0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
LG 3D 1080P 120Hz LED TV with Smart TV
$899.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh

Very clean looking TV, really thin, but... smart too? 47" and 55" available.

Gortizjr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gortizjr

Somebody give me a reason NOT to buy this TV?!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Gortizjr wrote:Somebody give me a reason NOT to buy this TV?!

you're too tall?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

For those struggling with the prices,

55" $899.99
47" $649.99

When you select one of the sizes, the price shows beside the selection.

And yes, we've done this before with the artificial bushes and memory foam mattresses.

Now, go forth and buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Throw in some Dramamine and you might have a deal. I played my nintendo 3DS and ended up turning the 3D to about 15% after 10 minutes of playing.

Also, is 3D tv really even that grand? It can't really be that great can it?

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

Does this TV come with 3D glasses?

foxychicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foxychicken

my friend has this tv (55inch). it's really good and the 3d really pops. also you can use the 3d glasses you get at movie theaters so you never run out of glasses for friends.

RichnPlenty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichnPlenty

Just to check... it is Wifi Ready, but the adapter is included? Therefore, no other adapter card is needed.

Wi-Fi® Ready: Yes (Adapter Included)

trojanusc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojanusc

This was enough to scare me off a bit - the review by Niuvaca - http://www.amazon.com/LG-Infinia-47LW5600-47-Inch-LED-LCD/product-reviews/B004OOTRPC/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

ThunderThighs

Staff

zener wrote:Does this TV come with 3D glasses?

Yup:

Comes with 2 pairs of LG Passive Cinema3D glasses (no power required)

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Plasmas are cheaper with much better image quality, more realistic film playback, better blacks, better viewing angles and so on. As far as LCD tech goes, 120hz theoretically should mean smoother 24P playback (since it divides evenly into 120 and not 60), but poor implementations mean that's not always the case -- and the "smooth motion" interpolation crap is horrendous. Other than high-end local dimming displays, LED backlighting generally yields inferior consistency and color accuracy as a tradeoff for that bit of extra thinness and energy savings vs traditional CCFLs. Also 3D is a stupid gimmick from the 1950s that seriously needs to go away.

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty
foxychicken wrote:my friend has this tv (55inch). it's really good and the 3d really pops. also you can use the 3d glasses you get at movie theaters so you never run out of glasses for friends.

So you're stealing from movie theaters now?

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

For those not aware, passive 3d technology reduces the number of horizontal lines that each eye can see by half, so instead of 1080, each eye can only see 540 lines. Is it noticeable? Yes. Is the picture different than active shutter technology? Yes, the picture is much brighter, but lower resolution. Are passive 3d glasses cheaper than active 3d glasses? Yes. Is it worth it? That depends entirely on you and your preference!

thesuppishwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesuppishwoot

Oh it can. I have the newer model (47LM7600) and the 3D is SO AWESOME. Not to mention that it doesn't give me a constant headache like Active Shutter does. Downside to this model is that the contrast ratio is only 7mil, and the refresh rate is only 120Hz. But 55" for $900? Not too shabby.

(And I know, Passive 3D isn't "true 1080p", but honestly, I'm a resolution and pixel density snob, and all 3D movies I've watched on it thus far have looked extremely crisp.)

majorwest

quality posts: 13 Private Messages majorwest

Difference between LW5700 and LW5600: LW5700 doesn't have local dimming.

Also, does this even have a remote? Under specs, this:

In the Box:
• (1) LG 3D LED SmartTV (choose 47" or 55")
• (2) Pairs of Passive 3D Glasses
• (1) Wi-Fi Adaptor for Wireless Connectivity

Where's the remote???

[MOD: It was accidentally omitted from the list. It's been added. Thanks! (TT)]

ThunderThighs

Staff

mwinkykitty wrote:So you're stealing from movie theaters now?

I'm not condoning the practice but they do charge you extra and they only say "Please Recycle". If they really wanted them back, they'd stop you at the exit to retrieve them. IMHO

FORUM MODERATOR

odysseus1001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages odysseus1001
grassynoel wrote:Yeah? How are people finding reviews w/o model numbers?

Model numbers are 55LW5700 and 47LW5700. I didn't see any Amazon reviews on this specific model, but there are costco reviews on at least the 55 inch and they're glowing. of course, they won't reflect the quality of the refurbishment.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

None. Sweet deal. Which size are you going for?

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

Click I want one and it gives you the model number, I have the 42' led lg 3d and absolutely love it

mnkycmkydu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnkycmkydu
trojanusc wrote:This was enough to scare me off a bit - the review by Niuvaca - http://www.amazon.com/LG-Infinia-47LW5600-47-Inch-LED-LCD/product-reviews/B004OOTRPC/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

Whoa, there are so many 1 star reviews on this thing, it's enough to make me steer clear of any LG tv!

I'm wondering about plasmas these days but still worry about image retention. Is this still a problem for modern plasma sets? The highest tier plasma last year from Panasonic (tv of the year) still has image retention issues

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1

If you sell a kit that will cover all the walls, ceiling and floor in 3D televisions and it comes with a comfortable padded gyroscope style motion chair( For that total 360 degree rotation) with built in Bose surround sound speakers and some Purple haze. I'm in for at least 1. Also with a Square Trade warranty. That's a plus. No refurbs please.

ThunderThighs

Staff

About SquareTrade

We can't send you automatically to SquareTrade when there's two different price options. Please feel free to visit them on your own for pricing. There's no difference in the price this way. The link was a convenience.

SquareTrade

ALSO, the model numbers have been added on the Size drop down box and Specs tab (In the box):

47" Model # 47LW5700
55" Model # 55LW5700

ALSO ALSO: There is a remote. It has been added to the list "In the Box".

FORUM MODERATOR

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

Would buy in a heart beat. Great Deal esp on the 55 inch, don't have the cash laying around (: . I would also go with the square trade warranty. 99 bucks for 3 years is a steal and they replace it if it can't be fixed or give you your money back

Bacondoggy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bacondoggy
grassynoel wrote:Please post some links to cheaper 55" plasmas.

Thanks in advance!

Just go on ebay. Here is one of the best plasma's around (the Viera's - I like Samsung for LED LCD's) buy it now for $850. And this was just without searching for a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Viera-TC-P55GT30-55-Full-3D-1080p-HD-Plasma-Internet-TV-/261058594608?pt=Televisions&hash=item3cc84e0730#ht_500wt_1033

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

I have this tv and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! Colors look great, and 3D blurays look amazing. The passive 3d glasses are comfortable and cheap to replace! The real3d glasses you get at the theatres work with this tv as well. I really cant say anything bad about this tv! At this price its a steal!

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

heartburnkid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages heartburnkid
mwinkykitty wrote:So you're stealing from movie theaters now?

That's a silly thing to say. They give you the glasses when you pay for the ticket, and they don't ask for them back. That's like saying you steal bags from the grocery store.

otherhand

quality posts: 4 Private Messages otherhand

I bought the 55" version of this TV 8 months ago for $1,400 and it's been absolutely worth it. The basic picture is excellent, sharp and very bright. The screen has a matte finish which makes it good for bright rooms where there might be reflections off the screen.

The TV has a couple of built in speakers that do a perfectly adequate job if you're not too picky. Certainly not as good as a powered audio surround setup, but it works OK.

Lots of HDMI inputs, and it can play almost anything directly off a USB stick or USB hard drive. It can be a little persnickety about what sort of USB hard drive it likes though.

It has Internet connectivity either through WiFi or cable. I found the WiFi a little stuttery for streaming HD, so I did the CAT 5 cable. It's rock solid. It can access media collections on your network, although their version of the Plex server is buggy.

Its built in web browser is sorta sucktastic, but it is theoretically possible to surf the web with the thing. But you won't like it.

Although when I got it I didn't care about the 3D aspect, I eventually picked up a few 3D blurays (Hugo, Cars2, etc). It was a pretty WOW experience. A very nice 3D effect, and using passive glasses (These are inexpensive and additional pairs are available a lot of places). The TV also has the ability to covert regular 2D into 3D and does an OK job at it. But I think that's a bit of a gimmick.

The style of the TV is very slim and sleek looking. It's pretty lightweight too.

There is a link to a huge thread on the merits of this TV below. It's actually for a slightly different model with a few more features (LW5600), but they are almost identical. Later in the thread, there are hacking instructions to open up some of the additional, hidden features of this unit:

LW5600 on AVS forum

Anyway, it's a great TV, and if I didn't already have one, I'd fall all over this!

ienvyno1

Snap !!! Was that a 3 year Square Trade warranty for only $90? I thought it was only for a year. Hell yeah.. Must have that.

kubiak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kubiak

I want these TVs! Hopefully the will come back in a couple weeks or so. (Stupid mortgage!)

ThunderThighs

Staff

grassynoel wrote:Please post some links to cheaper 55" plasmas.

Thanks in advance!

It would be better to post those on deals.woot so people can talk about this TV here.

Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR

BIGsinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BIGsinner
thesuppishwoot wrote:Oh it can. I have the newer model (47LM7600) and the 3D is SO AWESOME. Not to mention that it doesn't give me a constant headache like Active Shutter does. Downside to this model is that the contrast ratio is only 7mil, and the refresh rate is only 120Hz. But 55" for $900? Not too shabby.

(And I know, Passive 3D isn't "true 1080p", but honestly, I'm a resolution and pixel density snob, and all 3D movies I've watched on it thus far have looked extremely crisp.)

I agree the LM7600 series is amazing, (I have the 55") but this is a different series, a discontinued one from LG at that. Not all 1080p's LEDs are created equal. This tv shows a good picture, but I don't think it will be as "crisp" as the top LG models you see at the electronics stores.However, I think it's a fair price for a discontinued refurbished tv.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
mnkycmkydu wrote:Whoa, there are so many 1 star reviews on this thing, it's enough to make me steer clear of any LG tv!

18 of the 428 reviews are 1 star-reviews. That's a little over 4%. 69% of the reviews give it a 5-star rating, and 86% gave it at least a 4-star rating. That should make you flock to LG TVs, not steer clear of them.

KidA0723

thesuppishwoot wrote:

I agree with this.

ienvyno1

heartburnkid wrote:That's a silly thing to say. They give you the glasses when you pay for the ticket, and they don't ask for them back. That's like saying you steal bags from the grocery store.

Now that's funny !! But you better buy at least a piece of gum before you grab those bags.

draigun

quality posts: 23 Private Messages draigun

I have the non Wi-Fi 55" version of this and I love it. The 2D picture on this alone is FANTASTIC. I just consider the 3D as an added bonus, especially considering the passive system which means no need for batteries.

I paid nearly $1300 from Amazon during their Black Friday sale, too. Still worth it!

Stan0050

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stan0050
ienvyno1 wrote:Snap !!! Was that a 3 year Square Trade warranty for only $90? I thought it was only for a year. Hell yeah.. Must have that.

I believe it actually is a 1 year warranty, it just says they offer up to 3 years of coverage (doesnt look like they do on this TV though)

[MOD: You can get the SquareTrade warranty directly from their site. (TT)]

ienvyno1

I swear earlier that it showed that there was a 90 Woot warranty, and not it says it's a 90 day LG warranty and no Square Trade link.

KidA0723

Oh! And this tv also has 2D to 3D upconversion as well, meaning you can watch pretty much anything in 3D. Although it doesnt look as good as something that is formatted in true 3d, its still pretty impressive.