caliroz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caliroz

I'm looking to buy my 1st laptop which I will mostly use for email, facebook, web searches and photo storage. I really, really need advice. I'd like something that will last several years, costs no more than $600 or so and is not an Apple.I won't be using it for work and will rarely travel with it. I probably will use it about 1-2 hours per day on average.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

caliroz wrote:I'm looking to buy my 1st laptop which I will mostly use for email, facebook, web searches and photo storage. I really, really need advice. I'd like something that will last several years, costs no more than $600 or so and is not an Apple.I won't be using it for work and will rarely travel with it. I probably will use it about 1-2 hours per day on average.

Howdy. This is a good place to get some ideas. You might also try Ask the Community on Deals.Woot. Those people love to answer questions and find good deals.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

caliroz

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy. This is a good place to get some ideas. You might also try Ask the Community on Deals.Woot. Those people love to answer questions and find good deals.

caliroz

thanks!

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

You'll likely get better deals in the upcoming months as the new line of Intel processors (IvyBridge) is integrated into new laptops.

leithmaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leithmaria

Sounds like all you really need is a tablet (email, facebook!) and an external hard drive to store pictures on.

whersh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whersh
leithmaria wrote:Sounds like all you really need is a tablet (email, facebook!) and an external hard drive to store pictures on.

Seconded!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
leithmaria wrote:Sounds like all you really need is a tablet (email, facebook!) and an external hard drive to store pictures on.

If you like to play Facebook games they are slow on a tablet.

I have a laptop and an Asus transformer prime tablet. Love both but I wouldn't want to go without the laptop. Its takes longer for me to type on the tablet

taythegibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taythegibs

i just recently bought a refurbed Asus k series for $400. 2.4GHz Intel i5 processor(with a turbo boost thingy thing thing that can boost it up to 3.0), 4gb ram (paid $20 for another 4gb stick so it now has 8) 500 gb hard drive. 15.6in screen, etc etc. its been great so far. previously i beat the poo out of a $280 Asus Eee netbook for 3 years, you can get them pretty cheap still.