WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Today we're gonna drive us some robots. Today we're gonna protect us a little grid-based city. Today we're gonna be playing Gare.

See you after the jump for more!

Gare has you playing a pretty blue mech, walking around a Tron-like grid full of buildings and gardens and other obstacles. You want to blow up everything that isn't you. Sometimes you can't. Other times you can. And sometimes, they get you first.

Think of it like Combat meets Zone Of The Enders and you've got an idea of the gameplay. As you level up, you'll get space cash, which you can use to buy armor, speed and weapons. The game you play can be determined by how you outfit your mech. Want to just zip around finding checkpoints and stars? Or do you want to walk your armored butt right up in the enemy's face and laugh as they flail against your energy shield? The path is up to you!

Gare isn't a game that's easy to screenshot, as you'll be using mouse AND keyboard the whole time, but it is a game that's fun. Check it out, and remember to let us know how well you do! Highest score by Monday will be our Quality Post Champion!

Quality Posts

abitterwoman

quality posts: 28 Private Messages abitterwoman

It's pretty fun. I'm up to level 6 but I keep dying there. Not sure how much more patience I have :x

"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose."

note2001

quality posts: 26 Private Messages note2001

They're not robots if they're remote control.

astevenscr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages astevenscr

I don't know about score, but I passed all 10 levels, got 3 stars on all levels, bought all the upgrades, am at level 30 of experience upgrades, such that I'm basically indestructible short of running into a boss (I can run into anything else).

Fun little waste of time.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Pro tip: Armor and shield recharges provide a permanent bonus of a few shield/armor points if you are at full health.

Still single, can't imagine why.

ishoplive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ishoplive

I enjoyed myself a lot! But I don't have much time to play it!

afkrypto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages afkrypto

Oh man, this game is ADDICTIVE!

Best route for easiest kills is to max the biped legs and the big cannon. With both of those equipped the special can create an infinite safe zone for you (you'll understand once you get to mission 8), and the special turns itself into a freaking death blossom when the timer runs out! Let the enemies swarm and then skadoosh! It's better than the bombs!

And what defines high score? Because I've got all the stars, all the upgrades, and I'm just letting the cash flow in now! ($87,839 at the time of this post)

astevenscr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages astevenscr

Sorry, can't link actual image, and Woot is right, the game doesn't screen shot well, but its fun to easily blast level 10 without firing a shot (let tikky blast everything for you):

Link to screen grab

(all those blue streaks are Tikky's missles)