genbap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genbap

My 55" arrived yesterday in good condition. Two small surface issues (one on TV frame and one on base) is the only damage. Packing was not great but in good shape upon arrival.
TV looks and works great. Received all accessories and hardware except one screw. Love the TV so far.

stanleypup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanleypup

Well, it looks like Woot has decided to stop communicating with me altogether, as it has been over 24 hours since I sent my last email. Which means I will be sending the tv back after work today (assuming SEKO comes when they are supposed to).

What a shame this ordeal has been. I am genuinely happy for those of you who got lucky with working tvs (and I would strongly encourage you to spring for the extended warranty).

The one positive about this whole fiasco has been the online Woot community, so I want to thank everyone who participated in this thread. I have found all of your input very helpful.

I will probably bow out at this point, as the only thing left to be done is to get my refund. I'll definitely update if there are any problems with that. Hopefully I will have my money back by mid week next week, so I can just be done with this ordeal...move on, and buy a tv from a company that treats their customers with compassion and respect.

Cheers and good luck!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

First off, we want to say that we are extremely sorry for any issues with your refurbished LG TV that you purchased during the Woot sale on July 10th. We always strive to provide you the best deals possible, especially in the refurbished category which is typically a tremendous value over new product, and will continue to search for deals that will appeal to you. Unfortunately, with refurbished products, there are occasional issues that arise that we do not anticipate and we are extremely apologetic for the negative experience with this purchase. Please know that we never knowingly would want for our most important partner, our community.

We understand that some of you have received your LG 55” LED and the packaging may not have been up to par and your TV didn’t arrive in the condition it should have. This was our first deal with this vendor and did not anticipate the packaging issues that some of you encountered. We completely understand your dissatisfaction. We are truly sorry and are working diligently with our vendor to resolve the situation for you. In most cases, a suitable resolution has been provided with either a replacement TV or a refund if you’re not 100% satisfied. Our CS team and LG have been trying to be responsive in addressing issues to our best ability. Fortunately, the damage/defective issue has only affected a handful of customers and most of you have received your TV in working condition.

However, for those that have not been as fortunate, please let us know if you are not 100% satisfied and we will be sure to take care of you, or direct you to our vendor partners who can make the situation better. If you have any issues with defective or missing accessories, please contact LG, or Electroline customer support at:

LG: 256-772-4624
LG: 256.542.2798
Electroline: 800-449-8889

However, if you get a damaged TV or have any other questions, please email us at service@woot.com and we’ll help you out.

We have certainly learned from this experience. Rest assured that for future LG TV deals, LG has worked very hard to make sure the packaging is dramatically improved to protect the TV both inside and out and damages should be dramatically reduced.

stanleypup

DennisWKam wrote:First off, we want to say that we are extremely sorry for any issues with your refurbished LG TV that you purchased during the Woot sale on July 10th. We always strive to provide you the best deals possible, especially in the refurbished category which is typically a tremendous value over new product, and will continue to search for deals that will appeal to you. Unfortunately, with refurbished products, there are occasional issues that arise that we do not anticipate and we are extremely apologetic for the negative experience with this purchase. Please know that we never knowingly would want for our most important partner, our community.

We understand that some of you have received your LG 55” LED and the packaging may not have been up to par and your TV didn’t arrive in the condition it should have. This was our first deal with this vendor and did not anticipate the packaging issues that some of you encountered. We completely understand your dissatisfaction. We are truly sorry and are working diligently with our vendor to resolve the situation for you. In most cases, a suitable resolution has been provided with either a replacement TV or a refund if you’re not 100% satisfied. Our CS team and LG have been trying to be responsive in addressing issues to our best ability. Fortunately, the damage/defective issue has only affected a handful of customers and most of you have received your TV in working condition.

However, for those that have not been as fortunate, please let us know if you are not 100% satisfied and we will be sure to take care of you, or direct you to our vendor partners who can make the situation better. If you have any issues with defective or missing accessories, please contact LG, or Electroline customer support at:

However, if you get a damaged TV or have any other questions, please email us at service@woot.com and we’ll help you out.

We have certainly learned from this experience. Rest assured that for future LG TV deals, LG has worked very hard to make sure the packaging is dramatically improved to protect the TV both inside and out and damages should be dramatically reduced.

Thank you for your reply. I received the email and just sent one back (hopefully this one doesn't get lost in email purgatory too).

Unfortunately, as I stated in my email, SEKO had already come and picked up the tv before I got your response. I want you to know that I do appreciate your comments here. Although I wish something like this was posted earlier, it is nevertheless appreciated.

Also, I am clearly not 100% satisfied. I get that mistakes happen with new vendors. It has been the response to those mistakes that has been disappointing. In my eyes, LG is handling this situation exactly how it should have been.

Having a working tv, that is properly packaged and shipped is really the only thing that would make this right. Sadly, that was never offered as an option to many of us. I have no idea if anything can be done at this point, now that SEKO has picked up the tv. But if you wanted 100% satisfied customers, that is what needs to happen.

As it stands now, after over 2 weeks, I am out time, money, and energy...with no tv to show for it. That is not very satisfying.

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

Thanks for the apology.
I recieved a bad TV on Wednesday and due to your great service it was picked up today (Friday). Two days to me is an appropriate response. I have shopped on Woot for four years and this one blip will not deter me. I am Woot!

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

I'd like to see Woot put some meaning behind the words and buy us an extended warranty from square trade -- or stand behind the TV themselves for the next 24 months.

I am 50/50 on returning it given the condition of the packaging and the contents. Customer experience aside, I suspect that return shipping and the loss of my business would out weigh the cost of an extended warranty...

When I think it though, I figure this can fall a couple of ways...

Option 1: Offer an extended warranty to us at no cost and avoid the hassle of processing yet another lost sale and reverse logistics.

Option 2: Tell us that you will do better next time and deal with the fallout of inaction. Also, the notion of 'doing better next time' is less than useful for those in this thread since we will not need a TV next time...or are no longer willing to give Woot their business as a result of this ordeal.

I realize this sounds like an ultimatum, and it genuinely isn't. I just thought these options represented the basic paths this thing can go and the implied cost therein.

genbap

Has anyone considered the extended warranty from LG? I noticed it's availability when I registered my unit. 3 year coverage for $80.97.

mb93234

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mb93234
genbap wrote:Has anyone considered the extended warranty from LG? I noticed it's availability when I registered my unit. 3 year coverage for $80.97.

Are you sure about that? I went to this page below and it specifically says:

*Warranty coverage applies to brand new unit with proof of purchase invoice which is inclusive of display unit sold at dealer outlets. With effect from July 2012, there will be no warranty extended for refurbished unit which bore a "REFURBISH" mark at the back of the product unit.

https://wws.lg.com/sg/support/registration/support-sign-in.jsp

danwberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwberger

Hey Woot, and Wooters,
I received my 55" tv on Thursday July 26th. The box was open, partially crushed, and had holes in it, and the contents were banging around loosely. I inspected the TV as well as I could without completely unpacking it and it looked undamaged so I accepted the shipment against my better instincts. Later upon unpacking it, I found that the screen had a scratch on it, the back was dented in several places. There were no screws to attach the stand. I powered it up, and it seems to work, but considering the physical damage and missing parts, I don't want to keep it.
I've called the LG number three times so far and haven't gotten a call back. I'm hoping to get a response and to be able to swap it out for an undamaged unit.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
danwberger wrote:Hey Woot, and Wooters,
I received my 55" tv on Thursday July 26th. The box was open, partially crushed, and had holes in it, and the contents were banging around loosely. I inpected the TV as well as I could without completely unpacking it and it looked undamaged so I accepted the shipment against my better instincts. Later upon unpacking it, I found that the screen had a scratch on it, the back was dented in several places. There were no screws to attach the stand. I powered it up, and it seems to work, but considering the physical damage and missing parts, I don't want to keep it.
I've called the LG number three times so far and haven't gotten a call back. I'm hoping to get a response and to be able to swap it out for an undamaged unit.

Please be sure to contact service@woot.com if you haven't already. We've given them a heads up to your issue.

I'm just hanging out, really.

davidvossel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidvossel
jeremiahj wrote:I'd like to see Woot put some meaning behind the words and buy us an extended warranty from square trade -- or stand behind the TV themselves for the next 24 months.

I am 50/50 on returning it given the condition of the packaging and the contents. Customer experience aside, I suspect that return shipping and the loss of my business would out weigh the cost of an extended warranty...

I agree with this.

My TV works, but it arrived floating around in a giant cardboard box with no protection. That alone makes me nervous about keeping it.

Woot, given the circumstances surrounding this deal, please consider backing up this purchase with some sort of extended warranty.

Stories of companies that take care of their customers are what keep me (and others) coming back for years to come.

For example, newegg. I bought a video card from them that went bad after a year. No policy said they had to do anything about that failure, but I contacted them anyway. Turns out they didn't even carry that component anymore, but they gave me a full refund a year later even after the product had been discontinued. Knowing that, why would I ever try and save a few bucks buying computer hardware anywhere else in the future.

Providing an extended warranty for this purchase says to us, "Yes, this went badly, we understand and want your trust for future purchases". We trusted you with our money for a large purchase. Something out of your control made this a stressful experience for the majority of the customers who purchased this item, and a huge disappointment for the handful who got completely damaged TVs. Please make this right for everyone involved.

Given my analogy to newegg above, you are currently the inverse of that situation. Why would I ever consider saving a few bucks on woot.com when I get shipped garbage in return.

eagles7277

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eagles7277

I also agree that woot should give an extended warranty with this product. Although my TV only has minor issues (sratched up and some dark pixel areas,otherwise working fine) I am very worried about how long it function properly. I feel that woot should step up to the plate and toss in an extended warranty to all who purchased this product. I know it would make me feel better about making large purchases from them in the future.

EXAMPLE: My wife and I check woot every morning to see the deals. Today there is a Rug Doctor (refurbished), which is an item we have been thinking about purchasing recently. As soon as my wife saw that deal this morning, she said "Too bad the TV was such a nightmare or I'd order one." For right now all we will order are small "wants" and no big "needs" from woot. We need to get more wooters to chime in and demand that woot take care of all that were involved in this mess.

garyw81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garyw81

Not sure what to do at this point in my situation...

I scheduled a delivery with Seko for last Thursday between 2-6pm. Seko calls me Thursday afternoon telling me that the tv is lost and they don't know where it is. They tell me that they will call when they get any info.

I give them a call this morning and apparently it's still lost. So how long do I wait until the tv is "found"? I don't know my options right now other than to wait.

genbap

mb93234 wrote:https://wws.lg.com/sg/support/registration/support-sign-in.jsp

That warranty site is for Singapore. Try this one.

https://lg.yourserviceplan.com/presentationlayer/RealTimeQuoteLG.aspx

Never mind. Same holds true - no refurbished according to paragraph 16 L of the service agreement.

stanleypup

I completely agree with those who are saying Woot should try and offer some type of extended warranty (for those lucky enough to receive working televisions). I would think the potential loss of business is enough to make up for any potential cost of the warranties. The customers who bought these tvs, didn't just buy a small ticket item. These are exactly the types of customers I would not want to lose on future deals.

Unfortunately, for those of us who were not so lucky, a warranty isn't going to do a whole lot. I am waiting to hear back from Woot about how they are trying to make this right for those of us without working tvs. I am hoping that they have been on the phone today with LG, attempting to arrange a deal where LG ships properly packaged, working televisions to those of us who received non-functional tvs (you know, the way a couple of Wooters have been doing on their own?). Anyways, I'll update if and when I hear something. But I do think Woot has a chance to save a significant loss of future business by making this right.

davidvossel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidvossel
stanleypup wrote:But I do think Woot has a chance to save a significant loss of future business by making this right.

To flip this and spin it more positive, woot has the opportunity to gain more loyal customers. The kind that are willing to make future impulse purchases on expensive items because they are confident woot will deliver a good customer experience.

stanleypup

davidvossel wrote:To flip this and spin it more positive, woot has the opportunity to gain more loyal customers. The kind that are willing to make future impulse purchases on expensive items because they are confident woot will deliver a good customer experience.

Yes, agreed. That is a more positive way of looking at it, and very true.

The funny thing is, although I probably come across to some on here as possibly "a negative complainer" (since I have been one of the more vocal posters), I actually tend to be an extremely loyal customer. I have for years, spent the majority of my money for online purchases through Amazon. Mainly because, even when there is an occasional mix-up or problem, they have always at least tried to make the situation right. I hope that Woot is currently doing the same, we shall see...

eagles7277

davidvossel wrote:To flip this and spin it more positive, woot has the opportunity to gain more loyal customers. The kind that are willing to make future impulse purchases on expensive items because they are confident woot will deliver a good customer experience.

Guys, it's not our job to "flip it" or "spin it". Woot backed the wrong horse on this deal and they need to make it right.

stanleypup

eagles7277 wrote:Guys, it's not our job to "flip it" or "spin it". Woot backed the wrong horse on this deal and they need to make it right.

Point taken. It's not like they don't already know what we are saying. The bottom line is they are going to either make it right or choose to shift their error/loss to their customers.

stanleypup

Update: I made it abundantly clear in the last email sent to Woot, that I am not satisfied, and that I would hope they are making some sort of efforts to get working televisions to those of us wronged. In spite of once again taking time to write to Woot, and allow them to correct this situation, what do I receive in return?

A one line email (from the staff member who posted the apology) telling me that my refund should be expected in full shortly. That's it. Not a single comment about trying to make this right, not a single comment addressing my email at all. Nothing.

They had their chance to do the right thing. They had their chance to try and explain themselves, even if they couldn't replace the tvs. What do we get in return? A complete avoidance of addressing the content of my email.

Despite what was written here by the very same staff member, it appears to be lip service and hollow statements. Your customers are not 100% satisfied and apparently, while you know how to say the right things, you have no intention on following through and doing what is right.

Simply put, your customers deserve better. Based on your apology, I really hoped that their might be a resolution to this fiasco that would be at least marginally satisfactory. I really hoped that your statement about learning from this mistake was honest and true. Apparently not. You may have learned how to avoid this vendor, but I see no evidence of learning how to not make your customers responsible for YOUR mistakes. Good luck with that...

houstong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houstong
DennisWKam wrote:First off, we want to say that we are extremely sorry for any issues with your refurbished LG TV that you purchased during the Woot sale on July 10th. We always strive to provide you the best deals possible, especially in the refurbished category which is typically a tremendous value over new product, and will continue to search for deals that will appeal to you. Unfortunately, with refurbished products, there are occasional issues that arise that we do not anticipate and we are extremely apologetic for the negative experience with this purchase. Please know that we never knowingly would want for our most important partner, our community.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You shipped me the wrong TV and after a number of insulting emails, offered me $15 bucks to make it right. When I said I needed more than that to make this right, your guy Randy emailed a one liner that he would have the TV picked up. That's not what I wanted, I wanted my TV.

Since then, the awful shipping company has been calling me twice a day to schedule the pickup, even though I keep telling them I'm not ready to ship it back until I hear from you about when my new one will ship! I just want the TV I ordered 3 weeks ago... but I haven't had a response from your service@woot people since Thursday.

FIX THIS with the people who were wronged, don't waste time on silly posts that gloss over a really screwed up situation.

mb93234

houstong wrote:ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You shipped me the wrong TV and after a number of insulting emails, offered me $15 bucks to make it right. When I said I needed more than that to make this right, your guy Randy emailed a one liner that he would have the TV picked up. That's not what I wanted, I wanted my TV.

Since then, the awful shipping company has been calling me twice a day to schedule the pickup, even though I keep telling them I'm not ready to ship it back until I hear from you about when my new one will ship! I just want the TV I ordered 3 weeks ago... but I haven't had a response from your service@woot people since Thursday.

FIX THIS with the people who were wronged, don't waste time on silly posts that gloss over a really screwed up situation.

As I've told others on this forum, forget Woot support and contact Marsha at LG via e-mail. My replacement TV is already coming Wednesday via FedEx freight, and she assured me that it will arrive intact due to much better packaging. The return label is coming with the replacement, and the smashed TV will be going out with FedEx and (I assume) directly to LG.

I'll send an update once the replacement arrives.

stanleypup

mb93234 wrote:As I've told others on this forum, forget Woot support and contact Marsha at LG via e-mail. My replacement TV is already coming Wednesday via FedEx freight, and she assured me that it will arrive intact due to much better packaging. The return label is coming with the replacement, and the smashed TV will be going out with FedEx and (I assume) directly to LG.

Unfortunately, Woot made no efforts to make us aware of this possibility. They already have my tv and have given no indication that they are attempting to work with LG on this matter. It is quite confusing why Woot would not have contacted LG and handled this for you too. But cheers to you for finding, a way around Woot's incompetence. At least someone here has found a way to get a well packaged working tv!

houstong

mb93234 wrote:As I've told others on this forum, forget Woot support and contact Marsha at LG via e-mail. My replacement TV is already coming Wednesday via FedEx freight, and she assured me that it will arrive intact due to much better packaging. The return label is coming with the replacement, and the smashed TV will be going out with FedEx and (I assume) directly to LG.

I wish my TV would have arrived damaged, then I could call LG. Unfortunately, I doubt LG will take responsibility for woot sending me the wrong model... nor should they.

mb93234

houstong wrote:I wish my TV would have arrived damaged, then I could call LG. Unfortunately, I doubt LG will take responsibility for woot sending me the wrong model... nor should they.

It wouldn't hurt to try. They went above and beyond with my request, even though they explicitly say they won't cover shipping damage.

stanleypup

Well, I received an email from Randy. I will add that it was thoughtful and very much appreciated, even if it is about 2 weeks too late. In it he apoloigized again, explaining that Woot is limited in their ability to make this situation right, as they neither manufacture or refurbish these products themselves. The email also asked what else I think Woot can do to attempt to make this right and that they would review any possible suggestions. This is what I replied:

"Randy,

Thank you for the reply. Believe it or not, if the content of your email (and Mr. Kam's apology) was sent to me at some point in the previous two weeks, you may still have a customer. I appreciate that you have taken the time to explain the situation in detail. While I still may have my questions and doubts about what Woot could have done differently, it is helpful to hear more detail about the situation, other than the usual one line emails about "picking up my tv and refunding my money". There are several things that I would suggest the Woot management team review about this fiasco:

1.) Better communication. From the very beginning the communication on this matter was pathetic. The only reason people knew what was happening was bc your CUSTOMERS were doing your job. It was you customers that helped with tracking the shipping and it was your customers that found out that LG might be willing to assist. Even after your customers found out that LG was willing to send working televisions, you still remained silent on this option until it was too late for many of us.

2.) Make every reasonable attempt to get your customers working TVs. I am not dumb, I understand that Woot neither manufactures of refurbishes its own products. However, I am certain that Amazon, Best Buy, Overstock, etc. does neither of these things as well. Yet, when a customer buys a product from one of these companies, they expect to receive the product in working order. If the product is not in working order, a suitable replacement is expected. Yes, you may not have had enough of these TVs in your stock to replace all of the damaged ones. Again, you can do one of two things in this scenario, a.) attempt, on your own, to acquire suitable replacements or b.) screw over your customers. Obviously LG has the ability to send out working models of this TV. It is clear that you are aware that LG has working models of this TV. Why did Woot not attempt to purchase, from LG, working models of this TV? Why does Woot expect the customer to do this for them? Now, perhaps you did attempt to work out a deal with LG to make this right, and for some reason it was just not workable (i.e. cost, stock, etc.). I am willing to accept this as a possibility. I may have still been unhappy, as the end result would be that I still don't have a TV. However, I can promise you that it would have made a huge difference, if Woot at ANY earlier point attempted to explain to us, that while you explored this option, it was just not feasible. You may still have had me as a customer. The bottom line is that Woot should make every reasonable attempt to get their customers the product they purchased. It is not apparent that any attempts were made.

3.) Refund and Pick-up: I do appreciate that Woot has refunded my money and scheduled a pick-up at my convenience. That is the very least that can be done in this situation, and I am happy that Woot chose to do the very least. However, better communication along with attempts to work with LG on getting replacements would have been a much more desirable outcome to this situation. If your customer is still unhappy after those are tried, then a refund is appropriate. Simply offering a refund, without any attempt to correct the situation (or subsequent explanation about why this wouldn't work) is simply not good business.

4.) Stand behind your products: While you may not manufacture or refurbish these products, they are nevertheless being sold on YOUR website. As I have stated before, most customers will completely understand when a deal goes bad with a new vendor. That is bound to happen from time to time with even the best retailers. But instead of shifting the burden of this mistake to your customers, Woot should accept responsibility for the mistake. For those customers who received poorly packaged, yet seemingly working TVs, offering some type of extended warranty would seem like a wise decision. As it stands now, I would be shocked if anyone who was involved in this deal (working tv or not) trusts Woot to the same degree that they may have before. I know I have learned my lesson. Saving a couple hundred dollars is just not worth the money and time I have had to devote to this whole ordeal.

5.) In the absence of being able to replace these TVs with working models, offer some other type of compensation to the customers who were wronged. Again, many of us who who received the damaged TVs had already spent time and money on the expected arrival of their purchase. Woot should have made an attempt to contact LG and find a replacement TV. Woot should have communicated that they had tried but were unable to acquire new TVs. Woot should have then offered some form of compensation to its customers. If Woot had done this things from the beginning, I can guarantee you that Woot would have earned my trust as a loyal customer. While it is not my job to determine this for you,here are a couple of options that I know would have satisfied me:

a.) "We apologize. Here is an explanation of why we could not obtain a replacement TV for you. As compensation for any inconvenience this may have caused, please accept $XX.xx amount as credit on a future Woot deal"

b.) "Here is an explanation of why we could not obtain a replacement TV for you. As compensation, we will alert you immediately when a similar TV becomes available and give you first access on purchasing that TV".

Either of these options would have satisfied me from the beginning.

I really do hope that you and Woot's management team takes the time to read this feedback. You may have lost my trust as a customer, but in the future, perhaps this can be avoided with new customers?"

Anyways, so that most likely settles it at this point. I highly doubt Woot will be doing anything else to correct the situation, but hopefully they do read the suggestions that we have all offered up here. Again, I want to thank fellow Wooters that have been very supportive and helpful during this fiasco. Best of luck to all of you!

ebayfreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebayfreak

I'm really disappointed with Woot's customer service this time. I received a bad TV and Woot told me that someone from Seko will contact me to pick up the TV. That was a week ago. Woot has not been replying to my subsequent queries.

eagles7277

ebayfreak wrote:I'm really disappointed with Woot's customer service this time. I received a bad TV and Woot told me that someone from Seko will contact me to pick up the TV. That was a week ago. Woot has not been replying to my subsequent queries.

That is absolutley ridiculous! I can not believe how unprofessionally woot is reacting to this situation. Make things right, woot. Extended warranties for those of us that recieved TV's that work...for now. And a little quality customer service for those that need it.

mb93234

I received my replacement TV from LG yesterday and it survived the journey beautifully. The packaging was similar, but the box wasn't as wide and there were many foam U-shaped protectors along all of the edges of the screen that kept it centered and prevented it from getting damaged from drops on any side. All of the parts were also generously wrapped in protective plastic, including peel-off film around the edge of the screen and over the stand.

If the above wasn't great enough, it also came with all of the stand screws (which I have since realized didn't come with the other TV at all), both composite and component adapters, 4 pairs of 3D glasses, what looked like a brand new remote, and a wireless adapter still wrapped in plastic. The only items missing were the two batteries for the remote, which I could care less about. In all, I was provided exactly what I was expecting the first time. The differences between the two boxes/contents was so striking, I really hope that LG and Woot find where the original set was coming from. It's laughable how much different they were.

This was the first LG product that I've purchased and they get a huge gold star for how they handled this disastrous situation. Now I just need to get the broken one back to them...

tking24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tking24
mb93234 wrote:I received my replacement TV from LG yesterday and it survived the journey beautifully. The packaging was similar, but the box wasn't as wide and there were many foam U-shaped protectors along all of the edges of the screen that kept it centered and prevented it from getting damaged from drops on any side. All of the parts were also generously wrapped in protective plastic, including peel-off film around the edge of the screen and over the stand.

If the above wasn't great enough, it also came with all of the stand screws (which I have since realized didn't come with the other TV at all), both composite and component adapters, 4 pairs of 3D glasses, what looked like a brand new remote, and a wireless adapter still wrapped in plastic. The only items missing were the two batteries for the remote, which I could care less about. In all, I was provided exactly what I was expecting the first time. The differences between the two boxes/contents was so striking, I really hope that LG and Woot find where the original set was coming from. It's laughable how much different they were.

This was the first LG product that I've purchased and they get a huge gold star for how they handled this disastrous situation. Now I just need to get the broken one back to them...

my first tv had discolored spots on it, so i let lg know. i got my replacement from lg last week, too, but i wasn't as lucky. the packing was much better than the first tv, but the screen and the casing outside of it were both cracked. i emailed lg today to let them know about the problem. i think i'd like to give it one more shot before giving up and asking for a refund.

deraynor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deraynor

I was one of the lucky ones... so far my set is working, but I have no confidence for the long term. I can't believe how shoddy the packaging was and how poor it was packed. Never again...

jeremiahj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeremiahj

You know, the Woot staff had no problem keeping up with the comments on the other, more recent, LG LCD/LED TV for sale. This begs the question; why so quiet here? Thunder himself said something to the effect in that thread that 'one upset customer is too many'. Really? I'm being forced to call you out on that line -- and I'll keep showing up on future TV offers to let them know how you treat customers post-purchase.

Also, in Woot's defense you keep saying that 'only a small number of customers were effected'. So, if that is truly the case then why not buy the 'small number of customers' (like me and the others posting here) a warranty to make this right? If it's such a small number surely this gesture of goodwill would server your mantra of not having upset customers.

houstong

jeremiahj wrote:You know, the Woot staff had no problem keeping up with the comments on the other, more recent, LG LCD/LED TV for sale. This begs the question; why so quiet here? Thunder himself said something to the effect in that thread that 'one upset customer is too many'. Really? I'm being forced to call you out on that line -- and I'll keep showing up on future TV offers to let them know how you treat customers post-purchase.

Also, in Woot's defense you keep saying that 'only a small number of customers were effected'. So, if that is truly the case then why not buy the 'small number of customers' (like me and the others posting here) a warranty to make this right? If it's such a small number surely this gesture of goodwill would server your mantra of not having upset customers.

I'm with you... I finally got the right model unit yesterday, 5 weeks after this sale ended. The thing arrived in same bad packaging as everyone else described but seemed to be in good shape. This time, the unit arrived with no remote or wifi adapter. I'm giving up and just buying those on ebay.

But for all of this, woot offered me a $15 refund. They did note that they've spent several hundred dollars in shipping these TVs back and forth... so good for the shipper, I guess.

There are so many ways this could have been handled... But I guess what annoys me most is how obnoxious they were in dealing with things privately, contrasted with the public postings about how great their service@woot team is and how they're standing by to help.

But the market will sort things out in the long run. Critical mass will build, people will stop shopping, competition will rise, and management will change. At least one can hope.

stanleypup

One more, most likely final, update:

So after Woot refunded my money and picked up my damaged television, I figured I would email Marsha at LG. I figured it was a long shot that she could do anything at that point, but it was worth a shot. As usual, Marsha was great. She was very helpful, responded promptly, and although she personally was unable to help me, she took it upon herself to contact a vendor who distributes these TVs and have them contact me. What a breath of fresh air. Woot, take note. THIS is how customer service is handled.

Following this, someone named Betty contacted me from a vendor that Marsha asked to help out (I apologize, apparently when I first posted this, I misunderstood and thought that Betty worked for the vendor that was responsible for packaging these tvs. Apparently that is not the case, as I am told it was LG who is to blame for that).She was very pleasant, however the phone conversation was interesting. She seemed to be defending Woot a bit more than I expected, explaining that Woot is putting pressure on LG to make this right, or some such thing. She also gave me a reason why the TVs were packaged so poorly.

I told her about how there can olny be two logical reasons forthis poor packaging 1.) The TVs were damaged to begin with and this was a scam or 2). The vendor was insanely and bewilderingly incompetent. She explained that, perhaps the TVs were meant to just be placed in stores and therefore were not properly packaged for longer shipping routes. I am not sure that I buy this, and even if it was true, it is still insane that no one stopped to think that sending out these TVs packaged, as they were was not a good idea. In spite of her trying to defend Woot, I tried to explain to her that the poor packaging was not my main beef. It was everything about the way Woot has handled this situation following the error that was my issue. I am not sure she understood fully what has transpired, but she was nice and truly seemed to want to help, so I didn't push the issue anymore. The end result was that she said she would contact Woot personally and see if anything could be done. I received an email from her last Friday, stating that I should hear from someone at Woot in the next 1-2 business days. After not hearing from anyone by Tuesday, I emailed her and let her know that no one has contacted me. Here it is on Friday and I have not received any word from either her or Woot, and I don't expect to (or even want to) at this point.

So, once again, everything Woot claims to stand for is a lie. I feel for those of you with working tvs, as I know it must be a difficult position to be in (i.e. wondering if there was any damage that will be shown in the future).

On a much happier note, I do have a new TV. I decided to spend a little more (actually close to $500 more), but I have a brand new LG 55LM6200 (this year's model too). It was well worth the extra money I spent. Not just because it is a newer TV with better features, but mostly because the purchase was hassle free, I have a 1 year warranty, I don't have to worry about the thing breaking due to horrible shipping, and I was able to give my money to a company that actually deserves it.

Good luck to everyone here, and again, thanks for all the contributions and feedback given in this thread.

Cheers!

Witte58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Witte58

I havent read this entire thread as for the first half of it I was anticipating getting my new TV, and for the remainder of it I have been bummed with a broken tv sitting in the box taking up half my space while waiting for Woot to respond.
Finally got a response. I do thank them for taking it back for a full refund. They said 2 weeks ago that they would call Seko and schedule a pickup....
Well I waited the week as ordered and then contacted woot again. 3 days or so later got a response that Seko made a return tracking number or some whatever but never came and got the TV.

So here I sit over a month later with $900 tied up in a TV that doesnt work and my living room with a wonderfully sized box in the midst of it.

I hope to hear soon from you Woot.
Other bills could be paid or toys could be bought....
I would find a new logistics provider.
New Breed does our company just right.

tking24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tking24
tking24 wrote:my first tv had discolored spots on it, so i let lg know. i got my replacement from lg last week, too, but i wasn't as lucky. the packing was much better than the first tv, but the screen and the casing outside of it were both cracked. i emailed lg today to let them know about the problem. i think i'd like to give it one more shot before giving up and asking for a refund.

good news. got the new tv today. it was packaged wonderfully. works great. very happy. now i just need to package up the two non-working tvs, make a trek to fedex, and send them back to lg. i know lots of people are unhappy with the customer service, but i can say i feel good about the way woot and lg both handled my situation.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

Why kick against the -----! I just returned it and got a refund from Woot. I have to say service@woot could have done a better job, but once they got the ball rolling I got my refund. And from start to finish it only took 42 days to get my damaged TV, return it, and get my refund. Wonderful job Woot!

cookiebook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookiebook

Got my money back yesterday. It took awhile and I had to remind Woot that they in fact had received the return on July 31, but it is now over. Finally.