A1CEarl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages A1CEarl
stanleypup wrote:I'm so unbelievably pissed right now. There are at least 5 noticeably visible goofball sized debts on the back, parts were missing, including screws to mount in on the stand.

But the real kicker is that dark spots would be the least of my problem. Half of the damn screen doesn't display the image but weird lines and colors. The kind of thing you see when a laptop screen goes bad, at least that's the only time I have seen this before.

I have no doubt that this was most likely caused by the poor shipping and packaging. I spent all day yesterday prepping my room, putting together a new tv stand and unhooking my old tv. I had to take off part of the day today to go pick the damn thing up bc SEKO was so difficult to schedule a delivery time, and now this.

Obviously this thing needs to go back, but I'll be damned if I'm going to take more time off of work to ship this thing.

I'll be contacting woot through email tonight. I'm not sure what they can do to make this right. But I have to say, as a first time Woot visitor, this has been just aboutthe worst experience I have had with any major electronic purchase. Lesson learned I guess.

Don't let this deter you from buying things from Woot. This is the second TV I've bought from them and I've also bought a bunch of other stuff and this is NOT a common thing. Even though it was the vendor and the shippers fault Woot is even still willing to step up and provide the refunds even though I think we can all agree most, if not all, damage was from horrific shipping. Also, if you don't mind the marks on the back. LG should fix the screen for you under warranty, and the vendor is being good about shipping anything that was missed in packaging out just by calling them. The Woot rep will probably give you all of that contact information when they respond to your email. Again, this is not a normal thing for Woot. You just came on a bad day lol.

stanleypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanleypup
A1CEarl wrote:Don't let this deter you from buying things from Woot. This is the second TV I've bought from them and I've also bought a bunch of other stuff and this is NOT a common thing. Even though it was the vendor and the shippers fault Woot is even still willing to step up and provide the refunds even though I think we can all agree most, if not all, damage was from horrific shipping. Also, if you don't mind the marks on the back. LG should fix the screen for you under warranty, and the vendor is being good about shipping anything that was missed in packaging out just by calling them. The Woot rep will probably give you all of that contact information when they respond to your email. Again, this is not a normal thing for Woot. You just came on a bad day lol.

Thanks. I hope you are right. But I can't help but be soured on this whole experience right now. I know Woot didn't package and ship these things but ultimately the buck stops with them. It is their job to vett this stuff better and make sure the "deal" isn't a scam, which at this point, is exactly what his is feeling like.

There is no way I am keeping this tv. Honestly, why take a chance in such an expensive item that was clearly mistreated during shipping. And guess what, if the vendor who packaged and shipped these things cared so little about them, what does that say for the "refurbishing" process or how it was handled pre-shipping? For all I know this thing never worked and was shipped the way it was to try and shift the burden of a lemon onto the shipping company. Ridiculous.

The bottom line is, if Woot wants to keep me as a customer, they have some work to do. By that I mean, they need to find a way either replace the tv with a working model or return my money and send someone out to pick this thing up. Anything else (I.e. having me take time to ship it, or having me do a run around with LG) would be unacceptable at this point.

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234

Alas, I had high hopes that my TV would arrive intact, but reality hit. The delivery guy told me that the packing was absolutely awful and that I should check it. I took a quick peek into the box and removed the floating pieces, and everything seemed OK, so I told him he could leave, and that I would get a return label if there were any problems after a power up.

I didn't notice that the corner of the LCD panel was completely smashed until I got the entire TV out of the box. The entire bottom of the panel was also completely separated from the frame.

Here are the rest of the images in their epic glory: http://imgur.com/a/xkalu#0

At this point, I'm not even angry, I just think the whole thing is ridiculously silly. This TV is extremely thin for its size and is obviously fragile. Even so, just an extra $2-5 worth of effort in proper packaging would have saved a lot of headaches for everyone involved. I don't know how much the company refurbishing these units is spending per TV, but it was just wasted due to saving a couple bucks in packing material and labor.

Now, let's be completely honest, even though Woot doesn't have control over everything, this was an epic fail on their part. I have spent thousands of dollars on this site, and if this isn't resolved properly, that's it for me.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mb93234 wrote:Alas, I had high hopes that my TV would arrive intact, but reality hit. The delivery guy told me that the packing was absolutely awful and that I should check it. I took a quick peek into the box and removed the floating pieces, and everything seemed OK, so I told him he could leave, and that I would get a return label if there were any problems after a power up.

I didn't notice that the entire bottom corner of the panel was completely smashed until I got the entire TV out of the box. The entire bottom of the LCD panel was also completely separated from the frame. Here are the pictures in all their epic glory:

http://imgur.com/a/xkalu#0

At this point, I'm not even angry, I just think the whole thing is ridiculously silly. This TV is extremely thin for its size and is obviously fragile. Even so, just an extra $2-5 worth of effort in proper packaging would have saved a lot of headaches for everyone involved. I don't know how much the company refurbishing these units is spending per TV, but it was just wasted due to saving a couple bucks in packing material and labor.

Now, let's be completely honest, even though Woot doesn't have control of everything, this was an epic fail on their part. I have spent thousands of dollars on this site, and if this isn't resolved properly, that's it for me.

Yikes! We hope you've mailed in to service@woot.com We've given them a heads up on your post.

I'm just hanging out, really.

drhall2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drhall2

According to the Seko site, estimated delivery date for my tv was yesterday. I called just to check, see what the status is. They're not here in Charlotte yet. Just can't believe that they actually shipped these from Texas to California, only to then ship them all the way back across the country to North Carolina. They didn't have a date for me... Maybe today, or tomorrow???

behelpful

quality posts: 0 Private Messages behelpful
drhall2 wrote:According to the Seko site, estimated delivery date for my tv was yesterday. I called just to check, see what the status is. They're not here in Charlotte yet. Just can't believe that they actually shipped these from Texas to California, only to then ship them all the way back across the country to North Carolina. They didn't have a date for me... Maybe today, or tomorrow???

You may want to call them. I am in Charlotte and when I called today they said it was missing and that they would have to make a claim.

drhall2

behelpful wrote:You may want to call them. I am in Charlotte and when I called today they said it was missing and that they would have to make a claim.

Hmmm, I called late yesterday afternoon and was just told that they weren't here yet. Maybe they just didn't want to tell me that they were missing, or hadn't confirmed it yet. They left me on hold for several minutes while they checked on the status. I'll call again and give an update. Thanks for the tip!

stanleypup

Update time: I received a response from Woot. They are refunding my money and said they will arranged to have the tv picked up. I am glad they are being so prompt and responsive with this matter. So I do want to give them credit for that.

Some thoughts about this whole fiasco. I am really beginning to think that we (and woot?) got scammed. No refurbishing company in their right mind would ship televisions that are this expensive in such a shoddy manner. Unless of course they wanted to unload some "lemons" and try and shift the blame for damaged and malfunctioning equipment. I know it is just speculation, but what else makes sense?

Also, am I way off base thinking that just refunding and picking the tv up is not a satisfactory resolution? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Woot is standing behind their sales. Yet, I've spent a lot of time and money in expectation of this tv arriving. I purchased a new tv stand (my old tv is rpt), purchased various other accessories, spent all day Sunday rearranging my tv room in prpeeration for this tv, and part of the day Monday spent picking it up.

I know the purchases were my choice, as well as the time spent rearranging my room. I consider it a lesson learned. Yet I don't think expecting a working television and wanting to be prepared for its arrival is unreasonable.

The bottom line is, after 2 weeks I am left with no tv, 250 dollars in furniture and accessories I can't currently use, and now I have to spend another weekend day rearranging my tv room back to the way it was. I guess I am hoping that Woot won't just take the tv back, return my money, and say "oops, our bad, sorry we wasted all your time and you spent all that money getting ready for your new tv"!

What do others think? Am I way off base here?

wootaloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootaloo

I'm used to the lengthy delivery times with Woot, but packaging is usually top notch. For this one, there was very shoddy packaging, but I appear to have lucked out. Only scratches I noticed were on the stand, and I don't intend to use that. Quick check of the picture and sound was alright, but a more detailed exam will have to wait.

Not at all impressed with Seko. Scheduled delivery was initially listed as 7/23 for the past week, then changed to 7/24 on the morning of 7/23, and then again in the afternoon to 7/25 along with a note that a message was left for the customer (except that no message was actually left). I called in on my own and was able to schedule the delivery, but was only given a delivery window of 10am - 4pm! Luckily for me, I'm able to work from home on occasion, and I just received the package at around 11am. As I was unpacking, I get a call from Seko, first asking for the wrong person, then once they figured out who they'd actually dialed, they asked to schedule my delivery - I had to inform them that the package had already been delivered. I definitely won't be voting for them to get any logistics awards ...

mb93234

inkycatz wrote:Yikes! We hope you've mailed in to service@woot.com We've given them a heads up on your post.

The message has been sent. I forgot to ask in the e-mail, but should I also send back the remote, wi-fi dongle and glasses? Given some of the posts here, I'm afraid that the replacement (if I ever get one), won't have those parts. They seem to have survived very well considering.

mb93234

stanleypup wrote:Update time: I received a response from Woot. They are refunding my money and said they will arranged to have the tv picked up. I am glad they are being so prompt and responsive with this matter. So I do want to give them credit for that.

Some thoughts about this whole fiasco. I am really beginning to think that we (and woot?) got scammed. No refurbishing company in their right mind would ship televisions that are this expensive in such a shoddy manner. Unless of course they wanted to unload some "lemons" and try and shift the blame for damaged and malfunctioning equipment. I know it is just speculation, but what else makes sense?

Also, am I way off base thinking that just refunding and picking the tv up is not a satisfactory resolution? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Woot is standing behind their sales. Yet, I've spent a lot of time and money in expectation of this tv arriving. I purchased a new tv stand (my old tv is rpt), purchased various other accessories, spent all day Sunday rearranging my tv room in prpeeration for this tv, and part of the day Monday spent picking it up.

I know the purchases were my choice, as well as the time spent rearranging my room. I consider it a lesson learned. Yet I don't think expecting a working television and wanting to be prepared for its arrival is unreasonable.

The bottom line is, after 2 weeks I am left with no tv, 250 dollars in furniture and accessories I can't currently use, and now I have to spend another weekend day rearranging my tv room back to the way it was. I guess I am hoping that Woot won't just take the tv back, return my money, and say "oops, our bad, sorry we wasted all your time and you spent all that money getting ready for your new tv"!

What do others think? Am I way off base here?

No, I don't think you're off base at all, and I expressed similar thoughts in a detailed e-mail that I asked to be sent to a manager. I honestly don't know what Woot should do at this point, beyond just refunding the money. If that's as far as they go, we the customers are still in the hole. I haven't spent this much time and effort on a purchase in a very long time and honestly, it's not really worth the supposed savings. After this experience, Woot is going to have to go above and beyond to regain my trust.

thedetox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedetox
drhall2 wrote:Hmmm, I called late yesterday afternoon and was just told that they weren't here yet. Maybe they just didn't want to tell me that they were missing, or hadn't confirmed it yet. They left me on hold for several minutes while they checked on the status. I'll call again and give an update. Thanks for the tip!

I'm in Charlotte too. I called and they said the truck arrived late last night and they are still unpacking/checking. They said I should expect a call later today or tomorrow morning, and if I don't hear back by noon tomorrow, to give them a call directly. Charlotte Office Number: 704-423-0111.

davidvossel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidvossel

My 55in arrived a few hours ago. The packaging was hilariously bad. It was basically a giant cardboard box with a loose tv in it. I can see where they tried to put some cardboard on the edges of the tv, but it wasn't in place when I got it. All they had to do was put some tape on those edge pieces to hold it to the tv... wow.

Somehow, despite the packaging I pulled out the TV and its not in bad shape. It appears to work fine. I could not see any dark spots or anything, and the sound works. The picture actually looks awesome. Maybe I got lucky. I'll do a more detailed look over it tonight. Hopefully I don't run into anything.

If anyone finds anything wrong with theirs that may not be obvious on initial inspection, please post what you find. The whole situation around these TVs still makes me nervous.

sdodev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdodev

Ordered on the 10th, no status updates, no tracking number associated with any delivery service I can find, lack of responses from staff.

The comments so far do not have me very optimistic. If I refuse to sign for shipping because of box damage, what happens then?

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:No, I don't think you're off base at all, and I expressed similar thoughts in a detailed e-mail that I asked to be sent to a manager. I honestly don't know what Woot should do at this point, beyond just refunding the money. If that's as far as they go, we the customers are still in the hole. I haven't spent this much time and effort on a purchase in a very long time and honestly, it's not really worth the supposed savings. After this experience, Woot is going to have to go above and beyond to regain my trust.

Thanks, I didn't think I was being unreasonable. I'm trying to be rational and not let my disappointment influence my thoughts. But the reality is, I have been seriously inconvenienced, both in terms of time and money. Oh well, so far I will give Woot credit, they are trying to do the right thing. I hope that they will try and resolve this fairly for those of us who were not so lucky.

For those that got the tvs, I highly recommend getting some form of extended warranty. With devices like this, I would be really worried that while it works fine now, down the road there may be some problems. These tvs just were not made to be knocked around the way they were in shipping.

drhall2

thedetox wrote:I'm in Charlotte too. I called and they said the truck arrived late last night and they are still unpacking/checking. They said I should expect a call later today or tomorrow morning, and if I don't hear back by noon tomorrow, to give them a call directly. Charlotte Office Number: 704-423-0111.

Thanks thedetox. Just got off the phone with Seko (704-423-0111). Was told that the tvs won't be here in Charlotte until tomorrow. Said that they'd call me then. Conflicting stories...

susanljo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanljo

I am in the DC metro area and I got a call that they want to come tomorrow. I have decided not to keep this purchase based on all the negative reviews of the packaging. I was planning on calling them back and refusing shipment. I don't want to make a special trip home during the day just to refuse. I'm sure the packing will be terrible as all the ones in this shipment have been. I sent an e-mail to Woot letting them know. I just want to make sure I get a refund.

wootaloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootaloo
sdodev wrote:Ordered on the 10th, no status updates, no tracking number associated with any delivery service I can find, lack of responses from staff.

The comments so far do not have me very optimistic. If I refuse to sign for shipping because of box damage, what happens then?

Do you have a tracking number? If so, then go to the Seko tracking page:

http://www.sekologistics.com/home/track.aspx

Usually the tracking numbers go straight to the appropriate shipper's tracking page, but it seems it wasn't set up for Seko.

dariusfresh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dariusfresh

I got mine in yesterday. Packing wasn't as beat up as other peoples' were, but it was still obviously bouncing around in there. I almost feel bullied into buying the extended warranty. I just got lucky because the stand is the only thing that got scratched up, because it was just bouncing around loose in the box. I wonder if I'd get anywhere with asking for a replacement stand?

All that being said, and luck aside, I'm done buying anything of value from woot

davidvossel

dariusfresh wrote:I got mine in yesterday. Packing wasn't as beat up as other peoples' were, but it was still obviously bouncing around in there. I almost feel bullied into buying the extended warranty.

Same here. It would be nice if woot would step up and provide an extended warranty for those who keep the TV given the circumstances.

humptyhump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humptyhump
dariusfresh wrote:I got mine in yesterday. Packing wasn't as beat up as other peoples' were, but it was still obviously bouncing around in there. I almost feel bullied into buying the extended warranty. I just got lucky because the stand is the only thing that got scratched up, because it was just bouncing around loose in the box. I wonder if I'd get anywhere with asking for a replacement stand?

All that being said, and luck aside, I'm done buying anything of value from woot

Mine may/may not come today, Seko has not exactly been willing to commit. I probably took the afternoon off for nothing.

They did say my box looks excellent (the one right next to it apparently had a large hole) and I shouldn't worry (worried regardless). Literally the only solace I've been able to muster thru this fiasco.

In the event this TV is okay I feel bullied as well. Regardless, no more big ticket purchases again for me.

tking24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tking24
tking24 wrote:my screen was messed up too. woot told me to contact lg first and then, if i wasn't happy with the service from the 90 day warranty, woot would issue a prepaid return label for me to return the tv.

when i contacted lg, they told me to fill out the service request form and send it in, and they would try to find me a replacement. if there wasn't one in stock, they told me i could wait until there was.

even though i'm not stoked about the way the tv came in the box and the fact that the picture is screwed up, i feel good about the way that both companies have handled the issues so far.

update: marsha at lg called me today. she is sending a new tv to me with info and a prepaid shipping label to send back the one with the spots on the screen. hopefully this one is packed a little better...

i'll let y'all know how i feel about the new one. definitely a hassle, but i would imagine if those of you that are experiencing the same problems contact lg, you'll get the same result: marsha.blankenship@lge.com.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

My 47" works wonderfully and I see no cosmetic damage. The package wasn't packed full of cushion, but it did have four huge corner cushions that kept it in place. It seems that there are various warehouses these came from, some of us are luckier than others

sirgreig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirgreig
tking24 wrote:update: marsha at lg called me today. she is sending a new tv to me with info and a prepaid shipping label to send back the one with the spots on the screen. hopefully this one is packed a little better...

i'll let y'all know how i feel about the new one. definitely a hassle, but i would imagine if those of you that are experiencing the same problems contact lg, you'll get the same result: marsha.blankenship@lge.com.

It's good to know I am not alone. TV arrived today and I was absolutely disgusted with the packaging. All 4 corners of the TV are scuffed. I'll know tonight whether there are any problems with the actual screen. Going to test the hell out of it because of all the problems I am seeing here. Not a single piece of foam or bubble wrap. Hell, I'd take some newspaper over the thin cardboard and air space they used to "protect" the TV. Really pissed. Someone should lose their job over this. No joke!!

mb93234

tking24 wrote:update: marsha at lg called me today. she is sending a new tv to me with info and a prepaid shipping label to send back the one with the spots on the screen. hopefully this one is packed a little better...

So Woot staff, what should we do about our broken TVs? I already contacted Woot customer service almost 4 hours ago, with no response. Should I also be contacting Marsha at LG in the meantime?

It sounds like if I go through Woot, I'm just going to get a refund, but if I go through LG, I will possibly get a replacement that may or may not be damaged. To add to the confusion, the LG warranty attached to the TV specifically states that it does not cover damage from shipping. The buck needs to stop somewhere, so who is going to fix these problems? Woot, LG or both?

beltontj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beltontj

Just had mine delivered by Landair express. The box was in horrible condition. I could see it flopping around loosely when he took it out of the truck. Opened the box and there was nothing holding the tv in place at all. The stand was loose from the tv and the remote and glasses were thrown in without any wrapping.
The tv has a few scratched in the edges through the paint to the bare metal.
I'll see what the screen looks like when I hook it up.
The condition of the shipping makes me wonder how long the tv will hold up and if I should even keep it.

mb93234

mb93234 wrote:So Woot staff, what should we do about our broken TVs? I already contacted Woot customer service almost 4 hours ago, with no response. Should I also be contacting Marsha at LG in the meantime?

It sounds like if I go through Woot, I'm just going to get a refund, but if I go through LG, I will possibly get a replacement that may or may not be damaged. To add to the confusion, the LG warranty attached to the TV specifically states that it does not cover damage from shipping. The buck needs to stop somewhere, so who is going to fix these problems? Woot, LG or both?

Here's the response from customer service in case anyone is interested:

We are very sorry about the condition of your order. We should have a limited number of replacements in our warehouse for this item, so we can attempt to request a replacement order if you would prefer. However, we cannot guarantee that the replacement will be packaged any differently than the original unit was. If you would still like to try for a replacement, we can submit the request to our warehouse and start the process. Otherwise, we can just contact our carrier and have them pick up the original order and return it back to us for a full refund.

humptyhump

So it's either re-fund or re-peat, tough choice=)

Well, my TV is still sitting in Nashville. Seko neither called today to schedule an appt. or returned my call.

This deal just gets better and better.

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:

Wow, so their replacement is to do the exact same thing? Really?

Someone at Woot needs to get online and contact a seller with these tvs, buy them and have them properly shipped to those of us screwed by this scam.

Anything other than that this point and I'm done with Woot. What a joke.

mb93234

stanleypup wrote:Wow, so their replacement is to do the exact same thing? Really?

Someone at Woot needs to get online and contact a seller with these tvs, buy them and have them properly shipped to those of us screwed by this scam.

Anything other than that this point and I'm done with Woot. What a joke.

Completely agree. Unless the packaging is improved, I don't think I can go through this craziness again.

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:Completely agree. Unless the packaging is improved, I don't think I can go through this craziness again.

Well, I just got a very short email stating that SEKO would contact me about picking the tv up. This is after I spent some time writing a lengthy email about how disappointed and frustrated I am with them. I explained to them everything that I've been saying in here about time and money spent as a result of this purchase, and I get a two line email in response? There wasn't even any details about when my money will be refunded.

I just sent another email, asking for it to be shown to a supervisor. This is unacceptable. As a first time buyer on this site, they had a chance to win over a new loyal customer. So far at least, it appears as if I'm done with them. We shall see if and how they respond to my
latest email.

houstong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houstong

CHECK YOUR TV FOR THE RIGHT MODEL!

Finally got mine today after 14 days and 6 hours of waiting for the 5 hour delivery window, and they sent the WRONG model - a 55LW5300, which is a much different, lower end unit. Noticed when i couldn't find that 4th HDMI. Looks the same from the front, but apparently the 5300 is LCD/LED, no Smart TV, 1 usb, 3 HDMI...

What a nightmare woot. How many others got this and didnt realize it?

Check your model number! Lets see how they decide to fix this mess.

humptyhump

Dining on crow pie tonight. Relatively well packaged, right model, picture looks...well...fantastic. Hoping Woot makes right for all those buggered by this deal.

stanleypup

humptyhump wrote:Dining on crow pie tonight. Relatively well packaged, right model, picture looks...well...fantastic. Hoping Woot makes right for all those buggered by this deal.

I'm glad to hear some people didn't get screwed on this deal. Although, I do have to admit, knowing that I could be sitting and enjoying my new tv right now just stinks.

The more and more I think about it, the only way Woot can make this right for me is to find a working/undamaged tv or equivalent LG model to replace it.

Otherwise I really am up the creek. Out 250 bucks, stuck with the choice of putting my old tv back in and just trying to sell everything I bought for this new tv vs going out and spending even more money on the tv I was supposed to have already.

Balls in their court at this point, I just hope they make it right for those of us that got scammed.

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911
houstong wrote:CHECK YOUR TV FOR THE RIGHT MODEL!

Finally got mine today after 14 days and 6 hours of waiting for the 5 hour delivery window, and they sent the WRONG model - a 55LW5300, which is a much different, lower end unit. Noticed when i couldn't find that 4th HDMI. Looks the same from the front, but apparently the 5300 is LCD/LED, no Smart TV, 1 usb, 3 HDMI...

What a nightmare woot. How many others got this and didnt realize it?

Check your model number! Lets see how they decide to fix this mess.

Wow.. they shipped you a 55LW5300?? Yike..

stanleypup

Unbelievable. Congratulations Woot, you have lost a customer. They just responded that refunding the money and picking up the tv is their only option. They also said I will have to work with SEKO on the pick up time. But here is the real kicker, the keep MY money until 7-10 business days after they receive the tv! Wow...

Here is the email I just sent them:

Again, I find this arrangement absolutely unacceptable. First, I WIlL NOT be taking any more time off work for this fiasco.  When I last dealt with SEKO they were only able to give me a window of 4 hours from 2-6pm. This will NOT work for my work schedule. If they are able to come at a specific time after 5:30, I will be home. Otherwise alternate shipping will have to be arranged. Also, please be advised that they will need to bring a new box to pack the tv in, as the old box is unusable.

More importantly, it is 100% unaccaptable that you will be holding my money for for what could be up to a month. In receiving the tv it took two weeks to ship and now I'll have to wait another 7-10 days? Unacceptable.  I know that your "normal" return rules may stipulate this waiting time, but given the situation, my money should be refunded immediately after SEKO picks up the tv. In fact, this is not an option, either do this or I will be contacting both my credit card to report this scam and the better business bureau.

Finally, refunding and picking up the tv is NOT your only option. A good company that cared about its customers would do everything in their power to try and make things right. That includes attempting to replace the tv with a working unit or an equivalent LG model, even if it is at a loss for the company. You are telling me Woot has no option of doing this?  

The bottom line is you have lost a customer. I will be sharing my story of how this situation was handled with as many people as possible. Again, please make sure the appropriate manager/supervisor is shown this email.

sanderda920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanderda920

So the journey finally ends for me, with a "happy" ending.

Exp. Delivery was 7/23, called them then and they said it would be delivered at noon on 7/24 (yesterday) and gave me the number to the local office. Called them at noon on 7/24 and they said it came in at about 10:30AM, but wouldn't be able to deliver until 7/26 between 3PM and 5PM. Not sure why it takes 2 and a half days to drive it exactly 1.2 miles to my house... so I chose to pick it up.

On picking it up, I got to see the glorious "box" everyone has been talking about. Mine wasn't even a full box. The TV was in a cardboard "crate" (like you see with packs of water bottles), with a cardboard box with no bottom on it over the top. You may ask... how did it stay together? Tape? Great question... the two cardboard pieces were being held together by 2 plastic shipping ties, and nothing else... Guess they ran out of boxes and just moved to whatever was around.

The insides included the following:
TV on stand inside of a bag
Ziploc bag with glasses, remote, and manual
Wifi Adapter

Notice that list does not include ANY packaging... And why not just put the adapter into the bag to keep it from flying around?

To my very happy surprise, the TV actually made it through this whole process unscathed. A few knicks on corners, the wifi adapter was scoffed, but that was it.

Picture is amazing, no dead pixels, no dark spots, set-up was easy. One thing I noticed while tooling around on some video games is response time from moving on my PS3 controller to seeing it happen on the screen. Has anyone else run into this and/or know of a way to fix the lag?

garyw81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garyw81
sanderda920 wrote:So the journey finally ends for me, with a "happy" ending.

Exp. Delivery was 7/23, called them then and they said it would be delivered at noon on 7/24 (yesterday) and gave me the number to the local office. Called them at noon on 7/24 and they said it came in at about 10:30AM, but wouldn't be able to deliver until 7/26 between 3PM and 5PM. Not sure why it takes 2 and a half days to drive it exactly 1.2 miles to my house... so I chose to pick it up.

On picking it up, I got to see the glorious "box" everyone has been talking about. Mine wasn't even a full box. The TV was in a cardboard "crate" (like you see with packs of water bottles), with a cardboard box with no bottom on it over the top. You may ask... how did it stay together? Tape? Great question... the two cardboard pieces were being held together by 2 plastic shipping ties, and nothing else... Guess they ran out of boxes and just moved to whatever was around.

The insides included the following:
TV on stand inside of a bag
Ziploc bag with glasses, remote, and manual
Wifi Adapter

Notice that list does not include ANY packaging... And why not just put the adapter into the bag to keep it from flying around?

To my very happy surprise, the TV actually made it through this whole process unscathed. A few knicks on corners, the wifi adapter was scoffed, but that was it.

Picture is amazing, no dead pixels, no dark spots, set-up was easy. One thing I noticed while tooling around on some video games is response time from moving on my PS3 controller to seeing it happen on the screen. Has anyone else run into this and/or know of a way to fix the lag?

That's great that the tv is in good shape. Still anxious about mine coming tomorrow.

When I was doing random research about the tv it seems like a firmware update should hopefully fix the lag. Not sure what version they may be shipping with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYxGA6GUr5M
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-55LW5700

shawn42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawn42
stanleypup wrote:Unbelievable. Congratulations Woot, you have lost a customer. They just responded that refunding the money and picking up the tv is their only option. They also said I will have to work with SEKO on the pick up time. But here is the real kicker, the keep MY money until 7-10 business days after they receive the tv! Wow...

Here is the email I just sent them:

Again, I find this arrangement absolutely unacceptable. First, I WIlL NOT be taking any more time off work for this fiasco.  When I last dealt with SEKO they were only able to give me a window of 4 hours from 2-6pm. This will NOT work for my work schedule. If they are able to come at a specific time after 5:30, I will be home. Otherwise alternate shipping will have to be arranged. Also, please be advised that they will need to bring a new box to pack the tv in, as the old box is unusable.

More importantly, it is 100% unaccaptable that you will be holding my money for for what could be up to a month. In receiving the tv it took two weeks to ship and now I'll have to wait another 7-10 days? Unacceptable.  I know that your "normal" return rules may stipulate this waiting time, but given the situation, my money should be refunded immediately after SEKO picks up the tv. In fact, this is not an option, either do this or I will be contacting both my credit card to report this scam and the better business bureau.

Finally, refunding and picking up the tv is NOT your only option. A good company that cared about its customers would do everything in their power to try and make things right. That includes attempting to replace the tv with a working unit or an equivalent LG model, even if it is at a loss for the company. You are telling me Woot has no option of doing this?  

The bottom line is you have lost a customer. I will be sharing my story of how this situation was handled with as many people as possible. Again, please make sure the appropriate manager/supervisor is shown this email.

i believe this will go down in the annals of woot history as "the LG 55 inch refurb fiasco". hopefully, it's where woot learns its lesson about properly vetting its suppliers and shippers... at the expense of its customers, unfortunately.

davidvossel

sanderda920 wrote:S

Turn off the true motion stuff in the settings. By default it is off in the "game" video mode. Use that and see if it helps.