quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsmith88

Can i hook these up to my tv ?

dsmith88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsmith88

Please someone answer my question. can i hook these up to my tv! Thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dsmith88 wrote:Please someone answer my question. can i hook these up to my tv! Thanks

It's really not meant for that. The input is a 3.5mm headphone jack. You could run a male to male headphone wire and make it work.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kh99

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kh99
doctordawg wrote:Nope. Not true. Low frequencies cannot be sourced very well at all by human hearing. Wavelengths longer than the width of your head rely on volume and not phase for your brain to locate, with the "shadow" created by your noggin slightly reducing the energy to the far ear compared to the close ear. The louder the wave, the harder to source. Oversimplified, but that'd be the physics.

BTW, eighth-spacing (corner of the room) woofers will give you an 18db boost into the room if you wanna dance to this little guy.

lol, OK, well you can argue the physics all you want. But if you're going to buy a system with a 25 watt 3 inch "subwoofer" and put it in the corner thinking it's going to sound like a dance club, you may be disappointed. I think it's just going to sound like half your sound is coming from a corner of your room.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Physics & coupling aside, I can say after 20 odd years in the sound biz a pair of L/R subs will yield far better results then a single point source sub. Your ears may not perceive direction below 100hz. but moving into the 200hz-400hz range it becomes a whole new ball game. Trust me we have tried both methods.

allibyx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages allibyx
flashbeezy wrote:You can tell the microsoft fan boys can't take a joke....or simply wish they had some koolaid.

Seriously...the surface will be a flop just like the rest. Zunebin it goes.

It's not a joke when the funnier version is if they're serious.

flashbeezy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flashbeezy
williedillon wrote:Why will it be a flop? Because it doesn't have an Apple logo on it?

If you have to ask, your not worthy of me telling you.

Watch the unveiling...it's rushed...that's why it kept crashing on stage...made the v neck wearing presenter a bit nervous..

chubbyw69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chubbyw69

Just got these in today. Wife wanted speakers to put on the counter for her laptop. I've got to say they are suprisingly good. No hum, great quality, and look nice on the coounter.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Too all the nay sayers. I like mine just fine. Works great as an iphone 2.1 system.