hotrod4x5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotrod4x5

If the woot gods are reading this, I have a suggestion for the website. When I first got here, it appeared to me that the item was sold out. But I poked around (mainly because the price range got me curious) and discovered that only one size is sold out.

If you want to sell these TVs, when one size is sold out, the site should default to the one that is left.

Sure, I found it, after some poking around, but a lot of people probably just see the sold out and click away.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Looking for something smaller and cheaper?

Sceptre 32" 720p LCD HDTV for $180 + free shipping
For its newsletter subscribers only, newegg offers the Sceptre 32" 720p LCD HD Widescreen Television, model no. X320BV-HD, for $249.99. Coupon code "EMCNCJN99" cuts it to $179.99. With free shipping, that beats our Black Friday mention by $8 and is one of the cheapest 32" 720p LCD HDTVs we've ever seen. (It's a current price low by $115.) It features a 1366x768 (720p) native resolution, 3,000:1 contrast ratio, 420 cd/m² brightness, 6.5ms response time, three HDMI inputs,and other video inputs. Coupon expires July 16.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
hotrod4x5 wrote:If the woot gods are reading this, I have a suggestion for the website. When I first got here, it appeared to me that the item was sold out. But I poked around (mainly because the price range got me curious) and discovered that only one size is sold out.

If you want to sell these TVs, when one size is sold out, the site should default to the one that is left.

Sure, I found it, after some poking around, but a lot of people probably just see the sold out and click away.

That's because it was sold out but we secured additional qty of the 47" and pushed the sale back live. You landed on the site right before the front page changed from "Sold out" to "I want one"

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

jarrettsburg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrettsburg
BigD wrote:That's because it was sold out but we secured additional qty of the 47" and pushed the sale back live. You landed on the site right before the front page changed from "Sold out" to "I want one"

Can you secure some more of the 55 inch ones?

jeffreyschulman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreyschulman
jarrettsburg wrote:Can you secure some more of the 55 inch ones?

Yeah - email me when the 55" are back in stock.

alchemist08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alchemist08
jeffreyschulman wrote:Yeah - email me when the 55" are back in stock.

Ditto.

BigD

quality posts: 69 Private Messages BigD
jarrettsburg wrote:Can you secure some more of the 55 inch ones?

We did - there are a few more of the 55" listed now.

What does refurbished or recertified mean? Click here to find out.

alchemist08

alchemist08 wrote:Ditto.

Well now the 55" apparently is back, but I'm experiencing the https error crap. :/

jarrettsburg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jarrettsburg
BigD wrote:We did - there are a few more of the 55" listed now.

Thanks!! I just ordered one!!!!!! Can't wait to get it!!!!!

alchemist08

jarrettsburg wrote:Thanks!! I just ordered one!!!!!! Can't wait to get it!!!!!

Finally got through and ordered one, myself!

jseureau

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jseureau

I know a guy that paid 3k for a TV like this about 2 years ago and man does he feel like a dumbass!

drizzo4shizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drizzo4shizzo

My sister bought an LG 47LH90 a while back, that model had local dimming. Does anyone know if this model has local dimming? It can add to the cost of the set and also to the thickness, so I think many sets do not have this feature (of which I am a big fan). Her set looks fantastic. And "blooming" doesn't bother me, mostly only see it when its credits rolling.

phypennwl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phypennwl
drizzo4shizzo wrote:My sister bought an LG 47LH90 a while back, that model had local dimming. Does anyone know if this model has local dimming? It can add to the cost of the set and also to the thickness, so I think many sets do not have this feature (of which I am a big fan). Her set looks fantastic. And "blooming" doesn't bother me, mostly only see it when its credits rolling.

I had been wondering about that, too. If you google the TV's model number and avsforums, you should find instructions in the very first post on how to basically hack the TV to activate local dimming, along with activating such things as local DVR and THX settings. Of course, you'd be doing so at your own risk.

sprousa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprousa

Is anyone concerned about dead pixels?

What is LG's warranty cover in this regard?

Does refurb mean someone got it with dead pixels new and they turn around and resell it refurb?

madur0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madur0

Guys, I ordered 3 sets of these. They have a few good reviews. Also, they don't make you look like a geek... (I ain't insulting).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ROCX84/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

jwhensiek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwhensiek
BigD wrote:We did - there are a few more of the 55" listed now.

Out now? I was just about to buy

rosiepalmer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosiepalmer
zener wrote:Does this TV come with 3D glasses?

and does it work with everything? or are only some things shown in 3D?

phypennwl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phypennwl
sprousa wrote:Is anyone concerned about dead pixels?

What is LG's warranty cover in this regard?

Does refurb mean someone got it with dead pixels new and they turn around and resell it refurb?

Refurbished normally means they either fixed whatever problem prompted the return in the first place, or the item passed their quality control tests. I've purchased plenty of refurb items, both from manufacturers and Woot!, and only once had a problem (which was handled promptly).

Usually, manufacturer's warranty on refurbished item is the same as for a new item, but they drastically reduce the time period (in this case, only 90 days of coverage).

FWIW, I contacted AMEX to see if this falls under their extended warranty program, even though it's refurb. In this case it does because it has a manufacturer's (i.e. LG's) warranty, but they merely double it, so just 180 days. You can get an additional year of SquareTrade warranty and the AMEX extension would go on top of that, so you could end up with a 1-year, 180-day warranty.

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911

I am a new Wooter. I placed two orders for a 55" (becasuse the 47" was sold out). Since 47" is back in stock, I went ahead and order it.

The problem is: Can I cancel the 55" LG TV order? The order is #40435974. I already emailed the service@woot.com.. hoping they will cancel before ship out two TVs.. I seriously do not need two TVs

nsgroi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsgroi
netmaster911 wrote:I am a new Wooter. I placed two orders for a 55" (becasuse the 47" was sold out). Since 47" is back in stock, I went ahead and order it.

The problem is: Can I cancel the 55" LG TV order? The order is #40435974. I already emailed the service@woot.com.. hoping they will cancel before ship out two TVs.. I seriously do not need two TVs

I want one of yours. Tell woot to transfer from you to me.

Box of Cobwebs cherry popped on 7/12/2009

netmaster911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netmaster911
nsgroi wrote:I want one of yours. Tell woot to transfer from you to me.

Woot! my order canceled successfully already. Thank you for your fast response.

You may woot one now

darwingotcha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages darwingotcha
nsgroi wrote:I want one of yours. Tell woot to transfer from you to me.

Can't really tell if he cancelled two TVs or just one, but I'll call dibs on the second if it exists! Spent too much time doing research and they sold out... don't suppose there's much chance of a second re-supply?

dchrem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchrem

I'm strongly considering buying the 47 inch but it would be my first major purchase from Woot. What happens if the tv arrives and the screen is cracked or something?? Would I have to pay to ship it back? or is that something i can handle with LG?

ptrainschafer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptrainschafer

Is there any kind of warranty available?

nsgroi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsgroi

I take it when somebody cancels, they don't update the page to let someone else buy that cancelled unit? That stinks. I really wanted a 55" one. It's not looking good.

Box of Cobwebs cherry popped on 7/12/2009

jedi1947

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedi1947

I want one so badly but they are already out of stock. Please, someone change your mind so I can get one and go "WOOT!", too.

jedi1947

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedi1947
phypennwl wrote:Refurbished normally means they either fixed whatever problem prompted the return in the first place, or the item passed their quality control tests. I've purchased plenty of refurb items, both from manufacturers and Woot!, and only once had a problem (which was handled promptly).

Usually, manufacturer's warranty on refurbished item is the same as for a new item, but they drastically reduce the time period (in this case, only 90 days of coverage).

FWIW, I contacted AMEX to see if this falls under their extended warranty program, even though it's refurb. In this case it does because it has a manufacturer's (i.e. LG's) warranty, but they merely double it, so just 180 days. You can get an additional year of SquareTrade warranty and the AMEX extension would go on top of that, so you could end up with a 1-year, 180-day warranty.

=================================
Bought refurbished from WOOT several times without a problem, ever. I also get the SquareTrade warranty to extend the offered warranty of 90 days to a year or two years.

So far, I've NEVER had to use these warranties due to the lack of failure.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ptrainschafer wrote:Is there any kind of warranty available?

Here you go!

This post is very helpful.

I'm just hanging out, really.

wootwork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootwork

Grabbed a 47" on the second run.. WooHoo! I mean Woot!

Anyway, went to squaretrade to add the 3-yr warranty, and they want 79.99, am I missing something? I was expecting it to be $99

I selected retailer/refurb/$654.99
and they said $79.99 for 3 years or $99.99 for 4 years...

unless I am missing something, that seems pretty good all around.

nathanblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanblue

Is there going to be any more of the 55" available?

mrtbshaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrtbshaw

Woot- You (y'all) get +1 for this write up. Good job being impartial, yet cynical at the same time. For that, we thank you.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

mrtbshaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrtbshaw
wootwork wrote:Grabbed a 47" on the second run.. WooHoo! I mean Woot!

Anyway, went to squaretrade to add the 3-yr warranty, and they want 79.99, am I missing something? I was expecting it to be $99

I selected retailer/refurb/$654.99
and they said $79.99 for 3 years or $99.99 for 4 years...

unless I am missing something, that seems pretty good all around.

If you want to blow 99 dollars, either get the 4 year plan, or PM me and I'll tell you how to wire the extra $20 to me.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

Hi, I'm trying to buy a 47in now and when I click buy it now it redirects to an error page!!!

jayanty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayanty

I am having significant trouble with the website today. Took me over an hour trying from two different laptops to login and place an order. Then i got a message that i am on the waiting list. Now refreshing that page doesnt work, nor do the links for Your Account or Stuff You Bought.

Something wrong with the woot website today?

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I was able to finally buy a 47in. You're on a waiting list? What size tv? I just checked woot and the 47 is still in stock.

I have been hunting for a 47in 3d tv, and I really wanted an LG but the price was a little too much for me. I think 47 is plenty big and I can't wait to get this in!

nvisconti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nvisconti

Same problem here. Error then waiting list. Help!

bezelbubba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bezelbubba

I am with some of the people above me, I had a 55"ready to roll, and then get a connection tines out error.le sigh. Hope more 55" come back in stock

jayanty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayanty

Woot, please help!

I've now run through all steps to complete and order twice already. Each time i get errors multiple times before i can order and then get the waiting list page. Am trying to order the 47". The other size anyway is showing sold out.

Trouble is that the waiting list page never refreshes correctly and no wait list status appears in my account so i don't know if my order has been formally accepted or formally added to some waiting list. What now? I am worried about trying again as i does not sink to land up with multiple sets.

ericburk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericburk

On a waiting list......ugh! How do we know if/when we've moved far enough ahead to actually get one? I don't see anyting in my account to show that I'm on "The List".

zxinfinity

quality posts: 18 Private Messages zxinfinity

On the waiting list... why can't Woot just tell us on the front page that it's sold out?