0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System
$139.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

urocyon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urocyon

"Free except for fees and taxes."

So...not free.

--
Forgive me, Vixy. I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

Oprah, Ooma. Ooma, Oprah.

denwolf66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denwolf66

I've had this for 2 years now, I just got charged my yearly tax & junk fee bill from ooma, it's under $5 in Wisconsin. I love this device!

ronzo911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronzo911

Trade for floppy disks?

Ronzo911

electrodyne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages electrodyne

Someone please buy these already!

crickee

quality posts: 20 Private Messages crickee
denwolf66 wrote:I've had this for 2 years now, I just got charged my yearly tax & junk fee bill from ooma, it's under $5 in Wisconsin. I love this device!

Thats helpful info to share. Thanks!

aidenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aidenn

I am a little concerned that the rebate has to be postmarked by 5/30. Will it arrive to my home by 5/30 with standard shipping?

steveg5489

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steveg5489

20 bucks less than the same refurb Ooma sells at their site.

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg

I assume this rebate you are advertising in the description isn't valid? It could mislead some people, or just nerf herders, to buy it and demand the rebate from you.

"Exclusive to Woot! $25.00 Mail-In Rebate (Click here to download rebate form)
Limit 3 per household

Offer valid for Ooma Telo purchased on 4/29/12 from Woot.com

Submission must be postmarked by 5/30/12 – see terms and conditions on rebate for full details and information?

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

I have Comcast everything = everything is expensive. How does this work? Would I keep Comcast cable and Internet and this would work off of Internet? Help please - I want to understand.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
djrmsn wrote:I have Comcast everything = everything is expensive. How does this work? Would I keep Comcast cable and Internet and this would work off of Internet? Help please - I want to understand.

Yes, it works off the 'net.

You do need a good hgh speed to use it.

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

greezyg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages greezyg
djrmsn wrote:I have Comcast everything = everything is expensive. How does this work? Would I keep Comcast cable and Internet and this would work off of Internet? Help please - I want to understand.

If you read the description it explains that this connects to your broadband internet connection.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
greezyg wrote:I assume this rebate you are advertising in the description isn't valid? It could mislead some people, or just nerf herders, to buy it and demand the rebate from you.

"Exclusive to Woot! $25.00 Mail-In Rebate (Click here to download rebate form)
Limit 3 per household

Offer valid for Ooma Telo purchased on 4/29/12 from Woot.com

Submission must be postmarked by 5/30/12 – see terms and conditions on rebate for full details and information?

So, What is the deal with the rebate ?

Good or no good ?

Yes, I did download it and read it.

In for 1 if it's good !

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

bdutton

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bdutton

Yay! I had an Ooma for almost 2 years when we got hit by lightning and it fried the ooma, cable modem and router. Now I can finally replace it at a great price. My monthly bill was under $5 per month too.

dg12345

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dg12345

Calls are perfect quality, the system has only gone down for a minute or two in two years of ownership. I was lucky to get the Ooma Hub so I pay no monthly fees but even if you get a Telo the fees are less than $5/mo. Premier is worth it just because you can blacklist most telemarketers (some super sleazy operators can bypass caller id block). Website and customer service are adequate. Nothing exceptional but frankly I haven't had to use either that much.

Finally, I don't know if my experience is unique but I ran across some initial frustrations with setup (mainly because I had an existing Vonage system and I wanted to port my number). Getting the system to work with Vonage until the number transfer took place was somewhat confusing but an extremely patient Ooma installation support rep helped me through the process and dealt with my gripes. You may also experience some initial setup hassle but once it's running you never think about it again. As long as you have a stable Internet connection, it's the best investment you'll ever make.

Rates for extras like the Premier service are here:
http://www.ooma.com/legal/rates

Go here to find out how much you'll pay in taxes in your state:
https://go.ooma.com/tax_calculator

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet
computiac wrote:So, What is the deal with the rebate ?

Good or no good ?

Yes, I did download it and read it.

In for 1 if it's good !

Must send in UPC barcode by 5/20/12, todays purchasers probably won't get this shipped by 5/30/12.And does the refurb packaging have a UPC barcode? Many woot refurbs come in plain refurbed boxes.

todobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages todobe

We have used Ooma for the past 2 years. We still have our Verizon landline ($45/mo) with our old number and use the Ooma for our outgoing calls, saving about $25/month on our Verizon landline with its per call charging plan.
The Ooma replaced a second Verizon line.
We are in NY state and have been charged a $3.96 monthly fee for the past year or so.
It is VOIP with the occasional latency issues other VOIP and wireless callers.
Our ISP in Time Warner Cable, and calling a VOIP phone on NYC's other ISP, Optimum, resulted in enough dropped calls to justify using the Verizon line to call that particular number. The issue may be slow service on the Optimum side, we have TWC Turbo 15Mbs/1.5Mbs.

scrapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scrapple

just remember, that if you have an alarm system that relies on pots (plain ol telephone)... it will not work with ooma..

I had to spend $150 to upgrade my ADT system to a wireless system.

kmcavin65

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmcavin65
scrapple wrote:just remember, that if you have an alarm system that relies on pots (plain ol telephone)... it will not work with ooma..

I had to spend $150 to upgrade my ADT system to a wireless system.

Yep, I'm going through that right now.