3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Energy by Klipsch 2.1 Speaker System
$49.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $13 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

dogorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogorman

Great Sound and a Great Value!

MarWillis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarWillis

Best product description ever.

thestickyb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thestickyb

I have the 5.1 Energy Micro surround set in my living room and I personally think the quality for the price is outstanding.

If I didn't already have a nice set of 2.1 speakers I would jump on this deal.

allhighruler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages allhighruler

Ocean Mussel Goodness, best right up ever. I saw a video comparing Steve jobs showing off the first iPad over two years ago, and the one for microsoft. The guy said almost a verbatim of what Steve jobs said, the specs on the two devices are similar, and yet, people would still prefer a 2 1/2 year old tablet compared to the new one. At least Steve jobs didn't need to grab a back up tablet because the first one didn't work!

pjoeltyler

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler

Cheaper from some sellers on Amazon. -_-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005XSXB5U/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

caseydog2212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caseydog2212

The product description made me actually want the speakers.

wootstergold

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootstergold

I own a Klipsch 2.1 Speaker system and use it with my computer. While I don't own THIS model in particular mine looks very similar. I have been extremely happy with my sound system since I bought it almost seven years ago. I think this is an excellent woot!

mambojuice

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mambojuice

The volume control for these is on the subwoofer? Like, on the floor? Seems inconvenient.

Also, Microsoft has had tablets since Windows XP.

settlit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages settlit
MarWillis wrote:Best product description ever.

Snarkiest Woot product description ever.

thecontractor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecontractor

Anybody with a finger on the pulse of ANYTHING could tell you that the Surface is doomed for failure. And you know where failed products inevitably land? RIGHT HERE, BABY. GIMME GIMME GIMME.

This is funny. Good job on the description now that its all hidden and stuff.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jiggersgreen wrote:Was my comment edited for suggesting Woot should at least price match Amazon sellers for the same item? What happened to free speech?

We will often match prices from reputable known retailers. Those are not. The first has 1 left in stock (update: now gone). Scooter Central & Leon's Odds & Ends don't qualify.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

schrody

quality posts: 9 Private Messages schrody

Best feature? NO iToy docking connector. YAY!

No shirt, no shoes, no pants, no gods. No worries!

SamuraiProgrammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamuraiProgrammer
settlit wrote:Snarkiest Woot product description ever.

Indeed. Surprised their Amazon flounders didn't make them include a link to the Kindle Fire too.

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

Sounds like woot has a bad business relationship with Microsoft. The surface rocks! If only you apple zombies stopped drinking the koolaid long enough to open your eyes.

edit- stupid me forgot who owns woot

SamuraiProgrammer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SamuraiProgrammer
scottman54 wrote:Sounds like woot has a bad business relationship with Microsoft. The surface rocks! If only you apple zombies stopped drinking the koolaid long enough to open your eyes.

Yeah, it's funny because their whole site used to run on ASP.NET (a Microsoft product). Curious.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, a LONG time ago, Woot! used to offer a no-name speaker set 2.1 as well as a 5.1. I managed to get 4 or 5 sets of the 2.1, and 3 sets of the 5.1.

BEST SPEAKER SETS EVER!

Even if they did come from RoundRock.

steve

akmotas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akmotas

This will make that Zune you received in your 2008 Bucket of Coral sound amazing.

Terry

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

In for one. I figure with only two ears 2.1 works fine for me.

stazja01

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stazja01
scottman54 wrote:Sounds like woot has a bad business relationship with Microsoft.

Look up refurbished Zune reviews. Bought one here a couple years ago. Sent it back twice before I got a working one. Microsoft has a spray and pray mentality towards their refurbished products. Throw enough crap and eventually something sticks. I love Zunes. Bought another one in fact. But their process for refurbs is crap and probably caused some bad blood.

This message not sent from an overhyped iPhone

shortcake49

quality posts: 14 Private Messages shortcake49

So little comment activity. That was one of the best parts of the old Woot.

jedwinj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jedwinj

Klipsch is a well-known name for quality speakers, but a 3-inch speaker that only goes down to 80 Hz cannot be properly called a 'subwoofer'. It can barely be considered a woofer.

tim74

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tim74

Awww, 25 watts makes that the cutest little microwave ever. Does it do defrost?

And how about those mesh screen devices. Are those the new Dyson food coolers so you don't burn your mouth? If those are Dyson, this must be payment 1 of 8 for easypay.

iloveshopping321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveshopping321

HORRIBLE review at Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836269003

There are much more better option out there at the price range, I'll pass.

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve
scottman54 wrote:Sounds like woot has a bad business relationship with Microsoft. The surface rocks! If only you apple zombies stopped drinking the koolaid long enough to open your eyes.

How can the Surface rock when it doesn't actually exist? Microsoft didn't show any software running on it (they make a little thing called Office so you'd think they'd at least show that) and didn't let any of the people they invited to the unveiling touch the keyboard. You whippersnappers probably don't remember the good old days when Microsoft was king of vaporware.

But it does have a kickstand so I can see where you're coming from.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Why does this microwave come with two speakers?

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

Yeah. You can make comments about European products and the economy and be censored, but it's all fair game to down an American product and post it.

mikemetcalf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemetcalf
iloveshopping321 wrote:HORRIBLE review at Newegg

Review; singular. Not a good enough sample to swing me one way or the other.

nhkh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nhkh

PC mag review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399358,00.asp?kc=PCRSS02129TX1K0000530

lll0228

quality posts: 34 Private Messages lll0228

The description is great! And knowing full well that Woot is owned by Amazon makes it even funnier.

It's like...the late-to-the-game (Kindle Fire) is laughing at the very-late-to-the-game.

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

OK, now I'm convinced there is already a smear campaign against the surface. Jimmy Fallon also had a skit with a crashing surface tonight (which was actually an iPad). And Fallon takes sponsor money any chance he can. They must be worried.

allibyx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allibyx

"Oh, and since all of our music is in iTunes we can't play it here…"
and
"And it is that very lack of functionality that will one day land a boatload of them on our doorstop"

I had to laugh at especially this part. I wasn't aware that Woot would stoop to a level of pretending (or not?) to be so abysmally void of technical knowledge. Hopefully they were kidding, and didn't imply that a consumption device is more versatile than one which runs a full OS with the added bonus (among others) of having inking capabilities. For those of you who've been living under the mainstream advertising rock and don't know what inking capabilities are, blame Microsoft for their poor marketing skills and Steve Jobs for convincing consumers that replacing pen and paper is uncool.

If they weren't kidding, I don't blame them. We're talking about a device that can actually jailbreak an iPad and make it its wife (prison flashbacks anyone?), so some desperate tactics against the opposition are understandable.

But to be fair, I agree and hope the Surface ends up here. I'll probably be the first Woot sucker if it happens. I could use the discount. Unfortunately for many of us, this might never be, otherwise the Samsung Series 7 Slate or the Asus EP121 would've met the same fate already (if it did happen please don't tell me I missed it!).
Either way, I'll be crossing my fingers and checking Woot every day, just in case.

smithj33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithj33

That description must have been written by a new staff member at woot. It is written with the humor and intelligence of a 16 year old. It was also a weak jab at a product that doesn't exist. The iPod and iPad have been sold on woot, so I guess they were as ill-fated as the upcoming Surface....

Sad description Woot. New website layout sucks and you hired some crappy intern to write your descriptions now. Can Woot sell itself on Woot?

allibyx

smithj33 wrote:That description must have been written by a new staff member at woot. It is written with the humor and intelligence of a 16 year old. It was also a weak jab at a product that doesn't exist. The iPod and iPad have been sold on woot, so I guess they were as ill-fated as the upcoming Surface....

Sad description Woot. New website layout sucks and you hired some crappy intern to write your descriptions now. Can Woot sell itself on Woot?

Very good point. The whole description reeks of propaganda and double standards. I guess they need to stir things up to get more hits? Maybe that'll get more speakers sold. Who knows.

ZealotOnAStick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ZealotOnAStick
allibyx wrote:
"And it is that very lack of functionality that will one day land a boatload of them on our doorstop"

I had to laugh at especially this part. I wasn't aware that Woot would stoop to a level of pretending (or not?) to be so abysmally void of technical knowledge. Hopefully they were kidding, and didn't imply that a consumption device is more versatile than one which runs a full OS with the added bonus (among others) of having inking capabilities.

I'm the SysAdmin for the small-but-growing software company I'm employed by, and I've used pretty much every device option for the last 3 years. Android tablets from 2.2 through ICS/4.0, IOS on phones and Tablets from 3.x through 5.x, Windows Phone 7 and 7.5, and Windows tablets (both digitizer and touch-screen laptops, as well as slates, from XP through 7 and our internal testing of 8).

The standard Surface, running Windows 8 RT . . . I can see it flopping.

Where the real power and versatility with Surface is, in the Surface Pro - running proper Windows 8, with a Core i5, and the digitizer (the inking you mention). Now, that tablet, has potential. If Microsoft doesn't price it out of reach.

sankilibre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sankilibre
SESteve wrote:How can the Surface rock when it doesn't actually exist? Microsoft didn't show any software running on it (they make a little thing called Office so you'd think they'd at least show that) and didn't let any of the people they invited to the unveiling touch the keyboard. You whippersnappers probably don't remember the good old days when Microsoft was king of vaporware.

But it does have a kickstand so I can see where you're coming from.

check out the verge and arstechnica. Both touched the keyboard and gave impressions on how it felt.

fooknboomn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fooknboomn

This looks so cheap (low quality) but if made by Klipsch, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

allibyx

ZealotOnAStick wrote:The standard Surface, running Windows 8 RT . . . I can see it flopping.

Where the real power and versatility with Surface is, in the Surface Pro - running proper Windows 8, with a Core i5, and the digitizer (the inking you mention). Now, that tablet, has potential. If Microsoft doesn't price it out of reach.

I see your point. I'm not ready to make any predictions myself until I know more about the RT's platform. If its intended functionality is strictly consumption then I'm right there with you. The market doesn't need another iPad wannabe. If they managed to make it into a productive tool then it'll still be a tricky sell because there are too many things to consider other than price alone.

If the pro version (which I was more referring to) ends up sitting over the $1000 range, this entire ordeal might end up being just another marketing gimmick since the exact technology has already been out there for a while (i.e. Samsung 7 and Asus EP121).

Either way, it's too early to tell and shooting it down based on its functionality or even marketing alone is a very irresponsible and ignorant thing to do by these "reputable" sources.