WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

When it comes to livening up a blah national banner, too many countries follow the Portlandia method: put a bird on it. Or a dragon, or a snake, or a sheep... some even take the idea into relams of pure madness and put two animals on their flags. While I'm totally against cluttering up flags with cartoons on aesthetic grounds, I applaud the practice on visual-trivia grounds, because without it we wouldn't have today's column. Can you identify the countries (and one dependent territory that was just too good to leave out) that have plastered these critters on their flags?

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

BrockJones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrockJones

Falklands is a hoot. I want to go to this place where children design the flags...

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

1- Harley Davidsonland

2- Ultra Canada (note the mixing of the maple leaves and goose)

3- It's an inkblot that I refuse to identify as you may infer things about my sanity.

4- There's no way that's a real flag. You're messing with us. Unless sheep took over Spain, that's fake.

5- Not sure but horrible colors to use for a flag. Yellow- Creates frustration/anger, Black- Represents death and mourning, Red- Creates feelings of excitement/intensity.
So what I can discern from this is this must be the flag for a land in which serial killers are prevalent.

6- Captain Morgan Island. That's a rum parrot.

7- A cross between American and India...Indonesia?

8- Japans United Softball League's Flag

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

1) Honeybadgerland (ew, it's eating a snake)
2) Phoenixtopia (hot there)
3) Twoheadland (better to watch your back and front)
4) Coastal Lambland (don't mess with the surfing sheepies)
5) Mohawkia (formerly Punkcrania)
6) Margaritaville (next to Cheezburgerparadisa)
7) Crosshawkbulland (best place to go for religious hawk hunting of bullmooses)
8) GameofThronesia (an Unsullied area)