0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
uNu iPhone 4/4S Battery Case
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

SockV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SockV

Boy, this is awfully familiar.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

$32 on Amazon with 4 stars.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mm20

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mm20

I'm much happier with my iPhone case that was 75% off this price.

The 12 days of crap was just that- crap.

It's funny how when Woot! calls their stuff crap, it's ok, but when *YOU* call it crap, *poof* you get banned. Hypocrites.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

If you haven't bought a case for your Iphone yet This would be the perfect time to do it. I think out of all the iPhone's I have seen the screens are more often cracked than they aren't. The extra battery life is just an added bonus.

frshsqzedoj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frshsqzedoj
mm20 wrote:I'm much happier with my iPhone case that was 75% off this price.

You realize this is also an extra battery and not JUST a case right? *smh*

givinupthefight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages givinupthefight

Got this on woot previously. Backup battery works flawlessly. I would usually turn it on and start the charge when i hit 20% battery life or so and would get almost a full charge out of it It does add a bit of weight but not much size. My big complaint is roughly half the time, it recognizes the case as a peripheral, even if it is not currently "on" in charging mode, and you can't use the built in speaker on the phone as it tries to play all sound through the peripheral. As a charger 5/5 stars, as a case 4/5 due to weight, overall 3/5 due to the sound complaint.

100 woots since 10/19/07
Last woot was on 5/3/12
-Giv

Wagonbacker9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wagonbacker9

I picked this up on a previous woot. I LOVE it. I typically use it as a reserve battery and its come in handy a few times. Its not much bigger than my old case and isn't a problem to carry in a good sized pocket.

Wagonbacker9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wagonbacker9
givinupthefight wrote:Got this on woot previously. Backup battery works flawlessly. I would usually turn it on and start the charge when i hit 20% battery life or so and would get almost a full charge out of it It does add a bit of weight but not much size. My big complaint is roughly half the time, it recognizes the case as a peripheral, even if it is not currently "on" in charging mode, and you can't use the built in speaker on the phone as it tries to play all sound through the peripheral. As a charger 5/5 stars, as a case 4/5 due to weight, overall 3/5 due to the sound complaint.

I haven't experienced this once, its only ever recognized it as a charger for me. Interesting.

Jefiner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jefiner

Can you use this with a Touch? Clearly, it's thicker, but will the interface charge the battery in a touch?

ericshmerick

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ericshmerick

Got one for some reason.

It will be nice to use microUSB to charge my iPhone (staring at you Apple for bucking the microUSB standard). Especially since I also carry a Galaxy Nexus (microUSB). One charger to carry in my bag will be easier to manage.

Does the case severely muffle the speakers?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is a review thats about seven minutes long.

Here is a longer 15 minute review

Early on in the second video the reviewer talks about a tab that broke off on both of his cases. He also said you're more likely to get a 66% increase on battery life as opposed to the double they promise.

Based solely on these two reviews I'd have to give it a strong 7/10.

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

Wait wait wait. This the same one I just paid $30 for in last week's wootoff?

Quality post? Me??

givinupthefight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages givinupthefight
ericshmerick wrote:Got one for some reason.

It will be nice to use microUSB to charge my iPhone (staring at you Apple for bucking the microUSB standard). Especially since I also carry a Galaxy Nexus (microUSB). One charger to carry in my bag will be easier to manage.

Does the case severely muffle the speakers?

The case has holes for the speakers so no muffling at all. I had issues with it disabling the speakers altogether because it saw the battery as a peripheral and tried to play sound out that way. Happened roughly half the time with no predictability as to when or why.

100 woots since 10/19/07
Last woot was on 5/3/12
-Giv

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

biggoron wrote:Wait wait wait. This the same one I just paid $30 for in last week's wootoff?

No, you bought a DX Plus; different model.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron
ThunderThighs wrote:No, you bought a DX Plus; different model.

O ok. Cuz i didnt see a model number on my purchase. Thanks!

Quality post? Me??

Kevin11

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Kevin11

I got two of these about 2 months ago, one for myself, one for a gift. Both are working flawlessly. The battery life is definitely double. The fit and finish of the case is fantastic. It is smooth, fits tightly on the phone - no shifting around, and best of all it's easy to remove or put back on. I can see how the retention tabs would be easy to break if a person were too forceful or careless, and perhaps mine will break someday, but I can't see why it would if I'm not careless and I don't take it off that often.
The case has that weird velvety feel that is popular now on various things. It's solid but feels soft at the same time.
I showed mine to several iphone people at work and most of them regretted not buying when I sent the link out the first time. Isn't that how people usually are? This time I got three. One is a gift, one is a backup for myself, and one is for a coworker that swears she wants it badly but got distracted last time and didn't buy it when she planned to then it was too late.
OH - and I never had any problems or issues with the sound or the speaker being blocked. I use the speaker phone option frequently and the sound comes right through the hole in the case the way it should.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Bought 2 of these like everyone else a couple of months ago and I love it. The case is rigid and tough enough to stand a drop, the screen cover they offer is nice, having the backup battery charge is generally enough to get me through a full day of listening to podcasts over bluetooth sitting in a building that gets no signal. I would certainly recommend this item and may pick up another as a gift for a friend.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

There are so many great opinions and reviews on this which have been so helpful that it definitely helped me to realize I had to order one. Thanks Wooters for sharing your experiences and care tips.

fourrayg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fourrayg

I bought one of these last time. It's good for a value portable charger, but charging can be finicky

jetmanjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetmanjo

I'm in for two, but realized that unfortunately you will not be able to "Dock" your iPhone while using this case. Still, it will be nice to have the extended juice, especially while working 12 hour shift work!

OneThunder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OneThunder
jetmanjo wrote:I'm in for two, but realized that unfortunately you will not be able to "Dock" your iPhone while using this case. Still, it will be nice to have the extended juice, especially while working 12 hour shift work!

I have the Otterbox and although I'm pleased with it as a protective case, not being able to 'dock' it without removing the case is a serious drawback to me.

My W00TS:
Woot-Off Lights
Sandisk Clip 2GB MP3 Player
America Stories of War 36 DVD Collection
Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player Pinnacle DVD Maker Deluxe

soapdoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soapdoc
mm20 wrote:I'm much happier with my iPhone case that was 75% off this price.

Did you see, it's not just a case but a charger as well?? I think this is a GREAT price for what it is, but if you found THIS product that was 75% off this price, please do share your source!

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Now, if they would make this item for Androids, that would be amazing.

djcubinlinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djcubinlinx
Boxymoron wrote:Now, if they would make this item for Androids, that would be amazing.

If they did, it would be the size of a tablet. It would be too big to put to your ear!

janiscor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages janiscor

Curious, is this something that you would advise I always leave on, or something that I can just use when I have a 15 to 16 hour work day?
Also does it make sense to charge it separate from the phone? Is that even possible?
Is taking it on and off detrimental to the case or phone, if I do it carefully? I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything that will harm either.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

We'll probably be seeing a lot of these kinds of cases and peripherals on sale, since the iPhone 5 is coming out later this year. New model means new cases so manufacturers are reducing inventory.

Still...I bought one. Won't be upgrading right away.

ddesantis79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddesantis79

Just bought one based on a reviewer named Patric Michael on Amazon.com. He gives a lengthy review, but it's the following part that got me:

Electronically, the case delivers pretty much as promised, so long as you explicitly follow the manufacturer's admittedly sparse instructions. Unu presents this case as a "recharger," rather than an ongoing power supply, meaning that they recommend turning the device on only after the phones internal battery is depleted. Used in that fashion, the case consistently recharges the phone battery from 20% to 100% every time, though the "power low" warning light starts flashing at around 85% or so.

However, it occurred to me to go against the manufacturer's recommendations and use the case as an alternative power source, thereby saving the iPhone's internal battery from the inevitable charge cycle failure. After all, $50.00 is a lot less expensive than what Apple charges to replace a failed phone battery.

Thus, I charge the case up each night and it lasts through most of the next day, powering the phone though an "average" day of voice calls, network and cellular surfing, playing music, any number of apps being run, and perhaps a few YouTube videos. By the end of the day, the low power warning is either blinking or given up altogether, but by then I am home and the phone is more or less docked or corded for the night. Remember that this kind of usage is *opposite* the manufacturer's suggested application and your mileage may vary, not to mention probably being contrary to it's warranty. For me, I have no problem with that because a year after having purchased the iPhone 4, it's internal battery is still capable of delivering a charge time comparable to when it was brand new.

sherifftruman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherifftruman
janiscor wrote:Curious, is this something that you would advise I always leave on, or something that I can just use when I have a 15 to 16 hour work day?
Also does it make sense to charge it separate from the phone? Is that even possible?
Is taking it on and off detrimental to the case or phone, if I do it carefully? I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything that will harm either.

I got one also a couple months ago and I just use it when I know I'll be away from a charge connection for a long time. I have also been worried about damage but after maybe 10 on/off cycles it seems that as long as you are carefull it's not a problem. Switching every day could be though.

It's nice to be able to be gone all day and still be almost fully charged that night though and my phone has a couple of jailbreak apps that use more battery.

janiscor

sherifftruman wrote:I got one also a couple months ago and I just use it when I know I'll be away from a charge connection for a long time. I have also been worried about damage but after maybe 10 on/off cycles it seems that as long as you are carefull it's not a problem. Switching every day could be though.

Thank you, I think you've helped me make my decision. And now I'm off to buy today's Woot!
It's nice to be able to be gone all day and still be almost fully charged that night though and my phone has a couple of jailbreak apps that use more battery.

janiscor

janiscor wrote:

Thank you, I think you've helped me make my decision. And now I'm off to buy today's Woot!

jonl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonl
Jefiner wrote:Can you use this with a Touch? Clearly, it's thicker, but will the interface charge the battery in a touch?

I allow my kids to use it on their iTouches. Yes.

needa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages needa
Boxymoron wrote:Now, if they would make this item for Androids, that would be amazing.

they do make it for 'androids' its called a bigger battery and a bigger back to snap in. making it more streamlined and lighter than building it all into a bulky case.

needa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages needa
djcubinlinx wrote:If they did, it would be the size of a tablet. It would be too big to put to your ear!

there is a troll in every bunch

galaxiequest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galaxiequest

Great deal. I bought a Boost case for $46 and it was a bargain. This case looks identical and according to research is made by the same company. The only thing is Boost has great customer service and lifetime guarantee. My case works great and really boosts signal as well as battery life on my 4s. Anyway I'm in for two of these for presents.

livinginoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livinginoz
OneThunder wrote:I have the Otterbox and although I'm pleased with it as a protective case, not being able to 'dock' it without removing the case is a serious drawback to me.

i too have an otterbox case and found it unusable with my clock radio because of the depth of the case. however, on ebay i found a dock extender, which looks like a charger without the cord. using it i can use my radio to charge. it's great and not very expensive.

i see they are also on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Extender-30-Pin-Converter-iPhone/dp/B007KWXHCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341149387&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+dock+extender

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

I just ordered a Mophie from Ebay. I think they're so much better.

showcaller

quality posts: 34 Private Messages showcaller

For $19.95 it is too good to pass up. Though I have never run my battery all the way down on my iPhone 4 I have come close enough times to make this worthwhile. I do wonder how easy it is to put on and take off if I want to use it discriminately or does it make more sense in all likelihood to just leave it on an forget about it. I am assuming it only charges when connected to the phone so to have it standing by charged probably isn't an option unless of course it holds a charge for awhile. (Am I over thinking this?)

Anyway since it is going to be awhile before I eventually bump up to what will probably be the iPhone 5, this is worth it even if it doesn't work on the next generation.

Tesseract

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tesseract

alas, no dock cable passthrough though which means I’d have to take it out of this case everytime I got into the car to play through the stereo. So it’s a no go this time.