WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips, an hour or two on the fingertips: let's hear it for the puffed, fried, baked, and popped treats that have left their residue all over our lives. Can you identify the eight common snacks depicted in these not-at-all-disgusting photos? (And do you dare to admit it in public?)

Answers are here. Please post your guesses, speculations, or arguments below! But know this: the Trivial Eye is presented for public amusement and no prizes are offered other than that familiar feeling of aggravation that so much of your mind is occupied by useless trivia.

Quality Posts

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

WORST. TRIVIAL. EYE. EVER.

I got 8/8 though..

browncj7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages browncj7

And all I have for breakfast is this lousy fiber bar...

cartisdm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cartisdm

8/8....that was easy.

hefty244

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hefty244

Technically I'm 7/8 because I guessed cheese-nips not cheese-its.

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

This should be on the citizenship test.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

I got em all but #4, that picture was not the best for ID purposes.
Time for a snack!!

Sianmink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sianmink

8/8 but I thought we had to name specific flavors, like Nacho Cheese or BBQ.. for that, well, the color balance on these pictures is right terrible. Look at those fritos for goodness sake! There's something horribly, terribly wrong with the lighting.

soundmanc2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soundmanc2

Easy. I had most of those yesterday.....only joking....or am I?

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Fritos® does not have an apostrophe.

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee

Puh-leeze, Toon... I got them all INCLUDING flavors. Gimme a challenge, bro!

In other news, my self-loathing has just taken a step up.

Solo154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Solo154

8/8 in yummy goodness! The colors for 4 and 7 seem off, though. What kind of camera took these?

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Only 7 of 8 here.

Solo154 wrote: The colors for 4 and 7 seem off, though. What kind of camera took these?

I agree. I thought it was perhaps a problem with my monitor. 8 looked dark, but I could tell what it was. I had no idea what 4 was and it should have been the easiest one. It looked more like lutefisk than a crunchy snack.

OldElvis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OldElvis

Got 7 of 8, did not know the flavor on #1

We will find a way or we will make one. Hannibal ~ 200 B.C.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

I got all of them except #4.
I thought they were tortilla strips.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
Sianmink wrote:the color balance on these pictures is right terrible... There's something horribly, terribly wrong with the lighting.

HomerTime wrote:I thought it was perhaps a problem with my monitor.

I just ran Photoshop's auto level adjust and auto color balance on all of them to be consistent. That may, in fact, have given these images an odd cast. Then again, it could be that these snack "foods" really are a weirder variety of colors than their packaging leads us to accept.

Either way, Trivial Eye WINNERS make correct responses, not excuses.

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

1. Ruffles..probably barbecue.
2. Cheez Its..although they could be Cheese Nips. Send me some and I will let you know for sure.
3. Chex Mix
4. Lays Original Potato Chips
5. DORITOS!!!
6. Sun Chips. They look like Cheddar flavor.
7. Fritos Corn Chips
8. Cheetos (Crunchy)

^I guessed these then looked at the answers. It scares me how many I got right. I feel both fat and ashamed. Could someone pass the Doritos?

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

abitterwoman

quality posts: 27 Private Messages abitterwoman

In my defense, I would like to submit exhibit D which is a picture of Ruffles Barbecue (obtained from the interwebz):

Exhibit D is for DELICIOUS!

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

When I was in college some friends and I went to a grocery store late at night to pick up limes and Cheez-Its (never mind why).

We were disappointed to find that they were out of Cheez-Its (this was before the elves bought Sunshine and there was just the One True Flavor of Cheez-Its, so they didn't have as much shelf apace).

As we were leaving a girl who worked there asked if she could help us find anything. A friend said we were looking for Cheez-Its, but they were out. She said, no, we've got them, and, hearts lifted, we followed her through the store.

When we got to the snack aisle she said, "here they are!" and pointed to the Cheese Nips.

We were crushed.

Sianmink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sianmink
Solo154 wrote:8/8 in yummy goodness! The colors for 4 and 7 seem off, though. What kind of camera took these?

I believe they were taken with a potato, but the focus is almost too good for that.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Oh yum!

If I bring some ranch dip and some salsa, am I invited to whatever party this is?!

fatdragon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fatdragon

Seriously? I've lived in China for the past five years and eat very little junk food in my short annual trips back Stateside and I got 8/8 (though I missed a couple flavors). I'm not bashing anyone who missed anything, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to figure out how many of these I can get (and how many I can write off as "how was I supposed to know that" pictures), and this one is way too easy.

Mulligan!