live4winter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages live4winter

WOOT is dead, where does one go now for a real "one sale a day". This is the Walmart/Groupon combo. Amazon completely slayed the talent that once was.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

The layout is horrible. Everything is so cluttered and scattered. The old site was clean and sleek; the new one is chaotic and unorganized.

I know you guys want to change your look, but the old way was brilliant. You could see everything and it was in a nice layout and everything just flowed together. Now everything is just white on white and mashed together and you have to click to "read more" or "see more" -- that's just not user friendly at all!

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

My last purchase was about a year ago. I stuck around because despite the disappearing good/interesting deals, the sense of community was still alluring, so I'd still check every night.

My last visit was about two months ago, shortly after the design change. It just stopped being fun after that. I did some complaining here at first, of course to no avail.

Scream all you want, but they don't care about the people who got them where they are today. The name is well-known enough now that it's worth more as advertisement space than it could ever be as the albeit-great cult site it once was. Take the hint.

I only hope the longtime staffers can keep themselves happily ignorant to what's happened. It seems they have so far.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

Mossard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mossard

I don't know about other WOOTers, but I haven't purchased anything since the big change. My anticipation in discovering the next WOOT was tipping towards manic obsessive. Even if the item was useless to me, I enjoyed reading the staff's description and the absurd to funny to informative community posts. Hot products (under $100) would sell out in the first 2 hours; more expensive within 8. One could buy 3 items, sell 2 on eBay and get yours for free or really cheap. I didn't need to price check, even though I did out of habit; this was the best deal for the item. And WOOTers were all over it, the pros and cons, model variations, brand quality, customer support, technical specifications and anything else unrelated to everything. WOOT always maintained its uniqueness and its best price even when the savings gap narrowed from the increasing number of copycat sites with "daily deals." I don't know. Maybe its me. I sometimes check WOOT once a week, just to see. Nothing holds me here and any price savings, if any, is from shipping charges. I miss WOOT!

Todd Ard

Mischief101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mischief101
kalee11 wrote:The biggest thing I have a problem with on the front page is that I can't see all of the write-up at one time. I don't want to click "read more." The write-up is my favorite thing about Woot, and I want instant gratification when I get to the front page.

Yes! Yes! I miss the old woot.

PAPOY!

nyvertical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyvertical

Dear woot

I don't have enough eyes to look at this new layout.
Pity you decided to suck on the corporate teat and lose all that was loved about you. I find it tedious to even look at this site nowadays. Bring back your integrity and I might start buying again

halperez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Let us bask in ONE compliment!

So let me see if I get this straight. You post a reply that is off topic relative to the product being offered.

I reply and tell you that suggestions have already been made that would get your words read and appreciated more. And what happens?

Are you kidding me? Are you that childish that you'd "tattle" on me for doing what you did? I guess it's much easier to keep the suggestions to a tucked away segment of the website rather than actually listening to, and implementing, the suggestions. The bottom line is that the redesign appears to be a failure. A dramatic increase in products with a minimal increase in time spent on the website by a smaller number of people.

guru666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guru666

RotsiserMho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RotsiserMho

According to Woot! I've been a user (and buyer!) for over SIX YEARS. In that time I've made exactly 4 posts. I like to make them count.

My wife and I have bought almost 50 Woot! shirts between us. We've bought dozens of "classic" woots as well. We've probably referred hundreds of people between us and those we've referred.

I will no longer be doing that. Yes, the new design is terrible. But I wouldn't post less than once a year just to echo 26 pages of the same thing.

Some pages ago a staff member posted about how Woot! has had to turn down vendors and that Woot!'s customers may have wanted more deals. I say this is crap. Turning down vendors increases competition. It drives the price of woots down. Choosing a niche or low volume product means customers got something unique. Getting unique and cheap deals is the basis for Woot!'s success. Numerous and seemingly cheap deals is the basis for Wal-Mart's success.

I am posting to say that I am deeply sad. Woot! was a site with personality, a site with charm, and a site that cared about it's users.

The best thing about Woot! was that every evening at midnight I had one SINGLE decision to make: "Is THIS product worth my money or not?"

Now I have to make a series of decisions: do I click the main image to see the write-up, do I scroll down to see the other woots, do I even know which item in the photo is being sold?, what is local! and why isn't it near me?, why does tech! exist? - this place used to sell only "tech" stuff!

That's the last straw for me. I can live with a redesign. I can live with lower quality shirts. I can live with more expensive shirts. I cannot continue buying from a site that used to be the essence of simplicity and is now the essence of freakin' Wal-Mart. Woot! has stopped respecting my time (and my eyeballs).

I add my voice to the other hundreds to note that the lurkers are upset too. And we'll be lurking no more.

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
ThunderThighs wrote:Oh come on! Let us bask in ONE compliment!

Nothing against you TT - you are here like the rest of us.....problem is you HAVE to like the medicine being fed to you as it pays the bills presumably.......

richmondhokie

Have site visits dropped so much that we are now getting emails a day in advance of a woot-off to be sure we clear our calendars sufficiently to sit and look at this cluttered site in the hopes of scoring a Bundles of Crayons

Hard-core wooters have known for a while that woot-off's occur somewhere around the 20th-23rd-ish - it used to be - you never knew when they were coming....BUT.....it became predictable about the same time as you-know-who took over......

Now they have to solicit us to make sure we participate in the Woot-off.....sad....so very sad......

halperez

richmondhokie wrote:Have site visits dropped so much that we are now getting emails a day in advance of a woot-off to be sure we clear our calendars sufficiently to sit and look at this cluttered site in the hopes of scoring a Bundles of Crayons

HAHAHAHAHA! I didn't catch that. I got the email but marked it as read without even reading it. Woot is so desperate to pretend that the new design is working that they are resorting to this.

Dear Woot,
I don't blame you for trying this out. You have a new boss who has possibly demanded more revenue and/or an outlet to push some low quantity items. Where woot is failing is in your unwillingness to acknowledge the failure of the new design and do something about it. You don't want to change the site back to the last version? Fine, I understand that. But there are other options that would satisfy most of complaints of the current and former customers while still maintaining all of the items currently listed. Refusing to "fix" the site despite all the signs that the site is a failure and all of the suggestions given shows an arrogant attitude.

Cyradia

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Cyradia

I noticed that the "woot sold stats" were wonky the other day and sent a feedback message. Today I noticed they were just missing from the template of historical woots. That was one of my favorite features...any word on the status of those?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cyradia wrote:I noticed that the "woot sold stats" were wonky the other day and sent a feedback message. Today I noticed they were just missing from the template of historical woots. That was one of my favorite features...any word on the status of those?

We were experiencing some issues with the stats so portions of them have been taken offline today to fix them.

As far as the number of woots sold, that stat was removed last month and will not be coming back.

Here's an explanation of why.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Cyradia

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Cyradia
ThunderThighs wrote:We were experiencing some issues with the stats so portions of them have been taken offline today to fix them.

As far as the number of woots sold, that stat was removed last month and will not be coming back.

Here's an explanation of why.

Right, the percentages are what I was referring to. I understand your decision not to post the absolute sales stats.

I'm just glad they're being repaired and coming back.

halperez

And once again, the designers take another step backwards. It's subtle but it's certainly noticeable, especially in a woot-off. I'll pick the home.woot.com site and explain, but it's obviously mirrored throughout all of the sub-sites. In the customer friendly version, you could type in home.woot.com and get to the daily home deal. During a woot-off, hitting f5 would refresh the page, displaying the new item when it was ready. And yes, we know the customer friendly days are over and won't be coming back.

That version of woot has been replaced with this beta version. The designers introduced what one staff remember described as a portal concept. Now going to home.woot goes to the home.woot portal where people are presented with all of the deal associated with that sub site, the daily deal and the home plus deals. You can refresh the page and see the new deal on the portal but you are one step from the daily deal.

Each product had their own url. Because of this, hitting refresh on the product page during a woot-off would update the product availability but would not show the new product.

This version also introduced the drop down menu at the top of the page. You could click on the word "home" or on the picture and go to the home portal. At some point the designers changed the link on the picture to home.woot.com/today, a link that always redirected you to the daily deal. During a woot-off, when a product was sold out, the picture still reflected the sold out product but the link would redirect you to the new deal. So while you could not refresh the product page, one click on the picture would bring you to the current product, even if the product in the picture was sold out and replaced by a new offer.

The subtle change is that the designers have changed the link on the picture to the url of the product in the picture. Now, to update the page during the woot-off, you have two choices. You can click on the word home and go to the home portal. Or you can click on the picture, refreshing all the information, including the products in the drop down menus, then click on the picture of the new product to go to the new product. The designers have found a way to force the customer to go through more steps before spending money.

Hey, woot, google K.I.S.S.

responseataol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages responseataol

terrible redesign - bring back the classic - i havent bought anything since the redesign and in fact i probably wont buy something until it goes back --

LONG LONG wooter here saying goodbye and good luck.

ptufts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptufts

Woot user of four years as of 8/20/12, with my first purchase about as woot as one can get - a Sansa!

After giving the new design a few months, I am still not liking it - either the new site and or the new lots of stuff for sale at once model.

I know you may optimize your numbers, short term, to make these changes, but I think you will lose on longterm in an area that is difficult to quantify - user boredom - and gradually be seen as the same as any other shipping site.

See what Yahoo did to Flickr as an example - a leading site failing to keep its core audience by focusing on the needs of the parent co over the user base, and slipping away.

Case in point, this user. With a wootoff I'd previously be glued to the screen for a few days. This time I didn't feel like there was a point. You've diminished the things that make Woot special - the treasure hunt of the one deal a day, with the prominent and silly editorial voice of some narrative product writeup. These two aspects together I think led to a reinforcement of the unique and fun connection between buyer and Woot.

Now, I don't think I could describe, in one sentence, what makes Woot unique. Lots of sites, including Amazon, have good deals, and that seems to be the kind of site you've become. Voiceless, unfocused, more deals.woot.com than woot.com.

I miss the old site. I hope you bring it back.

darthaegis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthaegis

I haven't seen a "deal" in a while. Most of the items put up can be found other places online for the same price or cheaper.

Woot offs aren't worth following.

richmondhokie

ptufts wrote:Woot user of four years as of 8/20/12, with my first purchase about as woot as one can get - a Sansa!

After giving the new design a few months, I am still not liking it - either the new site and or the new lots of stuff for sale at once model.

I know you may optimize your numbers, short term, to make these changes, but I think you will lose on longterm in an area that is difficult to quantify - user boredom - and gradually be seen as the same as any other shipping site.

See what Yahoo did to Flickr as an example - a leading site failing to keep its core audience by focusing on the needs of the parent co over the user base, and slipping away.

Case in point, this user. With a wootoff I'd previously be glued to the screen for a few days. This time I didn't feel like there was a point. You've diminished the things that make Woot special - the treasure hunt of the one deal a day, with the prominent and silly editorial voice of some narrative product writeup. These two aspects together I think led to a reinforcement of the unique and fun connection between buyer and Woot.

Now, I don't think I could describe, in one sentence, what makes Woot unique. Lots of sites, including Amazon, have good deals, and that seems to be the kind of site you've become. Voiceless, unfocused, more deals.woot.com than woot.com.

I miss the old site. I hope you bring it back.

I have to say - this was the first woot-off I did not sit glued to my PC (well - second one - I was at the beach last month - but I didn't have my laptop on the beach anyway), throughout the work day.

I would keep Woot, or one of the trackers running the entire day, keep my phone logged in (don't even get me started on how mobile unfriendly the new site is) as I drove home to catch deals or the elusive Bundles of Crayons

I got txt messages on my phone, but nothing, save missing the Microsoft Wireless Laser 4000 mice, interested me in the least.

As the above poster stated, boredom has set in for the woot-faithful and we are slipping away.

I certainly hope the new customers you seem to be courting realize what a waste of time this site has become and soon become bored too.

My only joy from woot now comes in the form of coming back to this particular thread and reading the scores of unheard complaints and reinforcing mine.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
richmondhokie wrote:My only joy from woot now comes in the form of coming back to this particular thread and reading the scores of unheard complaints and reinforcing mine.

^This. There's a percentage of site hits you can probably attribute to this thread alone. It's certainly the only thing I look at these days.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

richmondhokie

equazcion wrote:^This. There's a percentage of site hits you can probably attribute to this thread alone. It's certainly the only thing I look at these days.

AMEN!!!

aeris19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aeris19

Pros:
* I like being able to skim across the top bar and quickly see the products for sale on all the different Woot sites.

* Each product's unique page looks nice and is easy to navigate.

Cons:
* I miss the full write up being immediately available. Even when I don't buy a product, I often forward the page to other people so they can read the write up (and possibly buy the product), which I'm sure is good for Woot's publicity.

I've tried sending friends to Woot products to read write ups since the change, but my friends are just really confused about what they're supposed to be looking at, whether it's a collection of products or a single product, even when I send them straight to a single product page.

* It's now very, very difficult to tell what on the page is an ad and what is a Woot product/deal. Since I prefer not to click on ads, I don't click on anything

rgmekanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgmekanic
equazcion wrote:^This. There's a percentage of site hits you can probably attribute to this thread alone. It's certainly the only thing I look at these days.

QFT

Caffeineismydrug

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Caffeineismydrug
richmondhokie wrote:I have to say - this was the first woot-off I did not sit glued to my PC (well - second one - I was at the beach last month - but I didn't have my laptop on the beach anyway), throughout the work day.

[snip]

My only joy from woot now comes in the form of coming back to this particular thread and reading the scores of unheard complaints and reinforcing mine.

This was about the third wootoff I did not participate in. Mainly because the deals have been shitake for the last year.

I deleted my toolbar bookmarks and woot home page from home and work. I have un-installed check-for-change. 2 Months ago, I sent an EMail to service@woot.com asking to have my account deleted (which was obviously ignored)

I don't recommend or even mention Woot anymore. If someone asks where unique widget x, y, or z came from i just reply "online"

Flagging people for mentioning (in product threads) how crappy everything has become is just plain laughable. TT you should be ashamed and I hope you have started looking for a new job.

After 5 years, 250 woots, ~$20,000 spent, and countless people I have turned on to Woot, I am simply disgusted. Disgusted to the point that I even avoid amazon.com now.
I am so disgusted that I have edited most of my old posts to say:

EDITED MY USEFUL POST BECAUSE I'M DISGUSTED WITH THE SITE REDESIGN.

WOOT HAS LET ME DOWN BIG TIME

google site:woot.com and your username

<BOYCOTT>Currently on Woot Boycott until Deal-A-Day site is restored to sanity</BOYCOTT>

bethmbg

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bethmbg

I really miss the old Woot and especially the Woot community. I'm disappointed now (but not surprised) to see many items with no posts or just a handful of posts - often from staff. Where has everyone gone?

The last two woot-offs have been a chore.

I've waited a few months to comment so I could give the new site a fair shake.

But honestly, the pages are way too busy. Deals are meh. Too much work to read the write-ups now. It's just not fun anymore.

Is there anything I like? The new shipping is much faster than before. I like the $5 all you can ship. I like the concept of Sport.woot but don't think I've seen anything worth buying. I like the ability to scroll across the sites to see the "deals."

But, for all of that, woot has lots its sense of fun, the deep discounts and, more importantly, community.

Oh, and Woot has lost its sense of purpose. Remember one deal:one day??? It used to work... really well.

charlottesix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesix

I am not particularly a geek. I have bought tech stuff on Woot, for myself and for others, because so many wooters ARE geeks. I could trust the discussion of items' pros and cons, know whether "refurbished" was worth the risk, understand how the day's woot stacked up against other options. If you drive longtime wooters away, you MIGHT replace them with buyers. But you will lose the knowledge base that made less-geeky wooters feel comfortable buying.

richmondhokie

charlottesix wrote:I am not particularly a geek. I have bought tech stuff on Woot, for myself and for others, because so many wooters ARE geeks. I could trust the discussion of items' pros and cons, know whether "refurbished" was worth the risk, understand how the day's woot stacked up against other options. If you drive longtime wooters away, you MIGHT replace them with buyers. But you will lose the knowledge base that made less-geeky wooters feel comfortable buying.

Can I vote this as a quality post......out of over 1000 posts in this thread alone, this has GOT TO BE the SMARTEST post I have seen here yet.......

rgmekanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgmekanic

Estimated percentage of global internet users who visit woot.com:
Reach % Change
Yesterday 0.134% -1.08% Change in Reach % over the trailing 1 day period
7 day 0.132% -10.80% Change in Reach % over the trailing 7 day period
1 month 0.1325% -10.77% Change in Reach % over the trailing 1 month period
3 month 0.1489% -16.13% Change in Reach % over the trailing 3 month period

Down 16% over the last 3 months.

Tell ya anything yet?

tradinfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tradinfool

Amazon + Corporate Number Dummies + Corporate Greed = Another Destroyed Company in America
RIP woot!

halperez

Ok…let's try this again…I'm replying to a post that was posted almost 4 days ago. My last reply to this post was removed for some reason. Since the post I'm replying to wasn't removed, it most be on topic for this forum so as long as my reply is on topic with that post there's no legitimate reason it should be removed again.

rgmekanic wrote:Estimated percentage of global internet users who visit woot.com:
Reach % Change
Yesterday 0.134% -1.08% Change in Reach % over the trailing 1 day period
7 day 0.132% -10.80% Change in Reach % over the trailing 7 day period
1 month 0.1325% -10.77% Change in Reach % over the trailing 1 month period
3 month 0.1489% -16.13% Change in Reach % over the trailing 3 month period

Down 16% over the last 3 months.

Tell ya anything yet?

Yes, it tells me that fewer and fewer people are coming to this site. I don't remember where I learned of woot. I think it was word of mouth, I'm pretty sure a friend told me about it. As I've never seen any advertisements for woot, I have to wonder if word of mouth is their primary form of advertisement. If so, that would explain the decline in reach. Fewer wooters are coming to the site. And if they're dissatisfied with the site, they're probably not spreading the word about the site, resulting in a smaller reach.

And once again, I'm going to fix woot without removing any products and still addressing a lot of the users (and now former users) concerns.

Some people don't like the plus deals. I don't mind them. I'll check them once or twice a week. But it's a pain to go to each sub-site to see what they all are and when there are more than two for a category, the text description isn't always descriptive. But they're here to stay so Daddy can offload some of its inventory. Fine.

Somewhere in this 26 page discussion, a staff member described the main page as a portal, displaying the daily deal and the plus deals. Actually, with that rather poor description, there are 8 portals. The site does not have a true portal. It has 8 sub-sites linked together. That's part of the problem but it also lends itself to an easy fix.

Create a true portal at www.woot.com. Come up with a new name for the deal on woot, maybe call it daily.woot. There could be two columns on the portal. The left column links to the daily deals at daily.woot, tech.woot, home.woot, etc. If you follow the tech.woot link or if you type tech.woot.com, you are presented with the daily tech deal. You have the full writeup right there. It would be what you would see if you went to tech.woot.com/today.

That addresses one of the biggest user complaints. No more having to "continue reading" to see the writeup. No more woot writers, buyers, and sales setup people sobbing uncontrollably in the corner. On that page, woot could even display the tech related plus deals somewhere, possibly to the right of the features. The tabs would pretty much stay the same, with only one addition I'll mention in a bit. All of the categories would behave in a similar manner.

The right column would link to the plus deals. There could even be a plus category with all of the plus deals on their own page. There's the addition to the tabs, a plus tab that would either bring you to the plus page or allow you to go the specific plus sub-category. Having all of the plus deals in one place would increase the visibility of the deals. If someone does't go to home.woot.com, he won't ever see the home plus deals. And by clicking on the picture in the tabs, a user can navigate through all of the daily deals without ever seeing a plus deal. But I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'd be more inclined to check out the plus deals more often if they were centrally located. Not only that but a customer looking at the plus page for the tech plus deals might also happen to see something in the sport plus deals that catches his eye, something that cannot happen with the current site's horrible layout.

There you go. I've fixed your site for you. And for free. No need to thank me.

halperez

Mods: this post is not for you. Please do not read it. I don't want to be accused of "mod baiting" and get put on posting probation again. This post is related to what appears a new feature that coincides with the redesign and is on-topic in this forum. This post is for myself and the other customers who are discussing the redesign and its effects.

I have been on this site since 2005 and have been seeing something since the redesign that I haven't noticed before. I don't know if it's part of the redesign but it appears to be. It appears that more posts in the product discussions are being edited and/or deleted. Yes, the terms of service clearly state that they can edit and delete at will but I've never seen it this bad before. People are having their posts deleted because they are making jokes about the product description.

For example, it seems that somewhere in a description, it was said that woot is where bad products go. A user joked that the MacBook Air must be a bad product. His comment was deleted. He posted a comment about being deleted. I replied that they're quick to delete comments and put you on probation for off topic comments. I know, it's happened to me. I then went on to post some useful info about the product. I ended the post stating that the useful info made my post topical and was not deletable. My post got edited. The quote, the part about being quick to delete and probation, and the part about not being deletable was removed. I edited my post and fixed it to it's original state. Then the post was deleted completely.

Since I've learned to screen cap my posts, I put the screen cap in my sig under the heading "Posts that have been deleted by Woot". Someone accessed my account and removed the screen cap from my sig. I posted in here (the forum to discuss the redesign) two nights ago about this new feature. That post was deleted, along with another post of mine in here, and I was put on posting probation.

I've been on woot since 2005. I've got a few posts under my belt including 4 quality posts. In the last 3 months, I've gotten put on probation twice. Has anyone else noticed a change in how much fun people are allowed to have in the discussions since the new change?

richmondhokie

halperez wrote:Mods: this post is not for you. Please do not read it. I I didn't cheat! to be accused of "mod baiting" and get put on posting probation again. This post is related to what appears a new feature that coincides with the redesign and is on-topic in this forum. This post is for myself and the other customers who are discussing the redesign and its effects.

I have been on this site since 2005 and have been seeing something since the redesign that I haven't noticed before. I don't know if it's part of the redesign but it appears to be. It appears that more posts in the product discussions are being edited and/or deleted. Yes, the terms of service clearly state that they can edit and delete at will but I've never seen it this bad before. People are having their posts deleted because they are making jokes about the product description.

For example, it seems that somewhere in a description, it was said that woot is where bad products go. A user joked that the MacBook Air must be a bad product. His comment was deleted. He posted a comment about being deleted. I replied that they're quick to delete comments and put you on probation for off topic comments. I know, it's happened to me. I then went on to post some useful info about the product. I ended the post stating that the useful info made my post topical and was not deletable. My post got edited. The quote, the part about being quick to delete and probation, and the part about not being deletable was removed. I edited my post and fixed it to it's original state. Then the post was deleted completely.

Since I've learned to screen cap my posts, I put the screen cap in my sig under the heading "Posts that have been deleted by Woot". Someone accessed my account and removed the screen cap from my sig. I posted in here (the forum to discuss the redesign) two nights ago about this new feature. That post was deleted, along with another post of mine in here, and I was put on posting probation.

I've been on woot since 2005. I've got a few posts under my belt including 4 quality posts. In the last 3 months, I've gotten put on probation twice. Has anyone else noticed a change in how much fun people are allowed to have in the discussions since the new change?

I too have noticed. I have not been banned (yet), but I have had posts deleted, AND edited - especially when I refer to new management as WÖÖTazon.....so no, you are not going crazy......but, we all knew this is not the same fun place it used to be......

(Let's see if this gets edited)

halperez

richmondhokie wrote:I too have noticed. I have not been banned (yet), but I have had posts deleted, AND edited - especially when I refer to new management as WÖÖTazon.....so no, you are not going crazy......but, we all knew this is not the same fun place it used to be......

(Let's see if this gets edited)

I have to admit I'm a little surprised that both of my posts are here and I still have posting privileges. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the change. So it seems that might be part of the redesign after all. The interesting thing about my second probation is that it changed. It dropped from a 72 hour probation to a 48 hour probation. In the text, it stated that mods do not have access to people's account information. But I've got an email in to customer service. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Someone accessed my account without my permission and changed my settings. It would be nice to know who has access to my account and ,therefore, my personal information and credit card info.

richmondhokie

halperez wrote:I have to admit I'm a little surprised that both of my posts are here and I still have posting privileges. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the change. So it seems that might be part of the redesign after all. The interesting thing about my second probation is that it changed. It dropped from a 72 hour probation to a 48 hour probation. In the text, it stated that mods do not have access to people's account information. But I've got an email in to customer service. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Someone accessed my account without my permission and changed my settings. It would be nice to know who has access to my account and ,therefore, my personal information and credit card info.

I've seen your posts - and surprised that ours have lasted the day without editing/deletion.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

halperez wrote:I have to admit I'm a little surprised that both of my posts are here and I still have posting privileges. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the change. So it seems that might be part of the redesign after all. The interesting thing about my second probation is that it changed. It dropped from a 72 hour probation to a 48 hour probation. In the text, it stated that mods do not have access to people's account information. But I've got an email in to customer service. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Someone accessed my account without my permission and changed my settings. It would be nice to know who has access to my account and ,therefore, my personal information and credit card info.

Moderators have special tools that let us take care of common community issues. One of those is a link called "Edit Signature". This brings up a dialog box where we can edit the signature. It is not done through your account info page and we do not have access to any personal, payment, or order information.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

halperez

ThunderThighs wrote:Moderators have special tools that let us take care of common community issues. One of those is a link called "Edit Signature". This brings up a dialog box where we can edit the signature. It is not done through your account info page and we do not have access to any personal, payment, or order information.

I'm glad you replied with that information as I was really concerned by the matter. To me, my sig and my personal info are all under my account. But to you, my personal account and my profile info are separate. Although, obviously, I do have an issue with what was deleted from my sig. The screen shot of a post that was deleted with the truthful caption stating that is was deleted does not fall under anything listed in section 11, Prohibited Conduct, of the Terms and Conditions. It would fall under the clause in section 12 that states, and I'm paraphrasing here, "we don't like it so we will delete it." To be honest, I don't have a problem with that as long as it's known that anything negative posted about woot will be deleted.

My issue is that the excuse of "it's off topic" is used. It might be off topic but other off topic posts are left. For example, someone posted a comment in the MacBook Air discussion about how there are different computers that work for different people. She then sarcastically said that she was thinking about wearing a blue dress and asked the group if they would like to weigh in on that decision. A response of "light blue or dark?" is completely off topic to the discussion of the product being offered and only encouraged more off topic discussion about a blue dress. (I don't say this to bash you or to "bait" you. I say this to be open and encourage rational, adult conversation.) So it seems that not all off topic posts are deleted, just select ones. Again, that's fine, it's woot's board, they can edit and delete as they see fit. Just be honest about why. That's all I'm saying.

And did you see my idea a few posts above for the new woot beta? It's not like I don't like woot. Just the opposite. It's just the new design is bad and needs adjusting. I still check out the site and even occasionally buy stuff. (Four purchases since the redesign, since you don't have access to my account info.)

richmondhokie

The comments here are fading off - I guess the woot-faithful are giving up hope now for a reprise from this stuff we are forced to deal with

halperez

richmondhokie wrote:The comments here are fading off - I guess the woot-faithful are giving up hope now for a reprise from this stuff we are forced to deal with

An increase in products and a decrease in page views? How can they not be happy with the new design?

jeaniesing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeaniesing

Hate this beta look in the emails. I want names and prices back next to the item pictures in the emails are useless... I'll unsubscribe and forget that woot exists by the end of the month. I don't mean that as a threat, that'd be a little too egotistical and stupid for me... I mean that as "Yes, I'm that lazy!" Even hovering over the picture to see what that teensie thing is was far too much effort.