WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Monte changed the break room around! Why? It was perfectly fine the way it was! But apparently some people just have this compulsion to fiddle with stuff for fiddling's sake. It makes Mortimer completely bananas, and not in a good way.

Quality Posts

moosezilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages moosezilla

now i got that song stuck in my head. thanks.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

No problem!

If it gets really bad, you can oust it from your brain with this -- but I wouldn't recommend it except for the most extreme earworm infestations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtDHH_IfP8

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

First time i want to agree with Mortimer. I guess I'll have to embrace change because Mortimer is always wrong.

a.priori.eureka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages a.priori.eureka

Egg-zack-lee!

I've got three words to describe the new layout:

Two biz E!

strikerliker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages strikerliker

Cute vid. But can't say the same for the new layout. Too busy is right.

buschk9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buschk9

this sucks

buschk9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buschk9
buschk9 wrote:this sucks

one day one deal...... not three hundred deals! im finding a new site!

javamatte

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javamatte

Staff

Best kick line since "The Life of Brian"!

Two big toes up!

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

Woot staff get breaks? What's the Features?!!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

The fictional staffers get make-believe breaks, yeah

Baquazan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Baquazan

I just realized I'm OK with anyone doing anything as long as they use stuffed monkeys to make a video about it...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I just have one question..... Where's your watch, Matthew. You always wear a watch in the videos.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

danieloneil01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danieloneil01
buschk9 wrote:one day one deal...... not three hundred deals! im finding a new site!

I think they're getting to big and will no doubt fail like 99% of the others.

Good luck WOOT, out.

hnrshirley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hnrshirley
a.priori.eureka wrote:Egg-zack-lee!

I've got three words to describe the new layout:

Two biz E!

Agree. Get rid of those event boxes. They are big and slap you in the face. Move them over to the right with the other Woot extended family. Then move the Woot community to the upper right and the info on the product below the picture. That should make things cleaner and easier to read. And while you are in there fixing things, maybe flip the picture and the price. Picture on left, price on right, that would look better.

Focks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Focks

Really,..? complete with advertisers, and links to gosh knows where.

And no cast Iron Skillet. I would have at least used that.

I'll get to you on the rest.

usalimey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usalimey

Put it back ,,its too fussy ,,did zuckerberg buy into this

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Wow, I really have to rethink my life. I agree with Mortimer.

sdkammer

quality posts: 30 Private Messages sdkammer

I don't care what everyone else says...you, sir, have puppeteering TALENT!! Don't let ANYONE tell you differently!

You, my friend, are going places...pretty soon, you're going to out grow this Woot! thing and become a STAR!

We're watching true genius here folks...I just hope you appreciate it before it's gone.

Oh...the site? It's got some cool stuff...give me a few days to get used to it...

flowerbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flowerbud

The best thing about Woot was the simplicity. See a product and scroll down to read the details and see the pictures of it. Now it's so confusing you can't find the info about the product. I still haven't found the details. Why would I click "I want one" when I can't find any info about the product.

Also, I hate sites where I have to spend my time looking for info and never finding it. Every morning I would check the site, pass or buy. Forget it. I'm gone. It's a shame, like loosing a friend.

wootsterk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsterk

This is what I wrote to woot:

Meh. I am sort of a traditionalist in that Woot was a small company (until you got bought out by Amazon), and I liked the less polished interface. Half the fun was to read the product description, and you buried it into an extra click. Now your site is just like any other deal of the day site. That kinda sucks. Where did the notable comments go? Don't you get it? Your brand image worked because people came to your site to be entertained as well as see if there was a good deal.

The tabs that float are a nice feature, and I'm sure your added deals below the fold will drum up more sales. However, you sold yourself out.

Frauleinnatasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frauleinnatasha

I was almost to the point of unregistering from woot, because I've come to love other sites that show what the item is worth in addition to the discount price in my e-mail. That feature is essential for me. Love the addition of the retail price, but need them to be in the e-mails too

katblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katblue

Wun'erful, wun'erful. Loved the video. Not too thrilled with the new format.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

As customary, Matthew, great video. Actually, it is one of my personal top favorites. I actually believe Mortimer has some common sense left!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
flowerbud wrote:The best thing about Woot was the simplicity.

I had the same thought the first time I beta tested the site, but I'm beginning to think that reaction was more due to my disliking change.

I'm biased, obviously, but I think if you give it some time you'll find it pretty intuitive.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

moosezilla wrote:now i got that song stuck in my head. thanks.

Took over a year for me to get the woot off song out of my head.
Played non stop when it first came out.

Someday I will make it my ringtone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:As customary, Matthew, great video. Actually, it is one of my personal top favorites. I actually believe Mortimer has some common sense left!

It is scary that we can agree with Mortimer.

Almost as bad as when the other political party says something that makes sense.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz

What a big finish!
Never saw the dance number coming...

cjhughes

quality posts: 24 Private Messages cjhughes

The WootCast wasn't in the RSS feed (http://www.woot.com/Blog/Feed.ashx) this week. Is this a permanent change, or just a temporary glitch?

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
I no longer despair for the future of the human race. H.G. Wells
Woot:40(Babies on Cribs:7) Kids:0 Wine:1 Shirt:7 Sellout:4 Home:1 Moofi: 2

tigerdude77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tigerdude77

Something changed???? Oh - okay.

jk - just glad the monkeys are back. I need a fix every once in a while.

tigerdude77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tigerdude77
dontwantaname wrote:Took over a year for me to get the woot off song out of my head.
Played non stop when it first came out.

Someday I will make it my ringtone.

Just don't sing Mortimer's birthday song. The royalty fees are $900.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

At least they have not changed Mortimer and Monte to the crappy new monkeys. That I don't think I could have handled.

bsfatboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsfatboy

I'll probably find another place to shop, in the mean time I'll still hang around but I won't enjoy it.

catlavander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catlavander

I am oddly okay with agreeing with Mortimer. Yes give us time we'll get used to the new setup, but I'll always love the one before.

mmmmm....

lroux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lroux

The new setup is busy but would be better if re-arranged and a little shading added to some of the boxes. I like page 2.

Oh, and Google hasnt changed in FOREVER and it is still the #1 search engine. Heck even Bing uses it! Simple = good.

I liked noisy when I was, oh, 17, but I grew out of it.

rctbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rctbone
cjhughes wrote:The WootCast wasn't in the RSS feed (http://www.woot.com/Blog/Feed.ashx) this week. Is this a permanent change, or just a temporary glitch?

Happened with me too; iTunes still shows the podcast feed as suffering with an "unknown error" (8006). The video was great, but I'd like to be able to have it come into iTunes if possible.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Why Wasn't I Consulted?!?

I really think Monte should have worn a GREEN Cape in this video, not orange. Seriously, both are orange- great for the protestants. But what about the Catholic Monkey Minority? Represent!

To use another WWIC- Why Would I Care? I can still buy the great high-quality refurbs and busted tech and designer ramyb shirts. Dunno why folks always complain about website redos.

StrifeJester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StrifeJester

Screw your break room fix your site. Too hard to find information about the product on the front page I shouldn't have to read more three times to get to what matters. Worst site design I have ever seen. Way to go Amazon. buy something and then screw it up...

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

A1: Funny.
A2:I don't mind. Looks nice.

pennst8mary

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pennst8mary

Geez, folks,it's just woot. If you ignore the home page (which does suck) and immediately click the "read more" in the description of the product, you get a nice clean redesigned woot page that has all the stuff we're use to. (and for you grammar police, yes, I know I just ended the sentence in a preposition.) It adds another click to my morning, but there are worse things in life.