Bishop1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bishop1976

Got tv on friday. Brought by the mailman. He was shocked anyone would send a tv through the USPS. Now getting odd lines going through screen.

kickthegoat09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kickthegoat09

Got mine today, and it won't turn on. Called VIZIO support, and they said that Woot isn't an authorized reseller.

Now, it may very well be that the guy I talked to couldn't find Woot in his search or something, but that's a bit disconcerting. Fact of the matter is, I still have a TV that won't turn on.

P.S. I sent an email for the system too, just to cover my bases.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kickthegoat09 wrote:Got mine today, and it won't turn on. Called VIZIO support, and they said that Woot isn't an authorized reseller.

Now, it may very well be that the guy I talked to couldn't find Woot in his search or something, but that's a bit disconcerting. Fact of the matter is, I still have a TV that won't turn on.

P.S. I sent an email for the system too, just to cover my bases.

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion.

These were refurbished TVs and were not warranted through VIZIO. Depending on the one you bought, it was either warrantied through Woot or Amergence. If there wasn't warranty info in the box, it's likely a Woot warranty.

Either way, email service@woot.com and they can figure out which warranty you have and help you out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kickthegoat09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kickthegoat09
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. Sorry for the confusion.

These were refurbished TVs and were not warranted through VIZIO. Depending on the one you bought, it was either warrantied through Woot or Amergence. If there wasn't warranty info in the box, it's likely a Woot warranty.

Either way, email service@woot.com and they can figure out which warranty you have and help you out.

Looks like it's Amergence then. I'll see what service@woot has to say. Thanks!

skelhoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelhoss

I'm sad. I bought a 42" tv and it arrived early, on 7/2. Super easy to set up and it worked for the first few hours. Since then the screen just says Vizio and it doesn't respond to the remote or the buttons on the set. Unfortunately, I wanted to troubleshoot it myself and now can't reach the refurb company, because it is a holiday.

It is too bad that they (Purrfect Refurbs) require us to ship it to them for warranty service, and that a TV failed basically out of the box. Glad I got the Square Trade warranty too.

accrx77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accrx77

Did anyone else order the 3D combo VIZIO E3DB420VX? I think they may have either sent me the wrong remote or i am missing a remote. The remote i recieved only works for the tv and not the blu ray player. the spec page shows remote XRD3BR, i got remote XRT301. HELP me please, i cannot play any movies through the blu ray player

kgeorge8484

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgeorge8484

Mine is not working at all. Got the 37" one for guest room for the holiday - nothing but a black screen after it turned on once. This is a major disappoint and might deter me from ever buying refurb online again!

kgeorge8484

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kgeorge8484
Bishop1976 wrote:Got tv on friday. Brought by the mailman. He was shocked anyone would send a tv through the USPS. Now getting odd lines going through screen.

phila1fly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phila1fly
Joshocaust wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out about input lag on these TVs -- my current ghetto HD TV has a noticeable amount of lag when I'm playing games, which makes me all sorts of confused...

I was curious if anyone has any experience with the VIZIO E421VO, which is the 42", 1080p one up on the site. I've never been one to be concerned with refresh rate, though I guess abstractly I wonder if that does, or how that does, effect gaming.

Any thoughts?

phila1fly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phila1fly

Hey on the vizio I bought one from Walmart a refirb 421VO I love it I haven't noticed any lag when playing battlefield 2 on my PlayStation, I love the TV and I'm only getting 1080i from my cable co. Walmart refirbs their own tvs

count004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages count004

I am having the same problems as most people. Tv right out of the box not working right. Last not an hour before the home screen freezes.

EKERTESZ88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EKERTESZ88

Still haven't got it. FedEx Smartpost just changed my expected arrival date from the 6th to the 7th. Guess that means Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. I wouldnt be so irritated if it didn't sit at every smartpost center for 2-3 days at a time. Reading everyone's comments about these not working is just making the wait even better. I am really nervous I'm waiting for a tv that's likely to not work or be damaged by insufficient packaging. I have had good luck with woot refurbs before, but the shipping just feels much, much longer this time, and I've never read about so many packages arriving broken or items failing after light use.. Thumbs down to this whole smartpost thing. Never again! I think I may have to just avoid the woots that don't offer the option of better shipping.

cdsinfla

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cdsinfla

I sent the 42" to my parents. Broken out of the box. The Vizio logo lights up. screen turned on for a minute. Now it will not power on. I called Purrfect Refurbs. They insist we send it back at our expense. If you ask for them to pay shipping they become instant jerks. I don't have any confidence that the next TV they send will work either. Obviously these units were never refurbished. They just sent them out hoping they will work.
I think I would like a refund.

GutierrezsGhost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GutierrezsGhost

Got it. Delivered USPS with very little protection. Some surface scratches which is expected. Screen in good condition. So far it's a steal. Fingers crossed.

frozenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenmonkey

Can a staff member please tell me why it's been a week and still no response to my customer service e-mail?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

frozenmonkey wrote:Can a staff member please tell me why it's been a week and still no response to my customer service e-mail?

Sorry about that. I've forwarded your request to CS. In the mean time, you might check your email spam/junk folders. We end up there quite a bit. *grumble*

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sarahreedbrandt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahreedbrandt

Got a E220VA refurbished from woot. Worked for 2 days, now it won't turn on. Woot, help me!! What's going on?? Now from all of the comments I'm reading, this Purrfect Refurbs place sounds like a totally sketchy business. I thought I was getting a refurb from Vizio, not some other company. I want to send it back, but not if the TV I get ends up with the same problem. What do I do?

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
frozenmonkey wrote:Can a staff member please tell me why it's been a week and still no response to my customer service e-mail?

I am not showing any emails received from the email address on this account. I'm going to send you a PM for more information.

EKERTESZ88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EKERTESZ88

Went and picked it up from the post office yesterday. Packaging was the vizio packaging with the box turned inside out. So far, perfect! No damage, tv working great, 3d is awesome. Thrilled with everything but the shipping method.

sdabhh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdabhh

Bought a 19 inch Vizio on the 26th. Worked great for a week and now it won't turn on! Email sent to woot and awaiting reply!

frozenmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frozenmonkey

I still have this DOA broken TV that's been sitting in my living room for a month. It seems i've been getting the run around and nobody wants to help me get this busted TV out of my hands. Majorly regretting buying this, should have known better than to make a large purchase on-line.

I've filed a damage report with FedEx and waited 7 business days like they said, and still hadn't heard back from them so I called them and they said that the issue will only be resolved with shipper. Can I please get a staff member to help me out?

kkshields

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kkshields
frozenmonkey wrote:I still have this DOA broken TV that's been sitting in my living room for a month. It seems i've been getting the run around and nobody wants to help me get this busted TV out of my hands. Majorly regretting buying this, should have known better than to make a large purchase on-line.

I've filed a damage report with FedEx and waited 7 business days like they said, and still hadn't heard back from them so I called them and they said that the issue will only be resolved with shipper. Can I please get a staff member to help me out?

I don't show that you've emailed us regarding this issue from the email on your account. I'm going to send you a PM for some more information regarding this.

alaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaka

Briefly tested mine when I got it but didn't use it very much because it was for my dorm room. Moved in today and put the tv up tested it again and fine. Then tonight I went to actually use it for the first time and it was completely broken. The screen is covered in vertical bands and nothing can be seen but colors on the screen.