robgendreau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robgendreau
cengland0 wrote:Then show us another company that sells a double sided scanner for a better price.

Challenge accepted:

Canon ImageFormula P-150; $270 or so at Amazon.

Not a refurb; well-established company with great support; fine software; TWAIN compliant. Works off USB and software is included in the scanner, so you can use it with any PC. You don't even need an AC adapter so it's super portable. Scans both sides, great quality. One year warranty. 15 ppm, as I recall. De-skews nicely.

You can pretty much scan into any TWAIN application you like; I use Yep on the Mac.

4+ rating on Amazon.

I've got the Mac version, and it rocks.

So, yeah better in most every way for same price.

alfredpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredpost
robgendreau wrote:Challenge accepted:

Yep agreed its far too expensive. $180 would be my trigger point.

bluetide

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluetide

any comparison of this with fujitsu scansnap s1300i the new one? Its little more than this for $300!

Bandrik

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Bandrik
CelticHarp wrote:Could you please elaborate a little more as to how and why you use the three different scanners?

The other respondents did a great job answer your question. I can only echo their response.

The software is the same, regardless of which Neat scanner you get (mobile or desktop).

I use 4 scanners as they all have their own niche. It's like having 4 types of pliers (standard, needle-nose, etc). I also have 4 because I have declared full-on war against paper clutter.

Neat Desktop: for receipts to use with Neat software
Neat Mobile: for taking with me
ScanSnap: to make general PDF files (faster, better than Neat desktop scanner)
Flatbed: for photos and when highest quality is needed

stepwork1212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stepwork1212

I have this model and it doesn't work nearly as well as I thought it would. I was wondering if anyone could suggest something different.

Check out the good deals I found at here

cengland0

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cengland0
robgendreau wrote:Challenge accepted:

Not a refurb; well-established company with great support; fine software; TWAIN compliant. Works off USB and software is included in the scanner, so you can use it with any PC. You don't even need an AC adapter so it's super portable. Scans both sides, great quality. One year warranty. 15 ppm, as I recall. De-skews nicely.

You can pretty much scan into any TWAIN application you like; I use Yep on the Mac.

4+ rating on Amazon.

I've got the Mac version, and it rocks.

I would say that scanner is more like the portable version of the Neat scanner. The oen called Neat Receipts:

http://www.amazon.com/NeatReceipts-Mobile-Scanner-Digital-Filing/dp/B001CQFRPO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341476452&sr=1-2&keywords=neat

You can get that one for around $150 too.

athena1955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages athena1955

How long does it usually take for these deals to ship? I purchased the NeatDesk on 7/4 and it still hasn't shipped. Is this normal shipping time for a woot!deal? I am a first time buyer.

rnatalie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages rnatalie

I got mine a couple of days ago. The bad news is that it is DOA. The thing yields an error and blinking red lights after any scan (diagnostics and calibrate work fine). Customer support is apparently non existent. I hope this isn't like the god awful Memory Foam mattress and another waste of $250.

Certified Wine Geek

qegro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qegro
rnatalie wrote:I got mine a couple of days ago. The bad news is that it is DOA. The thing yields an error and blinking red lights after any scan (diagnostics and calibrate work fine). Customer support is apparently non existent. I hope this isn't like the god awful Memory Foam mattress and another waste of $250.

The same thing here. I knew I shouldnt have broken my rule of "Never buy refurbished electronics!" They never test/fix these things. I've been burned by woot a number of times, and this is another situation. These deal-a-day sites are turning into crap. They start off giving good deals. Once they get a following, they start dishing out the crap.
1. Im glad I didnt waste any money on the portable air conditioners.
2. I think Im done with woot now.