MCM14127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MCM14127

What next? Seven dollar shipping? This is horrible..."Read more..." What if we LIKED just scrolling down? When I see "read more" in an ad, I rapidly lose interest and just click "x." BRING BACK THE OLD WOOT!

MCM14127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MCM14127

Thank God I did not have stock on this ill-fated-squirt-on-the-toilet-seat of a website. The house of Woot has become a stinky public Outhouse of Woot. How do we get the computer geek employees at Woot to stop putting their "drink the Kool Aid" positive comments on here? WE HATE this crappy busy mess.

Caffeineismydrug

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Caffeineismydrug

Why doesn't the neat top-navigation dropdown show the prices?

Next, Woot will add:
"Price shown at checkout"

<BOYCOTT>Currently on Woot Boycott until Deal-A-Day site is restored to sanity</BOYCOTT>

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz

Just noticed there are no Bouts of Consternation listed in the Community. Or a "Discuss" link in "Stuff You Bought."
Are we prohibited from discussing them now???

bigfatbass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigfatbass

Yet another successful e-commerce site running themselves straight down the crapper, taking bad advice from people only interested in lining their own pockets.
I used to check every day as close to 1am EST as I could, and stayed up straight through multiple days with the wootalyzer crew on justin.tv during the wootoffs. Since the w-o-o tazon merger (yes that's right, you can't even say w-o-o tazon in here, lol) added sales tax, I check when it occurs to me, far from every day, and with none of the old excitement. This latest Mcdonaldization of the site, right down to completely casting off it's original SUCCESSFUL biz model, are signs of what is sure to be a swift and spectacular decent. Greed, stupidity, and myopia, rule the day.

When you hit bottom, say hi to "hoopstick.com" for us, lol.

smells like death in here.

echelon3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echelon3

Just not enough blinking banners, flash animations, and garish colors for my taste.
Oh, and can we please get a Farmville like game to play and our horoscopes on the front page too, please?
I've really missed AOL/MySpace homepage design, thanks Woot for bringing it back!

ki7xv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ki7xv

I was happy with the old format - why change.

Ordered a product, got "server" error and reordered. Turns out first order went thru even with the error. Tried to cancel the second order, no feedback as to whether it took or not. Tried service@woot.com and that took me somewhere else other than woot so was not useful.

johnmcd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnmcd

My vote: YUCK.

tonyeye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonyeye
Caffeineismydrug wrote:Why doesn't the neat top-navigation dropdown show the prices?

Next, Woot will add:
"Price shown at checkout"

They already do that with the TAX!

Booo Woot, boooo.

brainchasm

quality posts: 6 Private Messages brainchasm

You know how when you work on something really hard, for a long time, and can't bear to let it go, even though your target audience overwhelmingly dislikes it?

Yeah...

Sorry, but change it back. Or at least let us choose. But right now, it looks like a LOT worse. I can't even imagine trying to pull this up on a mobile device.

hyperhtml

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hyperhtml

Will I be able to make purchases with my Amazon Points?!

ognotongo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ognotongo

Yea...sorry guys. Ditch the "woot!plus" stuff, put everything from the "read more" link back on the primary page, and give us a light version of the website and you might be on to something. Failing that, bring back the old site.

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Hard to tell what's Woot and what's an add.

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes
bigfatbass wrote:Yet another successful e-commerce site running themselves straight down the crapper, taking bad advice from people only interested in lining their own pockets.
I used to check every day as close to 1am EST as I could, and stayed up straight through multiple days with the wootalyzer crew on justin.tv during the wootoffs. Since the w-o-o tazon merger (yes that's right, you can't even say w-o-o tazon in here, lol) added sales tax, I check when it occurs to me, far from every day, and with none of the old excitement. This latest Mcdonaldization of the site, right down to completely casting off it's original SUCCESSFUL biz model, are signs of what is sure to be a swift and spectacular decent. Greed, stupidity, and myopia, rule the day.

When you hit bottom, say hi to "hoopstick.com" for us, lol.

Scott's House of Butts, wow you really cant type it in.

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

It looks exactly like sharkstores.com. Note, this is NOT a positive comparison, because that site sucks.

gspet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gspet

I've probably only bought about a dozen products over the years so losing me won't be a tragedy, but word of mouth is so important to a business. I've lost track of how many people I've turned on to Woot. Now there's nothing to say about you, no reason to tell anyone. Sorry. Bye.

Sirwootsalot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sirwootsalot

I think the new site look / feel is OK, but the thing I'm excited about is being able to have more than one shipping address saved in your account. I like to order from wine.woot, but my workplace is a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to having wine delivered, so I need to have it shipped to my girlfriend's work. Love that I can save it as an alternate address now! Thank you woot!

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

The only think I like about the new site in the quick view links at the top. Everything else sucks. I can’t make heads or tails of what I’m supposed to look at. It’s like bad Freeware/Torrent Spam site

This site is extremely slow and you can’t find the forums unless you click through multiple pages taking minutes for each page to load.

In the words of Roger Rabbit.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss bring back the old Woot

Or I may just have to stop telling everyone I know/meet, how cool Woot is….Or should I say was!

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara

a) Why can't I see my recent comments by clicking my username?
b) oot!Azonway is not making me love it
c) Customer service: the 'order tracking' link for all orders goes to FedEx, whether the shipments actually went to UPS, USPS or FedEx. The 'tracking information' we received via email had the correct links.
d) The tabs are a very good idea; the page formatting is not.
e) Please put the date/time stamp back on posts, and figure out why there is so much white space around very short posts. Use the space to show the entire username, if nothing else.
f) This is the second Monday of the week. There will be four more just like this.

toddhilehoffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddhilehoffer

I enjoyed woot because it was simple. One deal everyday. If I want it, I buy it. Why do you need to GROW? Just keep a nice profit with a nice site and enjoy life. This new sight is way to busy. Websites are like houses, too much clutter ruins the space. This new sight is full of clutter.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Hmmm. Simple. An "H" and some "m"s. Sales will prove whether or not the new design is better, but think "Costco" - few choices, but high sales volume because customers believe Costco has chosen good items. Tarzan say, "simple good!"

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TRACK...
For each item you're selling, I noticed you wrote "End... CT" I think that's a great idea! Next we can end RI. The only question is will those states be absorbed into NY or MA?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

wootmeharder

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootmeharder

So do any of you really think Amazon gives a CRAP what you think? I predicted this last year when Amazon bought out woot...they would take what was a fun, lighthearted and unique site and turn it into the same old garbage online shopping site. This is just another step in the demise of woot.
Whenever a corporation gets hold of a good, original idea, some foolish fool board of directors destroys it to try to increase the bottom line by 1%.
Woot is on its way out...I said it before and they are proving me right. Sad, but all empires fall.

stars200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stars200
MrJazz wrote:Just noticed there are no Bouts of Consternation listed in the Community. Or a "Discuss" link in "Stuff You Bought."
Are we prohibited from discussing them now???

I thought it was just me missing the "Discuss" link.

chris914

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris914

I vote no on the new look. Sorry

So I'm voting with my feet.

So long woot! I'll miss u!

stars200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stars200

Woot, I get the new look now. Go to Wikipedia and look for "New Coke". Rememeber that Well.

"The American public's reaction to the change was negative and the new cola was a major marketing failure. The subsequent reintroduction of Coke's original formula, re-branded as "Coca-Cola Classic", resulted in a significant gain in sales, leading to speculation that the introduction of the New Coke formula was just a marketing ploy."

brogwalkerh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brogwalkerh
lavinastald wrote:Three ads all on the front page? No easy description that I see. Color me not impressed.

I agree: this new site is crap. Why do I have to dig for a description? This site sucks major yoga balls. And those things are big.

katblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katblue
stars200 wrote:I thought it was just me missing the "Discuss" link.

After you click on the community title, next click on "sort by last post"

Discussions on the Bouts of Consternation are usually near the top.

partzispartz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages partzispartz
SaVioR wrote:Loving the hate. The net these days is all about a mass of information at your fingertips all at once as fast as possible. GREAT job on the new design coming from a certified user interace engineer. LOVING it guys.

UNFORTUNATELY, SaVioR (and whom exactly is it that you save, btw) your bias is staining your underwear and it was not ->users<- who certified you. Of courese, if not for constant jiggering of interfaces for no reason, you wouldn't have much of a job now would you? The days of shiny-bright-new-makes-more-money are gone. This isn't Tide. We're not bored housewives from the '50s.

bjoselit1445

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjoselit1445
lavinastald wrote:Three ads all on the front page? No easy description that I see. Color me not impressed.

The Adds dont bug me too much but to me the difference between Woot and other deal a day sites are the Write-ups thats what keeps me on the site and usually makes me thing about buying (except Shirt.woot), now i feel like I'm shopping (Blech) instead of procrastinating at work

sadiemay7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadiemay7

Yeah, I'm wondering did you guys do any A/B testing before rolling this out? I'm guessing not, otherwise you could have found out before now that the design would make people angry.

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
halperez wrote:Yes they did. Woot used to be about one deal a day. Now more space is devoted to the weekly deals than to the one deal a day. That's a new direction, a departure from what woot used to be.

I just don't see what is so terrible about woot wanting to offer more than one deal a day...I think people are forgetting that this is a business and no matter how much you want woot to never change it is going to evolve, woot was designed to make money. Who starts a business and doesn't want it to grow and flourish? If woot only sold one item a day and never added to its business it probably wouldn't be around anymore. Woot has grown and it has changed, but no matter what, woot is woot. They still have all of the core things that made it special. I don't mind if you don't agree, I am just sharing my opinion.

I ♥ WOOT!!!

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

You guys have made a big mistake with this redesign. The bar at the top is great, sadly it's about the only thing that is. You've gone from being a simple 1 deal a day website to being a cluttered mess. The number of ads you feel you can cram on one page is insulting to someone who's been a customer of yours for years. The page is so busy I can't even really stand to look at it anymore.

Also, I have to click a link and load another page to see the description and specs of the product? Give me a break.

I might come back when you guys finally fix this mess but I have a bad feeling our relationship might be over at this point. You've taken a great and unique site and turned it into the same trash that's already all over the internet. It's pretty sad.

chrisquinn13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chrisquinn13
jandk113 wrote:I just don't see what is so terrible about woot wanting to offer more than one deal a day...I think people are forgetting that this is a business and no matter how much you want woot to never change it is going to evolve, woot was designed to make money. Who starts a business and doesn't want it to grow and flourish? If woot only sold one item a day and never added to its business it probably wouldn't be around anymore. Woot has grown and it has changed, but no matter what, woot is woot. They still have all of the core things that made it special. I don't mind if you don't agree, I am just sharing my opinion.

What is bad is exactly what you said. If you went to your favorite shoe store and had guys all of a sudden trying to sell you meat on a stick and pet cats you would probably grow tired of those things that "evolved" to offer you more items. They can easily add these features without completely changing what we love so much about the site. I love that it is simple, I love that it is easy... but this new site is just too much crap.

kh99

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kh99

It would be nice if woot.com/Default.aspx were redirected to the new front page. I was thinking the site's been down for a couple days.

Sorry if this has been said a million times already. For those of you bothered by that kind of thing, this is a chance to work on your ignoring skills.

andrewtl

quality posts: 20 Private Messages andrewtl
Jesterfx wrote:...wanted to also mention I love the idea of the combined shipping (already one of the best deals online for larger items). Since you can now use our Amazon account to log in to Woot...any chance of "Amazon Prime" accounts being associated with woot accounts for prime shipping? That would be even more awesome!

this would make me overjoyed. would make prime worth it.

pfffft!

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
chrisquinn13 wrote:What is bad is exactly what you said. If you went to your favorite shoe store and had guys all of a sudden trying to sell you meat on a stick and pet cats you would probably grow tired of those things that "evolved" to offer you more items. They can easily add these features without completely changing what we love so much about the site. I love that it is simple, I love that it is easy... but this new site is just too much crap.

Obviously you don't look at things the way I do, so no amount of explaining my point is going to make you agree with me, and that is fine. I don't get on here to argue, only to share my opinion. I love woot, and I am excited they are offering more items for me to buy!!

I ♥ WOOT!!!

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Check out Woot's previous appearances at:

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20010901000000*/http://www.woot.com

ron

nabreu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nabreu

this is crap

zfadinglifez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zfadinglifez

www.woot.com/today
looks much better than www.woot.com
keep it simple..keep it clean..

put your new woot!plus as another tab up top and get it off the main pages..

please don't make us click to get the full product info..please!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all

frostymug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frostymug

subtraction by addition.

The Tetris School of Web Design