner

Wow this is the second Bouts of Consternation in a row where I get only 2 craps and a bag -_-

I'd complain, but I'm moving out of my dorm soon, and it wont arrive before I leave...
But hey, at least I got a screaming monkey

puremixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puremixx
ReginaFilangee wrote:Actually, it should be a simple matter of the P.O. looking up which carrier entered it into their systm as "delivered" and then just ASKING that specific person where he/she left it. If they can't, he should open an investigation for postal theft by an employee.

I actually talked to the mailman in person today and he told me he honestly can't remember. He seemed sincere, so I just don't know what to do. I told woot via email though.

missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc

Finally got to open mine.

6.1 lbs.
25.5 in. x 16.2 in. x 10.6 in.

1 - Ultimotion Sports Video Game
1 - Black Duffle Bag
1 - T-Shirt Kids Size 10
1 - Terrific Turkey Timer
1 - Flu & Germ Protection Supplies
1 - Bar Crawl Bingo Game
2 - Sanyo AAA Batteries 4-Pack
? - Bags of Texas Air

Thanks Woot and ColonelCrap!

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering
dlazz wrote:my 20.8lber showed up today. I laughed out loud when I saw it sitting at my door.

1. Graco Carseat
2. Diapers
3. black duffel bag
4. XL Brown t-shirt

Sooooooo jealous of the carseat. Nice haul!

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi

Got mine on 1st, 3.4 pounds. Great haul.

1 purple bag with sunflowers on it.
1 paper bag with the Woot question mark on it.
1 brand new Bendaroos 500 piece building sticks toy. This was awesome - I have a six year old and a four year old. Thanks Woot!
1 Chuck Norris doll. (Yay!)
1 brown Jerzees t-shirt XL (my size!)
1 Diva Darling facial mitt (as the sole female in the house, I love getting something feminine).
1 pack of 20 Bottle cleaning tablets.
1 used wireless mouse with no USB dongle.
1 cable
1 watch (non working, might just need a new battery).

Very pleased with that. Thanks!