stanleypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanleypup
shawn42 wrote:i believe this will go down in the annals of woot history as "the LG 55 inch refurb fiasco". hopefully, it's where woot learns its lesson about properly vetting its suppliers and shippers... at the expense of its customers, unfortunately.

Sadly it seems I have had to learn my lesson the hard way.

I talked with SEKO this morning and the person was very helpful. They had no idea that they were supposed to pick my tv up from me. So, despite Woot telling me yesterday, that they have contacted SEKO about the situation, apparently SEKO was unaware of this information. When she tried to tell me their pick-up "window",I explained to her the whole situation. She was very accommodating and said she would have someone contact Woot and that they will try to work with me on an a pick-up time that is convenient.

I am still waiting to hear back from Woot on whether or not they plan on attempting to resolve this matter any further. Plus, if I don't have my money back the next business day after SEKO picks up the tv,I will be taking action. I refuse to allow them to keep my money, for what may turn out to be close to two months, from beginning to end.

Again, for those of you who received working tvs, based on the shipping, I would not feel comfortable without an extended warranty. In some ways, I am lucky that my issues were at least up front and not somewhere down the road...ugh...what a mess...

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234
shawn42 wrote:i believe this will go down in the annals of woot history as "the LG 55 inch refurb fiasco". hopefully, it's where woot learns its lesson about properly vetting its suppliers and shippers... at the expense of its customers, unfortunately.

From the e-mails I've received and from reading the other responses here, I don't feel that Woot is doing their due diligence. This is not business as usual--it's obvious there were serious supply chain issues with this offer, and I think we all deserve better answers to our questions.

"We have limited control over the packaging" is not the sort of response that I like to hear in this type of situation, and it tells me that nothing is being done to correct the problems people are having. The packaging was completely and utterly bad in every conceivable way.

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:From the e-mails I've received and from reading the other responses here, I don't feel that Woot is doing their due diligence. This is not business as usual--it's obvious there were serious supply chain issues with this offer, and I think we all deserve better answers to our questions.

"We have limited control over the packaging" is not the sort of response that I like to hear in this type of situation, and it tells me that nothing is being done to correct the problems people are having. The packaging was completely and utterly bad in every conceivable way.

Agreed.

The fact that Woot is being so vague and unhelpful about what happened really makes this whole ordeal smell like a scam from the get go.

Honestly, what refurbishing company packages 900 dollar tvs in this way? On what planet would someone do this without expecting there to be significant damage? The only possible explanation that I can come up with is; this is a scam. Someone wanted to unload a bunch of faulty tvs. What better way then to package them horribly and blame it on shipping?

Now I have no way of knowing for sure if I am right. I also have no idea if Woot was complicit in the possible scam.

But based on how this whole thing has been handled, and how Woot is being very tight lipped, what else am I to conclude?

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

I was hoping to receive a decent TV for the money, but instead received a damaged TV with no accessories. The huge holes and tears in the box made it difficult for the delivery guy to wrestle it into my house.
I have asked Woot for a refund. Hope I can patch the box well enough to send it back.
I am very disappointed - I wanted to watch the Olympics on this new TV. This is my first bad experience on Woot, so I am not going to slam them. I just hope this does not happen again.

drhall2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drhall2

Just got off the phone with Seko office here in Charlotte, NC. The tv's are here. They are sorting through them to see which ones are damaged. Said it looks like 5 or 6 are. They said that they will call me back today. Nervously awaiting the outcome of their sort....

ebayfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebayfreak

Got the TV today finally.

I'm pretty disappointed. I cannot even put the TV together because some of the screws are not the correct size. Some are so worn down on the head that I cannot screw them in.

Of course there are numerous scratches on the TV itself caused by the loose TV stand banging on the TV.

I don't know how Woot or whoever put this thing together expect people to accept and pay for this.

My question is this.. if you're LG shouldn't you include at least the correct screws with the TV?

drhall2

Seko just called and told me that although the packaging on my tv is in very poor condition it appears that the tv is okay. All of the accessories are there, and they have added extra tape to the box in an attempt to stabilize it. Delivery is set up for tomorrow morning between 9 and 12. So we'll see how this turns out.

mb93234

I have an exciting update! I contacted Marsha Blankenship (marsha.blankenship@lge.com) with LG after a suggestion by tking24. She assured me that a properly packaged replacement would be sent from LG's own facilities. She also asked for pictures of the packaging in order to verify that the TVs did not come from LG.

I highly suggest to those of you who have not yet opted for a refund to contact her. You will need to fill out a repair request form and send her pictures of the damage and packaging. I hope they find out where these are coming from and if there is any fraud involved.

Woot, I hope you're following because this is what proper customer support looks like. Why did I have to get this contact information from another user and then contact an LG representative myself in order to properly resolve these problems? In the very least, you could have pointed us in the right direction.

I'll give everyone an update as soon as I hear more from LG.

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity
mb93234 wrote:The message has been sent. I forgot to ask in the e-mail, but should I also send back the remote, wi-fi dongle and glasses? Given some of the posts here, I'm afraid that the replacement (if I ever get one), won't have those parts. They seem to have survived very well considering.

Chances are there will be no replacements available to send you...

Edit: I see your post contacting the LG refurb rep. Hope everything works out for you!

stanleypup

Well I received yet another response from Woot about this situation, this one a little more positive, yet still not attempting to do anything to truly resolve the situation. Here is what they said:

"We're again very sorry for the trouble this order has caused you. We have contacted SEKO, and arranged with them for a pickup at your convenience. All that is required is that you contact them, to arrange, a time (whatever time is best and convenient for you). Also, they are aware you wont have a box, and they will re-package the TV once they are able to get it back to their terminal. Once the TV is received back you'll be issued a refund within a few days.
SEKO: 866.268.5263
Again, we're very sorry about that"

And here is my reply:

"Hello,

Thank you for this information. I have already contacted SEKO this morning. They were very helpful after I explained the situation. The woman took my information and mentioned that they will work with me in terms of convenient pickup times. She mentioned that they would get back with me. I will try calling again if I do not here from them by tomorrow.

More importantly, waiting for you to receive the tv back at your facility before I receive MY money is neither reasonable nor acceptable. This would mean that I would not get MY money for another 2 weeks (for shipping), plus another 7-10 days after that. I am unwilling to wait close to another month to receive MY money. I think it is more than reasonable for you to refund my money within 1-2 business days after SEKO picks up the package. I am sure you are able to confirm this with them, once they have the tv in their possession. Again, to be clear, I will not wait another 3-4 weeks for my money to be returned. If I do note receive it within 1-2 days after SEKO picks up the tv, I will be filing a claim with both my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. I hope you can understand why I feel so strongly about this matter. I do not think I am asking something that is unreasonable, and I know that Woot would most likely rather not deal with the fraud division of my CC company.

Finally, based on your complete avoidance of the lst issue I raised in my email (i.e. the part about attempting, within reason, to make this situation "right"), I am assuming that Woot has no interest in trying to resolve this satisfactorily. I have seen no attempt by your company to try and satisfy the customers you have wronged. Your lack of an answer to this matter tells me all I need to know about how you treat customers at Woot. At this point, without any efforts on your part to try and correct this situation, I will never be dealing with your company again. And as I stated previously, I will make sure to let anyone I know, through both in person dealings, and through social media, about the negative experience I have had with your company. Furthermore, I also plan on contacting your parent company (who I have spent thousands of dollars with) and making them fully aware of this situation. I feel I have given you ample opportunity to try and resolve this amicably (or at the very least make an effort to explain why no further actions are being taken)."

Am I being unreasonable here? Is it to much to ask that 1.) they don't hold my money hostage for up to 2 months, & 2.) They actually make some kind of effort to make the situation right for those of us wronged by this deal?

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:I have an exciting update! I contacted Marsha Blankenship (marsha.blankenship@lge.com) with LG after a suggestion by tking24. She assured me that a properly packaged replacement would be sent from LG's own facilities. She also asked for pictures of the packaging in order to verify that the TVs did not come from LG.

I highly suggest to those of you who have not yet opted for a refund to contact her. You will need to fill out a repair request form and send her pictures of the damage and packaging. I hope they find out where these are coming from and if there is any fraud involved.

Woot, I hope you're following because this is what proper customer support looks like. Why did I have to get this contact information from another user and then contact an LG representative myself in order to properly resolve these problems? In the very least, you could have pointed us in the right direction.

I'll give everyone an update as soon as I hear more from LG.

Wow...now I am really confused! Why did Woot never even mention this option to me? If I am reading this right, LG is willing to replace the damaged tvs with actual working ones? Even though the damage appears to be clearly from the shipping process or the refurbishing company?

If there is a way to get a new tv or a refurbished one that is sent straight from LG, now THAT would be something that would satisfactorily resolve this (imho). Why on Earth is Woot not exploring this route? This is truly a mystery, the way this whole ordeal has been handled from beginning until now.

Is this possibly too good to be true? In other words, I am skeptical as to why LG would take responsibility for something that is not their problem....unless of course I am misunderstanding this.

I'd love to here others' thoughts on what we should do, (and perhaps from a Woot representative)...

houstong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houstong
netmaster911 wrote:Wow.. they shipped you a 55LW5300?? Yike..

Woot's reply: "Sorry about that, we'll have another sent". My response that it wasn't enough to say "Sorry about that" was returned with this sarcastic crap:

"I apologize that you did not appreciate my 'to the point' reply, and we certainly recognize that you are a loyal customer with a long order history with us. We also apologize that you received the incorrect TV. However, our options to resolve the problem are limited. I have spoken with the Customer Service Manager, and on top of what was already offered, the most we can offer you for the situation would be a $15 coupon to use on a future order. We cannot issue a partial refund, we are not able to "rush" a new unit, and we are not able to instruct our shipper to work within specific schedules.

So, again, our options are either to have the original unit picked up and returned back to us for a full refund, or we can have the correct unit packed and shipped to you and have the original unit returned at that time. A refund for the order cannot be issued until we receive the original unit back, if you decide you would prefer that option.

Please let us know which option you would prefer.

Randy"

thedetox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedetox
drhall2 wrote:Seko just called and told me that although the packaging on my tv is in very poor condition it appears that the tv is okay. All of the accessories are there, and they have added extra tape to the box in an attempt to stabilize it. Delivery is set up for tomorrow morning between 9 and 12. So we'll see how this turns out.

I got a call from them too (Charlotte office), they said my tv appears to be in good condition too and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

I have already said that I received a bad TV. I contacted Woot and they are arranging to have it returned. I am flabbergasted that anyone would have another of these delivered to them.
Please, use some sense.
If you need a 55 inch TV,do yourself a favor and buy it locally.

susanljo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanljo

Mine came today and I refused shipment. Not taking any chances. Am going to go to Costco get one there. I went today to look at the selection and many have discounts plus you get the automatic 2 year warranty.

I must say again that this discussion has been very very helpful! Thanks to everyone who has added their experience to it.

stanleypup

cookiebook wrote:I have already said that I received a bad TV. I contacted Woot and they are arranging to have it returned. I am flabbergasted that anyone would have another of these delivered to them.
Please, use some sense.
If you need a 55 inch TV,do yourself a favor and buy it locally.

I completely agree. Why anyone would want to risk going through this again is beyond me. However, if the tv is coming directly from LG this time, that would be different. They seem to be handling this the way it should have been from the start.

An update on my situation: I received another brief email from Woot stating that they will now refund my money within a few business days of SEKO picking it up. They mentioned that they will monitor it and confirm as soon as SEKO has the tv. This is much better and it frankly should not have taken me several emails to get this response from them. But better late than never I suppose.

On a more negative note, the email AGAIN completely avoided my comments about how they should be doing a better job of making this right for those of us who have been wronged. At the very least they can attempt to explain why they are unwilling to try and replace the tv with a properly packed, undamaged tv...you know, they way LG seems to be handling it...

I'm still confused at to whether or not I should even bother contacting LG at this point. As having a well packaged, working tv, sent directly from them, would be much more preferable. I anxiously await updates and comments on this from you guys (i won't be holding my breath that Woot will suddenly be acting with care or compassion and weigh in on this)....

sdodev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdodev

Packaging is as follows:

Box 3 inches wider on either side of the TV with cardboard corners supposed to keep it "centered". No bubble, not even peanuts.

I called the shipping company before hand and they let me visually inspect the contents before accepting the package. Nothing appeared to be damaged, had a bag of stuff. Driver comments on how crappy its packed.

Woot had agreed to cover any return costs if it was damaged, so I accepted the TV, took it home and hooked it up.

No issues on my end at first glance other than missing the CD required to stream media, free versions on the internet.

To the guy who was missing screws: Sorry man looks like they gave yours to me

drhall2

thedetox wrote:I got a call from them too (Charlotte office), they said my tv appears to be in good condition too and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

Yay! I hope their definition of good is the same as ours. Also no dead pixels or dark spots.

mb93234

sdodev wrote:Packaging is as follows:

Box 3 inches wider on either side of the TV with cardboard corners supposed to keep it "centered". No bubble, not even peanuts.

I called the shipping company before hand and they let me visually inspect the contents before accepting the package. Nothing appeared to be damaged, had a bag of stuff. Driver comments on how crappy its packed.

Woot had agreed to cover any return costs if it was damaged, so I accepted the TV, took it home and hooked it up.

No issues on my end at first glance other than missing the CD required to stream media, free versions on the internet.

To the guy who was missing screws: Sorry man looks like they gave yours to me

I wanted to update my previous comment. The screws for the TV were included, they were just attached to the TV/base and hard to see.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1071 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Y'all are reminding me why I would never buy a TV from an internet only store. I really hope that y'all get your issues resolved well.

ncc1701

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncc1701

Did anyone get the composite and AV adapter cables? Woot customer service says they can't provide them because they didn't advertise them, even though they advertised 2 composite inputs and 2 AV inputs, and the adapters are required for the second inputs.

nocktherock2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nocktherock2010
ncc1701 wrote:Did anyone get the composite and AV adapter cables? Woot customer service says they can't provide them because they didn't advertise them, even though they advertised 2 composite inputs and 2 AV inputs, and the adapters are required for the second inputs.

I dont think they were supposed to be included either. I checked "In the box" and it doesnt have any of that included.

Here's the link http://www.woot.com/offers/lg-3d-1080p-120hz-led-tv-with-smart-tv then click on "Specs", scroll all the way to the bottom.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
ncc1701 wrote:Did anyone get the composite and AV adapter cables? Woot customer service says they can't provide them because they didn't advertise them, even though they advertised 2 composite inputs and 2 AV inputs, and the adapters are required for the second inputs.

I received them with my 47"
I also received 4 pairs of glasses instead of 2 and the remote came with batteries + an extra set of back up batteries.

mb93234

I didn't get one with my 55". What does it look like and can it be purchased elsewhere?

nocktherock2010

mb93234 wrote:I didn't get one with my 55". What does it look like and can it be purchased elsewhere?

HDMI is better than AV, since HDMI does high def video AND audio in just ONE cable.

AV would be bunch of cables, more connections to make and still only analog audio support.

HDMI FTW

ncc1701

nocktherock2010 wrote:I dont think they were supposed to be included either. I checked "In the box" and it doesnt have any of that included.

Here's the link http://www.woot.com/offers/lg-3d-1080p-120hz-led-tv-with-smart-tv then click on "Specs", scroll all the way to the bottom.

The same specs page also lists 2 component and 2 AV inputs without mentioning that the second inputs cost extra.

nocktherock2010 wrote:HDMI is better than AV, since HDMI does high def video AND audio in just ONE cable.

That's nice, but my Xbox 360 and Wii both use component outputs, no HDMI.

mb93234 wrote:I didn't get one with my 55". What does it look like and can it be purchased elsewhere?

Here's a photo from one that was on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-COMPONENT-VIDEO-GENDER-CABLE-ADAPTER-NEW-/370630529659

mb93234

I just got off the phone with LG and they're sending me a replacement TV via FedEx (rather than SEKO) that should be arriving early next week. Only then will I have to send the broken TV back to them, again via FedEx. They're also still trying to determine where this original batch came from so that they can correct the problem at the source.

So far, my experience with LG has been top-notch. I'll send another update next week once I receive the replacement from them.

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:I just got off the phone with LG and they're sending me a replacement TV via FedEx (rather than SEKO) that should be arriving early next week. Only then will I have to send the broken TV back to them, again via FedEx. They're also still trying to determine where this original batch came from so that they can correct the problem at the source.

So far, my experience with LG has been top-notch. I'll send another update next week once I receive the replacement from them.

Wow, this is good news indeed for you! I am glad to see LG is stepping up and doing something about this fiasco. I really do wonder why they would be doing this, if the damages clearly has nothing to do with their company or their product.

I received a call from SEKO today, asking to set an appointment to have them pick up the tv. While I would love to have LG send me a working model, at this point I am leaning towards just sending it back and being done with it. Something just doesn't add up as to why LG would be doing this.

You know what would be really helpful? Actually having someone from Woot, you know, the company we purchased these scam tvs from, weigh in on this. Or, better yet, to actually handle it the way LG is from the beginning.

At this point, Woot is telling me to send the tv back, they have mentioned nothing to me about being able to get a replacement from LG, so that is what I am going with.

I'm just ready to wash my hands of this whole fiasco and take my business elsewhere in the future. In my interactions with Woot, it has been very clear from the beginning how they treat their customers. What a joke...

thedetox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedetox
thedetox wrote:I got a call from them too (Charlotte office), they said my tv appears to be in good condition too and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

My TV arrived, box was a bit bent, but not too serious (The delivery guy was very careful unloading it etc). I took it out and cant see any scratches or issues with it. Hooked it up and it works perfectly (no dead pixels that I can see etc).

Included was the wifi adapter, box of 3d glasses (in their own box), remote and base.

I picked up the extra 1 year warranty just in case, but I'm quite happy.

nocktherock2010

ncc1701 wrote:The same specs page also lists 2 component and 2 AV inputs without mentioning that the second inputs cost extra.

2 component and 2 AV is under the sections of inputs. Meaning that the TV has 2 ports but not the actual cables.
Here is what I see under the "In the Box" section:

In the Box:

(1) LG 3D LED SmartTV (Choose 47" Model # 47LW5700 or 55" Model # 55LW5700)
(2) Pairs of Passive 3D Glasses
(1) Wi-Fi Adaptor for Wireless Connectivity
Standard Remote Control

ncc1701 wrote:That's nice, but my Xbox 360 and Wii both use component outputs, no HDMI.

I knew about the Wii but my Xbox360 has an HDMI, I'm guessing there were different versions of it

nocktherock2010

stanleypup wrote:Wow, this is good news indeed for you! I am glad to see LG is stepping up and doing something about this fiasco. I really do wonder why they would be doing this, if the damages clearly has nothing to do with their company or their product.

I received a call from SEKO today, asking to set an appointment to have them pick up the tv. While I would love to have LG send me a working model, at this point I am leaning towards just sending it back and being done with it. Something just doesn't add up as to why LG would be doing this.

You know what would be really helpful? Actually having someone from Woot, you know, the company we purchased these scam tvs from, weigh in on this. Or, better yet, to actually handle it the way LG is from the beginning.

At this point, Woot is telling me to send the tv back, they have mentioned nothing to me about being able to get a replacement from LG, so that is what I am going with.

I'm just ready to wash my hands of this whole fiasco and take my business elsewhere in the future. In my interactions with Woot, it has been very clear from the beginning how they treat their customers. What a joke...

The reason LG is doing it is because of the 90 day warranty. But they dont cover if it was damaged severely from shipping.If it was damaged from shipping then return it to Woot.

Since this is your first purchase from Woot, which happened to be some TV's that were packaged improperly, you have the wrong impressions.
I have read your long essays that you posted about Woot apparently not doing anything. And let me tell you that the fact that Woot is giving you a full refund AND paying for the return shipping is huge. Try doing this with another company and YOU would have ended up paying $50-$100 for shipping this 70 pound monster.

ncc1701

nocktherock2010 wrote:2 component and 2 AV is under the sections of inputs. Meaning that the TV has 2 ports but not the actual cables.

Guess it was my mistake to assume that an input listed in the specs meant I could hook up cables of that type without purchasing an extra proprietary adapter.

mb93234

nocktherock2010 wrote:The reason LG is doing it is because of the 90 day warranty. But they dont cover if it was damaged severely from shipping.If it was damaged from shipping then return it to Woot.

This isn't true. I told LG that it was damaged during shipping due to insufficient padding and they are taking care of the problem. This isn't just about shipping, it's about the packaging. Even an extremely careful shipper could have easily damaged the TV given the beyond-minimal protection. I'm surprised that some even made it mostly unscathed. I think LG realized this, which is why the representative is asking for pictures of the box.

Again, if you have a damaged TV and would rather have a functioning one rather than a refund, I recommend contacting LG, not Woot. The contact information is on the warranty paper attached to the TV and in multiple posts here.

drhall2

thedetox wrote:My TV arrived, box was a bit bent, but not too serious (The delivery guy was very careful unloading it etc). I took it out and cant see any scratches or issues with it. Hooked it up and it works perfectly (no dead pixels that I can see etc).

Included was the wifi adapter, box of 3d glasses (in their own box), remote and base.

I picked up the extra 1 year warranty just in case, but I'm quite happy.

I got mine too. Box was in bad shape, bent, visible footprints on what turned out to be the screen side of the box. But the tv seems to be good. One scratch on the bezel in the upper left corner. I can live with that. The picture is great, no dark spots or dead pixels. I'm happy.

I'll be purchasing a warranty as well, just in case...

I hope that those of you that are still having problems can get them resolved.

nocktherock2010

mb93234 wrote:This isn't true. I told LG that it was damaged during shipping due to insufficient padding and they are taking care of the problem. This isn't just about shipping, it's about the packaging. Even an extremely careful shipper could have easily damaged the TV given the beyond-minimal protection. I'm surprised that some even made it mostly unscathed. I think LG realized this, which is why the representative is asking for pictures of the box.

Again, if you have a damaged TV and would rather have a functioning one rather than a refund, I recommend contacting LG, not Woot. The contact information is on the warranty paper attached to the TV and in multiple posts here.

Looks like LG is going above and beyond to make their customers happy because it clearly says on that warranty paper shipped with the TV that damage caused by shipping is not covered. Feel pretty good about this now!!

stanleypup

nocktherock2010 wrote:The reason LG is doing it is because of the 90 day warranty. But they dont cover if it was damaged severely from shipping.If it was damaged from shipping then return it to Woot.

Since this is your first purchase from Woot, which happened to be some TV's that were packaged improperly, you have the wrong impressions.
I have read your long essays that you posted about Woot apparently not doing anything. And let me tell you that the fact that Woot is giving you a full refund AND paying for the return shipping is huge. Try doing this with another company and YOU would have ended up paying $50-$100 for shipping this 70 pound monster.

Yeah, I am sorry, but that is just not true. Just bc this is my first experience with Woot, does not mean that I don't have a wealth of experience buying from other retailers.

I can't think of a single instance where I had this much trouble getting answers or any resolution. And if you are getting charged for the return shipping on something similar to this fiasco, you are doing business with the wrong retailers.

Woot may very well have a good reputation and many people can no doubt back that up with good experiences.

Nothing about that changes the fact that in this transaction, they have failed to communicate well and failed in just about every other way a customer service team can.

The bottom line is that that many of us were totally screwed by this purchase, without even the slightest attempt to make it right. Returning the tv and getting a refund does not earn them kudos, that is the very least that can be done, literally.

I would have been more satisfied if they would at least address the issue more directly and honestly. All you need to do is take a look at how LG is handling this to see the stark difference in customer service.

stanleypup

Well, Seko called and scheduled pickup for tomorrow evening. I will say they have been helpful. I also want to make it clear, I am by no means ungrateful that Woot is giving refunds. Even if they have mishandled this in many other ways, they are at least doing this much. I just happen to think for a purchase like this, better communcation and some efforts to try and work with us would have gone a long way.

I just emailed them and asked about LG and the possible option of getting a replacement that works. It's unfortunate that I had to find that out from users here about this option. We'll see what they say...

dizenz07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dizenz07

There is hope fellow wooters! I just got my 55 inch today and its in PERFECT condition. No scratches, no dinks, no dents, and no dead pixels. The TV is amazing! Yes, the box it came in was horrible and there was no protection in the inside besides the bubble wrap around the base. The TV had no bubble wrap, just plastic and a cardboard base and cardboard top. But, alas, it arrived in perfect condition.

So, for those who haven't gotten theirs yet, keep your hopes up!

Txcolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Txcolt

I received my 55" today as well. The packaging was questionable to be sure. The TV was wrapped in plastic and had two cardboard pieces to protect the top and bottom edges. Despite that the TV is in good condition. Scratches on the back but the front is spotless. No dents and a perfect picture. I hope those still waiting have as much luck as I feel that I had here.

cjsigns99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjsigns99

Well I'm feeling a lot worse after finding this thread.

I'm on vacation right now and I have no clue where my tv is. I assumed my order would be shipped via ups and I let me driver know that I would be out of town this week and to hold my order if it came in.

I put my order number in on Sekos website and it says that my tv is at my local airport.

I'll be calling them tomorrow.