Well I received yet another response from Woot about this situation, this one a little more positive, yet still not attempting to do anything to truly resolve the situation. Here is what they said:
"We're again very sorry for the trouble this order has caused you. We have contacted SEKO, and arranged with them for a pickup at your convenience. All that is required is that you contact them, to arrange, a time (whatever time is best and convenient for you). Also, they are aware you wont have a box, and they will re-package the TV once they are able to get it back to their terminal. Once the TV is received back you'll be issued a refund within a few days.
Again, we're very sorry about that"
And here is my reply:
Thank you for this information. I have already contacted SEKO this morning. They were very helpful after I explained the situation. The woman took my information and mentioned that they will work with me in terms of convenient pickup times. She mentioned that they would get back with me. I will try calling again if I do not here from them by tomorrow.
More importantly, waiting for you to receive the tv back at your facility before I receive MY money is neither reasonable nor acceptable. This would mean that I would not get MY money for another 2 weeks (for shipping), plus another 7-10 days after that. I am unwilling to wait close to another month to receive MY money. I think it is more than reasonable for you to refund my money within 1-2 business days after SEKO picks up the package. I am sure you are able to confirm this with them, once they have the tv in their possession. Again, to be clear, I will not wait another 3-4 weeks for my money to be returned. If I do note receive it within 1-2 days after SEKO picks up the tv, I will be filing a claim with both my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. I hope you can understand why I feel so strongly about this matter. I do not think I am asking something that is unreasonable, and I know that Woot would most likely rather not deal with the fraud division of my CC company.
Finally, based on your complete avoidance of the lst issue I raised in my email (i.e. the part about attempting, within reason, to make this situation "right"), I am assuming that Woot has no interest in trying to resolve this satisfactorily. I have seen no attempt by your company to try and satisfy the customers you have wronged. Your lack of an answer to this matter tells me all I need to know about how you treat customers at Woot. At this point, without any efforts on your part to try and correct this situation, I will never be dealing with your company again. And as I stated previously, I will make sure to let anyone I know, through both in person dealings, and through social media, about the negative experience I have had with your company. Furthermore, I also plan on contacting your parent company (who I have spent thousands of dollars with) and making them fully aware of this situation. I feel I have given you ample opportunity to try and resolve this amicably (or at the very least make an effort to explain why no further actions are being taken)."
Am I being unreasonable here? Is it to much to ask that 1.) they don't hold my money hostage for up to 2 months, & 2.) They actually make some kind of effort to make the situation right for those of us wronged by this deal?