12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bmrbill

quality posts: 129 Private Messages bmrbill

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Don't let the refurbished tag scare you off, Dyson makes a quality product.

kvv11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kvv11

anyone know if this is a good price for refurbished?

epp_b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages epp_b

"Our vacuums have balls"

ripforeverjoey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

Bought this at it's last offering, and have been extremely satisfied. The vacuum looked brand new with no signs of ever being used, and Dyson even gave us the full 5 year warranty upon registration.

kvv11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kvv11
ripforeverjoey wrote:Bought this at it's last offering, and have been extremely satisfied. The vacuum looked brand new with no signs of ever being used, and Dyson even gave us the full 5 year warranty upon registration.

thank you...I'm in! now to just decide which color....

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here, Are, A few previous offers. Along with a video review from the vacuum wizard

He's the wiz nobody beats his reviews!

salockwood

quality posts: 4 Private Messages salockwood

I have one of these. Got it from a local clearance store. I like it. The "bag" fills fast, maybe cuz it is small, or maybe it is doing such a good job. Dunno either way. Everything on it is washable. Now, my main comment here is, Woot, make a dyson.woot.com and be done with it, please! I know you guys are on a personal crusade to get everyone in the world one of these, but give it a break!

This space for rent.

timsq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timsq
lichme wrote:Don't let the refurbished tag scare you off, Dyson makes a quality product.

Why do "NEW" Dyson's have a 5 year warranty, and refurbs get only 6 months?

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

As always.

I have this, it is amazing. I've gone through an insane number of vacuums and this one is beyond the best. Well worth the price.

Work great on bird feather and dust. If you have a bird with fluff feathers you know how impossible they are to get off carpet. Well this does it.

Also Dyson attachments make cleaning the evil dust collecting blinds a breeze. As well as cleaning the furniture.

Basically buy it, it is definitely worth the price.

docklink

quality posts: 2 Private Messages docklink

Bought a refurb off woot april, 2011. I could not tell it was used at any time, looked brand new. After a year of use, it is still working flawlessly. That does not mean it's perfect. As others have commented:

1) it needs a longer power cord (I use a 10ft extension cord with it)
2) the accessory hose is way too stiff, even after a year of use.
3) picky but, it could use a little light on the front

Otherwise, it is super maneuverable, sucks up crud from carpet and hard surfaces efficiently and is very easy to maintain.

Bacchus had it right!!

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
timsq wrote:Why do "NEW" Dyson's have a 5 year warranty, and refurbs get only 6 months?

FWIW: When I bought a refurb Dyson from woot (DC33) and registered it online Dyson's website gave it the full 5 year warranty (even though 6 mo was what woot promised). My refurb didn't even look like it had been used at all, so I wonder if woot is being used to either clear inventory that was shipped to warehouses but never put out in stores or if dyson is just moving product in a grey-market discount channel via woot (see price discrimination and economics theory).

Lowerone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Lowerone

Is there any difference between the colors?

rocknrollohio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rocknrollohio

A friend of mine purchased this vacuum brand new (not refurb).I keep reading on the internet that Dyson is the top of the line vacuum and I wanted to try one. Every vacuum shop I talk to Smirks when I tell them that. I tried the dyson ball out over the weekend and it is smaller than it looks, suction was weak and I had to go over carpet a few times to pick up all of the debris. Yes the filter was clean. Reviews on Consumer reports we So So . I would not buy this vac if it was $100 . I’ll stick to my Sebo.

fullfathomdeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullfathomdeep

I'm trying to figure out one thing before I buy: does this model have a motorized brush bar or not?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Lowerone wrote:Is there any difference between the colors?

No difference except the color.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
CowboyDann wrote: Here, Are, A few previous offers. Along with a video review from the vacuum wizard

He's the wiz nobody beats his reviews!

Well, I might as well drag out my old post as well:

Product page:
http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC25-ALLFLOORS

Support page:
http://www.dyson.com/support/help.asp?article=32

User guide:
http://media.dyson.com/downloads/us/floorcare/manuals/dc25_opmanual_usa.pdf

Was $249.99 in November, by the way, also, but in October 2010, $279.99

From the previous woot's inimitable nightghost:

NightGhost wrote:Reviews:

TestFreaks

Vacuum Wizard

Upright Vacuum Cleaners Info

ezine article

Retrevo links

NightGhost wrote:YouTube video:

Basic Review

and definition of refurbished in my signature below.

Sorry, have to go.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Gee, a Dyson! Never seen one of those here!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

derwalli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derwalli

I also recommend this Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner. Just to compare.

Denverw1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Denverw1

I see some people claiming they received a 5 yr warranty on their refurbished vacuums. If dyson/woot can guarantee this then I will definitely buy one. I don't want to risk buying it and only having a 6 month warranty.

rugermatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rugermatt

So is this the all floors or animal model? and seriously woot you could put this info up front somewhere

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

i'm in for one, purple. this is the 3rd dyson we have bought. we still have our about 10 year old model, still working fine! we have gifted a previous refurb and will do the same with this purchase. they do work fine. a friend of ours bought an animal new in a store over the weekend, first vacuumed the carpet with her vacuum, then went over it with the new dyson. the canister filled up. she went over carpet again with the dyson an there was still dirt coming out of the carpet. she now swears by her new dyson. they really do work and they really are expensive.

wooting since 07.17.07

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

i'm in for one, purple. this is the 3rd dyson we have bought. we still have our about 10 year old model, still working fine! we have gifted a previous refurb and will do the same with this purchase. they do work fine. a friend of ours bought an animal new in a store over the weekend, first vacuumed the carpet with her vacuum, then went over it with the new dyson. the canister filled up. she went over carpet again with the dyson an there was still dirt coming out of the carpet. she now swears by her new dyson. they really do work and they really are expensive.

wooting since 07.17.07

smkmn13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smkmn13

I bought a refurb DC24 one of the last million times these came up. When it came, the power switch didn't work, or at least worked intermittently -- you'd push the button, sometimes it would stay on, sometimes it wouldn't.

Obviously returning it wasn't really an option because it would've cost so much to ship, so I talked to Dyson and they found a warranty-approved repair shop that was a little ways away (I'm in Brooklyn, and it was out a ways in Long Island for those that know the NYC area) and they fixed the problem in like 5 minutes.

So, refurb issue? I guess so, but since then the vacuum has been great!

I've only owned sub-$50 vacuums before, so maybe this isn't a good comparison, but I've found my dc24 to be much better. I'm assuming it's the same on the dc25, but the way it empties is actually a big deal for me -- because I have dust allergies, having to take the top off and dump always threw more dust in my face. The DC24 (and this one, I think) release easily from the bottom, and the dust falls right out because the dust typically collects strongest away from the hinge.

injalove26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages injalove26

I bought this the last time it came around. I've got 3 large dogs, two of them extreme shedders. This was a great purchase! It picks up everything, great, and adjusts itself when you switch floors (i.e., rug to tile). It's also a lot lighter than my last vaccuum and, since I'm pregnant, I REALLY appreciate that right now! It looks brand new and works like its brand. Definitely worth the money!

jsnoeyen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsnoeyen
fullfathomdeep wrote:I'm trying to figure out one thing before I buy: does this model have a motorized brush bar or not?

Yes! It can be turned off and on.

I bought one last time around as well and got the 5 year warranty message as well upon registration.

tokiloki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tokiloki
smkmn13 wrote:I bought a refurb DC24 one of the last million times these came up. When it came, the power switch didn't work, or at least worked intermittently -- you'd push the button, sometimes it would stay on, sometimes it wouldn't.

Obviously returning it wasn't really an option because it would've cost so much to ship, so I talked to Dyson and they found a warranty-approved repair shop that was a little ways away (I'm in Brooklyn, and it was out a ways in Long Island for those that know the NYC area) and they fixed the problem in like 5 minutes.

So, refurb issue? I guess so, but since then the vacuum has been great!

I've only owned sub-$50 vacuums before, so maybe this isn't a good comparison, but I've found my dc24 to be much better. I'm assuming it's the same on the dc25, but the way it empties is actually a big deal for me -- because I have dust allergies, having to take the top off and dump always threw more dust in my face. The DC24 (and this one, I think) release easily from the bottom, and the dust falls right out because the dust typically collects strongest away from the hinge.

Our first dyson had this problem. The power button just would not work sometimes.

Just got a newer dyson and the switch seems to be much better. havent had any problems with it.

nphilyaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nphilyaw

Yes. The purple is made especially for picking up animal fur.
http://www.dyson.com/store/hmc.asp

junkite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junkite

Here we go with another $200 plus vacuum. How many do we need?

BenH98

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BenH98

I got one of these last time from woot. I can't be more happy! I love it! It works very well and sucks up all my German Shepherd's dog hair like nothing.

The only thing you need to be cautious about is rugs. It's so powerful it ruined one of my rugs. There was a little dangly piece of rug and the Dyson pulled the piece all the way out! I was amazed when it happened - then a bit sad since I lost my rug... just be careful. =]

McNeany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McNeany

Yes, each reflects light differently.

shihka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shihka
ThunderThighs wrote:No difference except the color.

Hello, Thunder, can you help me? I am being "withheld" on Woot when trying to buy the $49 scale, can you cancel the purchase so I am not waiting in line for the $49 scale anymore so that I can safely purchase the $39 scale without eventually having 2 scales on my hand?

for reference, the page says 'It looks like we're out of stock. People ahead of you in line are getting their orders processed. If some of them get denied, it will free up stock for the next in line...If a product becomes available, we'll sell it to you. We'll refresh this page to keep you updated"

It seems like there is no option to get out of this "withheld" line once being placed into it.

========================

update, the new woot seems to have a "request item cancellation" button that is available at the account page, up until the item is shipped. So it seems like if Woot sells the $49 scale to me, I can just cancel one of the purchase ($39 or $49) before the item ships to avoid having 2 scales.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

(sigh)

Pretty much the same things that I've said the last three times that this has come up, some of which have already been pointed out.

1) The cord is short.
2) Wicked manuverable
3) Does a great job on the carpet.
4) Small dust container, but it is easy to empty, so that is probably a good thing.
5) The washable filter is a bit tricky to get to (the ball has to be turned the right way), but once the door on the ball is opened it comes right out and is easy to clean. Much easier than spending 17 bucks on a new filter.

shihka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shihka
inkycatz wrote:I'm not TT, but we've alerted someone for you.

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

AlienJedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienJedi

Why does this list as 220 Air Watts on Woot, but 115 Air Watts on Dyson? Is Woot lying to me?

DJTravisReed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJTravisReed

Picked up one, need to replace the old ugly red vacuum. Thanks Woot!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
shihka wrote:Hello, Thunder, can you help me? I am being "withheld" on Woot when trying to buy the $49 scale, can you cancel the purchase so I am not waiting in line for the $49 scale anymore so that I can safely purchase the $39 scale without eventually having 2 scales on my hand?

for reference, the page says 'It looks like we're out of stock. People ahead of you in line are getting their orders processed. If some of them get denied, it will free up stock for the next in line...If a product becomes available, we'll sell it to you. We'll refresh this page to keep you updated"

It seems like there is no option to get out of this "withheld" line once being placed into it.

========================

update, the new woot seems to have a "request item cancellation" button that is available at the account page, up until the item is shipped. So it seems like if Woot sells the $49 scale to me, I can just cancel one of the purchase ($39 or $49) before the item ships to avoid having 2 scales.

We've looked into this issue, and have verified unless the items are sold out this should be working properly now. Please let us know if there are any further issues and don't hesitate to contact service.woot with any further issues.

I'm just hanging out, really.

djmoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djmoney

i have the putple anamil edition. it is great i have had it for 5 year or so now. It is just as good as it was when it was new.

ajnmjsmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajnmjsmom

Why is this available to purchase only to get through checkout and told something to the FTC that others have it in their carts and I will basically be wait listed?? Very strange, never he something like this happen before.