halperez

quality posts: 10 Private Messages halperez
jaxel47 wrote:Embrace change people!

I think it is easier to navigate and I for one enjoy it.

I agree. They've simplified the process of looking at all the items. Instead of 6 clicks to get the descriptions, features, and specs for all the products, it now only takes 18. That makes for a much better user experience.

unksol

quality posts: 13 Private Messages unksol

While I can appreciate some of the backend changes, and the menu bar, the account changes. Its just way to busy. Maybe making woot plus smaller might help... IDK. Woot was always about simplicity. This is not simple. So this does not feel like woot.

I suppose I could adjust eventually. We all do when we don't have a choice. The reality is it hurts my eyes to look at. And feels like... its trying to hit you in the face.

EDIT: Forcing the background to something besides white (in IE internet options/general/colors) helps tremendously. It messes with some of the link colors and they have some weird spots that are stuck at white. But at least you can look directly at it without searing your retina again.

I'm not saying I'll never woot again... But as it sits now its definitly going to cut way down on any time spent on the site. I guess I'll just have to use the app on my smartphone.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
kronosphere wrote:my eyes, they bleed---way bright

agreed

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rabbitjr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rabbitjr

As of lately the only way I've been able to check the woot sites is through IPhone apps. I was already using two. One that showed all of the info and photos in good detail but it didn't show Home.woot. So I found one for home.woot and used the other one for the other sites. Now neither work. So develop your own and I may be happy.

As for the current site layout. I like the bar at the top. I like the consolidated list of purchases. That way I don't have to try to remember if I bought from main woot, home, or sellout.
Like others, I miss the description/features on the first page.
As for Woot Plus, I always appreciate the opportunity for more great deals but it seems to take away from the main deals and once I clicked on them it did take me a while to figure out what was going on.
I'm in a wait and see moment right now but it will be moot until an IPhone app catches up so I can see what's for sale on days I go to work.

rude1979us

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rude1979us
ThunderThighs wrote:If we didn't have Woot-Offs, how would we clean out our warehouse? Woot-offs are not gone.

Woot-offs may not be gone but I would put money that the Bouts of Consternation's are gone. The last one is even missing from the Community forum :-/

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

The state-by-state heat map is stretched. The aspect ratio of the picture isn't maintained. 100 miles East-West is longer on the map than 100 miles North-South.

ewilli29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewilli29

Monte and Mortimer still had a hilarious convo in the digest so I'm happy. Get rid of that and I might turn green! I like that we have multiple days to buy the Plus products.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rude1979us wrote:Woot-offs may not be gone but I would put money that the Bouts of Consternation's are gone. The last one is even missing from the Community forum :-/

It's not missing. There you go.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

louisdaniels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisdaniels

Looks like the new owner wants a bigger return on their investment via higher sales.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

What? The limited time $5 all you can ship is suppose to soften the blow of the new page format?

First temper the pages with some color, the all white is way to hard on the eyes and I don't even want to read them. This is especially hard when trying to read the discussion pages. The old discussion pages at least had a pastel color around it to make it easier to read. I hate sites that do what you are now trying to do. It drives me away to have to try and read pages like these. The only page that is still somewhat easy to read is the deals! page, or did someone miss making it over too.

Why do we have to go to a second page to find out the real info about an item? Not that I don't like the idea of the tabs there for Features, Specs, Sale Stats, etc..., in fact I love them, Just put them on the main page along with the items condition. You could then add the tabs "Photos" or "Images" along with "In the Box", moving this info from the "Specs" tab to it's own tab.

The reason for this is I don't depend on the main photo, there are far to many items that look the same. I always wished the "In the box" info was at the top of the page. This almost always had the model number which tells me so much more, and is what I base my decision to buy on.

I assume this is what you are trying to do, is to have me buy the item. It takes more then looks for me to hit the "I want one" button.

I have to agree that the page is way to busy. Why do designers have to be reminded of KISS, Keep It Simple S.....! This has and most likely will always be the best way to do things.

I doubt that you will get rid of Woot!plus, but at least put it in it's place. It doesn't need to take up 2/3 of the page. It blocks the flow to what is below it. Its like you are saying stop here, don't go any further.

One last thing, today's vote, couldn't you have had a button like "Needs work". I'm not totally against the new pages, but they do need work.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

scrabblefish

quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish

Color me ambivalent. Don't hate it but I agree with others that it's busy and the Corporate underpinnings are showing through big time.

pjeffy

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pjeffy

looks like hell on my android phone and tough to navigate

opusP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opusP

The first negative I see is that when clicking on "stuff you bought", you can no longer go to the discussions. If I want my Touchpad tips from fellow buyers, I have to now go to all discussion and muddle past all the wootoff items to find mine.

mikebbass

quality posts: 24 Private Messages mikebbass
ThunderThighs wrote:It's not missing. There you go.

Thanks TT I've been trying to find out How to get to the forum. If you hadn't linked to it how would I have found it? Just curious.

Thanks

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

• Bags Of Crap
    1. 10,000 Craps Under the Sea 11/29/2014
    2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
    3. Bag of Coal 7/11/2014
    4. (Hand)Bag of Coal 3/23/2014
    5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
    6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
    7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
    8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
    9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
    10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
    11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
    12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
    13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
    14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
    15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
    16. Bag of Coal 03/22/12
    17. Bag of Coal 01/19/12
    18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
    19. Bag of Coal 12/06/11
    20. Bag of Coal 11/09/11
    21. Bag of Coal 07/12/11
    22. Bag of Coal 06/15/11
    23. Random Crap 09/22/10
    24. Random Crap 08/20/10
    25. Random Crap 04/14/10
    26. Random Crap 01/28/10
    27. Random Crap 09/24/08
    28. Random Crap 04/01/08

robicoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robicoe

Not liking it at all so far. Turned off immediately by having to login to even see the days deals. We were just telling family about this site yesterday - now regretting it.

Electrified

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Electrified

NO!!!

Where is the shirt derby??

I am lost!!

JUST NO!!!

GOODBYE.

bliss77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bliss77

I may have missed it somewhere.. but if I use my Amazon account to log in, can I then use my gift card balance for woot purchases?

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

First of all, there are ads?? You mean to tell me that the page is actually busier than what I am seeing right now??? I have adblock, thank goodness, so none of that mess showed up, but really, woot?? And whoever wrote the intro copy needs to be smacked. "Stop clicking your life away"??? Wouldn't that mean there should be LESS clicking, not MORE???? and my favorite.. "no holds barred"??? Woot hasn't been the same, comment wise, since Amazon took over, and it is insulting to us paying customers to try to say that comments are 'no holds barred'. puhleeze. The comments are so heavily edited it is sickening. Yes there are some great new features, but the seizure-inducing overload on that front page is just saddening.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

Nesher

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Nesher

Too cluttered and convoluted.
    Emphasis is clearly on Woot+, not on the daily item any more.
    Doesn't use full page width, so it looks like everything is crammed into the center.

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113

First off, I want to thank the employees of woot for taking the time to keep this site new and fresh! Second, I am disappointed in the number of whiny wooters! I think for the most part all of the changes are for the best. I really like the bar at the top of the page and how it follows you as you scroll down the page. I would like to see the prices of each item though on the preview, would that be too much to ask? I understand the need for ad views but I think it would be better received with a price. I don’t mind that three ads were added to the bottom of the page, it doesn’t get in the way and they have to keep woot in the black to bring us all of the deals we love coming every day. I love the stuff you bought addition, the pictures are wonderful. I would love it if you could sort by site. All you can ship is a good addition, it will be great for a wootoff, thank you woot! I would REALLY love a pet.woot.com too! Is there a woot mobile or an app? I would like to see that too. Woot thank you for asking our opinions and being such a great site!!!

I ♥ WOOT!!!

pocketjokas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocketjokas

The new site looks awesome! I really like the layout.

Great job, Woot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikebbass wrote:Thanks TT I've been trying to find out How to get to the forum. If you hadn't linked to it how would I have found it? Just curious.

Thanks

That happens to be a really active thread so I always find it by clicking on Community and then choosing 'sort by last post'.

FORUM MODERATOR
    To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
    ••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
    CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

Holy crap, Woot! Did you hire Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids to redesign your website?? Mush Mouth wants his junkyard back.

What a total mess of a website. You're going to become the K-Mart of the internet if you keep this up.

I can't imagine that your head of web design really thought this was a good idea.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky

How long before woot! is simply a button on Amazon?

IDK if I like the direction.

sumorez

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sumorez

I always hate that guy who says "I didn't read all the other replies but"... but I only made it four pages into the replies and had to get some actual work done today. I wanted to comment on the fact that the biggest thing I don't like is that the front page doesn't say the item's condition -- new, refurbished, whatever -- which to me is a major failing point. As an example, the laptop today would have been an immediate purchase if new, but I had to click on the description to find out it was refurbished.

Clicking the "buy now" on the front page shouldn't take you to the product's page to click the "buy now" button again, either. Redundancy drives away customers.

snowtao

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snowtao

"I don't like having to sign in
    every time I look at Woot."

What? Really? Oh-hell, I won't be doin' that! I actually have Woot as one of my "SpeedDial" buttons in Firefox. I check (... checkED) Woot before even checking my RSS reader over coffee every morning.

I look at the morning's Woot. I do NOT look at shirts or wine or anything else. I come to Woot ... scratch that: I USED TO come to Woot to see what their 'deal of the day' was (you know, Woot's reason for being?). I am not interested in everything else and the kitchen sink (unless it's a really good deal on a really good kitchen sink -- and then it had better be the ONLY thing I see front-and-center! With a good write-up, right there on the landing page!). If the landing page deal of the day product interests me, I read the little box o' comments to see what folks are saying, and if those interest me, I go read all the comments.

Woot staff: ) "You can just click the X in the corner to make it go away and continue on your merry way. You aren't forced to log in to see what's on the sites."

Except you ARE forced to click on a pop-up to make it go away to "get in to Woot." That's like building a gate your potential customer(s) have to open to get to the front door of your store! Instead of inviting folks in to shop, you're making them jump through hoops to see if you're selling something they might buy! BAD choice! Wasn't the deal of the day the whole point of Woot? I don't come to see a block of ads (and I had ad-block enabled, so it's probably worse than I'm seeing!), I come to see the deal of the day. When/why did that change?!

I HATE scrolling/moving crap on a webpage.... The human eye is always drawn to movement and ... moving comments?! Whatinthehell is the point of that? Y'all couldn't get the dancing hamsters to work?! Completely unnecessary (and VERY annoying!). Are you more interested in showing off your tech chops than in pleasing your customers?!

"Two columns of random, unrelated articles side-by-side, with advertisements beside that."

Yes! This! Instead of coming to Woot to see Woot's actual, real, 'always been there' purpose: ONE great deal, one day, act now or lose forever (well, till next time) -- now Woot is just a(nother) store advertising other stores (WootPlus? Did I ASK if I could shop for things off Amazon? Did I give ANY indication that I wanted to shop or look at anything OTHER than Woot's deal of the day? Why are you forcing me to act as if I did?)

Finally, I don't care about Tweets. I don't use Twitter. Taking up a big chunk of my screen with something I don't use, in place of the box o' comments specific to the deal of the day that I DID use -- wasting screen real estate with a huge (jumping! {frown}) list of comments referring to things other than the deal of the day, and away on a non-Woot place to boot, instead of the box o' comments directly related to the Woot deal of the day doesn't seem like the best choice.

Very very unhappy with your corporate overlords and your submission to their demands!

snowtao

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snowtao

Oh crap -- and "Home!" (above) doesn't go to ... you know ... the HOME PAGE.... it goes to the section of Woot related to housewares.... Jiminy crickets!

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

If you were holding onto the thought that Woot hadn't already jumped the shark there is no doubt about it now. I'm not a guy that recoils at every change. Sometimes change is good, sometimes it's bad and sometimes it's neither. This is just absolutely horrible. What a massive institutional brain fart.

doughelmreich

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doughelmreich

Do I love change? No. Do I understand its necessity? Yes. Like the crispness of the new design. And the product description stuff is great. Don't like:
    1) Giving short shrift to the write-ups on the main page. Is this the inevitable slow slide to no stylized write-ups at all? You're not Groupon; you're waaaay better than that.
    2) The Woot! Plus crap is too much in my face. I'd rather the write-ups be in that position, and you can scroll your woot! plus deal on the right, maybe below the discussion scroller.
    3) % off list? Really? You insult the 95%+ of Wooters who know list prices are semi-meaningless anyway.

Also posted in their beta feedback session.

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

DigMe wrote:Holy crap, Woot! Did you hire Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids to redesign your website?? Mush Mouth wants his junkyard back.

Can I just thank you for taking a retro-direction on your insult? Nobody's using Fat Albert jokes these days, and it really, sincerely takes me back. I appreciate your feedback as well, but the reference is what sold me.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

gridpool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gridpool
    "If we may be so bold, we think our new site is an exponential explosion of Woot awesomeness."

So I'm even more disappointed after looking around for a while. It is like an explosion. Not in a good way. You won't be pleased to lose casual wooters as customers. It's strange to see that after the latest redesigns to Amazon, this was able to make it to production. I'm not afraid of change. I just want it to be positive. No mobile responsive layout.. How?!?. Bad experience even on this page with the iPad. Try scrolling and all that happens is the tweets section moves. That's what I get for being right-thumbed. It's not good here and I thought you'd like to know.

bauhaus1919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bauhaus1919
    jandk113 wrote:First off, I want to thank the employees of woot for taking the time to keep this site new and fresh! Second, I am disappointed in the number of whiny wooters! I think ......Woot thank you for asking our opinions and being such a great site!!!

Thanks for asking our opinion but shame on us for providing it?

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
    bauhaus1919 wrote:Thanks for asking our opinion but shame on us for providing it?

Shame on people for whining and not providing constructive criticism. I listed things I liked and things that could be better. Instead of saying I hate everything and I am done with woot just because they changed the way the site looks. It looks different, yes. Did they change who the company was and what they do, no.

I ♥ WOOT!!!

kirbym9271

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kirbym9271

Unfortunate that woot (amazon) will not listen to the outcry of the customer about the website, instead they will just follow the almighty dollar. Just another boring online store, I don't like the new features, the pics are too big, and the ads are too big too. i don't care for knowing the list priceof an item. the fun of woot was finding that out for yourself. it felt more personal that way.

alas, the customer will not be given satisfaction. Why don't they tally up all these comments and see the percentage of negatives and positives for the site. big companies run their stuff the way they want to. and ignore the customer's preferences.

in short, i like the old woot, tried and true.

Yes, I survived the April Fool's woot-off with "the woot we do not speak of" with no B.O.C to show for it.

bauhaus1919

i've spent the morning test driving and trying to move past, but it's just getting worse. sickening.

my earlier request for a way to delete my account and yet still be notified if you ever come to your senses was a serious request. however, i understand that it will likely either be taken as rhetorical or, if taken seriously, there won't be a way to do it.

i went to my account setting to figure out how to just delete myself, but to no avail. any legitimate help on how to delete my account info...how to (not you?) permanently?

bauhaus1919

jandk113 wrote:Shame on people for whining and not providing constructive criticism. I listed things I liked and things that could be better. Instead of saying I hate everything and I am done with woot just because they changed the way the site looks. It looks different, yes. Did they change who the company was and what they do, no.

no, you blanket-statement called out the whiners. there are people providing constructive criticism. there are also people who have interacted with amazon enough to know the opinions won't matter. and if you don't think they have changed who the company was and what they do, then you are their new target demographic. congrats on getting the site you deserve.

naleta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naleta

I do NOT like that there is no left margin any more. I keep trying to slide the screen over to make sure I'm not cutting off any of the text. Please put at least a few pixels of space at the left of the page?

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398

Woot is not letting me reply to comments, but this is directed @mikebass. To find the discussion forums on items you bought, click on 'order details' from the 'stuff you bought' page. You should then be able to click on the name of the item, which brings you to the original product page. From there, you can click on 'discuss this item' and see the discussion.
    Only about 5 more steps to get there than before....

xpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xpa

Worst redesign ever. Now I have to click through three pages to get to specs. The fact that it's refurbished is on the second page. I will NOT be using Woot as often: I just don't have the time to waste.

Bye Woot!

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

xpa wrote:Worst redesign ever. Now I have to click through three pages to get to specs. The fact that it's refurbished is on the second page.

I think the refurbished issue is something getting changed ASAP, if it helps. It's a very fair point, that's the sort of thing we want you to know on the very first glance. Hope you'll stick around to watch us figure things out.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.