cleverlyc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverlyc
ThunderThighs wrote:Not true. We've heard the sentiment in this forum and others that some don't like Woot Plus. It would be wrong to say that all wooters hate Woot Plus though. There are wooters that seem to like it but perhaps don't post as much.


Not that I understand why you have links to audio gear in your comment, but I have yet to see but one person mention Plus without a degrading and insulting aside. You want us to click-through? Make Plus a link, having it front and center is unnecessary and unwanted (at least by me, if not the thousands of posters clamoring FOR it).

ThunderThighs wrote:The home page should be seen as a portal. It shows all the deals that are available for that day.


Don't want a portal, didn't ask for a portal, W00t has never BEEN a portal, why are you trying to make it one now?
Ah, Amazon has their expectations, don't they? I understand you have jobs, need money, feed family, etc etc. But a 'Portal' is not what W00t has ever been to me. If I want that, I can go to Amazon, or eBay, wholeheartedly abandoning the basic premise of W00t (ONE deal, ONE day) is a deal-breaker, especially because now it's just a huge page of marketing. Marketing that w00t never used to have. Marketing I can do without. Plus, in it's entirety, is marketing garbage that is the antithesis of what I expect from W00t.

ThunderThighs wrote:If you click through, you go to the detail page which is more what we had with the previous design but without the extra stuff (e.g. ads) and with easier to access information. Photos that are easier to find. Tabs to help navigate the information instead of a page that endlessly scrolled.


Photos are easier to find? Easier than clicking on the photo on the front page? Don't worry about blocking ads for us, we can do that just fine with our browsers, and to be frank, you've added an extra 5 ads to every page with the likes of 'Plus.'

ThunderThighs wrote:So please don't think that we've deserted our loyal wooters with the new home page design. We've given you what you want on the details page. If you prefer that page as your landing page for woot, just change your bookmark to /today for all the URLs (e.g. www.woot.com/today)


Well, since some of us are continuing to complain, perhaps you HAVEN'T given us what we want, you've given us what AMAZON wants. I'm betting you no longer can give us what we want, simplicity and elegance is not Amazon's style.

bradsbabe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe
cleverlyc wrote:Well, since some of us are continuing to complain, perhaps you HAVEN'T given us what WE want, you've given us what AMAZON wants. I'm betting you no longer can give us what we want, simplicity and elegance is not Amazon's style.



+1+1+1+1+1 - Quality post!

I was going to post the same sentiment - it's all about AMAZON.

conand19


quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

I don't really care about the page design, etc., etc. What I care about is the items for sale. Now I see the same type of items every day for not wonderful prices. The variety and wonderful deals are gone, gone, gone. I just don't bother looking at Woot every day any more. It used to be my first stop of the day.

lartomar2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lartomar2002

Why fix what is not broken. I knew it would only be a matter of time before WOOT would be changing when I read that you had been bough by Amazon. How long before you turn into a full internet catalog like Amazon. Please go back to the way you were before.

halperez


quality posts: 10 Private Messages halperez
inkycatz wrote:The great thing about that feedback button is that it's really provided a lot of feedback in such a short time frame, which is awesome. We're still looking at all the suggestions and working out the best solutions that not only fit our needs here at woot, but all of customer's needs as well. It's challenging at times, and we know it's frustrating, but we want everyone to stay in the loop and will keep trying to be pretty transparent at what we're up to.



Transparent? Every once in a while a staff member will pop in and say "we're listening" without the major areas of concern being addressed. One of Amaz…uh…Woot's needs should be its customers. Without them, Woot will die. Woot will no longer be profitable. Implementing the suggestions of the customers in order to keep the customers should fit the needs of Woot. Here's a simple fix that Woot can implement. Move the Plus items to their own page. One page with ALL of the Plus deals. Each other group, home, sport, etc…, can be bumped up a level, eliminating the portals and putting the humorous description where the customers want it. Home.woot.com now returns to the one item a day concept instead of a portal to promote the Plus deals. People will go to the Plus page. People will see the Plus deals. Actually, more people will see more of the Plus deals instead of skipping the Plus deals on the pages they don't look at. I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't go to all of the pages every day so I don't see all that Woot is offering. It's a quick fix. It's an easy fix. And it shows the customers that Woot is actually hearing what they are saying instead of just passively listening.

jgcair


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgcair

Like the new site and the old site. Could you keep it simple and keep both open with different log-ins. That way I could retain my three log-ins and spend more time on the interweb. Also put all comments on one screen, just use smaller script.

jgc

joshaw


quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw
ThunderThighs wrote:Not true. We've heard the sentiment in this forum and others that some don't like Woot Plus. It would be wrong to say that all wooters hate Woot Plus though. There are wooters that seem to like it but perhaps don't post as much.



As a long time wooter that has bought 200 items and turned countless people on to woot, I feel I need to chime in to this misleading statement. Of course all wooters don't hate Woot Plus (myself included), but most DO hate how the redesign with WP ruins the site.woot pages. It destroys the simplicity and fun (the clever writeups NEED to be on the page, not the WP deals). I like how the WP deals are shown in the hover tabs, why not just keep it there and not on the site.woot page? I'm a very positive person but I've given it time and the design is horrible.

ThunderThighs wrote:I think the new site design can meet the desires of those that want the old design and those that like the new design.

The home page should be seen as a portal. It shows all the deals that are available for that day.



In its current form, it does NOT meet the desires of the people that want the old design. I like the hover tabs with the WP deals listed but I CAN CLICK from the hover tab if I want to see them. Leave it at that.

ThunderThighs wrote:So please don't think that we've deserted our loyal wooters with the new home page design. We've given you what you want on the details page. If you prefer that page as your landing page for woot, just change your bookmark to /today for all the URLs (e.g. www.woot.com/today)

It's kinda the best of both worlds.



The /today does not work for me. Why? When I set the woot.com/today as my bookmark, everything comes up and it looks great. But, when I go to click on the home.woot tab, I'm immediately back to the eyesore. Instead of me changing my bookmark, it would be much wiser for woot to change the tab links to site.woot.com/today, at least according to all of the feedback I've read. It isn't the best of both worlds, TT, and you know it. I have been a loyal, positive wooter and I definitely feel deserted.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska



... I don't know if it's possible to get this fixed before the woot-off, but I know I wasn't the only one seeing it before.

Reported it to beta feedback. Again.

I'm using an IE 8 on WinXP - and I now that I can't be the only wooter with that combination. I have firefox on a different workstation, but this is what's happening on this one.

Not trying to be annoying about it, but I don't want the request to get lost.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Moueska wrote:

... I don't know if it's possible to get this fixed before the woot-off, but I know I wasn't the only one seeing it before.

Reported it to beta feedback. Again.

I'm using an IE 8 on WinXP - and I now that I can't be the only wooter with that combination. I have firefox on a different workstation, but this is what's happening on this one.

Not trying to be annoying about it, but I don't want the request to get lost.


It's a known issue. I'm not sure where it is on the fix-it schedule (yes, there's a big one). I'll send it in as well.

FYI, I see it on my IE8 as well.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Yay! I'm not alone! Thanks, TT.


I also worry that it might scare off newish w00ters in the w00t-off, whenever it comes, if the glowy button is used.

After all, not all new w00tees will be on Firefox, etc.

jt4703


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jt4703

The email said changes had already been made in response to the feedback but I don't see any changes. What exactly has been changed? We're still stuck with 'portal' pages, a very click heavy interface to get to the good stuff (write ups) and the comments are still strangled to one at a time.

Jessara


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

Initial Wootoff buy went very well. I was already logged in to my acct. and really liked not having to reiterate my PIN. This might just work,

blazesandbubbles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazesandbubbles

This really bites! Not only does the new layout suck but I haven't seen one deal that I couldn't live without. As someone else said "nothing I couldn't go to a store and get for the same price".

Like the old saying goes: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It wasn't broke, and now you jacked it up all wrong! Sorry Woot, but I'm thinking about unsubscribing. Not worth the junk mail now.

Bakin_Goddess

andrewtl


quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Did they shrink the woot off lights to make room for "it's a woot off!"? so much clutter on the page how would we have known it was a woot-off otherwise?

pfffft!

Cyradia


quality posts: 30 Private Messages Cyradia
joshaw wrote:The /today does not work for me. Why? When I set the woot.com/today as my bookmark, everything comes up and it looks great. But, when I go to click on the home.woot tab, I'm immediately back to the eyesore. Instead of me changing my bookmark, it would be much wiser for woot to change the tab links to site.woot.com/today, at least according to all of the feedback I've read. It isn't the best of both worlds, TT, and you know it. I have been a loyal, positive wooter and I definitely feel deserted.



+1!!

I think this has turned into a fascinating case study of customer - vendor interaction. Watching all these vets with huge woot purchase histories state their concerns and then watching the staff take the mantra of, "Thanks for you're feedback, we're reading it!...by the way, there is no problem and we're only fixing tiny bugs (that should have been caught in testing anyway)!!!" is hilarious.

It's like a victim of a serious car crash has been wheeled into the emergency room, and the doctors run over and ignore all of the head injuries and massive bleeding...and start working on the patient's hangnail instead.

I'm betting on a very poor outcome for the woot regulars and community (i.e., look at the drop in forum activity EXCEPT the threads complaining about the redesign). It might still end up being profitable for Amazon as a minor outlet to sell stuff. I just hope the creative folks who came up with the original marketing idea were well compensated. It's pretty impressive for a small company to have grown this large in a world FULL of competition, and we're seeing that unique identity beaten to death.

firemellow2


quality posts: 1 Private Messages firemellow2

Another one bites the dust.

firemellow2


quality posts: 1 Private Messages firemellow2

"We do hear from people who want us to just "bring it all back" but honestly, that's not going to happen."

If you won't bring it all back, I won't be coming back. Sorry. The new Woot sucks.

andrewtl


quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
Cyradia wrote:+1!!

I think this has turned into a fascinating case study of customer - vendor interaction. Watching all these vets with huge woot purchase histories state their concerns and then watching the staff take the mantra of, "Thanks for you're feedback, we're reading it!...by the way, there is no problem and we're only fixing tiny bugs (that should have been caught in testing anyway)!!!" is hilarious.

It's like a victim of a serious car crash has been wheeled into the emergency room, and the doctors run over and ignore all of the head injuries and massive bleeding...and start working on the patient's hangnail instead.

I'm betting on a very poor outcome for the woot regulars and community (i.e., look at the drop in forum activity EXCEPT the threads complaining about the redesign). It might still end up being profitable for Amazon as a minor outlet to sell stuff. I just hope the creative folks who came up with the original marketing idea were well compensated. It's pretty impressive for a small company to have grown this large in a world FULL of competition, and we're seeing that unique identity beaten to death.



So true. Am sharing this case with my friends at Harvard Business School.

pfffft!

audriab55


quality posts: 0 Private Messages audriab55

I hate the new format! I cannot toggle back and forth easily between the categories to see what's the new deal during woot offs. When there is just one item, the format is ok, but during woot offs, I have to scroll down to the bottom every time to change categories. Whoever had this idea should be beat! It sucks!!!

miken927


quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
joshaw wrote:The /today does not work for me. Why? When I set the woot.com/today as my bookmark, everything comes up and it looks great. But, when I go to click on the home.woot tab, I'm immediately back to the eyesore.



FWIW, instead of clicking on the tab, if you mouseover the tab and then click on the image of the product you'll be taken straight to the 'buy now' page.


------------------
I Bet on Sky

spookyelectric


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spookyelectric

Beta feedback button at the top of the screen generates an error message.

richmondhokie


quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie



This is a classic example of "hearing" but not listening......there are 22 pages of gripes - I bet if you took ALL of the positive comments and put them on one message thread - it might make one page.

"We are not going back" - it is obvious that while they solicit feedback - it is falling on deaf ears. NO ONE at wΘΘtazon is listening to us - like I said - they "hear" us, but don't care. I guess the sales metrics they are gathering are sufficient enough to justify their position.....frankly, I hope the metrics are a combination of a few new folks "finding" woot and a few wooters hoping it will go back to the days of old......who will slowly fade away leaving wΘΘtazon to die a slow death.

I have hung around to see what the next woot-off looked like - now that it is here - I had been hoping there would be a cleaner format for the woot-off - but even this is too cluttered - hard to see what is wooting-off amongst the crap along side it.

So, like I have been told before - don't complain without offering a solution. I agree that change IS needed from time to time - change is SUPPOSED to bring on new customers.....so....we have all said we don't like the clutter, and many of have said we DO like tabs across the top, so move Woot Plus to a tab - we ALL know how to get to the forums - maybe make 2 rows - if the WOOT tab has the focus - make a row appear below where we can go to the forums/blogs for the main tab....etc...we don't need it cluttering the main page.....

With that extra room, you don't need to relegate the cool write-ups to a second page - they can go back on the main page and still have a little room for the ads that you hope will make you money.

saschab


quality posts: 2 Private Messages saschab

I'm so confused.

First of all, we have to re-sign in when making a purchase even if we've already signed in? Do not like.

I can't find my previous posts. Where please?

snuff51


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuff51

Well gang, it's been fun. I voiced my displeasure earlier, along with the rest of you. They've made it obvious they're not going back and they couldn't care less what we think of the new site because they're obviously sticking with it.

In this world of dollars and cents there's really only one thing they understand and that's the bottom line. All of the offerings now aren't great deals. You can find them easily on other sites, amazon included. Therefore I see no reason to keep an active account here at woot. Maybe when people start deleting their accounts en masse they'll finally get it, who knows.

I wish you all (customers) the best of luck going forward. I'm off to delete my account. Take care guys & gals.

snuff51


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuff51
snuff51 wrote:Well gang, it's been fun. I voiced my displeasure earlier, along with the rest of you. They've made it obvious they're not going back and they couldn't care less what we think of the new site because they're obviously sticking with it.

In this world of dollars and cents there's really only one thing they understand and that's the bottom line. All of the offerings now aren't great deals. You can find them easily on other sites, amazon included. Therefore I see no reason to keep an active account here at woot. Maybe when people start deleting their accounts en masse they'll finally get it, who knows.

I wish you all (customers) the best of luck going forward. I'm off to delete my account. Take care guys & gals.



Well, I guess woot has gone the way of other sites nowadays. Don't allow people to delete their own accounts so we can tell the advertisers we have X amount of users. I had to write to them to ask for an account deletion. We'll see what happens.

shrdlu


quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
snuff51 wrote:Well, I guess woot has gone the way of other sites nowadays. Don't allow people to delete their own accounts so we can tell the advertisers we have X amount of users. I had to write to them to ask for an account deletion. We'll see what happens.



Woot hasn't been able to delete accounts ever, or at least not since 2005 or so. I don't hold out much hope for any changes to this latest in-your-face change to the site, but I don't think it's really Amazon's fault, either.

Yesterday, I spent some few minutes with all the sites listed at the bottom of Amazon's page, and none of them have gone through this crazy revamp in the way that Woot has chosen to do.

Diapers? There's a web site devoted to DIAPERS? Yeah, crazy.

http://www.diapers.com/

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

orphaeus


quality posts: 2 Private Messages orphaeus

I have enjoyed reading many of these posts and have laughed at the outright hatred in some of then, but I thought it might be nice for Woot to get some encouragement.

I love the new site. I truly LOVE the wootplus stuff! I see them sold out all the time, so they must be working well. I almost got the gunnar glasses, but they sold out as I went to buy them.

I'm not a huge fan of all the white, but it does make for a clean screen. I do wish the write-up was more prominent with the details being more of a click-through, but I can handle the extra click. Overall a superb job Woot! You added functionality, deals on name brand items, and simple login. I will take those pro's with con of an added click for the description.

Nice job guys!

"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but you gotta suit up for them all."
J. Askenberg

Hasek10


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hasek10

I become irrationally perturbed every time I visit this site now. Its like watching an old friend who used to have great jokes and answers to every question become a shallow, self-absorbed consumer of celebrity gossip.

I don't think I've read a single product description since the beta began, because I can't be ARSonED to click past the train wreck that is the front page.

Also, the Woot home page is a Portal? Is that what attracted thousands of customers looking for a fun, quick shopping experience? I can't imagine a possible world where the answer to that question is 'yes'.

granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
orphaeus wrote:I have enjoyed reading many of these posts and have laughed at the outright hatred in some of then, but I thought it might be nice for Woot to get some encouragement.

I love the new site. I truly LOVE the wootplus stuff! I see them sold out all the time, so they must be working well. I almost got the gunnar glasses, but they sold out as I went to buy them.

I'm not a huge fan of all the white, but it does make for a clean screen. I do wish the write-up was more prominent with the details being more of a click-through, but I can handle the extra click. Overall a superb job Woot! You added functionality, deals on name brand items, and simple login. I will take those pro's with con of an added click for the description.

Nice job guys!



The new site is actually growing on me. And I do like the plus deals, though I do miss seeing the images on the drop-down now that there are 3 instead of 2. And the few extra clicks here and there don't bother me much anymore.

pz@woot


quality posts: 7 Private Messages pz@woot

Anyone else miss the timestamps in the blog entries


Signature oh signature, cannot think
of something clever...

goetschj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goetschj

I hate the beta site. Whoever authorized the change, fire them. Jab-jab-jab-Jabberjaws.

mothersnakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Hate it

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
pz@woot wrote:Anyone else miss the timestamps in the blog entries



Only every time I want to know WHEN something was sent, not HOW LONG AGO. To totally different things....



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

siestafiesta


quality posts: 1 Private Messages siestafiesta

Tried the new site a few days - hated it - too busy - haven't been back until now. I don't want to have to WORK when I go to Woot and looking at the mess of a page now makes me think I am still in the office making decisions. But I tried the woot-off - and it is even worse - could you get the lights any smaller? Too confusing, I quit.

uzor


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uzor

This the absolute worst redesign/"Upgrade" that woot has ever undergone. Things are way too cluttered, it takes 4-5 clicks to get to what you actually want on any given page. Simply terrible. Put it back! There is a reason that Google's site is the epitome of simplicity - IT WORKS!!!

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

OH EM GEE. WITH ALL THE PEOPLE QUITTING, YOU'D THINK I'D GET ONE OF THE SILLY B-0-C's THIS TIME!

/rantrantrant

/breaksthings

(j/k - but srsly... 57 sold?)

DMusicJr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMusicJr

I just can't do it....woot it was good while it lasted, thanks for all the fun!

You're on probation!
You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason:
Avoiding probation. (96h)
Please stare at the photo on the left for 96 hours and then try posting again.

IrieDragon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages IrieDragon

Woot.com is now Broken and on life support. I have not been able to connect to the site since around noon. Yes, I've tried other web browsers Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

debraae


quality posts: 17 Private Messages debraae

How do you send a private message in the new Woot? The answer may already be here -- yes, I'm just too lazy to search. Please help a poor tired worker.... ;)
Thanks!

Deb-er-do

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

debraae wrote:How do you send a private message in the new Woot? The answer may already be here -- yes, I'm just too lazy to search. Please help a poor tired worker.... ;)
Thanks!

No problem. Find a post by the person you want to contact and click on the envelope next to their name on that post. That'll let you send a PM.

To read them, click on the envelope in the upper right of the page to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders