WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

VIZIO HDTVs

Do you really need us to explain what a television does? No, we didn't think so. So just accept there are a lot of great programs that will look pretty snazzy on these VIZIO HDTVs. And the bigger the screen, the better they'll seem.
VIZIO official site

cas2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cas2

Any opinions on these TVs, especially the refurbs? I noticed that the warranty provider has an F rating at the BBB. Any idea what Vizio refurbs track record is like?

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

cas2 wrote:Any opinions on these TVs, especially the refurbs? I noticed that the warranty provider has an F rating at the BBB. Any idea what Vizio refurbs track record is like?

I don't know how much it's worth comming from me but I have never had an issue with my 46" Vizio and its a refurb. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
cas2 wrote:Any opinions on these TVs, especially the refurbs? I noticed that the warranty provider has an F rating at the BBB. Any idea what Vizio refurbs track record is like?

I just looked on the BBB's website and Squaretrade (the warranty provider) has an A+ rating. Where did you see the F rating?

Joshocaust

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Joshocaust

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out about input lag on these TVs -- my current ghetto HD TV has a noticeable amount of lag when I'm playing games, which makes me all sorts of confused...

I was curious if anyone has any experience with the VIZIO E421VO, which is the 42", 1080p one up on the site. I've never been one to be concerned with refresh rate, though I guess abstractly I wonder if that does, or how that does, effect gaming.

Any thoughts?

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
Joshocaust wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out about input lag on these TVs -- my current ghetto HD TV has a noticeable amount of lag when I'm playing games, which makes me all sorts of confused...

I was curious if anyone has any experience with the VIZIO E421VO, which is the 42", 1080p one up on the site. I've never been one to be concerned with refresh rate, though I guess abstractly I wonder if that does, or how that does, effect gaming.

Any thoughts?

The response time probably plays a bigger role in game performance than the refresh rate but both are a factor.

Veeper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Veeper

I purchased a 32" Vizio from Woot, and when the backlight went out 100 days after purchase, Vizio said that Woot was not an authorized dealer so they couldn't help me, and Woot said the 90 day warranty was over so TS.

YMMV, but I'd be careful with Vizio purchases from Woot. I got the shaft with a $200 32" TV that now needs a $200 repair.

Love, love, love all things Woot, but I'll never buy another TV from them without checking with the manufacturer before I buy.

alanjayd47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alanjayd47

The post by Veeper doesn't make sense with the current deal. I read Woot's terms of sale carefully. Unless the TV is DOA or close to DOA, Woot wants out of responsibility. The offer clearly says there is a six month warranty from some company but says nothing about the terms of the warranty. I imagine there is some paper in the box that explains it. You have the option of buying a Square Trade Warranty up to two years starting when the refurb warranty expires so you can get coverage for up to 2.5 years. On the set I ordered 2 years costs $103.00. I'm still thinking about buying the 2 years, but the decision is not that easy because the low price makes the gamble that it will work for 2.5 years a close decision against $103 more when they only warrant the purchase price if they can't fix it. The TV cost is much less than the suggested retail price so if Square Trade doesn't kick in until after the 6 mos. warranty from the refurb company and something happens during the first 6 mos., you are stuck with an unexplained warranty that might or might not provide good service. Most electronics that work well for six mos. will continue to work for several years, making the Square Trade price, money down the drain, except for whatever reassurance it gives you. All of this is part of the Woot experience and should be understood up front. You buy stuff on Woot because the price is good, and the risk is low but it's still a risk with any refurb product.

EKERTESZ88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EKERTESZ88

So, has anybody who ordered one of these TV's gotten shipping info yet? Or does the fact the sale isn't over until the 29th mean they don't ship until the 29th? I hope not, I can't wait to check out 3D goodness!

Millionaire81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Millionaire81
EKERTESZ88 wrote:So, has anybody who ordered one of these TV's gotten shipping info yet? Or does the fact the sale isn't over until the 29th mean they don't ship until the 29th? I hope not, I can't wait to check out 3D goodness!

Nothing. I'm wondering as well.

pokothehobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokothehobo
EKERTESZ88 wrote:So, has anybody who ordered one of these TV's gotten shipping info yet? Or does the fact the sale isn't over until the 29th mean they don't ship until the 29th? I hope not, I can't wait to check out 3D goodness!

I ordered one Friday night, It still says "awaiting shipping" I want it already! I got the 47" Razor LED model, I'm hoping it doesn't crap out on me or anything...

aholbert32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32

I ordered one Friday morning and was told by Woot that it may not ship until 5 business days from when I purchased the TV (as late as Friday). I wasnt planning to wait two weeks for a TV so I asked if I could cancel it and Woot refused saying that it was "in the process of fullfillment and could not be cancelled".

Ive never seen a retailer work like this. I could understand not being able to cancel if the TV shipped but Woot has 1) already taken my money 2) The TV has not shipped and 3) cannot provide me with a definitive date the TV will ship.

I emailed them again asking for a definitive date and why if I cant cancel if my TV has not shipped but have yet to receive an answer.

Indy2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Indy2009
pokothehobo wrote:I ordered one Friday night, It still says "awaiting shipping" I want it already! I got the 47" Razor LED model, I'm hoping it doesn't crap out on me or anything...

I also ordered 5 days ago on Friday morning and the order is still in process. I am thinking these will not start shipping untill the 29th cut off date. By my estimation that slates the first orders to go out starting around July 5th or 6th, taking into account the 5 day delay as usual with Woot from the close of the item sale date. Time will tell, ....yawn!

frozenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenmonkey

Me too! I'm getting impatient!

pokothehobo

Indy2009 wrote:I also ordered 5 days ago on Friday morning and the order is still in process. I am thinking these will not start shipping untill the 29th cut off date. By my estimation that slates the first orders to go out starting around July 5th or 6th, taking into account the 5 day delay as usual with Woot from the close of the item sale date. Time will tell, ....yawn!

I wish they would have specified that when I made the order... So is yours "Processing" or "Awaiting Shipping?" because apparently there is a difference. Don't they know that I want everything I see on the internet NOW?

EKERTESZ88

pokothehobo wrote:I wish they would have specified that when I made the order... So is yours "Processing" or "Awaiting Shipping?" because apparently there is a difference. Don't they know that I want everything I see on the internet NOW?

Mine still says "awaiting shipping". . Darn it, I was kinda hoping I'd be able to have this for the 4th. Oh well.

Oh, and as far as refurbed vizios go, I bought two of the 37 inch LCD ones last year, and they have been great. No issues at all.

Indy2009

EKERTESZ88 wrote:Mine still says "awaiting shipping". . Darn it, I was kinda hoping I'd be able to have this for the 4th. Oh well.

Oh, and as far as refurbed vizios go, I bought two of the 37 inch LCD ones last year, and they have been great. No issues at all.

Starting to ship as of Weds. evening, FedEx Smart Post out of Texas. Mine will be here in Indiana on July 6th

Indy2009

pokothehobo wrote:I wish they would have specified that when I made the order... So is yours "Processing" or "Awaiting Shipping?" because apparently there is a difference. Don't they know that I want everything I see on the internet NOW?

Sorry for the miss statement of the wording. The message always was "Awaiting Shipping" after the payment was processed. Last week I ordered a TV from Tiger Direct and the very next day Toshiba offered a $30 rebate on the same model. I called Tiger and cancelled the order and re-ordered to get the proper purchase date for the rebate. Tiger was very helpful in getting it done but the TV had not been pulled from the warehouse for shipping yet. Every retailer is different and I guess Woot is not actually in control of the logistics on some items they sell, only collecting the payment and getting the item sold for a third party. Hence the inability to intercept an order already placed. Woot appears to be a liquidator of excess third party inventory. Just my spin on Woot’s business model for what it is worth. If you want customer service, pay more and deal with a actual retailer indorsed by the manufactures they represent. You get what you pay for, nothing more and hopefully nothing less.

pokothehobo

I woke up this morning to the TV sitting on my doorstep! Praise WOOT! Unfortunately I have a job and that is where I am now... I started to set it up and everything looks good though. My status still says awaiting shipping...

janitard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janitard

6 days ago I was wandering aimlessly around the internet when I stumbled upon Woot and a Vizio tv sale.
"A-ha!" I said to myself "A new 47 inch LCD or LED tv is just the thing I need to watch old black and white reruns of My Three Sons in a HUGE way! I'm getting one!"
I went to bed that night dreaming about a big beautiful Robbie there on my HUGE screen. It didnt happen though, I didn't get that tv and now Robbie is dead.
Who the hell can swoon over a dead guy, even if he is on a 47" inch flat screen with great resolution and backlighting?
I can't find another fella to swoon over on this 27" inch behemoth of a tv set that is in the very spot I had planned for the new and exciting 47" Vizio I found on Woot.com 6 days ago. I paid for it, Woot took my money and broke up with me. Not even a "It's not you, it's us" minnow ass explantion. Nothing.
A yellow triangle forever more.
RIP Robbie.

cphillips0526

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cphillips0526

Ordered 6/24... no love. Still awaiting shipping. :-/

cphillips0526

TV arrived today... still didn't receive an email regarding shipping or tracking. My recent orders still shows the TV as "awaiting shipping".

frozenmonkey

My TV arrived today... completely shattered.

cphillips0526

frozenmonkey wrote:My TV arrived today... completely shattered.

I noticed there was very little packing material in mine as well. :-/

RoscoeUA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RoscoeUA
cphillips0526 wrote:TV arrived today... still didn't receive an email regarding shipping or tracking. My recent orders still shows the TV as "awaiting shipping".

Did it come USPS or what? I'm still waiting on mine. And I also show "Awaiting Shipping"

RoscoeUA

I'm contacting Vizio about my TV right now. There was a large dent in the top of the TV and the screen occasionally flickers. This was 10 min out of the box. Which yes, had very little packaging

ufo0899

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ufo0899
RoscoeUA wrote:I'm contacting Vizio about my TV right now. There was a large dent in the top of the TV and the screen occasionally flickers. This was 10 min out of the box. Which yes, had very little packaging

My tv was broken too, and it shut off very often when I was watching movies..

aholbert32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aholbert32
frozenmonkey wrote:My TV arrived today... completely shattered.

Same thing happened to me. The bottom half of the tv is broken. The TV wont even power up either.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

YIKES! Please let me apologize for the condition of your TVs. I've sent your names on to CS noting the issue.

Could you please email them directly (service@woot.com) as well to generate a trouble ticket in our system.

Thank you and again, apologies.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

carlosxt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlosxt

Got one of the tv's i ordered today. It is not working. :-(

frozenmonkey

I've e-mailed service@woot and rma@woot on Saturday and I've yet to receive any type of confirmation e-mail or anything, is anyone reading this stuff?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

frozenmonkey wrote:I've e-mailed service@woot and rma@woot on Saturday and I've yet to receive any type of confirmation e-mail or anything, is anyone reading this stuff?

After the woot-off and the technical snafu last week, they've been completely buried. Please to be a little patient for a little longer; they're trying to give everybody the attention they deserve & it's taking some extra time.

Thanks bunches, and I love you.

(In the meantime, feel free to call me names and make fun of my mom if it helps. I understand.)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

RoscoeUA

Trust me, Woot will respond to you as soon as they can. They have been fantastic so far on the return of my TV. Great service!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

RoscoeUA wrote:Trust me, Woot will respond to you as soon as they can. They have been fantastic so far on the return of my TV. Great service!

EKERTESZ88

Still waiting.

Scheduled for July 6th, but it's SmartPost, so who really knows. Best part is tracking shows its been just sitting in Kansas city for 3 full days. Walrus Toting Halibut! I was so happy on the redesigned woot site when I saw the new shipping options, but they weren't available on this deal, or believe me, I would have gladly paid the extra....

Please just let it show up intact :/

pokothehobo

Mine has been working, I did notice there are two slight scratches on the screen though, and there is a weird like leak scratch in the middle of the screen that can only be seen when the screen is black or when looking at it head on. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to contact anyone about it, I did pay $580...

carlosxt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carlosxt

Just received the second tv I ordered a day earlier than tracking said. It works! The broken one is being sent back to woot for a refund. To bad no replacement is available for it, because I doubt I'll be able to find it again at that price.

golfniners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages golfniners

Just got mine in LA tonight... 42" E421VO. Turned it on set it up, watched for like 15 minutes, turned it off, turned it back on, and now it's stuck on the Vizio screen! So disappointing

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

EKERTESZ88 wrote:Still waiting.

Scheduled for July 6th, but it's SmartPost, so who really knows. Best part is tracking shows its been just sitting in Kansas city for 3 full days. Walrus Toting Halibut! I was so happy on the redesigned woot site when I saw the new shipping options, but they weren't available on this deal, or believe me, I would have gladly paid the extra....

Please just let it show up intact :/

The tracking shows it was updated today and the ETA is still 07/06.

Please feel free to email us if you have any issues with your TV.

EKERTESZ88

DennisWKam wrote:The tracking shows it was updated today and the ETA is still 07/06.

Please feel free to email us if you have any issues with your TV.

Will do. Thanks for the update! Hopefully no problems, fingers crossed!