0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Acer ICONIA A200 Tablet
$199.99 + $5 Standard OR $20 One-Day OR $12 Two-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Better deal than yesterdays Archos offer. Only a low quality (.3mp) front facing camera and no rear camera may be a drawback for some people.

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

This could take awhile...

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

Having a full-sized USB port is nice. Having only 1 camera is not....BUT the price is right.

JackBarlow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JackBarlow

will this work with that wireless pen thing I just passed on?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
JackBarlow wrote:will this work with that wireless pen thing I just passed on?

Only if you pass on it.

move along

russellDA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russellDA

Bought one the other day on Woot, should get it today! I have my fingers crossed that it is good

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz

OK at this price point.
Here's what Android Central has to say: http://www.androidcentral.com/acer-iconia-a200-review

EVANGELIONHD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EVANGELIONHD

same price that the acer a100 that you could go get at game stop twice the screen and twice the memory....

jpeggers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpeggers

Just got. Not bad. Better interface than iPad w/ the ice cream on board. Mmmm, ice cream.

JackBarlow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JackBarlow
j5 wrote:Only if you pass on it.

good call...I can't wait til they're not delivered

blondegoesbrunette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegoesbrunette

I won't even trust a fresh from the manufacturer Acer product - much less a refurbished one...

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1

Middling review, at best, from Endgadget.com - http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/15/acer-iconia-tab-a200-review/

ultrawolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ultrawolf

Since this will take a while, maybe I'll entertain with an app support question: If I buy some apps on Google Play, and then someday upgrade to a different tablet, can I transfer the apps? Google Play's terms say unlimited re-installs, but they don't spell out if that's only to the same device.

Thanks....

ultrawolf

darthaegis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darthaegis

meh

johncihak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncihak

I've had the A100 (now with ICS) for a year. The lack of useful apps is pathetic. It feels like Android tablets have been abandoned. I've gone back to using an iPad and the A100 gathers dust. Its to heavy and awkward (16:9) for an ebook reader especially with its low res - the Kindles are much better (I have the Kindle Fire and Touch too).

gallogj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gallogj
ultrawolf wrote:Since this will take a while, maybe I'll entertain with an app support question: If I buy some apps on Google Play, and then someday upgrade to a different tablet, can I transfer the apps? Google Play's terms say unlimited re-installs, but they don't spell out if that's only to the same device.

Thanks....

Yes you can....it's tied to your google ID. Once you login to google on your new device...paid apps will automatically install. Free apps you might need to reinstall manually.

autocrosser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages autocrosser
ultrawolf wrote:Since this will take a while, maybe I'll entertain with an app support question: If I buy some apps on Google Play, and then someday upgrade to a different tablet, can I transfer the apps? Google Play's terms say unlimited re-installs, but they don't spell out if that's only to the same device.

Thanks....

Yes. When I purchase stuff on my tablet I can also download it on my phone without paying again.

nomadxxi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nomadxxi

yes, buy it. So you don't have money to buy the rumored Nexus 7 in July.

adfporter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adfporter

I've had no problems installing purchased apps on 2 phones (Motorola Atrix, Droid 3) and the Samsung WiFi 5.0 wooted here last fall.

Thanks....

mikesaiztx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikesaiztx

Thanks....

Yes, you can transfer to a different device, I have purchased apps and run them both on my android phone and my tablet.

pcav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcav

i have been looking for a tablet for a while and this is the price point i was looking for. however, for the same price i can get the kindle fire. smaller, yes, but brand new and it has many more positive reviews than this. rather unfortunate, cause i liked the size on this one.

DanFraley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanFraley
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Acer ICONIA A200 Tablet
$199.99 + $5 Standard OR $20 One-Day OR $12 Two-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Will Skype work?

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

waiting for the new Google nexus 7 to come out. So pass

bradarnett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradarnett

Anyone use these for roleplaying pdfs? I've been having a hard time finding one that works well for the Pathfinder books. Most of the other android devices I've dealt with don't really handle them too well.

gatorone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorone
johncihak wrote:I've had the A100 (now with ICS) for a year. The lack of useful apps is pathetic. It feels like Android tablets have been abandoned. I've gone back to using an iPad and the A100 gathers dust. Its to heavy and awkward (16:9) for an ebook reader especially with its low res - the Kindles are much better (I have the Kindle Fire and Touch too).

I have over 200 apps on my Motorola Xoom, most apps for android will work just great on a tablet.

berman28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berman28
DanFraley wrote:Will Skype work?

Not well with the crappy front-facing camera that this comes with if you want to do video.

alose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alose

As long as the App is compatible with the new device, then yes.

I have an Acer A500 and a Samsung Infuse 3g, and an HP Touchpad running Cyanogenmod 9. Most Apps I have payed for run fine on all 3 devices. There is a few games that will run only on the A500.

BTW, the A500 is really great. I like it better than my Sister's iPad. My parents after seeing the two devices, went and got themselves an A500.

The A200 seems to be the same as the A500 with a lower quality front camera and no back camera. Seeing how I only ever occasionally use the front camera for Video Conferencing, I do not think most people will notice the camera difference.

Thanks....

guyjin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyjin

Google's rumored to be ready to intro a 7" Nexus tablet this week at their I|O conference for $199.

Me? I'd wait. This isn't worth it.

ultrawolf

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ultrawolf
mikesaiztx wrote:Yes, you can transfer to a different device, I have purchased apps and run them both on my android phone and my tablet.

Thanks to all who answered. I didn't know you could buy an app once and install on more than one device.

ultrawolf

Badpookey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Badpookey

Seems like a nice value, but with the 7" Vizio at $179 new (Costco), a think this is easier to say no.

birute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages birute

How does one go about accessing comments from previous Woot? I purchased the motorola tablet and wanted to see some of the comments made about the apps.

DanFraley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanFraley
berman28 wrote:Not well with the crappy front-facing camera that this comes with if you want to do video.

"Thanks" I will Pass!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 127082

does this model have a GPS?

fishphotogal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fishphotogal
pcav wrote:i have been looking for a tablet for a while and this is the price point i was looking for. however, for the same price i can get the kindle fire. smaller, yes, but brand new and it has many more positive reviews than this. rather unfortunate, cause i liked the size on this one.

kindle fire is a media player, a rather slick media player especially if you are using Amazon media. This is a tablet computer. and it will have the accelerometers that the fire lacks.

TheGrandWooterian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGrandWooterian

Does anyone own one of these?

EVANGELIONHD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EVANGELIONHD

Thanks....

yes it is possible as long you are using the same google account on the new tablet. visit the google play store on you computer and log in you will see a list of all you devices link them to that account as well as all the apps free\pay that you have ever downloaded

TaterTot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TaterTot

I'll never understand the appeal of tablets.

msuarcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msuarcher
berman28 wrote:Not well with the crappy front-facing camera that this comes with if you want to do video.

ummm, the front camera has the same specs as the ipad2. there is only so much data that can be reliably streamed between two devices.

VGA front facing cameras for facetime/skype are pretty well the norm.