omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009
ThunderThighs wrote:You will be asked to log in when viewing pages that have personal information: Stuff You Bought and Your Account.

We are using new and improved methods for payment authorization which means you no longer have to enter a CCV. However, for security, we do require you to log in to those pages as they have your address and payment information. This keeps someone from walking by your computer (e.g. work) and ordering all the things on your credit card.

That wont work, CCV already prevented people from buying stuff on my account. Log-in info is saved in the browser this days,That would have to be disabled. Taking the CCV out, which was not remembered by the browser, and requiring extra log-ins adds the inconvenience typing the ID and password. People will not bother with it and save the log-in info in their browsers, really leaving them vulnerable.

"Yeah, the CCV 3 digits are hard to remember, lets do away with that and make them log in again."
Is that how the meeting went?

Don't even want to think about all the hate mail woot will get come B.O.Crap time.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

qjuantum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages qjuantum
DaveD1420 wrote:Too much on the page. It looks like AOL threw up.

LMAOLO

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
Lazarus2 wrote:~"Isn't Woot all about "One Day, One Deal"?
That's where our roots are."~

AND, that's the sales-niche the people who built WOOT! found worked great.
Unfortunately, it worked so great, a large Internet sales company bought WOOT! and in short order converted it into a "lite" version of their big Internet sales company. - Thus today, we have:
Amazon, a great Internet sales site of which I'm a member and have spent thousands of dollars and will no doubt spend more;
and
Amazon Lite (aka WOOT!) a once-great idea and sales site, where I've spent thousands of dollars, but doubt I will spend much in the future. The new owners don't understand WOOT!'s concept and why it appealed to so many crazy people.
I'm not sure why we need Amazon Lite, as we have the full version, and it offers more than this version of WOOT! can ever hope to offer.
It's sad. I used to look forward to midnight and the new tune/song (anyone remember them?), the crazy write-ups, and feeling I was sharing a fun place with like-insane folks - and of course, "One Day, One Deal" I might buy ~
WOOT!'s new owners think ""if we can find ways to bring you more cool stuff cheap (everyday with a plethora of links to go through, like our big business), it kinda seems like we should"" which goes to show you, the big Internet sales place (Amazon) has no idea what made WOOT! great and why people used to watch the clock to be the first to WOOT! and experience the craziness, and deal, that happened here at midnight.
Amazon Lite? Thanks, but no thanks. It's lost it's charm and there's a better selection at the full scale site.

This^.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

dkmaster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkmaster

why redesign a wheel that was rolling along so successfully? Woot was fun in it's simplicity and ease. Now it's busy, convoluted & there's entirely too much of it! I'm just about to give up looking at it every night when it comes up. Really big mistake..........

bower515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bower515
halperez wrote:Woot should be unveiling their new logo any day now.

That's classic. It's great that Woot seems to be listening to Amazon because Amazon didn't take seven years turn a profit right.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

OK, I shared my overall thoughts earlier (probably the equivalent of shouting into the wind but whatever) but I have to add one more thing.

Either get rid of the "woot plus" deals or put the price of the item on the respective woot site home page. This "make-the-buyer-click-through-to-see-the-price-idea" is both annoying and seems antithetical to what made Woot THE original and best deal-a-day site for so long. Calling it a deal-a-day site now is, frankly, a joke.

jermzone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jermzone

I'm fine with the layout on my PC, but when I look at it on my iPhone it is WAY to hard to navigate etc. I've missed some deals just because I have stopped checking the site from my phone. Maybe a simplified mobile version or something?

theQueenZ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theQueenZ

Woot now looks like my kids room when they get their butts smacked because they dumped their toys all over the floor.

Please get your room cleaned up again.

ndlman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndlman

Unfortunately, it worked so great, a large Internet sales company bought WOOT! and in short order converted it into a "lite" version of their big Internet sales company. - Thus today, we have:
Amazon, a great Internet sales site of which I'm a member and have spent thousands of dollars and will no doubt spend more;
and
Amazon Lite (aka WOOT!) a once-great idea and sales site, where I've spent thousands of dollars, but doubt I will spend much in the future. The new owners don't understand WOOT!'s concept and why it appealed to so many crazy people.
I'm not sure why we need Amazon Lite, as we have the full version, and it offers more than this version of WOOT! can ever hope to offer.
It's sad. I used to look forward to midnight and the new tune/song (anyone remember them?), the crazy write-ups, and feeling I was sharing a fun place with like-insane folks - and of course, "One Day, One Deal" I might buy ~
WOOT!'s new owners think ""if we can find ways to bring you more cool stuff cheap (everyday with a plethora of links to go through, like our big business), it kinda seems like we should"" which goes to show you, the big Internet sales place (Amazon) has no idea what made WOOT! great and why people used to watch the clock to be the first to WOOT! and experience the craziness, and deal, that happened here at midnight.
Amazon Lite? Thanks, but no thanks. It's lost it's charm and there's a better selection at the full scale site.

^^^EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Never missed a day looking at woot...now I don't even care.

zippy_the_pinhead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zippy_the_pinhead
ndlman wrote:^^^EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Never missed a day looking at woot...now I don't even care.

I'll second that (although I still do check daily to see if they've come to their senses. Alas... they haven't. So sad.)

PH

soupsandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupsandwich

Way too busy now. The simple, straight forward "here's what we got and here's how much" along with the enormously gratifying description is now lost on the Yahoo themed front page. Please bring the old Woot back. My days are not the same without them...

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Way too difficult to navigate on my Ipad in a timely fashion - too much clutter. Bad enough on this desktop, but then again, I repeat myself. It is doable, but not really any fun.

TravCleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravCleek
jrs1980 wrote:Agreed. I'll often read the product write-up even if I'm not at all interested in the product. I take free entertainment where ever I can get it. I don't see myself doing a double-click and then a page-down.

Also, three sets of links to all of the sister sites? Top, right, and bottom? Seems overkill to me, especially since the top menu is static.

I still hate my avatar.

I also hate the default avatars.

Ubb9K4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ubb9K4

Sheeple.

This forum is full of people complaining about avatars, font size and title bars.

New woot REQUIRES you identify yourself JUST TO SEE THE FRONT PAGE. Woot fails to make its main page visible unless you are logged in or click through the dumbass login screen. Want to visit woot from shared/public computer? You will have to click through the dumbass login screen.

You cannot just drop in and visit the site without the login popup, and the login popup obscures the site. You cannot even SEE the site unless you 1) log in, and 2) let woot put (tracking) cookies on your PC.

Can any of you think of another site build like that? Out of thousands of sites I've been to, Woot is the ONLY one that fails unless I identify myself.

All you people complaining about avatars: get a clue about protecting your privacy.

Woot is very close to becoming a site I'll never visit again.

zandgre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zandgre
dpk3062 wrote:Woot was simple, Woot was fun. Now it's just another online store.

In an era where choices multiply like ravenous zombies and information drowns the senses, Woot has been a bastion of simplicity: a daily mystery, a humorous writeup, and one single decision.

Woot wasn't a deals site, it was a clever part of internet counterculture where you ALSO got a deal. But like so many brilliant ideas, the suits didn't understand what made it great.

I'll miss it.

jaxlaxsurprise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxlaxsurprise
zandgre wrote:In an era where choices multiply like ravenous zombies and information drowns the senses, Woot has been a bastion of simplicity: a daily mystery, a humorous writeup, and one single decision.

Woot wasn't a deals site, it was a clever part of internet counterculture where you ALSO got a deal. But like so many brilliant ideas, the suits didn't understand what made it great.

I'll miss it.

This comment, and many of the ones above, really sum up my feelings well. I haven't been much of a woot commenter, and I doubt anything will change based on what I post, but I want to add my two cents anyway. I've been going to woot for years and years, visiting it daily for months at a time (though it does fall off my radar for a few weeks now and then). Ever since these changes, though, I don't want to check it anymore. My favorite things about woot were the simple model, clever product descriptions, and straight talk about whether a product is worthwhile. This new design hides away the description, favors spam and ads I don't care about, and overall sacrifices character and creativity for consumerism. I've given it a while to see if I'd get used to it, but every single time I come back and am disappointed. I'm actually surprised at myself for how much this bugs me, but there you have it. If the deals are just as good, glad to hear it. I don't think I'll be here to see them.

snuff51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuff51

I agree with the many posts before mine. Spammy, AOL threw up, suits don't get it. etc, etc.

I don't see ads though. My ad blocker in Opera owns them. All the new scripts running are annoying too, and my script blocker has had a hard time blocking them. I found a great work around though. Have your ad blocker block http://d3eiloi9duvkcu.cloudfront.net/scripts/* and http://d3eiloi9duvkcu.cloudfront.net/lib/scripts/* and you'll stop any of the hard to block scripts from loading.

I hope they change things back, but realisticly i doubt they will. This was truly a great stop on the internet highway, it's a shame it'll never be the same.

jksn17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jksn17

Very disappointed in the new Woot.com design. The things that made Woot great are now buried under a mess of ads, sub-sections and corporate sellout!

I can ask that you rethink this design and go back to what worked well, but I know you won't. I've been down this road with other websites. I had hoped that you, Woot, would never do this to me, but alas you did. You've chosen to abandon those who love and care for you, and follow your corporate master, Amazon. I hope you're happy, I really do. Because you'll be alone soon...you've chosen to do something that will drive away customers more than attract them.

So sad for you Woot.

Soon you will be Amazon Lightning Deals.com...

You no longer deserve your !, you are no longer Woot! to me. You are simply Woot.

MikeW2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeW2
jksn17 wrote:Very disappointed in the new Woot.com design. The things that made Woot great are now buried under a mess of ads, sub-sections and corporate sellout!

I can ask that you rethink this design and go back to what worked well, but I know you won't. I've been down this road with other websites. I had hoped that you, Woot, would never do this to me, but alas you did. You've chosen to abandon those who love and care for you, and follow your corporate master, Amazon. I hope you're happy, I really do. Because you'll be alone soon...you've chosen to do something that will drive away customers more than attract them.

So sad for you Woot.

Soon you will be Amazon Lightning Deals.com...

You no longer deserve your !, you are no longer Woot! to me. You are simply Woot.

Yea like this guy said and so many others have undoubteley said before him the amozon woot bites. Down with Amozwoot, Amowoot, Woot azon, BACK to Woot! The way it should be......please......perty please.

MikeW

MikeW2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MikeW2

Why could I not wright "woot azon" as one word without some spelling bot messing with it? Is this some ciber big brother BS or what?

MikeW

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt

I still click the Woot icon on my toolbar now and then, remembering how I used to enjoy the site, but the new design glares its brightness at me and displays so many tiny blocks of text and pictures intended to SELL SELL SELL that the pleasure of reading a clever Woot product description is gone. (I leave before I click through to the write-up.) My purchase history shows that my enjoyment of the site led to quite a few purchases in the past, but no more. Let me know if you ever revert to the old site. Otherwise, no need to keep my credit card info on file, since I won't be here to use it.

ReidFleming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ReidFleming

For the most part, everything I would like to say has been brought up throughout this thread. I'll just put these thoughts here:

1 - More often than not, I find myself forgetting to check woot at some point during the day and that never used to happen.

2 - When I do check, I let out an exasperated sigh/grunt over the main page log in prompt that dims the site I want to check out. That's just bad Internet form (I guess I should be thankful there's no auto-play music).

3 - It will all come down to money (unless stupidity rules the day). If the proceeds post-change have gone down, woot should revert. If they haven't, all of our clamoring will mean nothing.

Milk, anyone?

mechjagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mechjagger

Just me or is Woot Plus more of an advertising gimmick for third parties. Most items are always sold out... feels too much like black Friday now.

I'm half tempted to write a browser plugin that hides some of the woot page crap, but lets see what happens when the site goes from beta to live.

turtletea

quality posts: 2 Private Messages turtletea

New design is way too busy and cluttered... too much stuff going on at the same time. With all the products for sale on the page it's hard to tell, at a glance, which is the main woot item for sale. Also, I hate not being able to see the entire product description on the main page... I have to click "continue reading" to see the rest of the product description. Hate this! I also don't like seeing just 1 of the top comments on the main page. The top comments usually provide great feedback and insight... I want to see all the top comments on the main page.

RaisinROM

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RaisinROM

I DID NOT need to make up a clever write-up, I just borrowed what other WOOTERS had to say, so

THANK YOU other wooters ! I also didn't have time to read through ALL of the posts, just the NARWHALS!
freaking page, but I think this about covers it.

So BELOW are copies/pastes from other Wooters---the BEST from the first page of complaints from the
new and NOT improved website. Personally, I am not nearly as interested or excited to run to WOOT
when the new item is posted, because I can barely FIND IT.

Woot is more concerned with advertising dollars than about it's loyal fans, many of whom are NO LONGER.

WOOT is going the way of NETFLIX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>down DOWN dOwN DoWn
---------
---------------------
------------------------------

Agreed on the "Way Too Much Stuff on the Front Page" comment. The "Woot Plus" items taking up more space than the actual Woot item seem particularly unnecessary.

Too much on the page. It looks like AOL threw up.

CLICK TO READ the 2nd half of the product description---Walrus Toting Halibut ?

The front page just looks ugly and repulsive. I want to close the window as soon as I see it. Please go back to the simple design.

Boy, what an ugly/busy/convoluted site.

Agreed. Woot was simple, Woot was fun. Now it's just another online store.
the pages are now way busy. I really loved the simplicity of woot's pages.
Simple is in. Busy is out.
The front page just looks gross now. What is the benefit? How does making the site harder to navigate make it "better" ?
Sometimes, newer isn't better!

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

RaisinROM

and

Well written, well put, I totally agree !

Dazzle DVD, Tornado USB, No Crank Hose Reel, SCREAMING Monkey, Woot Off Lights, Solar Panel, Ion USB Turntable, Power Squid, Sansa, Slacker, Ed Hardy RC Plane, EzyFlare, iPod, hammer, tv, A N D . . . my FIRST Bag of Coal !!!!!!!!!!! After that: Little Giant ladder, large button remotes for dad, Dremel Multi-Max tool, Vornado Fan, Emerson Timer, Oliso Iron, EZY Flares, LED Safety Triangle, Dyson DC21, Screaming Monkeys, Mini CamCorder

RaisinROM

dkmaster wrote:why redesign a wheel that was rolling along so successfully? Woot was fun in it's simplicity and ease. Now it's busy, convoluted & there's entirely too much of it! I'm just about to give up looking at it every night when it comes up. Really big mistake..........

yup yup yup---I used to STAY UP to see what ONE item was going to come up, then I was okay with a FEW items---HOME---SHIRT---WINE---but it has gotten ridiculous now---you can't even tell what's what or what's where---half the crap doesn't even seem like it's a deal

RaisinROM

theQueenZ wrote:Woot now looks like my kids room when they get their butts smacked because they dumped their toys all over the floor.

Please get your room cleaned up again.

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tempusvn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tempusvn

Well, I've given it time, and I still hate it. I don't know what it is but it isn't WOOT!.

I used to check every day. But since WOOT! isn't there any more, I'm going to go a week without checking this time. If WOOT! still is missing, I'll give it a month before deleting the bookmark. I guess we'll see if the cultural landmark that was WOOT is gone forever, buried under a corporate committee, or if they can actually listen to users. It will be an interesting exercise. Maybe it will be a paragraph in a marketing texbook one day.

iancgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iancgood

Adding my vote to the hundreds who are lamenting the new site. The best thing you can do when you make a mistake is admit it and make it right. Here's hoping you do that quickly, before its too late.

baymiusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baymiusa

this is taking much longer to buy something, you guys are taking a step back in time! you want to take your customer's money ASAP not tell him to hold on for hrs just to see if I can place an order!!! what is wong with you people!!!

Ok, I got that off my chest, now I want some discounts!!!

Bob Yam

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro

I've pretty much washed my hands of woot altogether. I was chased off from the Great Shirt Change of Early 2012 and I haven't purchased anything from woot since then. Amazon owns another site that I shop on a lot and it hasn't changed like woot. Besides the $5 shipping being available for anything you buy today I don't see anything that I like or can deal with.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

The thing I always enjoyed about woot! was the simplicity of the concept... one day, one item. Then Big Brother Amazon blew into town and turned woot! into just another overstock site. Now it’s one day..one hundred items displayed on pages that look like Jackson Pollack threw up.

The beginning on the end for me was the drastic decline in shirt woot! Forget about ordering anything…I don’t even look at the shirts any longer. Now we have boring designs available on tank tops, table clothes totes, thongs, etc. L@me.

Now I have to deal with a bunch of specialty sites…with multiple “deals” on each of them. home! sport! kids! shirt! wine! sellout! deals! local! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I, like many of you, will be voting with my wallet. If I want all of this I’ll just go to Amazon. At least I’ll get free shipping and I can return items.

Goodbye, old friend woot! I don’t even recognize you. You're horribly disfigured and fat. You had a good run and now you’ve completely jumped the shark. Maybe you could list yourself on sellout! because that's what you've done.

hellorufino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellorufino

and

All of this. Too busy, etc. Looking at the front page gives me a headache. K.I.S.S.

jultox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jultox

Well, I gave it a try, and just can not enjoy the cluttered experience, added clicks to community, and the general trend away from simple.

My woot bookmark is being deleted today, and I am actually sad.

Good bye woot and community.

RaisinROM

DoublEE wrote:The thing I always enjoyed about woot! was the simplicity of the concept... one day, one item. Then Big Brother Amazon blew into town and turned woot! into just another overstock site. Now it’s one day..one hundred items displayed on pages that look like Jackson Pollack threw up.

The beginning on the end for me was the drastic decline in shirt woot! Forget about ordering anything…I don’t even look at the shirts any longer. Now we have boring designs available on tank tops, table clothes totes, thongs, etc. L@me.

Now I have to deal with a bunch of specialty sites…with multiple “deals” on each of them. home! sport! kids! shirt! wine! sellout! deals! local! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I, like many of you, will be voting with my wallet. If I want all of this I’ll just go to Amazon. At least I’ll get free shipping and I can return items.

Goodbye, old friend woot! I don’t even recognize you. You're horribly disfigured and fat. You had a good run and now you’ve completely jumped the shark. Maybe you could list yourself on sellout! because that's what you've done.

AWESOME POST !

I totally agree.

fooshizn1x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fooshizn1x
dpk3062 wrote:Agreed. Woot was simple, Woot was fun. Now it's just another online store.

+1 Agree... might as well just skip the hub-bub and go straight to amazon.

Kaplan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kaplan

I'm here to just echo the sentiments above. What was once a fun site is now a cluttered mess and a chore to sift through.

I'm not really mad at Woot, they're trying to grow like any other company, but they've lost the charm that kept me wanting to come back everyday.

ericcan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericcan

I guess I never realized how much a site's design and concept drove my purchasing.I have spent more on woot than any other site than amazon itself. I hate to not be constructive, but the redesign is just horrible. I have no motivation to just drop in and see what's on woot today. What a mess. Someone must have figured out how to make money on destroying a brand.

allthecoolnamesweretaken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allthecoolnamesweretaken

Hate it! Put it back the way it was, it takes way too long to find the deal I'm looking for. If you leave it like this, I'll be buying my daily deals from other sites.